Merchant Court Swissotel

ah_hui

Booked my date with MC alredi, going to sign on the dotted line soon....I'm a Nov'08 BTB. Didn't manage to get a lot of perks though....just hope things will turn out gd, I quite like their bridal suite.

sanz

hey Ade, my AD's 1 week after urs...hehe ;)

i was quite surprised to see a lot of dates next year taken up already when scouting around for hotels. I was told dat the 2nd half of 08 is supposedly more auspicious for weddings, dat's why most of the dates booked already. is that true? luckily my FH and i not very "pantang" ...haha

ah hui: welcome to the club too!
happy.gif

sharemoments

Moomooland,
Mine will be 4 days after u. By then can ask you about ur experience first. Haha.

Ade,
I will be meeting Diana after their reno. I double check with her & let u guys kw about the new favours.

Ah Hui,
Welcome in. What perks have u manage to bargain?

Anyone have idea that when is the wedding show to be held?

moomooland

sharemoments,

sure no prob
happy.gif

when will the reno be completed?

I am waiting for the wedding show to sign up. in the meantime, i will scout around. NCQ wedding show is in 1st sept, will go for that first. As for MC, Diana mentioned it will be held in late sept, but she did not mentioned specifically which date.

skyea

Hi Ah Hui,
Welcome to the MC club!
happy.gif

Hi Sanz,
So we're both June MC brides and somemore our dates are quite close to one another!
happy.gif
Wa, didn't know that second half of the year is good for weddings le. The master that we consulted told us that based on our 8 characters, May, June, October and November would be good months for us to get married. We chose June eventually la. Hehe.

Hi sharemoments,
Ok sure, thanks a lot!
happy.gif

meguriai

i'm a 07 bride too. the AD is a month away and i'm not done with my preps! at this point, i haven't even settled my invites rsvp etc.

meguriai: 16 sep 2007
tiffany1612: 16 dec 2007

malchan: 11 Oct 2008
zhuoen: 08 dec 2008

skyea

Hi Jen, there's still some time left till your AD...get your family or friends to help out if you're too busy with other preps. All the best in your preps and congratz!
happy.gif

Hi ladies, mine is in 2008.
happy.gif

Ade: 07 Jun 2008

sanz

mine's just after Ade's ...
happy.gif

Sanz: 14 Jun 2008

ah_hui

Hmmmm....kept asking Rayston when's the wedding show but he said he doesn't noe...dun wanna miss the date we want since there's onli one ballroom, so meeting up to sign soon....haiz....but actualli if it's sept maybe can wait leh, but the thing is no one can confirm!

zhuoen

i tot of waiting for the wedding show...
but since only one ballroom, i didnt wana risk...
i reckon that the perks wont be very much different from the current one... so i guess have to weigh the pros n cons ba...
for me n huby, we didnt wana risk cos it means we have to go to another hotel if the date is being booked... abit sian of running here n there already... so signed up before the wedding show...

qianqian

can i check with u gals wad is the min table required for MC.. when is the wedding show.. i wan to go...

ade, u sent me the package b4.. but i accidently deleted can send me again..
thx in advance

[email protected]

sanz

zhuoen: i felt the same way as u ...initially wanted to wait for the wedding show too..but also afraid that the date we want will be gone by then, so gotta weigh the pros and cons. Felt so relieved after it's settled ...now can concentrate on planning for other things without worrying about the banquet venue liao.
happy.gif

tiffany1612

so many mc brides here!

congrats jen! started resting and sleeping well from now.. =)

aniwae, if anyone has updates on the favours.. can let us know? thanks.... hee

sanz

hey gals...found info on the MC bridal show on the DBS website...see below...
happy.gif

SWISSÔTEL MERCHANT COURT Bridal Extravaganza Show 2007

Get ideas for your dream wedding from wedding gowns to menu.

Be wowed by Lx Bxxxx Couture's showcase of the latest bridal gowns. Hear from renowned geomancer on ways to select an auspicious date for your wedding, and learn make-up tips from the professional.

You'll be breezing though your wedding preparations while enjoying the sumptuous lunch specially prepared by celebrity Executive Chef Louis Tay. Also stand to win a diamond necklace worth over $1600 from Goldheart Jewellery plus other attractive prizes in our lucky draw!

Date : 22 Sep 07, Sat
Time : 1pm - 5pm
Venue : Merchant Court Ballroom, Level 1
Price : $30 nett (U.P $40 nett) per couple, including one door gift per couple
Book by : 16 Sep 07

DBS/POSB Credit Card Exclusives:

One complimentary table on weekdays (min. booking of 38 tables)
Two complimentary tables on weekends (min. booking of 43 tables)

For details and reservations:
Tel: 6239 1767
Email: [email protected]

Update mine.. ;)

Evisu: 28 Dec 2008

skyea

Hi eden_dream,
You've got mail.

Hi Sanz,
I'm sure the rest of the girls will happy to finally know the details of the wedding show. Hehe.

crispy79

Crispy : 17 May 08

Wow....the wedding show this time round got complimentary 2 tables for weekend, that's very good deal.... too bad I had already signed mine.

meguriai

hi tiffany - thanks! but not resting as much as i want to cos my office doesn't seem to care that my wedding is coming soon! aiyoyo....

it's less than a month's time!

anyway i had my food tasting recently and i really like the food and presentation. i only hope it remains the same for the actual day cos a lot of people fear that when they cook for one table, it's perfect. multiply that by 40 tables, there's a risk that the quality may drop. hope that doesn't happen for mine.
happy.gif

anyway i'm going down to meet diana next week. hope things go well...

phaffia

Hi there,

I am considering MC as one of the choices for my wedding banquet.

However,I cant seem to find any comments on the food.

Anybody care to comment?

Thanks in advance!!
happy.gif

sanz

hey Jen! all the best for ur wedding preps! glad dat the food tasting went well for u
happy.gif
try to rest well before ur wedding ok?

looks like u r probably going to be the first one to hold the wedding in the renovated ballroom ..
happy.gif

cutiepooh

Jen

No worries...the food std maintains as good during my banquet...lots of compliments from my guests
happy.gif

Phaffia

The food is healthy and taste delicious....the way some dishes are cooked, aren't like the typical way u find in most hotels.

citrus1225

sanz - i went down during food tasting and took a look at the ballroom. can't see the reno yet. wonder how it's gonna look like.
happy.gif
there are some little issues to iron out with them on the planning and execution... hope they are agreeable to our requests...

phaffia - the food is tasty. agree with cutie - it's not very common. and the food is very fresh.

meguriai

hi sanz, i dun think i'll be the first to use the renovated ballroom. cos mine is the 8th month 6 day. think there should be couples getting married in the days before me.
happy.gif

sanz

jlee: i also signed up abt the same time as you...but i tink i'm still going to the wedding show to check out how the decorations look like and get some ideas..hee...
happy.gif

anybody else planning to go?

ah_hui

I've signed....decided not to take the wedding show package n stick to our original one...

added my date...hehe:

Crispy : 17 May 08
ah_hui: 14 Nov 2008

bopeep

i'm going down to meet rayston tomorrow.

hopefully everything goes well... if yes, then i'll be a MC bride too!

#jen, can't wait to attend yours! hehehehe.

xiaoying

Hi all....

I'm finalising the contract with Diana....not sure if i've got the usual perks....but guess i'll be going ahead to be a MC Nov 08 bride ..hee..meeting her on thu to sign the contract...
happy.gif

qianqian

hi all, guess i have to remove MC from my bqt list as is above my budget of $900.. just got their latest pricing the weekend price have increased from $888 to $918...

pekkle

Hey ladies, I've got only 22 tables max. But their min tables is 30, do you think they will compromise on that?? What are the themes MC offer. I like to have a all black and red theme, does MC have that?

moomooland

hi qianqian, they have revised the prices? I am planning for March 2008, so the prices for 2007 is still valid until 31st March 08?

meguriai

hi jojo, i thought their minimum is 35? maybe lunch they can consider but dinner definitely not...

hi kat - hope things all work out for you ultimately.
happy.gif

qianqian

same weekend menu... the one ade send me a month ago is quoted $888 per table... and when i request to attend their wedding fair... they send me another quote.. its $918