My boyfriend does not shave everyday. Help!

crystallee1688

Dear all,

Need your advise. My boyfriend does not like to shave daily. He only shave monday and thursday in a week. He works as a site supervisor. However, I told him i find that shaving is a basic form of courtesy and he should take care of his appearance and be groomed at work. However he claimed that he is very hairy and the more he shave, the faster the hair grown will take place.
By the way he is a chinese in his mid 30s.

I would just like to know is this acceptable or am i too fussy to ask him to shave daily , if not alternate days. He said, it is okay not to shave but i do not see others like him in public. Almost all men are shaved other than some blue colour foreign workers.

Ladies, can you share with me if your boyfriends or hushands shave daily or have same habbit of not shaving like my boyfriend. Is it acceptable?

Gentlemen out there, need your advice. Do you shave daily ? Do you tink it is too much for a man to shave daily?or I am too demanding as a girlfriend. My intention is actually for his own good to look presentable and not unpleasant lookinf at work.

kindly let me know your thoughts so that i can share with my boyfriend if there is any big gap between his thinking and the norm.

Thank you very much in advance.

cherriez

Facial hair is pretty sexy! When my bf tries to grow a stubble, all he manages are a few lao fu zi-ish strands of hair! Maybe the men you see who do not shave, are actually unable to have much hair growth at all XD

I know of someone who works in an environment surrounded daily by relatively high-ranking officials, but is hairy as a bear. On his good days, the stubble is trimmed into a big fat mustache. His job as far as I can tell however, is pretty much secured. In my office, at least two male colleagues of considerable positions, do not shave. My point is that, perhaps facial hair might not be as badly regarded as you might think?

As for being a site supervisor, bf was in a such a position once. The men working there sweat all day, shoes and pants are frequently splattered with mud, shirts are untucked by lunchtime. If your bf is in a similar situation, it could simply be that he finds it pointless to groom, in such an environment?

butters

i agree with cherriez. most chinese guys cant grow more than a few strands of hair on their face, so i think ur bf is lucky to be able to grow decent facial hair. and i do think facial hair is sexy.. i love it when my hubby doesnt shave.. :D

powder

WTF???

"shaving is a basic form of courtesy" - TO WHO???

"he should take care of his appearance and be groomed at work." - WHAT HAS SHAVING GOTTA DO WITH THIS???

"the more he shave, the faster the hair grown will take place." - TRUE, WILL GET THICKER TOO.

"is this acceptable or am i too fussy to ask him to shave daily" - WHY NOT USE RULER BEAT HIS HAND TOO??

"Almost all men are shaved other than some blue colour foreign workers." - U ARE A SCHOOLTEACHER IN RAFFLES INSTITUTION? WAT ALL MEN ARE SHAVED???

tell your Bfren 'Powder kor-kor' ask him to be himself and breakup with u once u start buying Pink polo tees and white lacoste shoes for him. u dun seem to get out much do u? or are u watching F4???

i've had long hair with stubbs, sunglasses over long hair with stubbs, now short-cropped with goatee, some days just dun shave for a week... who cares? point is Not to look like a typical citizen-shenton... and not dress like one.

making impressions thru dressing are for little henchmen, or pple whose character takes backstage, or pple who have no confidence... Hey tat does not mean pple in shirt n tie are like that, i'm just saying if your intention is for such purpose of impressing, then u can stay a little henchman all your life - u're not destined for greater things...

only in army then LL have to dress tat way

flyingxq

Hi crystal... my suggestion is to tell your bf that you will shave your armpit as often as he shaves himself....

Hope that helps...

tomasulu

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

– C.S. Lewis

Powder, u r so funny hahaha

Crystall88, i think it is normal for your bf not to hv time to shave everyday especially when he is too busy in site. My hubby also dun hv time to shave properly as he works longer hours daily at site. Dun compare your bf to other guys that u see daily in public if their jobs are very different.

yuene

Crystal,

Yes, you are too demanding. WTH???? Hello, he is a site supervisor, not a CEO of a Forbes 100 company, who is he supposed to impress at work with his appearance? The bangla workers he's supervising? The building?? Relax la.

Tomasulu, nice one.

haha Powder, even the teachers in RI don't make a fuss about shaving lor, my hb went through 4 years with a moustache and nobody asked him to shave.

its_fate

Crystal,

My hubby don't shave daily too... He has sensitive skin.. His skin will turn soar and reddish.. Guys, dun suggest using "Gillette" coz he already using it.. Hehehehe...

CEO may not also shave.. It depend on oneself than post..

freeport

crystal,
Don't find guys without shave is a problem to us. unless got smell or sweat easily then they have to shave. if ur bf/hb don feel shave it away i encourage you don trying to force them to shave away. Keep some respect to him also.

its_fate

White tiger imply that a woman clean shaved right?? *blur*

Not to forget, white tigers are rare species.. Very difficult to find one...

powder

i mentioned RI cos she says "Almost all men are shaved other than some blue colour foreign workers" so i thought maybe she just hangs around an all-boys' school. so many pple are sporting goatees nowadays after i started the fashion wayyyyyy back. even pierre png had it at one time... hey u go tell pierre to shave lah! keke

miloice

actually, no every guy is suited for a goatie.

Shaven or not, I think one has to maintain some personal grooming lah. Like combing of hair and getting hair cut regularly. Same with facial hair.

u can have a goatie but its not going to be a big messy bush still.

powder

sylphide, richard branson got goatee hor... he's kinda sexy... how abt sean connery, so old still damn sexy with that accent...

i think sometimes exposure impt...

alcifertoh

Never shave looks rugged leh... also look nice in formal wear what.... Too bad I don't have that much facial hair... maybe tonight apply XO.

Don't need to pluck lah Milo... Now there's this in thing call IPL. Women are very hot over it. Laser here laser there... Maybe shave the leg hair too. I think if I shave my leg hair my legs will be really sexy ahahahaha

skylar

zzzz.... HBH!! for leg hair or watever area hair.. must follow that Powderful lah.. he goes for his Brazilian waxing once a week! otherwise how can he go ard boasting abt his tofu skin? wahahahahaha..

some guys looks nice & rugged with unshaven chin but some looks di kor peh...

as for the Christopher Lee's new look, did any one see him with a straw hat doing the promo for his new "Nan Song Nan Di" promo?? kaoz.. he really looks damn old can? zzz...

alcifertoh

I don't think it's neccessary to trim or what unless you have pubic hair growing out from the bottom of your pants and you trip on it.

simpleman

I don't shave everyday as well. The only reason I shave my mouthache is for the girl friend .. she will complain if kissing - especially if it is very short.

Else who cares about shaving..

yuene

powder, Sean Connery is *yum*, think he looks better in old age as compared to younger (and yes, that beard ups his lao-yandao factor) :p depends on how it's groomed I feel.

Maybe TS bf looks like Gimli-type, then she want a Legolas-type one... hahaha

greyarea

crystal,
my BIL also damn hairy and if he doesn't shave for 1 day, his whole chin will look "green"..haha.... he told me he doesn't shave everyday because he finds it cleaner to shave once every few days and easier to shave also..my SIL has no issue with that leh ..cut some slack for your bf lah.. at most, dun kiss him until he shave lah..

also, some guys really dun bother abt grooming but prefer comfort. my hubby is one example.. i can dress up nicely to go out with him and he'll be in bermuda and ah-pek SLIPPER! what to do. i still have to accept him what..

if you really cannot accept this, i think better for you to find another partner.. anyway, sometimes i think it's good that our partner is not as vain as us..haha...

its_fate

grey area - Wahlau... too extreme liao lah... ask people find another partner juz bcoz of not shaving.. Hahahah... Siao Boh...

powder

think it's not so much of grooming, but the grunge-look is one of the looks mah... of cos guys we can hardly have the variety tat ladies can have from pony to pig to braids to this and tat... our hair is short or long. so the other parts we can play with is moustache (not many young guys keep) or goatee, and maybe play sideburns like elvis...

ya agree, perhaps her guy can't carry it off. it's also funny to see heavily-bearded pple suddenly looking clean-shaven...

greyarea

hehe..i'm not the only one suggesting this hor :p

but seriously, i have never heard that shaving is a form of courtesy?? mm....all i can think is may be crystal is being brought up in a very groom and proper environment??

powder

could this be the result of playing barbie&kent???

maybe we're on to something here... the years of playing with kent could result in real-life need to play. i mean u can strip kent and dress him up in barbie's clothes as well... hmmm....

ok i'm blaming it on Dolls. will remove all dolls from my daughter's room tonite.

miloice

well.... one can dress like Jacko. Just saw his MTV for Smooth Criminal. SO SMOOTH... really damn Kool!

greyarea

powder,
not everyone man has nice moustache one leh.. my BIL is one example.. really very hairy and spiky..from one side of his ear to the other side! not the goatee type for sure..

haha, powder you're right.. sometimes when i see my BIL clean shaven, feel like something missing from his face..wahaha..

miloice

yah.... not everyone will look good with goatie or moustache.

I got into trouble back in JC time when I tried to grow a moustache. As I think back, I really look quite stupid with it.

its_fate

grey area - Me oso nvr heard of it: "shaving is a form of courtesy" ... Our Singa got whiskers leh.. It is our Mascot for Courtesy Campaign... Hahahahah...

skylar

1129022.gif

Milo!! What a suggestion!