Mcnair Rd new flat owners??

bearyhugs

Hi,
Anyone out there who've just gotten their keys to the new flats at Mcnair Rd from the recent balloting exercise? Blk 108B or 108C?

Care to share some experiences what you have done for your new flat? Started reno already?
Anything to take note when you first inspect the new flats?

Waiting to hear valuable experiences!

fay

Hi bearyhugs,
we've not gotten our keys yet, going to receive keys in july.
which blk you got? we got 108b.

bearyhugs

Hi Fay,
So glad that I found someone who responded to this thread. I nearly thought no one who's staying at the area visits SB forum!
I'm also staying at 108B. Which floor are u at?
Me level 10, 5 rm.

By the way, how did u manage to postpone your collection of keys to July?
Can let me know? Becos I spoke to that Quek Chin Moon and he wasn't friendly at all in helping us to postpone the collection of keys.
Pls revert asap! Both me and my FH are collecting keys next week liao!

What's your email add? Can contact u easier. Thanks to my future neighbour!

tyikkim

bearyhugs,

We wrote an email to the HDB to request for the postponement of collection of the keys.

We will be on the 8th floor, 4rm. When are you moving in?

fay

hi bearyhugs,

FH and i wrote in to HDB (our contact person was tan siew lian - she not very friendly either) and asked for an extension to sept 04, based on the reason that we'll only be getting married in feb 05 and moving in then. they rejected our request for sept, but extended to july instead, which i guess is good enough.

when you getting married / moving in? i'm on 8 flr, 4rm.
email add is [email protected]

yah, good to "meet" a future neighbour! FH and I met another couple just immediately below our unit yesterday and they already got their keys. we went to see their unit cos it'll be more or less the same as ours...

bearyhugs

Hi all,
Thanks for all the info. I tried calling our officer in charge but he simply refused to postpone it for us. We are also getting married next year and my FH got to go on duty travel often but he was pretty resistant to all our reasons.

So fay, how was the flat that you've been to see?
Have you sourced out for any reno contractors? Me and my FH have been to a few already including the one at Darwin Bendemeer. Quite reasonable pricing.

Hi Greg,
When did u manage to postpone your collection of keys?

Frankly, even if we were to collect the keys now, we won't be able to reno till after the lunar 7th hungry ghost month.

Fay, you've got mail!

fay

bearyhugs,
yup, we've been to about 7 or 8 interior designers already. we really need advice on how to maximise space since our flat is so small (86sqm!) and we're now narrowing down to 2... also seeing a contractor just to compare quotes.
the flat we saw was ok lah, i was quite pleased that the kitchen and bathroom wall and floor tiles are in beige! at least it's not some obiang colour.. heehee.
you're a 5rm unit yah? which means you are facing the road?

You've got mail too!

bearyhugs

Fay,
Indeed coincidental that we are both same age.
So which two contractors hav you guys narrowed down to? Did you both go to the HDbay for any service? We went for their so called fun tour and it was rather educational though.
Wow. You actually hav time to visit so many contractors already??!! For us, we only managed to visit abt 4 so far and still waiting for their second design + quotes.

Yeah, mine is facing the road (the west facing sun). Sure very very hot in the afternoon. But no choice; we chose that flat becos of some fengshui advice. My flat area is 110sqm but I find the master bedroom an odd shape and too small. Don't think I will hack any walls though since might be diff to sell next time.

So did the couple whom u went to see the flat last week had any defects in their flat? Any ideas if there are kitchen tiles provided for 5rm flats?

: >

bearyhugs

Fay,
By the way, how did you get to know this couple who would be visiting their new flat?
Are they your friends too? Or you just happen to be there?

fay

hello bearyhugs,

nope, we didnt go to HDBay. do you recommend that we go?
haha.. yah we visited so many IDs... a bit too many lah, cos when there are so many options, it makes it more difficult to decide. just met up with 1 of them tonight for the 2nd design and quotation. we are hacking down 1 wall to combine the master bedrm and one of the rooms to make space for wardrobe. no choice cos the rooms are really small! yah i also have an odd corner in the master room.

oh actually the couple we met was through one of the interior designers who happend to have a collegue that is working on this couple's flat. so the ID arranged for us to go down to this couple's flat lor. quite good lah, at least we can have a feel of how our flat will be like too.
i'm not sure if they had any defects in their place... it looked ok to me, but i wasn't inspecting lah, i was more preoccupied with the space constraints and how to do the layout for our house.... one thing i noticed is that HDB already predetermined the location of the sink and cooker hob in the kitchen cos of the pipings... it's pretty fixed so looks like a lot of the kitchens in the blk will be looking the same.

hm... i think the whole blk should have kitchen and bathroom floor and wall tiles... we also visited one of the current resident's unit at Blk 108C on 18th floor... that was before the balloting exercise cos we went to take a look at the blks and this uncle invited us to come up to his house... they also had kitchen and bathroom tiles provided... and if i remember correctly, his was in pink!! i was so afraid ours would be pink too! thank goodness they are not!

fay

the 2 IDs we narrowed down to are design room consultants and possibly AT design at habourfront.
which ones are you considering?

bearyhugs

Hi Fay,
Thanks for all the info!
What? Pink tiles? I guess I really have to pray hard that mine would not be pink.......
But I should be able to check with HDB next week since I'm going down. Hei, I went down to this ID com called Renozone who also mentioned that his colleague is doing one at Blk 108B and it so happen to my direct opp neighbour, same level! But he did not mention abt bringing me to view their flat becos I guess the other couple had not confirmed anything with them.

Oh, no, so the location of the sink is fixed too? But I heard from my ID desiger saying that it can be changed easily lei.

We are looking at Darwin Interior, the one at Bendemeer and another two more who are recommended by our relatives, Impact Design, not sure abt the other name.

BTW, what was your ballot number and where are u staying now? Why did u choose this area? For us, I'm currently staying at Whampoa area and I've been eyeing these two blks of new flats eversince they were built since it's near my parents' place. : > We had wanted to go for the 4 rm at first but in order not to miss any chances, thought we should go for 5rm to really secure a flat.

If I really get keys some time in the next month, can always invite u over if u want to view. Anyway, did u guys look for any fengshui master?

bearyhugs

So what tiles did the ID offer you and care to share abt your package?
U going for laminate or parquet flooring for the rooms?

banoffi

Hello Fay

I went to AT Designs webpage, they hvae some interesting offers. Have you heard anything about their workmanship and customer service?

Thanks.

fay

hi bearyhugs,
our ballot number was 36, we were on 2nd day morning.. by the time it reached us, the highest floor left for 4rm was 8th floor so we took it lor. my FH parents stay just a few blks away at towner road so yah, we were also eyeing it for a long time... and the moment the hdb released the balloting info on their website, we applied!
happy.gif

we're doing parquet for the 3 bedrms and homogenous tiles for living/dining. with all the things we want to do, the average quote we got so far is about $25k... ex hor. i think it's cos of the parquet and the tiling... we are thinking of homogenous tiles for living/dining.

Hi Angs,
we visited their office at harbourfront out of curiosity cos we were walking past. have not visited any of their completed flats yet but going to sometime next week. can't really comment on their workmanship cos havent seen yet, but their customer service is not too bad. at least the designer that serves us is quite friendly and very obliging. seem quite sincere lah. yah, i think they have a package for 4rm std flat which is about $8900 if im not wrong. it includes the basic reno works (plumbing, electrical, painting, tiling for ceramic tiles, etc)... dun know how much the package is for 5rm tho.

fay

bearyhugs,
we didnt really seek any fengshui advice leh.. but my FH has a colleague whose husband opened a fengshui shop so she took a look at our floorplan and just gave a bit of advice lor, like must put plant in the bathroom for qi, put rock/stone in the kitchen cos the back of our blk (where your unit is facing) is empty, as in there are no high buildings to support... dunno whether to believe or not...

one thing that all the interior designers have said so far is that the cooker hob and sink cannot be directly opposite. something like "shui huo bu fan" ...

yah the sink can be moved by running the pipe but the bad thing abt that is it increases the possibility of clogging.. cos there are too many bends in the pipes...

deer_deer

Hi All,

I am staying at McNair Road Blk 108C. I got the flat thru en-bloc, not balloting. I have moved in a few months already. I would advise the new owners to check whether ur new flat has water seepage during raining days, this is a common problem in the 2 blocks. Since the day i moved in, i have already called hdb to come down 6-7 times to solve the seepage problems.

I am glad that i didnt do parquet or laminates flooring for my bedrooms, otherwise the floorings will be gone with the presistent seepage problems i encountered in 2 bedrooms and living room. Even though the seepage is not very serious, but it will still damage the flooring.

Good luck to all new home owners
happy.gif

fay

Hi deer,

oh no... sounds like a problem. where does the water seep in from? you mean from the windows? or the ceiling or walls? how did hdb solve the problem for you?

deer_deer

Hi Fay,

When it rains, the water hits against the windows and the walls. I think for my flat, the water will seep into the wall, as well as the windows. That's why after they have mended the wall, and we closed all the windows tightly, the water still came in when they do a water test fr outside. So hdb contractor send their men down again to do the windows, i didnt see how they did it, the smell was terrible. Hopefully this will solve our seepage problems.

fay

thanks for the warning and info, deer...
hope that we won't have the same problem.

anything else that we should look out for?

bearyhugs

Hi deer,
Thanks for sharing. Which level are u staying then? One of my mum's fren is also staying at Blk 108C, level 23 and her view is marvellous!
Oh, no. After hearing your story, it really scare me as we were planning to do a laminate or parquet platform for the living room!
But then again, I spoke to a few neighbours when I went down and a no. of them told us as long as we close our windows tight when it rains, there's no need to worry that much. So is it true?

Fay, not sure if you wnt my contact for the fengshui master? But I think your quotation for the reno is a little the high end lei. Me and my FH were trying to hit under 30k for our 110sqm 5rm flat. But we are doing minimal reno for the two rooms, mainly the living, kitchen and master bedrm only. So what are u intending to do for your kitchen? U going for walk-in wardrobe too?
By the way, I'm interested in the Alumix or Ximula walk-in wardrobe. Looks so impressive!

fay

bearyhugs, we are hacking the master and 2nd bedrm into 1 rm, making walk-in wardrobe and doing the kitchen.. oh and installing the shower screens, and making vanity top for the master bathroom only... that's all leh. and plus all the tiling of cos... why so ex huh? we're not even making any built in furniture leh...
i asked the ID where all the cost went to, and he said that it's cos it's a std flat and we want to do parquet for the 3 bedrms and homogenous tiles for the living... guess it must be the parquet lor...

oh but are you intending to have false ceiling? we are cos we want to make down lights and my FH wants a ceiling fan in the living room...

thanks for the offer for the fengshui master.. but we're not very particular about fengshui cos we're christians.

for the kitchen we're interested in the solid top and the chimney type of cooker hob... i like leh, but hope it's practical in terms of cleaning. yah, we also considering alumix or ximula.. heard that closet works is also quite good. but it's more woody whereas alumix/ximula is more metal/aluminium..

bearyhugs

Hi there,
I think you can certainly source for a cheaper IP if u look harder. I was given a quote of abt 2.6K for burmese teak parquet flooring for my 3 bedrms by Darwin Interior (Bendemeer). Think u can prob give that place a try. If u need the contact person, email me. He's very nice in accomodating to our needs.

I'm also interested in false ceiling. But think may cost more.

I'm engaging the fengshui master so got to do some false walls or feature wall to cover the common bathrm. Why is your vanity top not given?
For my 5rm flat, it is available for the master bedrm bathrm lei.

Which style are u going for?
Contemporary? Modular? Country like? Resort? Futuristic?

For ours, we should be going for a bit of balinese resort style.

As for walk-in wardrobe, personally prefer the ximula system c/f closet works. Like the kind of metal look.

N last thing, I would recommend u to go for the HDbay fun tour if you both have the time. They give free design and reno advice/tips. Moreover, if you sign up with any reno companies registered under HDbay,u get some kind of free audit checks for you completed flat. For the fun tour which is held every alternate saturday, u only need to pay $50 which is fully refundable when u turn up for the tour. They brought us to see Zaplin at Tao Payoh where they manu the Alumix systems. That's where I find it impressive. It is good for ppl who are idiots to reno works like both me and my FH initially. A good start-off.

bearyhugs

Hei, Fay,
Just realized that my ballot no was 44 and I was also there on the 2nd morning. I'm quite sure we might have seen each other that time. We could be sitting next to each other and waiting patiently for our turn!! U still rem what u wore that day?? Hehe, just joking - don't think too hard huh. : >

fay

hello, yup, i also think we've been quoted very high. that's why we not keen to confirm with anyone yet.

not sure why vanity top is not given for our unit, but the 2 units that we've seen (4rm) both dun have. guess it's only provided for 5rm.
hey you can email me the contact for darwin interior..thanks!

we also going for balinese resort style.. and using teakwood furnishings. have been sourcing around for furniture here and there also... have you been looking too?

wah.. another coincidence huh.. we both at hdb on the same day! i dun rem wat i was wearing but did you notice a couple who kept hovering around the internet pc and keep refreshing the hdb page to see what units were left? that was probably us! haha..
happy.gif

bearyhugs

Hei, me too! We were also hovering ard the internet PC!! Esp my FH; just can't sit still.
We only managed to go in at abt 11 when our appt was given as 10.30am. That was really a nerve-racking experience though! Wanted to go for the 18th floor but all 18th below taken up within an hour or so in that morning. Only left with 10 floors below when it came to our turn.

Nope, we haevn't sourced for furniture yet. Got to settle on design first then the furniture. I've got frens who bought their furniture first n later got ot change their interior design to suit their furniture.

Will email u the contact of my designer then.

deer_deer

Hi Bearyhugs,

I am staying above 20th storey, i can see a little bit of seaview fr my living room, and saw fireworks in the direction of Raffles Place during Labour Day. What i liek abt our flat is it's conventient location and good view.

I have been inside a flat that is facing west, even though it has evening sun problem, but the Orchard road view is fantastic, and it's very windy at certain time of the yr.

Actually i dont really have much advice .... but be careful when u come to decide on a contractor, many of them promise u the sky b4 signing, but provide lousy service and workmanship during renovation. I dont have a solution for it, coz i faced the same problems with my own contractor whom i will definitely not recommend. And many of my friends and colleagues faced the same problems also. So it all depends on how good u r in managing them. My contractor has closed shop, so no point mentioning the name.

As for buying furniture, beware of Celasto at Harbour Front, we have a lot of problems with them. they r 4 wks late in delivering my tv console and i have to demand a change of the coffee table 3 times becoz of obvious dents when they deliver it. Later i found out that they r many pple complain abt them in this forum.

As for lightings, dont go to Strass Lighting. We had quite a lot of problems with them. My colleague encoutered the same problems with them also. Shop along Balestier, ask for the pricing first b4 committting to one.

fay

hi deer, thanks for all the info!
yah also heard horror stories about contractors who are really nice to you before you sign , then the minute you sign with them, they change their attitude.. quite afraid of meeting such contractors.. but really so hard to tell hor. the best is to go by word of mouth and friend's recommendation.

wah.. you all so nice, at least 10floor and above... i'm on 8th floor and just above the multistorey carpark... really hope people in the carpark wont be able to look into my house...

bearyhugs, if you looking for nice teakwood balinese furniture, colonial at balestier is quite good. they are much cheaper than those shops at dempsey and depot road, and they also do custome make to the dimensions you want.

we are looking out for nice furniture that we can get, so that in the interior design process we can also factor those in and plan the space for it.....

yah lor, bearyhugs, that balloting experience was like waiting for exam results man... so kan cheong...

bearyhugs

Hi Deer,
Yeah, thanks for all the info. Guess we really have to keep our eyes open then! I usually source out all the possibly good contractors that we are interested n leave it to my FH to make the decision. I can't really tell who's good or who's bad but can only base on the pricing which they offer. Me quite gullible kind.

Fay, thanks for your contact. Sorry, been too busy at work;only got time to email u the contractor from Darwin jus then. By the way, I just emailed to HDB with the deferment of keys. But slim chance since our appt had been fixed next Wed lor. Fay,do u want to come view our flat if we get the keys? Don't despair with the 8th floor. Think it's still above the multistorey carpark right?
Where is this colonial exactly? Near which landmark? I've been staying at Whampoa for so long n yet never did know of this place!

Deer, could we possibly arrange to visit your flat? If it's not convenient, of course it's fine. Is yours a 5rm or 4rm? How much did u spend on your reno?

bearyhugs

Hi Fay,
Seems that you MIA for a few days already. I've just been to Darwin for our 2nd design. Quite satisfied with their design and quotation. They managed to set the style that I've wanted. Hope you will give them a consideration.

sharlene

Hi,
I am also getting my flat from the balloting exercise. 108B 27th floor. Will be collecting my keys in June, manage to delay it.

bearyhugs

Hi Sharlene,
Welcome to the thread! So is yours a 5 room too?
Wow. You managed to get 27th floor! So good. Who was your officer-in-charge and how did you manage to delay it when I have so much difficulties?

Care to share anything you've done for reno?

sharlene

Hi bearyhugs,
Ya, mine is a Five room.
Where will ur views be facing? Urs 5 rooms too?

We never contact the officer-in-charge, in fact we contact Lee Ying Ying, the customer service manager. I always contact her coz there are also some issues with regards to my current old house due to the HDB rule thus had been liaising with her. Just tell them need go oversea and difficult have the same timing for both your FH n u loh, so far those pple i know delay the keys all very easy one leh, my sis friend even manage to delay till 1 year!

I am with CXXXXXX for reno, also know that another 10th floor new older facing Novena Sq that area are also renovating with them. Will be doing resort theme.

So how about you, when are you collecting your keys and when u intend to starts renovation? What's ur design theme? Alot pple doing comtemperory.

I only shortlisted about 5 ID firm but only manage to visit and talk to 3, and also only constantly met up with my ID, the rest only went for one meeting only. Like their service and clique well with my designer. Sorry, dunno why can't post my ID name here, they are located at Potong Pasir.

bearyhugs

Hi Sharlene,
Thanks! I was telling my FH abt your delay and in actual fact, we tried calling and writing in too, but we just simply met with lots of resistance. N it was true that my FH had to go on duty-travel very often. Anyway, he gave the customer officer in charge a call today and gave it a final try. Finally managed to postpone to mid June, 17th. When are you getting your keys?

10th floor facing Novena Sq? I'm also on the 10th floor but it's the one facing Mcnair Rd, opp the old flat with a coffee shop at ground floor. I guess it's the same side as yours. Got the fengshui master to choose the unit. But wanted to get higher floors though no luck. U so lucky. I've met up with abt 4 ID companies, shortlisted Darwin from Bendemeer so far. Got the second design already. Heh, we are also going for resort style. Same same, good as we can exchange for some pointers liao.
How much do u intend to spend on your reno? Me working on a tight budget.
Seek your opinion on the master bedroom ; don't you think our master bedroom design is so diff to design? It's a longish and has a round corner! Intending to go for walk-in wardbrobe, how abt you?

Why can't you put your ID com on the web? Can PM me? BTW, u married already?

deer_deer

Hi BearyHugs,

Sorrie for the late reply, i have been down with fever and cough for the past few days, so didnt login.

I am staying in a 4rm flat. i bought over the old flat during en-bloc, and the previous owner is only entitled to 4-rm flat (due to having only partial benefits), so we can only choose 4rm flat also. but i think currently it is enuff for me and hubby.

I am still quite weak and recovering from the cough. I dont think it's conventient to visit my hse now. so sorrie abt it.

As for renovation, we choose granite for the whole hse. The reason that we didnt choose ceramic or homogenous tiles is becoz the ceramic tiles might pop up, it happened to my parents hse 7-yrs ago and at least 1 of our neighbour. I heard that 1 neighbour had their tiles pop up just after they renovated the hse, and they have to redo the hse. As for homogenous tiles, it might warp. And we didnt choose parque or laminates becoz if there is water seepage, they will pop up also, it happened to my neighbour's bedrooms. And we didnt choose marble, becoz its expensive to do marble for the whole hse, and in terms of maintenance, it's more troublesome than granite. so we did granite for the whole hse.

We spent abt $12K for the flooring, kitchen cabinet, concrete and ceramic tiles for the kitchen stove and sink (we ddint want to put the sink on top of the kitchen cabinet, afraid that it might collapse over the yesrs, so we did the stove with concrete), timber door for the kitchen and a customised wardrode for the master bedroom.

The renovation, air-con and the furnitures for the whole hse cost us around $25K.

My advice is to come up with a budget for your renovation and spend within the budget. Esp those with a pending wedding ceremony coming up, u will find urself spending a lot of money during this period for the hse renov as well as wedding. so having a budget will help alot.

bearyhugs

Hi deer deer,
Thanks a lot for the tip. Sorry to hear that you were not feeling well. Rest well and we can always arrange again to view your hse when it's convenient.

Wow. You chose granite for the whole hse, think it's a bit too high end for me lei. As I've told you, got a tight budget to work with. N u r right as my customory wedding going to be May next year. So everything happening within a year! A bit stressed now. Did you take any reno loan n I believe your hse was paid via HDB loan too?

bearyhugs

By the way, deer,
Is the water seepage problem still very bad at your hse? It's really scary to hear that even before we move in. I've always wanted a platform at the living rm as in resort style kind and have gotten all the designers I spoke to design platform for my living rm. Now I'm really starting to think twice. But it's been my dream to have one; really hate to give up.

deer_deer

Hi BearyHugs,

What do u intend to use for ur living rm and bedrms? Homogenous tiles and parque? U might have mentioned it in ur previous postings, but i dont hv time to read thru the prev postings, u might want to tell me again, then i can advise u further.

If u r interested in granite, u can actually ask the contractor to quote u the price of granite for whole hse, and homogenous tiles for living rm and parque for bedrms, then u can compare the price.

We did a comparison in price b4, i think the difference is not much, maybe $2-3k or something like this, i cant remember. We feel that in long term, granite flooring will give less problems, so we didnt mind the price difference. Moreover, granite is quite cheap now as compared to 10 yrs back. but one problem with granite is, the flooring is cold, so if u have aged parents or grandparents staying with u, u might need to get them slippers, so that it's not too cold for them to touch the floor.

When i first receive the floor plan, i wanted to do a platform in the living room also, imagine that we can have tea session after dinner at the platform, or just laze there and chit-chat. However, when i got the key and open the door to the hse, i realise how small is the living room, and abandon the idea of having a platform. Have u seen ur hse? Whether it's 4rm or 5 rm, i think the the floor area is pathetic. If u do a platform, it's going to eat into the area for ur sofa and dining table. Use a measuring tape and plan well b4 u start renovation and buying furnitures.

sharlene

Hi Bearyhugs!
Glad you had your delay. I will be collecting my keys on 01/06/2004 but intend to delay again to 07/06/2004.
Ur unit is the one with square kitchen or long kitchen? Is the the square kitchen. I don't really find the bedroom difficult to design leh...consider quite big though compare to many of my friends design. Yes, I will be making a walkin wardrobe.

What's your budget? Mine is initially $30k but after adding on things n many discussion, became $47K+ excluding electical, lightings, sink, hob hod and furnitures. Last time before balloting, my FH and i did went to see the sample flat. Also saw a owners house on 20th floor at our side in resort theme with a platform, quite big area. I will also be doing a platform in my living room at the full height window there. My TV console and Sofa will be place on top of the platform, dun worry, quite big enough as had saw the actual site with this concept as well as had consulted my ID.

My floor will be in Homogenes and bedrooms in parquet. The platform will be in laminate using from the brand Supreme with is very durable even soak in water.

So what's the concept of your house? Ya, I am planning to get married, u know what, mine will be in June and yours in May!! So ciao! I do agree with you that wedding n new hse reno are very siong! SO have you book your BS and Banquet yet?

sharlene

Actually I had seen both 4 room and 5 room.
The 5 room living floor area are much bigger than the 4 room one...thus no problem to have a platform.

bearyhugs

Hi Sharlene,
This is really so ciao! My resort style concept is also the same as yours! We are also planning a platform spanning half the living room and TV console + sofa wil be on the platform but intending to do parquet for the platform.

Oh really, so you are collecting keys now on 7th June instead? Do update us when u go collect your keys. Heard that there's a lot of signing.

So u also getting married next year? So very ciao again. I've booked my BS with GHA and Wedding banquet tentatively booked with Marriott. Still considering merchant court and sheraton. How abt you??

Heh, u know something? I went down to a reno company who also told me my neighbour at 10th floor was going to engage them as their contractor too!! Why so ciao again?? Can PM me for your ID firm name? This is something fishy since the reno com that I went down to is somewhere near bugis area one, not potong pasir lei.

bearyhugs

By the way, mine is the one with the long kitchen. Got some restrictions in reno as we've engaged a geomancer to see our flat so got to hide things like the toilet doors.
Going to cost us a bomb too buidling that feature wall stretching across from common toilet to bomb shelter door.

Any idea if our kitchen tiles are provided? Vanity top at master bedrm is provided right? How about our piping? Are they concealed?

So happy to have another new-found neighbour! So anyone else to this thread! Maybe, next time, we can organize housewarming and mahjong session together. Haha.

tyikkim

Bearyhugs,

Just wanted to inform you that fay had just come back from vacation and has fallen ill...her PC's modem also crashed this morning...*sob* sob*...that's why she's been MIA for a while...dun worry, I have been updating her on the progress of this thread...

She'll only be back sooner...
happy.gif

blurunicorn

Hi ppl,

Me and my FH have already got our flat ..
Our 5Rm flat in 108B is facing the sch compound so we got a green view from every room ..
Juz wana to tell u all that the 2 bathrooms are fully euipped with floor and wall tiles ..
Only floor tiles are done for kitchen ..
The colour of the tiles and toilet bowls is peach so no worries abt obiang colour ..
We haven't done our reno yet ..
That's all folks ..

deer_deer

Hi Sharlene,

I saw u mention that u r considering Supreme for laminates, maybe u can search thru this forum and look at some of the comments abt Supreme.

I have considered doing laminates b4, so i have read thru some of the comments b4.

There r many other brands for laminates in the market, search for the keyword laminates in the renovation forum, you shld be able to find some.

Another thing to check once u get ur keys are the kitchen tiles. My neighbours found out that they have a crack in their kitchen tile, and the crack actually lead to bigger cracks in the adjoining tiles during renovation. Hence in the end, they have to call hdb down to change all the cracked tiles for them.

Actually there is an ID called Everlink near our blocks. I have been to them b4, i actually find the boss quite nice. but in the end i signed up with another contractor becoz of abt $2k difference in price. I really regretted it, coz my contractor is really a con-man. Many times i wonder whether i will have an easier time if i have signed up with Everlink. But if u let me choose again, i think i will go to Everlink, after all, they r near the flat, so can get them easily if anything wrong with the renov.

bearyhugs

Hi Unicorn,
Thanks and welcome to the thread! So yours is also a 5 rm and confirm that kitchen floor tiles are provided? Oh no, I got all my ID reno firms to design n quote me for kitchen floor tiles. Now got to get them to change already. How abt the master bedrm's bathroom vanity top? Is it provided too? So you guys have gotten keys to the new flat and inspected the flat already? Any experiences to share like cracked tiles what deer had mentioned or any water seepage problems for your side? So yours is the one facing the sch compound. Which floor are u staying at?
By the way, not sure if you know, but for my flat and I believe sharlene's one too, that side facing the CTE with the long kitchen actually cost more than other 5 rm flats at the same level. Any idea why huh?

Can I ask if anyone of you ask for an auspicious date to first step into a new flat?

Thanks Deer for the everlink rec. I've heard quite good reviews abt them too. Not sure if I really want to go down to discuss as I've approached 5 IDs so far, getting so tired meeting up with these ppl. Deer, what do you think of parquet platform at the living then?

bearyhugs

Greg, do send my regards to Fay. R u her FH by the way? How do u know tat she's not in the pink of health lately?
Hmmm...........