Merchant Court Swissotel

skyea

Hi kat and Xiaoying,
Looking forward you two being a part of the MC club!
happy.gif

Hi qianqian,
Wa, didn't know that they would increase the price so soon.

Hi Jojo,
Like what Jen mentioned, they might be negotiable if it's for lunch and/or on a weekday. But it's better for you to check with them.

xiaoying

sharemoments: I haven finalised the contract yet...wanted to get 1N coordinator but couldn't....My AD is on a sat...Hmm..think they haven't start renovation yet when I last went down 2 weeks ago...

Jojo: Think 8 tables difference is a bit tough...maybe 2 still negotiable

Ade: Thanks! Hope we'll all be happy MC Brides..
happy.gif

zhuoen

hi jojo...

i m holding mine on a weekday, and the min is 30... i tried to nego for min 28 tables, but failed... wat the coord advised is to take the higher package if i want it at just 28tables, but not so worth it... since i m paying for higher package for 28tables, i rather pay a slight different for 30tables for the lower package...
hope this helps!

pekkle

Hi zhuoen, wah really so strict ah... Izit yr barganing power not good enuff, 2 tables they also dun wana compromise. Hehe.. Anyway who is the co-ordinator you spoke too, izzit rayston?? I've had bad experience with him, so abrupt and rude. I've got 'lobang' cos a close fren of mine used to work there. But very turned off by rayston's service, so im still contemplating. I decided to hold during nxt yr 7th lunar mth, off-peak so mayb I got chance for negotiation. I soooo optimistic rite.. Btw, anyone else got anybody to recommend in MC besides rayston?

xiaoying

Hi all...I've just signed the contract.....

Jojo & tiffany: My coordinator is Diana......hmm not very warm kind, but polite & straight to the point...She's quite prompt in her responses though...Overall, not bad...

bopeep

Hi girls, going to meet Rayston next Thursday to sign the contract. I find him on the whole pretty ok. Also, reno for ballroom is done. They only changed the wallpaper colour to a yellow one which makes the room look bigger as compared to original blue-ish colour.

My package is the $918, but will be receiving the following perks due to bridal show and weekend promotion:
1. $10nett off per table (for 1st 50 couples who sign up during bridal show, but Rayston "chup" for us already)
2. Complimentary 24 bottles
3. Complimentary usage of LCD projector
4. Complimentary 1 bottle of red wine during food tasting
5. Complimentary usage of poolside for solemnisation on wedding day itself

Also the standard package has been revised to include:
1. 1 kg wedding cake (i think is bigger than the previous one)
2. Ang bao box
3. One night stay in deluxe room for wedding coordinators (but we managed to negotiate for 2nd night stay for wedding couple)
4. Abalone dish

Updating the list:
meguriai: 16 Sep 07
tiffany1612: 16 Dec 07

Crispy : 17 May 08
Ade: 07 Jun 08
Sanz: 14 Jun 08
malchan: 11 Oct 08
ah_hui: 14 Nov 08
kat: 02 Nov 08
zhuoen: 08 Dec 08
Evisu: 28 Dec 08

skyea

Hi Kat,
It's good that they've changed the wallpaper of the ballroom. If not, the old wallpaper makes the whole place quite dull-looking. Btw, this new package seems so much better than the previous one. Welcome to the MC family!
happy.gif

hepcat

Updating the list:

Hepcat : 18 Mar 08

moomooland

hi kat,
how many tables are you having?

so are you having a extra room for coordinators as well as a 2nd nite for bridal suite?

i asked diana if we could view the bridal suite, she said it will depend on the availability on that day of appointment.

just curious, do you girls request to view the suites?

xiaoying

Hi moomooland.....Diana said the same to me too, we did went to see the suite on our 2nd appointment with her.....

Hepcat : 18 Mar 08
Xiaoying: 22 Nov 08

moomooland

so how was the suite? wonder whats the difference between the executive suite and the bridal suite?

i will be opting for the weekday package, so there's only the executive suite, those opting for weekends gets a free upgrade to bridal suite? comments are welcome...

skyea

Hi moomooland,
I've not seen the executive suite, but according to my previous coordinator - when you go into the suite, there will be a passageway which leads to two doors - one to the main room, and the other to a smaller room (with bathroom). The good thing about this is - your family and friends can rest in the other room, and you and your hubby in the main room.

As for the bridal suite, i've viewed it once. It does not have the passageway which the executive suite has. It's very big and spacious. The seating area itself is big enough to hold a tea ceremony there. Hope this helps.
happy.gif

bopeep

Ladies, sorry to say but I can't send the 2008 package as I have it in hard copy. Those who are interested can email [email protected] for a copy of the pricing.

i'll be confirming the min no. of 35 tables.

not having room for coordinators, they can use the bridal suite if they want to change and make up, as there is an extra bathroom just when you enter the suite itself. and yes, the living area is so spacious and big enough to hold a tea ceremony. it's almost like a hdb living room! according to rayston, the bridal suite is the 2nd after the highest suite - Chairman Suite.

i didn't make any prior arrangement to view the suite, just so happened when we went to meet rayston for the first time, we asked if we could view, he went to check, it was empty and voila!

bopeep

by the way girls, i'll be going to the bridal show on 22 sep.

any of you going, pls report here, and we can keep a look out for each other ;)

bopeep

moomooland, most likely they'll be able to extend the bridal show perks to you, coz after all their objective is to get business as well!

however, the $10nett off per table is only limited to the first 50 couples who sign up during (i believe, they have extended this to many couples to sign before the show so as to entice them!) the bridal show.

xiaoying

hmmm think the bridal suite is quite nice, spacious living area, cosy bedroom, big bathroom ....but i didnt know of another suite....
We asked to make appt to view bridal suite previously but they says cannot, depends on availability when we go down...

Hey Kat...I'll be going to the show too...thought its a good chance to view the different themes ...
happy.gif

zhuoen

jojo... hahaha... we are ok with rayston... prob huby can be the same pattern as him... hahaha... just kidding... but i tot he is ok.... i kept pestering him when i was abt to sign up but he was very very patient... =)

bopeep

finally signed the contract!

did anybody manage to negotiate to have food tasting for full course?

i tried to, but to no avail... when the time comes then we'll decide if we wanna top up for remaining dishes...

malchan

Hi jojo: We're very comfortable with Rayston. As what zhouen mentioned, he was very patient with us when we kept pestering him for extra perks.

Hi Kat: We did not manage to get food tasting for the full course.

Hi moomooland: We're not shown the bridal suite too..
sad.gif

moomooland

met up with diana yesterday, i must say in real life, she is friendier than she is over email.

Do you even have to negotiate for full course? I thought the wedding show perks included full course tasting already?

i have a good feeling about MC, and Diana has been very accomodating. She mentioned the bridal suite is like a 2 room flat, its big enough to house the coordinators. The additional night deluxe room perk can be used by the couple as a second night's stay.

I did not view the bridal suite as well as it was not available for viewing, but if you go for the wedding show, you will be shown the suite.

Negative thing is probably, even if you sign up the package, you will need to attend the Wedding Show and pay the $30. Good thing is, you get 5 course lunch, geomancy talk, bridal show by La B8lle, Wedding Invites Printing company etc...

bopeep

If i recall correctly, food tasting for full course only applicable to couples who hold their banquets before 1 Apr 08.

ed_jo

h| gals... i am also looking at MC and should be the prospective 20 dec 08 mc bride... ;)

going for the wedding show this sat rite? ya there..

zhuoen

hiiii joanne...

welcome to MC!!! u r nee's colleague rite? i mean shara... hahaha.. her nick is nee in sg bride... =)

skyea

Hi all,
Does anybody have any idea whether MC has a DVD player which we could use to play the express highlights during the dinner? Our VG recommended that we use a DVD player rather than a laptop as the video might not run as smoothly when using the latter.

ed_jo

From what i know their DVD player is on rental $150++ wor.. Think i will bring my laptop, since their room has internet access..

momocharz

Hello Perlynn! *waves

When is yours? Mine's on 21 Nov, a weekday.

Have you gone for your food tasting?

How's preparation? hee..

skyea

Hi ed_jo,
Thanks a lot! I've checked with Diana today and it's confirmed that we have to rent the player at a rate of $150 ++. Why can't they just throw it in? Haha. You mean the ballroom has internet access? That's really cool!

ed_jo

Hi hi..

ya lor ya lor... heee.. if u managed to coax her to throw it, tell me.. heehee..

No la.. i mean the bridal suite, k surf so net or watch the pics or video for the day with our laptop in this case...

Any of u gals know where to get cornerstone (france), MC house pour?

perlynn

Hi MoMoCharz,

Mine after you two days later : ) 23 nov.. I have gone for my food tasting 3 weeks ago.. Now waiting for my invitation card to be printed out as well as arranging the guests table. Starting to feel the pressure now.. How abt u : )who is yr cordinator?

momocharz

Perlynn> Wow, your food tasting so fast! Mine's this sun. How do you find the food ah? Which cards you chose? We decided to let lil-art to print our inserts in the end and will be finalising the details by today.
I've sms my friends for their reply so that i can send the cards out immediately after we got it 2 weeks later, but haiz... RSVP is very very difficult...
Our cordinator was Cathy, now is Diana. =)