Mt Faber Safra Club Pioneer Spring

gillian

Hi Vonz,

Thks for sharing!
I've got some pics from the web and it's fascinating! I've been there many times (just for bowling) but din't know they hv a restaurant there. Your BS package is very comprehensive. Heheee... but Yishun hehe.. very far leh...
Our AD will be in June 2007, and we still cannot decide the venue and BS.

jingsg38

Hi Gillian,

I had hold my wedding dinner@ Pioneer Spring (PS); have emailed my dinner setting to you too.

We are good compliments on the foods, service & decor of PS

Hope it will help you.

Enjoy ur wedding planning.
happy.gif

gillian

Thanks Shizuka!
I've saw ur mail. It's even more convincing now. Did you hold ur wedding in the grand ballroom or banquet ballroom?

von_teh_su_su

hazelle (hazelle)

Hi Hi can i have a look at the wedding set up...

my email: [email protected]

By the way,
food tasting is usually one month before the dinner...and you may want to tie up the details and choose the favours with the coordinator when you are down for food tasting or another separate appointment to go down.....

inform the coordinator your FINAL attendance usually 3 - 4 days before your dinner, so that they have ample time to prepare for the food....

must also get ready, ur march in songs...montage...etc......

hehe, hope that you guys find the information useful...hehe......

raycan

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if any of you are going to have the banquet dinner at the SAFRA Ballroom instead of the Pioneer Spring Restaurant itself? I'm having mine in the ballroom in Nov and from what I see, the decor and layout in the ballroom is very disappointing, a far cry from the restaurant.
sad.gif

von_teh_su_su

Hi Raycan.....

I once considered the ballroom before booking the restaurant..personlly like the restaurant more because of the glass panel and the interior design..... haha, because of that, me change the date of wedding dinner just to take the restaurant.......so far, i am very very pleased with the deco....

Is yours a popular date for wedding..? perhaps want to consider changing to restaurant..?

Hi...just thinking..if i have 35 tables in the restaurant..will the restaurant be opened to public for walk-in...? or they will open up other room for their walk in customer..?

raycan

Hi Vonz,

I like the restaurant too...but it has been taken on that day. When we went down last Sunday, there happens to be 2 weddings too, one in the ballroom (30 tables)and one at the restaurant (abt 35 tables). For walk in customers, they have them seated at the alfresco area and they set up tables at the pathway to the toilet all the way to the back entrance of the ballroom! So basically, while your guests are having the the cocktail at the recept area, the customers will be sitting near there looking at the crowd. And when the ballroom door open for us to march in, they will see customers eating at the background. This is something which we couldnt really accept lor
kao_frustrated.gif
and the coordinator didn't mention this to us when we book the place
sad.gif

von_teh_su_su

raycan (raycan),

oh i see, that is quite funny rite?....anyway to consider of changing your wedding date..? if both parents allow, maybe u can consider the change the day since it is quite some time to your wedding in November 2006...

btw who is ur coordinator, u would want to feedback to him...?

penguin08

raycan, mine is also in the ballroom. It looks like a seminar room, so you better ask the banquet manager to decorate it with more flowers! Mine is just this saturday...Oh My God!!
happy.gif

BTW, was your banquet co-ordinator sue? I am wondering who is this kenny u guys talking about. I deal with sue all along and she is kinda pissing me off. She is not pro-active. I have to chase her for everything! I have 6 days left and she haven even finalise things with me. When i ask her for things, she takes ages to respond!!! And most of the time, she try and charge us extra for extra things! Wad the?!

starlight_17

Hi Blur Sotong,

I'm surprise that you actually deal with Sue. From what I understand, she is the Corp Secretary, not the Banquet Sales. Kenny is the one.
All I can say is i have a very very bad experience with them. I've cancelled my booking with them.

I hope your wedding had turned out fine
happy.gif

teng2

Hi hi,

Hadn't been up here for a long time...

On the contrary, I had a wonderful wedding with the restaurant....My wedding dinner was on 18th December 2005 (last year).. the archives should have the posts I wrote after the wedding.

Kenny and his team was fantastic despite having to cope with my 61 tables (I had 60+2reserved). Even the boss went all out to help eg : when we realised we forgot to bring safety pins for the corsages... he sent his staff to go buy them). During the whole dinner, as a boss, he even went around, trying ensure our guests are satisfied with the food.

Overall, I received thumbs up for the food and deco (happened to be the christmas period so there were hanging stars on the ceiling so it made everything even more beautiful.

The whole liaising and negotiation with Kenny was really smooth.. and he was quite accomodating and followed up promptly despite his humourous nature.
The only minus point was my invitation cards which I had to liaise with Sue.. my husband was also angry with her cos her attitude was bad, no allowance given and yes, agreed, she took a long time to respond..

In the end, went back to Kenny... and poured our anger... he managed to put everything right again..

Blur : I agree with Starlight... perhaps as a corp secretary, she isn't so good at pleasing customers... try asking for Kenny or Vincent instead? I also don't like her.... but trust me, Kenny is fantastic!! Even till now, my husband and I do drop by for dinner with our families once in a while too..... he knows me (Ting Ting) very well... can talk to him again to solve your displeasures k! This will allow you to enjoy your wedding thoroughly instead of thinking whether you have made the right choice!

Got to say, venue/food-wise, you have made the correct choice! So why not request for a new coordinator to make things even better?

My two cents worth...

Blur, update us yah!

von_teh_su_su

Hi Blur, remember to update us ur wedding dinner...guess u must be so busy preparing for ur big day....

all the best to you wo... :p

Mine coordinator is also Kenny..yah agreed he is a very very nice guy..very experienced in wat he does..very accommodating too...so hopefully my wedding next jan will be turning out a smooth one...
Sue..? never heard of...

jingsg38

Hi Sky

Sorry to repond ur question so late.

We have rehearse d march- in together with the songs/music... for WG & EG march in.

Cheers!

jingsg38

Hi Sky,

We had our rehearsal at 6.30pm where we were ready in wedding gown & suit. Then it will be easier to calculate the correct timing.

happy.gif

munmun

Hi,

Can I check, how long does it takes to get the inserts printed? Wedding on 26 Nov, planning to send cards by mid Oct..the last time I check with Kenny, he told me take abt 10 days...I havn't pass him the details

ecym

Hi

Is there an email/DID to reach Kenny? I tried calling 62703622 for two days always no answer...

many thanks

munmun

Hi,

I'm holding my wedding at the ballroom. Does anyone has any photos to share as in how the deco will be for the ballroom?
Thanks

ecym

thanks teng,

I managed to contact Kenny already. I wonder if you can help me with the following questions :-

1. does the restn arrange chartered bus from any mrt station, because the place is quite inaccessible leh.

2. any photos to show your banquet setup? if you dun mind, please email your pic at [email protected]

von_teh_su_su

ecym (ecym)

hi hi...dun think the rest will chartered any bus from the nearest MRT to the club.....i think it is only on self-arranged...hehe......

counting down ~ 3 more months to my big day!!!! w

me took the rest...wat abt ur ladies..?

munmun

Hi ecym,

For my case, my package allows me to arrange for a chartered bus from Redhill MRT (1 trip only)..still thinking if this is required cos most of our friends should be driving...mine is on a Sunday so will get them to park at nearby multi storey carpark cos no parking fee that day......any 1 mth to my wedding
happy.gif

kkk6664343

Hi I sign up for Pioneer sring also. Need to get some feedback from u guys whoo have done it there. Pls share ur comments with me and what to look out for. Thanks

sky25

Hi skylark,

When is yr wedding? I held mine tis Oct. Overall exp is gd, gd comments on d food, portion ok. Service wise din hear anything bad.

von_teh_su_su

halo.....

Mine coming in 2 months time..in Jnauary
2006...hehe......looking forward for it..!
Btw, how is the deco like...? me thought of going down again to see the set up....

Hi Sky, congrats..and glad to hear that everything went smoothly for u...
happy.gif

porkylim

hi hi... was wondering if anyone can send me photos and package details of PS? was thinking of having it there too...

perseus

Hello Lynne,

I have my wedding at Pioneer Spring. Of course all these things on food, services etc have good and bad. They may be so good but also have some screw up on the actual day one. So, you have to consider yourself whether you are ok with the price, ambience, food and conveniency.

Overall, all the comments from my guests said that it is good, but also got minority that pick up something bad. And I myself also feel that there are pros and cons.

elcy_05

I just popped by today at Pioneer Spring to view the room and talk about the package. I must comment that I was very impressed with Kenny Woo, the Banquet Sales Mgr. He prepared a few of their signature dishes for us to try out even before we commit to anything! I must say I was impressed with their food quality and there's no doubt that the menu items are special and not the standard ones you get from hotels and so on. I cannot comment on actual day yet since I have not booked but pre-confirmatino service impressed me so far. I guess actual day should not differ too far bah...

0cool

me too.. was there and was pleased with the service given.. pleasant trip...

Hi Eunice, when will br yr AD?

have tot of signing up with them... can someone please share with me what package you have?
Thanks...