Merchant Court Swissotel

skyea

Hi MoMoCharz,
Glad to hear of your pleasant experience.
happy.gif
Congratz! Btw, do you have any photos of the new ballroom setting to share? Hehe.

benbenfish

Hi everyone,

I'm new here... would like to check something wif u. Is there any diff between Merchant Court Swissotel and Swissôtel The Stamford, Singapore
? I'm very confuse abt this two name. Are they offering same wedding package?

skyea

Hi Fish,
They are two different hotels, but under the same management. Swissotel Merchant Court is next to Clark Quay MRT Station wile Swissotel the Stamford is next to City Hall MRT Station, connected to Raffles City.

benbenfish

Hi Ade,

Thanks for the info, do u mind to provide me the contact (email) for both of the two diff hotels? coz until now i'm still very 'blur' abt these two hotels. currently i have already get the package from Merchant Court Swissotel. But i dono who to email if i wana package from Swissôtel The Stamford, Singapore.
Btw, how u all find these two hotels? u all perfer Merchant Court Swissotel or Swissôtel The Stamford, Singapore (package and ballrooms)?

skyea

Hi Fish,
I cannot rememeber the direct email address to the catering department but you can try [email protected] (Swissotel Merchant Court) and [email protected] (Swissotel the Stamford).

I've not seen the packages for Swissotel the Stamford, so can't comment on that. As for ballrooms, there is just one grand ballroom for Swissotel Merchant Court, whereas there are a few different ballrooms for Swissotel the Stamford. We prefer Swissotel Merchant Court because the ballroom would be for our exclusive use on our wedding day i.e. we will be the only wedding couple in the hotel for that night.

tortoisezzz

Hi

I have just received the package from merchant court, compared to other hotels, it did not give complimentary wine, has anyone here who had signed up the package request for it as one of the wishes???
happy.gif

malchan

Hi tortoisezzz

We're not given complimentary wine too. We chose MC coz they have waiver of corkage for all duty paid liquor as compared to other hotels that we've seen.

tortoisezzz

Mal

Oh okie okie, that is quite true too, din think of that, cos mostly all hotel provides complimentary wine but not waiver of corkage...thanks thanks

lilaclilac

Hi Yane,

Just went to my frd's wedding, had Yam Paste as dessert.. It really depends on your luck i feel. Our table yam paste isnt tht fanastic and we were quite disappointed with it as the paste isnt as smooth as we expect it to be.. rather disappointed. So for my wedding at MC, i change my desserts during food tasting and keep to it. hopefully my wedding will turn out okie..

allo

Hi Lilaclilac, thanks for ur feedback. Do u mean u tasted MC's Yam Paste at your fren's wedding and its disappointing?

And for your own wedding at MC, u still will go for Yam Paste?

raragal

Hi all...
Anyone has MC package to share?
Considering to book them for my AD..

When are u gals having your AD??
happy.gif

And how many tables u booking?

I'll probably need 50 and it's quite insufficient actually.. :/

skyea

Dear all, wishing you a merry xmas and a happy new year!
happy.gif

Hi rach,
MC's ballroom can only fit a maximum of 50 tables. If that's insufficient, you probably have to consider other hotels instead.

raragal

Hi Ade, yeah... no choice... have booked other place le.. sigh...
sad.gif

Really love MC... been wanting to hold my AD there...
sad.gif

raragal

Ade> No la.. coz its a nice place to hold banquets.. nice ballroom and nice food.. nice hotel and nice surrounding loh.. Haha.. since my fren held it there few years back, I was telling myself I would want to hold mine there.. but pity max only 50 tables, coz I need about 70++ now.. so.. yah...
I booked OCC..
happy.gif

honeybeemel

i am taking MC for my banquet next yr Nov. They have prepared the contract for me and will have to confirm it by Jan. Mine will be on a weekday. They offer 2x30L barrels of beer and 12 bottles of wine. will be changing the glutinous rice to Ee fu noodles as rice seem to be too heavy. will be changing to yam paste as well as its my fav.
had a chance to peep into a lunch GARDEN theme wedding last week. but i prefer the romance theme with red roses. they also offer ang pao box and wedding favours and guest book for next yr pkg. i guess their pkg is at v gd price which is y they are very firm and had no chance to neg.
they did mention the renov of bridal suite but by then mine will nt be affected.
happy.gif

jasminetan

Hi sapphire, any idea when they will start renovating the bridal suite? coz i will be holding my banquet next yr dec.. hope mine will not be affected too...

honeybeemel

Hi Jasmine..i think they have already started...mine will be next yr Nov and see says wont be affected. so i tink urs wont be too. who is ur wedding coordinator at MC?

skyea

Hi rach,
OCC is also very nice! The ballroom is very grand and it has a long march-in.
happy.gif
Btw, just realised that you're also in the Jun 08 thread! Hehe. Which date is your wedding on?

Hi sapphire,
Welcome to the MC family!
happy.gif

blissyally

Hi dear all,

I have just registered on this forum and this post =)

I will be a SMC bride next Nov too! Really looking forward to it. I like the ballroom, it has a very grand feel. I am thinking of a theme wedding, probably Grand Shanghai Night which I think the ballroom decor is quite suitable..But all these are still v tentative =pp

My WC is Rayston too. My hubby and I find him v patient and offers good service. The 1st time we met him, he brought us to the Bridal Suite (on his own initiative) and we got to see their poolside where we will be exchanging our vows
happy.gif
Everything that I wanted I found it at SMC!!

raragal

Ade> Hihi.. I was supposed to be a Jun Bride.. but changed le.. to Sept.. hehe.. so I'm not really that active in June thread le...
happy.gif

Yah... I love Merchant Court..

Sigh...

Wanted to do Solemnization there.. but only max 40 capacity... again... too small.. i have abt 80 guests.. hahha...
happy.gif

honeybeemel

Hi Ally,

You mean we can change the theme? Do you have to pay extra charges? Cuz from what i know they only have romance or garden theme for next year.
Mine is Priscilia but she seems not very pro. She needs to be prompted if not she's very quiet...

blissyally

Hi sapphire,

I have chosen Romance theme..I'm thinking of doing a theme wedding "Shanghai night" for my wedding banquet..=pp

I have not met Pris yet, so you have to be very proactive keke..=pp rayston is ok..=p

allo

Hi ladies! I just had my food tasting session and it's held in 1 of their spacious Meeting Rm. There were 1 signage just outside the lift, information broadcasted at the LED Screen at main entrance, and 1 more just outside Meeting Room. We were welcome with dim romantic ambience and soft music. The table and chairs were the actual VIP table setup without the flowers.

We were pleased with the overall taste and presentation of the 9-courses dishes. We have changed 1 ingredient and 1 dish in the end, not because its awful, but it's due to other reasons. Our family members enjoyed the feast very much and all agree the food were really nice and special.

Some changes are:
Steam chicken with herbs to Roast Chicken, Deserts to Yam Paste, Glutinous rice to Ee Fu Noodle. Ingredient Shitake Mushroom to normal dry mushroom.

We had chance to peep into the pre-actual wedding litted set up. It look really decent. We are looking forward to walk down the straight aisle.

Hope the food standard on the actual day don't drop too much! :-D

jasminetan

Sapphire
what u have for ur wedding favour? is it candles/soap? Dunno will they change it to other stuff like chocolate/bear etc.. hehe

jasminetan

Yane
Can check with you how many sisters u hav for ur AD and what are the roles u assigned them?

By the way, what dessert u had for your food tasting initially? IS yam paste nice?

skyea

Hi Ally,
Welcome!

Hi rach,
Icic.
happy.gif

Hi Yane,
Your food tasting session seems so professional! Just to check, when is your wedding, and who is your coordinator?

allo

Hi Jasmine, I have not decide who to invite to be my Sisters yet. But my experience as ppl's Sisters is normally 4. The figure is not fixed, as sometimes family members also help out at the reception table and such. I think to start off, if you have 3-4, its a very safe figure already. For morning Jiemei who will be at your hse to sabo groom, it probably as little to 2-3 to as many as more dan 7? They will help to carry your stuffs, help u with your long train etc. Evening time will be liasing with hotel, guest receiving, gown changing etc..

Mine is Jade menu, desert was Double Boiled Snow Fungus with Red Dates and Lotus Seeds. Yam Paste supposingly is an "upgrade", but as I "downgrade" a dish hence no need to top up $$. The yam paste seem to be coconut-free kind. Not very wet kind, which i think its not commonly seen. But taste is rich and well-received by my 2 mothers who love yam paste very much.

Hi Ade, yes my food tasting is a pleasant 1. Rayston is my coordinator and wedding is in early March.

blissyally

Hi Jasmine,

Their wedding favours for next year is a heart-shaped red coloured soap, or otherwise a Bride and Bridegroom notepad, which I find v ordinary..So most likely I am getting the soap..I like their wedding invitation cards though! I find them classy and elegant =)

honeybeemel

HI Jasmine, i cant rem the wedding favours but i can check again on sat when i head down to sign the contract. how come nobody met Priscilia? hmm.. good to hear good review on the yam paste.

Hi gals,

Havnt been logging in forum.
MC change their wedding favors? I thought they will come up with something nicer than the soap..Notepad sounds weird..

cosyouaremygal

Dear ladies,

I have a Swissotel Merchant Court Wedding Banquet for transfer. Wedding date is 10/01/09. Deposit $3000. Minimum 35 tables. Many perks!!

Complimentary 24 bottles of red wine.

Complimentary usage of 1 LCD projector.

Complimentary 1 bottle of red for wine for food tasting session.

Complimentary usage of poolside for solemnization on wedding day itself.

A sumptuous 9 course dinner.

Free flow of mixers & soft drink for your reception and dinner.

Complimentary 2 x 30 litre barrel of beer.

Waiver of corkage for hard liquor and wine.
(Duty free hard liquors are not allowed to be served in the hotel.)

Exclusive wedding giveaways for all invited guest.

Complimentary 1 kg wedding to take away.

Champagne pyramid with a complimentary bottle of champagne for toasting ceremony.

Complimentary seat covers for all dining chairs.

Choice of "Romance" or "Garden" Wedding Theme.

Exquisite floral decoaration for all dining tables.

5 elegantly choices designed hotel wedding invitation cards for up to 70% of your guaranteed guests. (Excluding printing)

Complimentary car park passes for 20% of your guaranteed guests.

Complimentary food tasting for 10 person for up to 6 course.

Complimentary ang bao box will be provided.

Complimentary light snacks for newly weds in the bridal suite.

Exclusive limited-edition guest signature book.

One night stay in elegant bridal suite with complimentary breakfast or lunch.

One night stay in Deluxe room for your wedding co-ordinators.

Please email to [email protected] or text me @ 98463843 for further discussion if you are interested.

Thanks. :)

cosyouaremygal

Hi Sapphire,

This package is from their bridal show last year 2007. That's why it's a good deal.

Too bad, due to some work commitment, I have to let it go, pretty urgently.
sad.gif
Hope some kind ladies would help me spread the words please. Thanks.

huhu

hi Fish,
I am also meeting Priscillia this coming sat and I also find her very friendly.
When is your AD?

blissyally

notepad seems abit "cheap".....just a cut out shape of bride and bridegroom but I wouldnt give that to my guests...yes hopefully they have new wedding favours though i doubt so..but their invitation cards are lovely and elegant =)

Have u gals settled on your Bridal gowns?

skyea

Hi Fish and hui,
Do update us on how the meeting with Priscilia goes this Satuday yeah?
happy.gif
I will probably be meeting up with her only in February/March to settle on the invitation cards and stuff.

Hi Ally,
Do they have new invitation cards now?