My bf's daugther........

sgbabydoll

May, you copycat lah. Btw, many angmoh expats are as serious with you as long as they are in Singapore. Usually they go away after a couple of years, and no LDR for them. Many are used to mid-term relationship with the local women wherever they are posted to.

Cuc, you were very mature in handling those not-so-serious relationships. My gf is at the stage where you were in, I think.

I also met my bf online. Frankly, how things have turned out was also quite a surprise to me.

kittenpie

ok, cuc, noted

just want to know if Match.com harbours at least some decent types

cause some dating websites are actually populated entirely by lewd types ...

cuclainne

doll, i was at the stage where i didn't want to jump into something else with two feet without knowing what i'll land myself into.

there were some FBs who will fetch me and bring me out to fancy places for dinners, send me back home in their nice cars .. i'd be lying if i didn't think that it was great! there was one who was quite homely and i remember he was one of the guys i spent quite a bit of time with. like i said, there's all sorts of people out there. lol.

may, there was at least one but too bad, i snapped him up already ... lol ..

sgbabydoll

I have browsed through Match.com, so as my gf, that most men are looking for women in their late 20s to early 30s. Ladies like us in their late 30s would be passed over.

kittenpie

have any of you watched "Hysterical Blindness" starring Uma Thurman?

there was a romance between two old people in the movie who found each other late in life. it was very, very touching.

does this sort of romance (old man + old woman) happen in real life? ever heard of someone around you who encountered this?

simpleman

I used to use online dating .. 3 or 4 years back.. not anymore.. not enough time..

Again, there are all sorts of women as there are all sorts of men..

sgbabydoll

SM, where you find your dates these days then?

Btw, talking about maids, heard that some HK people are sending their Filipino maids home as a form of protest against the mishandled bloody killing of HK tourists in Manila.

simpleman

Not been active dating recently.. ha ha..

Online is still a good place to meet "strangers".

Otherwise, through mutual friends.. (have some kahypoh female friends that won't hesitate to introduce gals) normally started with group dating.. then exchange phone nos.. and if there is chemistry, 2nd date 1 on 1..

sgbabydoll

"have some kahypoh female friends that won't hesitate to introduce gals"

Our male friends are not kaypoh enough to introduce their male friends to us haha

simpleman

Ya. Normal female friends are more kaypoh. If I have a new gf every of my female friends want to vet. Sometimes they try ton pour cold water. Other times the would add oil to the fire

simpleman

HK people sending filipino maids home are just short-sighted.

Yes, the philippines police screwed up but don't take it on the maid lah.

Philippines is always an interesting albeit a little dangerous place.. if you want to tour the country you take a certain amount of risk.

sundownprince

a bit late but so sad its heart breaking. i think its very difficult to care for a child with special needs. not able to detect before birth... autism? hope she finds love. the father is heartless.

lynnlim71

Hi

Its me again. The little girl is ok but now I am not so ok.

Is there a faster way to get the divorce finalised? That ex-wife of his is beginning to change her heart and wanted to patch back with him. She has been sending him lovey-dovey sms and take every opportunity to be with him and of course using the little girl. He has told me about these and quite transparent with me. Although I tried not to appear too worried and get on his back but I guess he felt it from my tone and language. I particular felt uneasy when he has to stay over night at her house once upon her request due to both the mother-daughter are sick and daddy have to stay to take care of the kid. My imagination ran wild and imagining the things they are doing together because I know she is faking her sickness when he told me she look alright. I never asked him what he did that night but he told me he slept with his daughter. I can foresee she is going to give me a very tough life and trying to cause trouble between him and me, imagine there are another 2 to 3 years to go! Why is she so shameless and flicker minded, why cant she just leaves us alone!

What should I do? I don’t want to frustrate him with my nagging/interfering on this matter and like some of you suggest, let him solve the problem of separation by himself but I cannot be a sitting duck and let his ex take all the initiatives to patch back. I know some will say what yours will be yours but I also believe that we cannot leave it to chance and you need to put in effort to achieve your goal. I understand perfectly well that legally, I am just another woman to him and he has no responsibilities on me not like his ex and child. I know he is a responsible man but I am afraid his good point is also a weakness in our relationship unless we have something to bind us together like the little girl with his ex.

infojunkie

"Why is she so shameless and flicker minded, why cant she just leaves us alone!"

er, if i remember correctly, it was ur bf who walked out on her :p

anyway, i'm not taking sides...

i think u should play it cool...

cos 感情这ç§äº‹ï¼Œå¾—之我幸,ä¸å¾—我命.

nichie

Hello lynn

I hope you are not thinking of having a baby with him to bind you together with him, if yes, please don't even entertain such idea in your mind, a baby will not solve your problem, the baby is not a tool! You sure you want to be an unwed mom at 23? How would your parents feel? Please do not complicate the problem further by bringing in new member to this messy equation, at the end, everyone will worst-off especially the kids. You are still very young and I think the dynamics (eg bf's daughter, ex-wife) of the relationship is too much for you to handle. You should take a step back temporary from this relationship until he finalised his separation. I see no point for you to get involved at this stage where everything is still so fluid and why make yourself so miserable when you can have better options. At the end of the day, if both of you are fated, you will be together again.

sgbabydoll

Maybe you should not be dating a separated man since you can't deal with the expected and related stress.

I am also dating a separated man who has a daughter. It is not as stressful as it appears generally as long as you don't include yourself in their existing equation. Stop being so self-focused in the whole matter.

And you are only 23, why do you want your fate to be sealed so tightly with this man now?

infojunkie

lynn,

i hope u won't resort to hving a baby to create that "something" that u think could bind u n ur bf together.

a baby is a life...

not "something"

it's a HUMAN!

not a tool for selfish gain.

mum_of_2_girls

Hi Lynn,

Chinese New Year is coming. Are you going a long week-end vacation with your boyfriend?

Sing dollar so strong, perfect time to go Europe or U.S holiday shopping.

sgbabydoll

Lynn: "I understand perfectly well that legally, I am just another woman to him and he has no responsibilities on me not like his ex and child."

Doll: If this is your self-image - "just another woman to him" - how much do you really know and understand him? Are you beyond him or is he beyond you?

Lynn: "I know he is a responsible man but I am afraid his good point is also a weakness in our relationship unless we have something to bind us together like the little girl with his ex."

Doll: This statement of yours quite clearly shows that you think your bf is not so smart. If truly he isn't so smart, wouldn't it be better that you don't stay on in the relationship?

Has your relationship reached maturity or are you too quick to want it to mature and bear the kind of fruits that you want, by over fertilising or watering it?

Do you even enjoy the relationship?

dracano

Lynn,
As many above have said, let your bf settle the matter himself. If in the end, he decides to go back to his ex-wife (correct term?), count yourself lucky as at least he does so before you have any official relationship with him. Just imagine how worse it would be if he returns to his ex-wife AFTER you got married to him.

lynnlim71

Hi,

To be frank, at times when the going get tough, I felt like giving up, I will think about the uncertainty ahead and the possibility of him reconcile with his ex again, I am afraid that at the end of the day, I am left with nothing but a shattered heart and soul. Although he treats me very well and I also know that he love me but he also told me he is unable to give me any tangible assurance or commitment now. I understand he will be always the father of the kid but really hate the shilly-shally relationship he has with his ex. I said that his responsibleness is his strong point but also a weakness in our relationship because I am glad that he did not abandon his kid but I also know he still care for his ex well being and that will cause a lot of problems especially I know his ex is not going to let go easily. She has called me several times beside making degrading remarks, she also told me that she will not let me has a good time even they are divorced because he will be always the kid’s father and they will see each other often. I ever asked her why she agreed to the separation when she don’t want to let go, she told me it is him that want it. You see the problem now? As long as the kid is with her, my problem will never end and I know he is not willing to take the kid away from her because he still care for her well being.

Will he goes back to her? I really don’t know and never ask him because I doubt he will able to give me a firm answer at this point of time. They have a decade of relationship from courtship to husband and wife and their split is not because of any betrayal but due to his wife’s character and the drifting apart of their life’s view. So, to me, their relationship is not beyond reconciliation plus his empathetic nature and his love to the kid, anything is possible. People may said that having know all these, then I should not get myself involved in it, however, I am already deeply in love with him. Like I said, I have tried giving up but its too painful and miserable, the moment he called me, I forget everything and it really melts my heart. He is a good man but too bad he is embroiled in a separation. I know he appreciate what I have done but when come to the push, who will he choose: his kid and wife or me, I really don’t know, yes, sometime it seem I understood him but sometime I don’t know what its in his mind. A woman that he had a ten years relationship with a kid he loves, and me, a woman of 2 years, that really don’t give me a lot of confident.

So, how to shut him from going back to his ex and make him responsible for and take me into consideration in any decision? Its always easier to dump somebody like a gf and its difficult abandon your kid or wife knowing his nature if the ex try to plea or change for him and with the kid, it might works and the guilt on him for dumping me will be manageable unless I have something with him that make him think twice and cause him to feel the guilt for the rest of his life. If that ex want to mess up my life, I am not going to give her smooth ride too.

Yes, sometime I asked myself whether all these are worth it and what I have become but I just cant bring myself to leave him now. To be frank, I felt our relationship is either here nor there, its like hanging in the air due to the separation although I already know it before but I just began to hate this feeling more now. Do I enjoy the relationship? Yes and no, I enjoy the time we spend together but sometime felt frustrated thinking of the future and his ex, once, I felt so exhausted and tired that I started crying…the dilemma of giving up and yet not able or willing to….its really a mental torture.

infojunkie

"how to shut him from going back to his ex and make him responsible for and take me into consideration in any decision? Its always easier to dump somebody like a gf and its difficult abandon your kid or wife knowing his nature if the ex try to plea or change for him and with the kid, it might works and the guilt on him for dumping me will be manageable unless I have something with him that make him think twice and cause him to feel the guilt for the rest of his life"

what is the essence of love?

hmm...

i hope when u finally clear all obstacles and hv him all to urself, he will remain as appealing to u as he is now.

nichie

Hi, lynn

I feel sad reading your post because I felt that you are losing yourself by loving another person. I felt that loving a person should be an ingenuous and joyful experience fill with happiness, however, yours have been deteriorated into a constant fear of unknown, vengeance, animosity and may be even messing with a new innocent life, lynn, is that what you want? Have you realised what you have become? If they have the possibility and desire to reconcile, why would you want to prevent it? Would you be happy even he decided to stay with you against his will due to the ‘something’? lynn, please do not try it or you will be ruining the live of those involved especially the innocent, will you able to live with a clear conscious for the rest of your life? Let him go if he want to forgive his wife and get back to his family. Sorry, I cannot give you any good advice because I am not any older than you but I felt a certain level of maturity is required for the person in a position like you is needed in this case. Not everyone is suitable for such relationship and definitely not someone like you. You want to have a fast and clean cut but things don’t seem to be in this way in the near future. Like I said before, you should just step back no matter how painful and not concentrate your life on only this man, believe me, you find your true happiness and love.

ariel84

You don't sound mature enough to handle this relationship. Your bf seems to have become a toy that you are fighting with another kid for. If you truly love him, why would you think about setting him on a guilt trip.

Stop being so uptight. You're the one he chose to be with now, isn't it? You can't reverse or come between the family bonds he has with the ex or kid. If this really makes you miserable, then move on, because there is nothing you can do. They will always be a part of his life, so accept that or leave.

enxuan

Hi, everyone and Lynn. i know my cents worth r nt going to be what you people like. But , at least im jus sharing what i gone thru and let Lynn see my side my story...

Lynn, i am the same age as u.. This yr 24. My case is somehow quite similar except, mines a final decision done and jus live n accept the after effect.

My bf (J) then was also a married man with a daughter (EX). His wife (HL) has many affairs and always dont want divorce then as she has no family n no financial income. she needs to rely on (J). They r married in 2007. Till march 2009 then she moved out to lived with her affair man (NXK), whom they had sex since the day she is pregnant n married to (J). I know (J) ard June 2009 and pregnant with his (J) baby in May 2010, while she wife (HL) is pregnant with (NXK) baby in Feb 2010. Therefore, their divorce in evitable.

Seriously, i didnt plan for this baby though i have thoughta abt having a baby to secure my man. My man is not someone charming or rich or anything gd. In fact, he is the worse man i ever dated. nothing sweet, nothing nice... debts n poor n abusive n loud...

I choose to stay n be with him cos my heart ache without him n whenever i looked at him, i jus feel i need him to walk w me... in my time of pain n fall, he dunno how to care n love me. But i jus love him so.

In the end in late Sep 2010, we file for divorce and it was finalise in early Oct 2010. We did the express service abt $2700 in all. Cos both are pregnant n need to settle divorce early.

The terms of the divorce is
- joint custody for 3 yr old girl,
- no alimony for wife HL(for wad she can claim? Pregnant with another man's child, dun think she gt the guts to ask as well)
- Care n control under husband(J).

Seriously, when there's a child concern, they will have contact no matter what. Unless, someone can replace the role / responsibility.

In my case, be it my luck or whatever, my now hubby, lives with me. As i also being pregnant n start to detest his daughter , my naggy MIL, i told my hubby that i will never be happy living in his house. True enough, we quarrel over every trival issue when staying in his house. So, we moved to my house n stay with my parents.

His daughter stay with his mom. Being distance apart, im in Katong and His place in Bt Batok, he dont have much time to go home as well. Only able go home 3 to 5 times a mth to visit daughter. and each time, i purposely choose late night to go back with him so that we wont stay long there. Approx. 3 hrs a visit.

His ex wife(HL) remarried in Late oct shortly after final divorce paper done and we married in Min Nov 2010. His ex wife (HL) jus given birth and my edd is next mth.

His daughter and ex wife have visitation rights and she visit their girl ard once a week. Cos, when she moved out till divorce paper done, she never visit the daughter and the girl couldnt regconise her. The daughter (EX) calls me mummy and her aunty. Sheis very furious and try to make it up by visiting every week. My MIL will bring to her as i wan total no contact from her to my hubby. Cos this fuc*ing bitch bad mouth n degraded me very jialat in front of my MIL and make me very pissed off. And my stupid MIL, is stupid enough to tell me everything she said to make me angry. But, of cos i pretend i dont mind. And, my MIL is stupid enuff not to take side or defend me as she says she is scare she might harm the little girl.

Thats why my anger n hatred for the little girl and my MIL grew... i feel i cant fight for myself bcos of her safety.

Anyway, all is well for now. Except that, my thoughts is ... When my baby is born, This will be a complete family for my baby and hubby. Cos, my baby and hubby will be with each other everyday and their bond is going to be closer. I want my baby to replace his daughter in time to come. i know saying this is very selfsih, but, the woman ask for it. Bcos of her daughter, i have to face sleepless nights and cried and suffer depression. Initially, my pregnancy thruout, i cried and no aprretite till my baby is small n light weight. finally, i tell myself. Luckily, my baby is a boy.. Its my winning card in the presence of my in laws. As they are more old fashion. After baby born, i will let them interact with the baby n share their attention for my child. So, in time to come, the loss of the little girl will serve lesser or no impact for the family and my husband.

Seriously, i am thinking why (HL) wants to fight for her daughters attention with me? I dont even want it. I want them to be closer in fact. So, her daughter will choose her over time n leave this family.

Right at the moment, my hubby have been changing to be more attentive to my needs than before. He knows i dont like his daughter to call me mummy and close to to me. So, he respect me n my decision of not wanting to go closer to her.

All i can say is, for this relationship and marriage, look at what i have become?

Im very sad... All my close frens have told me that i was a once full of smile and laughter girl... change to be some so vicious and unhappy. I have lost who i am for the man i married to.

I jerked in my slp and become very cautious and tempermental and unhappy... i become very narrow minded.

Is this worth it?

Is it fair?

Till now, i dont have an ans, i know if i gt a choice i will choose not to know this man, my husband.

but now, i have already walked to this extend. Fighting for my rights and my stand, i have to be fast n catious in order to survive his ex wife cunning acts.

I wish i can let go...

Lynn, will u choose to walk what i walk or will u see my faults n turn away from it...

enxuan

and forget to add... u will be thinking, does he love u or her more? even if he say u, u will always be thinking... is it the truth...

mum_of_2_girls

Hi En Xuan,

You are so brave to weather all odds to be with your hubby. Really admire your courage and perseverance.

For me, I can't handle such difficult relationship. Therefore, right from the start at age 20, I only date men who are single and eligible with no horrible past or baggage and no issues with his parents.

From this froum, I seriously think girls should have higher expectations for their partners and not be compromising all the time.

Why should men do all the choosing? why not the girls? Girls should pick and choose their partners too.

wat_are_dreamz

Albee: Wow, i'm not sure if u are a princessy kind of woman or a v smart woman. It's really not easy to choose men who are single n so eligible w no past or baggage. Maybe u are lucky to have no past n baggage urself cos life has its circumstances and situations tat sometimes suck pple in.

En Xuan: U are going to be a mother n u have been a daughter for many yrs. I hope tat u can reflect on ur fren's honest words n try to find urself back to be hapi n at peace w urself. Try to accept n be kind to ur stepdaughter. She is just an innocent child. Since u made the decision to be w ur husband, then have a complete family w him n take the gal as ur own child as well. It requires a big n sincere heart. Look deep within u for the strength n the genuine kindness to love a child who is not ur own. =>

enxuan

Albee - I'm not brave or anything... I have tried letting go so many times cos it hurts too much... I was once molested in boat quay as his wife suddenly called n he jus left me there for a while to answer e call . In a r/s like this , things go wrong, I keep thinking if I am ever important to him. Seriously, I can understand the TS fear n worries. Cos I used to be like her. My now husband , then bf, also did want to go back to his wife after she pleaded with him then. And I wasn't preggy then and for the sake of his daughter, he told me we need to part. N he wants to give her another chance so that the daughter can at least have her mother by her side to facilitate her growing up. Then, the couple still living in (J) parents Hse while waiting to buy their own flat. The reason why his ex wife (HL) couldn't reunited was bcos(J) parents feels that's (HL) won't change N shdnt let her go back. While trying to pArt wif me, he told his then wife that he be bringing me to Bintan and will jus find a chance to tell me.

Nonetheless , when I heard wad he said then, it hurts so bad n I jus keep quiet w tears keep rolling down. Till now, e memory is so fresh n painful. :'(

Till now, his wife also bring up this issue to insult me n say to my MIL that whenever I'm unhappy I will go drinking n slp ard. Even I'm preggy , I also drink. I feel so angry when mu MIL confronted me. Luckily everytime thou I am upst n goes to Lunar, even preggy, I only ate their wings n satay n jus slight cocktail (vodka orange or lychee martini) n stay faithful to my husband. I only ask my close gfs to accompany me n my Hubby is always ard the corner looking out for me. I will always MSG him n inform him of where I go to build the trust. Cos of his l ex wife past, I want to give him confidence. But, so far I keep on being sensitive n sensible to him n protect him , I feel sad whenever I'm targeted by his ex wife n noone comes to my defence.

Evon Poon - I know it's unfair for e little girl n everytime I see her, I will try to tell myself let it go, let it go... But, it's really hard. She looks exactly like her mother n she behaves everyway like her... I'm scared that she will hurt me like her mum... So I steer clear away from her n she look so evil sometimes, pretend to sayang my stomach in front of my husband but when he nt ard, She will push n sit on my stomach thou I tell her not to. When I ignore her n do my own things, dun wan to play with her, she will cry loudly n say hand pain, leg pain when I did nothing!

My worries is , at such a young age, she is like her mum . Lying to people, heavy attention seeker (following u everywhere n throw things ard when u tell her no), stand in front of the mirror keep combing hair, wear sppagatti straps, wear short n mini skirts when we wear jeans for her she will change again, enjoy playing with her own private part n touch my husband's penis. And pulling up her skirts in public n putting man hands at her private part. I was shocked when I see it n tell my MIL whom carry her away n scold her. Cos I will not decipline her as I dun wan people to think I mistreat her.

At a young age like this she already so hiao (vain) n know how to fake smiles n stuff, She is very scary n so like her mum. That's why I choose to steer clear from her...

matka

Enxuan

What you've described in the 2nd last paragraph doesn't sound like a normal childhood. You do know that you're not doing anyone a favour by pushing a child away just because "she's like her mother". It's NOT HER problem, it's the people who's bringing her up that IS THE PROBLEM - and you are contributing to it.

I fear for her upbringing and personally - I might be jumping the gun here - I wonder if she is being abused by someone. No child would ever do something like that unless she was taught that it was normal.

salsa_babe

The kid is only 3 years old...she does not know much. Who bought her the tops, shorts and mini skirts? It's the adults!

Kids like to dress well too...not only adults. My niece and nephew at home will do stuffs that drive us to the walls...fight...sometimes accusing the other party for hitting him/her...trying to get our attention. But they are still kids...and hence need us to help them to differentiate what's right and wrong.

Just becoz you dun like the mum..so you think that the girl is exactly like her. Dun say you will not discipline her for fear that pple may think that you mistreat her.

Just admit that you dun care. And your little wish that 'the loss of the little girl will serve lesser or no impact for the family and my husband'. Geez...

infojunkie

"At a young age like this she already so hiao (vain) n know how to fake smiles n stuff, She is very scary n so like her mum. That's why I choose to steer clear from her..."

yes, so scary, at such a young age why so hiao?

cos her little mind is CORRUPTED!

by what?

the sexual predator(s) in the household?

the a**hole who exposed the poor kid to pornography?

or 'live' show every nite at 9?

u guys r a bunch of WASTERS!

u, ur man, his ex and the other guy!

nobody gives a shit abt how u wasters live ur shitty lives, but u ARE destroying 3 young lives!

i said it before and i'm going to say it again -

u r NOT FIT to be the mother to ur child.

put him/her up for Adoption!

mum_of_2_girls

Hi En Xuan,

Now that you are married, I wish you all the best and have a blissful marriage.

However, from your post I feel heartache for you because you have compromise yourself.

I mean which woman like to share her hubby with another woman (Ex-wife)? I know I will be pranoid and have crazy thoughts too if I am in your situation.

Therefore, you really have to be very mature to handle this. This is very difficult. Have you ever wonder what happen to the cute, innocent, happy girl you once were? You are only 24 yrs old, not some old aunty.

goldfishtee

Hi En Xuan,

Before you get married to your husband, you already knew that he has a daughter. If you want to have a happy marriage, you have to accept his daughter as your own. Bring her closer to you and your husband. This child is innocent. It is your responsible to nurture and educate his daughter as you're now his lawfully wife. It should not be his daughter anymore, but both of you.

You may think your soon-to-be born boy is your trump card, but actually in marriage there is no such thing as trump card. You will end up with many disappointment and heartache if you keep thinking this way. To make the marriage works, you and your husband need to work it out.

You're lucky that your boy is not born yet, quickly change your attitude and mindset towards his daughter. It's always better for your boy to be raised in harmonious family than in your current situation. Be a good mother for your boy and YOUR daughter.

Show your sincerity and true motherly love, it doesn't matter what his ex or people said about you, only time will tell.

You have chosen this path, it's not for me or anyone to tell whether you're taking a wrong path or not. Do your best in any decision you take, no point of regretting. Only you can change the situation.

sundownprince

Poor 3 yr old girl. She probably learnt the behavior from someone who successfully got her papa's attention. Cause been a 3 year old they need Love and attention. it will be a vicicous cycle...

sgbabydoll

Wow, En Xuan, you are in a very big shit hole and a bottomless one too. Seems like you are not aware of your own situation.

cuclainne

I have a three-year old and she doesn't behave in the manner that En Xuan has described - kids like to imitate adults, so I blame the environment that this child has been brought up in.

poor girl - it's like she's not cared by the mother or the father. just a pawn in the game that the adults are playing.

mum_of_2_girls

Hi En Xuan,

Just like to cheer you up and share with you that you are cherish and love by your hubby.

If you notice, lots of girls are still waiting for their married boyfriends to divorce their wives.

For some of them, the day may never come and as the years goes by, they just get older and older.

You are really lucky to be married. You are finally a Mrs not Miss. Congrats!

You are a Mrs. You've got the ring on your finger. Don't sweat over the smaller stuff. Be a happy wife, ok?

serene_yam

I'm very appalled with what Enxuan has written. While you like to comment on the habits of the young girl. think of yourself as well at the same time. She's a young girl, with no proper fatherly love and motherly love. I'm deeply perturbed that you don't even know how to love a child as well. The little girl is innocent. And you seem to be 'proud' of what you highlighted about the acts of this little girl.

I hope not all 24YO thinks like you and behaves like you.

Yes indeed, what have you become? Or perhaps you've been like this all along?....

Anyway, it's your own problem. EDD coming? Hmmmm.....what a heart you have....