Merchant Court Swissotel

skyea

Hi ed_jo,
I thought it's the ballroom. Haha. But bridal suite also not bad eh; can bring laptop over then.

I think cornerstone is available at Bottles & Bottles. If not, can try Carrefour also; they have a really huge range of wines.

Hi MoMoCharz,
My coordinator used to be Cathy too, and now taken over by Diana. How you find Diana? We've not met up with her yet, though she sounds rather friendly on the phone.

momocharz

Morning Ade! =)

Yah, was a bit sian when informed our coordinator resigning, when we signed up last year, she's still new and based on her last stay at her previous hotel, we tot she won't be leaving so soon...
Haven't meet up with Diana, hubby was the one who coordinate with her.. :p But he said she sounded ok on the phone and was helpful. Will be meeting her first time over the weekends, let you know again.

skyea

Hi MoMoCharz,
I was also very sian when i got to know that Cathy was leaving. But no choice also la. Enjoy your food tasting this weekend.
happy.gif

momocharz

Morning!

Perlynn> Ask you ah, what menu did you choose? Was the fish nice?

Ade> Diana is nice and helpful, dun worry. Yesterday first time seeing the new curtains and wallpaper.. haha..

skyea

Hi MoMoCharz,
That's good to hear. Does the ballroom look better with the new curtains and wallpaper? Hehe.

Hi ed_jo,
My JP is a really nice and friendly guy. If you're interested, PM me and i'll give you his contact.

u_gly

I have a $500 voucher for Fresh Harvest PTE LTD.
Won it at MC wedding show. HeHe....
It a company doing Animation Montage.
The voucher is valid for Delicate Blossom or The Grand Paradise package only.
Any one interested pls PM me.
Willing to let go at a low price.
Thanks

sanz

yeah...would like to know how the wedding show went too...

Planned to go initially but my HTB had to go overseas for work last minute ...
sad.gif

anybody has pics from the wedding show to share?

ed_jo

hmm.. hows everyone prep going on le?

i did went for the show.. it was quite alright, abt 3/4 filled, like their 1 to 1 service thou..

no i dun have any pics to share.. pai seh..

briefly describe ya.. the show started with 'feel' ur chair underneath for any card to redeem a gift from the mc.. then 5 course lunch with fengshui master sharing some of the dos, make-up demo by mico then the le belle bridal show.. lastly the lucky draw lor..

yea.. i got lucky to drawn the prize sponsored by le belle.. n tis is how i sign up with them.. they are the first bridal shop we talk to, tried to do some research but no topic is on them wor..

anyone can share? er.. or points to note? hee..

@)---

skyea

Hi all!
happy.gif

For wedding preps, we have more or less settled those major items except for selection of gowns and going for PS.

The wedding show sounds quite interesting! And you're really lucky to have won a prize! L* Belle is quite new i think. But i've seen their gowns in magazines; they look nice.
happy.gif

skyea

Hi Sheila,
Maybe you could get the hotel to send you a copy of the wedding package... because they would have the latest one.

ed_jo

True.. Once the major items are confirmed, k take a break till abt 6mths before then start the PS n gowns selection.. Now i am preparing for my ROM in Feb..
I see.. yap, saw the gowns at the show tot quite nice..

For those interested to know wedding packages.. just drop the ur shotlisted hotel planners a mail to understand more, dun worry, no obligations.. Cos each couple might have slightly different requirements so it could be quite customised ;) good luck..

skyea

Ya lor, now can rest a bit until late nov-dec, then i will go for my gowns selection. Enjoy your ROM preps. I kinda miss mine though it could be rather frustrating at times. Hehe. So when will your AD be?

malchan

hi gals...

Anyone has comments on the renovated ballroom?

Hi Ed_jo- enjoy ya ROM prep.. I'm also preparing for mine in Jan
happy.gif

ed_jo

Ade- Me will be going to pick my rom dress in dec too hee.. 'soon-bian' see got nice collection.. my AD is 20th Dec 08..

Mal- the renovated is changing to a champagne-gold wallpaper from dark colour.. have not seen previous wallpaper so cannot comment much.. hows prep going on? chosen ur location, jp?

perlynn

Hi MoMocharz,

I choose the Jade menu. As for the fish ok fresh something different from wat i usually had in wedding dinner juz tat when they first present the fish, it was abit messy (those garnish)overall still ok : ) How bout u? & also the ballroom look so much nicer after the minor reno : )

cosyouaremygal

Hello all, I am new here and I've just become a MC bride.
happy.gif

A few things to clarify leh...
When are they going to renovate the ballroom?
May I know what is the DVD player for?
Can anyone share how's the sound system?

I actually thought of handmade some colored sash to add on to each guest seats. Do you all think I am crazy?

allo

I am arranging appt to meet Rayston to view MC's ballroom. I think the ballroom did not go thru major renovation, it's just to the carpet and wallpapers. From the website, i see that their ceiling is 6m? Thats very nice for ballroom! The rates for weddings after April 2008 is at $918nett onwards. Is that reasonable for Swissotel?

malchan

hi ed_jo
Thanks for sharing on the renovated ballroom.
Everything so far so good for ROM. Just collected our wedding band y'day. We'll be having our ROM in a fren's wine bistro.

allo

Im an official MC bride-to-be! Coordinator Rayston is not as cocky as it sounds here. He is indeed not generous with perks but his attitude is alright. He did his part in explaining the package and themes etc to us patiently.

The suite is very spacious! The ballroom is squarish-rectangularish, high ceiling and pillarless. *thumbs up

allo

i think hotel line is having merry-go-round at this peak market... Diana is indeed a nice lady... though she is leaving but MC is a nice wedding venue, it should not affect their service and business much.

cosyouaremygal

I manage to fight for my perks with Rayston. I didn't know he has a cocky reputation. But he seemed sincere enough after all. Our weddings should be in safe hand with MC I guess.

skyea

Hi MoMoCharz, alamak! That's really fast le. I wonder how many times we're going to change coordinators. Sigh. Btw, how did you know about it?

hepcat

I only got to know that Diana is leaving when I email to ask her about the Muslim menu last week. Somemore that's her last day when I email her. So heng....haiz....

My wedding is in Mar next yr. Gals, when will the co-ordinator contact us about food tasting, invitation cards etc?

allo

Food tasting is always between 2 to 3 months from actual day. my wedding at MC is on a weekend of March 2008. food tasting is scheduled on Dec 2007.

sharemoments

Hi Yane,
Have you scheduled your food tasting already or still pending? Mine is also on March & coordinator is Diana. Hence, invitation & food tasting are not yet schedule. Do we need to call them if we to confirm?

allo

Hi Sharemoments,
Rayston is my coordinator. He told me my food tasting will be in Dec cos Feb got long holidays so hav to do it earlier. He has not book for me yet, said will contact me nearer to date. I think for your case, i will recommend you to call ur coordinator in end Nov/early dec timeframe.

skyea

Hi ladies, has your new coordinator (taking over from Diana's portfolio) contacted you? We just received an email from Priscilia informing us that she's our new coordinator. Anybody has worked with her before? I think she's an existing staff at MC.

momocharz

Hello Ade,

Having big headache! dun ask me why.. but we dun have enuff cards though new coordinator is nice enuff to supply us somemore already. =(

Other than working and surfing the forum, i'm planning my seating arrangement as well.. hehe.. another headache..

skyea

Hi MoMoCharz,
No wonder you're asking around if anybody here has spare cards. Maybe you can ask the new coordinator again for additional cards? Hope you'd be able to settle this soon. Oh yah, seating arrangement can be a real headache. I think when my turn comes, i will be very stressed up also. Anyway, do take care and rest well ok?
happy.gif

Hi phaffia,
The VIP tables would also be counted into the total no. of tables you're planning to book.

mesmerizes

Hi all,

I'm having my banquet in Dec and hv went for food tasting. I was also informed that Priscilia is my new coordinator. Dunno have to change how many times. My coordinator has been changed from Swee Lim -> Cathy -> Diana -> Priscilia.

allo

Long time ago, there is only one wedding planner whom also multi-task to support corporate events. Now, they have two wedding planners and they solely do Wedding events only. Believe things will get better bah?

Mesmerizes: Did you change any of the dishes and whicg menu u going for? Im taking the Jade menu... Food tasting will be in Dec but im thinking of changing the desert and glutinous rice. How do u find the dishes?

phaffia

Hi Ade,

sorry i didn't phrase my question correctly.

What I wanted to ask was: Whether MC will set up 2 VIP tables for each banquet event.

Thanks for your help!
happy.gif

momocharz

Ade> Yah, taken much more, but still not enuff!

Hi phaffia,

The layout given to me has 2 VIP tables, but i told my coordinator to change it to 1 VIP and give me edited copy.