Merchant Court Swissotel

rufhie

Hey all, I am worried of the comments of MCH. We are holding our solemnization by the poolside on 070707.

Prisc** seems ok to us when we met her. Hope nothing goes wrong on that day still. Just waiting to sign a contract with em' now.

*Fingers crossed*

Their hotel's decor for the poolside is nice. Also, other hotels that we had considered are all booked. *Sigh*

Btw, Congrats to all July 2007 BTBs!

yukikodawasan

Hi Bliss&Fantasy,

Not trying to spoil your mood here, but I have a bad experience with Pris... She may appear to be a nice person and nothing is wrong. She promised everything will go well, but it did not turn out well. Um, hopefully they are better in their service after my write in.

Good luck to you.

yukikodawasan

Hi anyone by the name of Jessica and Matthew who had your wedding yesterday at Swissotel MC? I'm really impressed by your wedding and your wedding gowns. Could you pls email me at [email protected]? I need some information from you. Thanks and happy marriage ahead

yukikodawasan

Hi Louisa and Wayne,

I think the service level in MC is really bad. My coordinator for ROM is bad. Not sure of their service now. Maybe improved already. Sorry I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, but it's a nice place especially the solemnisation area. I love that.... good luck in your planning.

rufhie

Thanks OinkOink.

Seriously, after reading all that's been shared, we are giving a second thought now.

Thanks so much again!

klybtb

hi im new here...
seriously considering MC but hearing some bad comments on their service, really need to reconsider again.
their cheaper package for weekday is $748/table.
can i know anyone got any good perks from them? like free projector? upgrade bridal suite or anything else?

annitink

Hi all,
after much searching we have decided to go for MC. Love their ballroom and the coordinator whom we dealt with, Cathy is very friendly and prompt with replies. We'll be meeting up with her to sign on the dotted line next week.....can someone help in letting us know how to bargain for more perks eg. upgraded bridal suite...projector...etc. ? And are all these extra perks supposed to be written in the agreement as well?

Thanks lots!!

klybtb

hi annitink, have u signed up with cathy? i agree she's a nice lady & very prompt in her replies too! if u meet their min. tables, u can ask for free projector and misc like more invitation cards & car park coupons, shouldn't be a problem.
btw, may i know when's ur AD?

annitink

My AD is on 19jan08. When's yours? She seems quite bent on not giving the projector though.....hope everything goes well. R u going for MC as well?

klybtb

hi annitik, mine eill be nov07 but exact date not known yet. i also tried to neg for free projector but rejected by her but overall she's quite nice lady. i haven't signed e contract. hv u signed up? how many tables u looking at?

linny_47

Hi Annitink,

I'm also booking MC! Haha.. wanted the same date as yours. But Cathy told me that you guys have confirmed the booking. So we might be thinking of doing lunch instead.

Heard from her that there's a wedding show in March/April. I scared now book already the later got more perks. Sigh.. I guess we just got the take the risk

Do let me know what you managed to squeeze from her ok? hheehee =)

annitink

Hi klybtb, i wanted Nov initially too but seems that it is a super hot month and I coulnt get all the dates i wanted,so you may want to decide on your date fast.....=)
I'm looking at bout 38-40 tables.

HI Linny,
Going to see her this evening to firm up the details....anyway seems dat the industry is quite competitive. I had another offer somewhere else. When I rejected their offer cos i already got MC they threw in EVERY perk we asked for juz to close the deal....so well....hope I can get the same things from cathy....=p
Will keep u updated!

linny_47

hi annitink,

What was the hotel which u rejected? I was looking ard, and couldn't get anything ard the same price range as MC

annitink

Hi Linny,

Raffles Town Club. It is cheaper than MC.Very nice pillarless ballroom and recept..and importantly as well, bridal suite very nice =)

BUT what puts me off is the attitude of the co-ordinator. VERY RUDE!! But if you dont mind that can go down and see the place...

klybtb

hi annitink, hope u can squeeze everything from her later... good luck & update me ya!

another date that i want is also nov but already taken so i still have another alternative date in nov, haha...

charm_ed

hi all,

could someone kindly email me MC's 2007 packages? my email is [email protected]. thanks!

would aso like to find out the min no of tables required for MC on a weekday. any idea?

mani thanks in advance!

klybtb

charmaine, min. tables on weekday is 35 but for package wise maybe u can chk with the coordinator there cos different couples got different package le...

hope this help!

disneyland

To couples who have held their wedding at MC,
which kind of red wine did you serve at the dinner that has great comments? Coz I don't normally drink wines and no idea which one to get. Thanks for your help

klybtb

disney, for wine, maybe u like to go for Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon as these two kind are more soothing...
just my opinion =D

disneyland

Does anyone here has a copy of MC wedding cards? I know that there are two types: the traditional red ones and rectangular ones? Can I have a look at the rectangular ones if you happen to have it. Thanks!

aprik

Hi Ladies,

I had my solemnization at the ppolside on 7th Jan. Our coordinator is Prisc too.. She is very patient, but very strict with the perks. Actually we had some last-minute glitch.. but after we insisted, she managed to give us a better deal.

If you want to negotiate anythign, get her to ask her Superior or ask to meet her Manager directly..

But overall, i think she tried her best to serve us well.. So still recommend MCH to you all..

klybtb

hi chocolate_lover, ur nick so cute & im also a choco addict, haha... congrats on ur big day! when's ur AD & will it also at SMC?

charm_ed

hi all,

am seriously considering MC, cause the no of tables is suitable for me and my hubby, and i love the fact that the ballroom is pillarless!

any feedback re the wedding coordinators there? would appreciate if someone could leave me the contact of a more flexible and friendly wedding coordinator.

my email is [email protected]

thanks in advance!!

aprik

hi klybtb,

considering MCH as one of hte options for our Big day, which is 26 Jan 2008..

But we have table limitation (ard 25table), and most hotels require min 30 tables on weekend, so we're still searching for a suitable one..

Any tips?

klybtb

chocolate_lover, have u spoken to the coordinator to check if able to reduce the min no. of tables? i know one of the ballroom at hyatt is min 25 tables for weekend but not so exclusive as there're 5 ballrooms there.

coachlover

Yup!agree with SNX query.

Looking at both 858 (jade) n 898(emerald) package details, both are quite similar...
any difference in the quality, presentation etc?

SNX, be viewing MC this weekend, shall share w u my views then
happy.gif

coachlover

Hi klybtb,
Yeah, is my first time going
happy.gif
We went today evening and our coordinator is Cathy..how abt u? When u go? I saw many couples today for banquet appoinment too. Cathy's is friendly n detailed person...she really left us a good impression on her patient sve
happy.gif

coachlover

Hi Klybtb,
I missed the past posting...jus realised that u got the same coordinator as me
happy.gif

I was pretty attracted to the free perks that will be offered during the upcoming show in nxt mth March..so we have more or less decided to sign up next mth.
Congrats to U as a BTB in Nov this yr!
happy.gif
Enjoying the process of preparation!!
happy.gif

sharemoments

Hi JLee,

What other free perks will there be offered during the upcoming show in March? When is your actual day on? My actual day is on Dec 07 and is also considering Swissotel Merchant court & Grand Hyatt.

klybtb

hi jlee, what was the time u meet up with cathy? my appt was at 5.30pm. btw, how u get to know abt the wedding show and any idea what perks will be given?

coachlover

Hi klybtb,
So coincidence..so u were the couple before us
happy.gif
we reached early at 5.30pm yesterday tho supposed to meet Cathy at 6.30pm, but Cathy mentioned that she had an apptm at then, so we waited after you
happy.gif
I was told by cathy on the show.

coachlover

Hi share, klybtb,
My AD will be end of next yr..still quite some time to go..Congrats to you Share as a Dec BTB!
happy.gif

just to name a few.. 1 nite additional deluxe room free, full course food tasting for 10, free flow of beer if were to pay by uob...can't recall the rest..u may wanna chk w Cathy..I'll b finding out more during the show.

coachlover

Hi all,
Anyone has experience attending solemnisation by the poolside at MC?
How's the set up n themes? Ambience?
Can we get external caterer into MC during the day of solemnisation?

klybtb

hi jlee, btw are you the couple waiting at lobby and you were wearing blue? how many tables are u looking at? weekday or weekend? i dnt think i will meet the min no. of tables for weekday le... how about you?

coachlover

Hi klybtb,
hehe,I wasen waering blue tat day, I was in white and jeans skirt..
happy.gif
We have yet to fix a date as ours will b end of 08 and tongshu hasen been out yet (we learnt it from on Master in HK that it'll b out in June07..is it true?) we are tentative looking at 30 to 35 tables..so if our date is weekday then it;ll be ok. Jus concern that if it's weekend we may not be able to meet too.

klybtb

hi jlee, will we need to meet the min no. of tables to qualify for the wedding show perks? not sure if we need though. did cathy mention anything on this? (weekday-35 tables, weekend-38 tables)

coachlover

Hi sheepo79,
the show has not started so we can't sign up now...the show will only be on 25th Marcn, am I right klybtb?

Klybtb, I suppose regardless of wedding show perks, it is required to meet min 35 tables on wkdaz n 38 tables on wkend...tats wat i understand.

klybtb

jlee,

but did cathy mentioned anything on the min. no of tables required on weekday to you as i might also have less than 35 tables.

u need to sign up for the wedding show nearer to the date in mar...

coachlover

Hi klybtb,
If i din remb wrongly, she did mentioned that min no of tables on wkdays mus b 35 even tho u sign up during the show. Maybe u wanna confirm w cathy again?