Mcnair Rd new flat owners??

tyikkim

bearyhugs, yes I am her FH...don't worry, I had already showered her with TLC this evening after work....heheh...don't mean to be mushy here...but after all, this is a bridal forum...what better place than this??

bearyhugs

Hi Greg,
So I see, actually, I should have guessed so. Since Fay did send me an email earlier telling me abt her BS and wedding banquet location. It's the same as what you've registered in this brides forum too.

Take care, u both. Hope she's taking her medicines regularly. Occupational hazard for me. I believe she should have told you what I'm working as. : >
Free consults for her medicines if she has any doubts. : >

sharlene

bearyhugs
U working as a nurse? How old are u har? :p
Hee

Actually my unit is not the long kitchen, it is the square kitchen. Very tiring to go to so many ID leh... Kitchen tiles are not provided, only wall tiles. Vanity top also provided, pink color though. What is your email, I email u my ID firm name.

I had attended Sheraton and Marriott before. Both are not bad. Ballroom wise, I think Sheraton nicer as it looks more new. The cod fish under Sheraton menu is very nice!! yummy...
happy.gif

Hi Unicorn, your selection is it on the first day?

Hi Greg, pass my regards to Fay. U are really a loving FH leh.....so envious! When are both of you getting married?

Hi Deer,

Read the forum already, mine is using Supreme but are done by our ID firm. My designer told me that Supreme is the best brand and so far no complains from his customers thus quite ok,

Las

tyikkim

This msg is from Fay:

"Thank you all for the well wishes. I am very frustrated that the modem doesn't work."

Sharlene - We are having both the church wedding and dinner banquet on the same day....26 Feb 2005.

bearyhugs

Hi Sharlene,
I guessed as much that from my description, it looked as though I'm a nurse. Nope, pharmacist here. Would be 27 after this yr's BD. Sigh.... getting older......

Heh, r u sure that kitchen floor tiles not provided? Looking at the msg posted by Unicorn earlier, she mentioned that kitchen floor tiles provided lei. Hmm... think we need a bit of help here. So is it floor or wall tiles here??

Fay, don't worry. Take good rest, drink lots of water and sweet dreams! U have Greg to update you on our mails.

deer_deer

Hi BearyHugs,

Is ur flat a 5rm flat? I m not sure how big u want ur platform to be. But i have seen my friend's hse, an executive apartment, he knocked down the balcony and the study rm and joined with the living rm, hence their flat got a big living rm, they did a platform using parquet at one corner, and they put pillows on the platform. I like that corner very much, very cozy. Becoz the living rm is very big, they still got plenty of space for sofa and dining table. The whole hse look very spacious and cozy.

but one thing, when the contractor vanish the parquet on the platform, they kind of stain the marble with the vanish, hence the marble is a bit brownish around the platform. But it cant be help.

So if u r doing homogenous tiles in the living rm and a platform on top, ask ur contractor be more careful. Homogenous tiles also quite difficult to remove stains.

So u know something abt medicine? Can i ask u a qn regarding medicine? I was having a bad cough for the last 2 wks, and i went to see a GP. I told the GP i m 11 weeks plus pregnant. And i ask whether the medicine tt he prescribed can be taken during pregnancy. He said no problem. but when i checked the internet, i found out that the cough mixture ingredients not supposed to be taken during pregnancy, and the plemge tablet ingredient shld be avoided during 1st trimester.

I didnt take the cough mixture, but i took one tablet of the plemge medicine b4 finding out tt it shld be avoided. I feel very bad. but when i search further, i found that an Australia website actually said that the ingredient is safe for pregnancy. Now i m very confused.
I called my gynae, but the nurse told me that since the GP said can take, then it shld be ok.

I wonder whether u know of this medicine called Vasican, meant for muscus and plegm, do u think it's safe for pregnancy? Thanks.

blurunicorn

Bearyhugs:
Sorry for the typo errors ..
The floor tiles for kitchen is not provided but the wall tiles are provied ..
Paiseh .. typed too fast ..
Our kitchen is the long type ...
We entered the new flat on Good Fri but we din really choose any dates for the first day opening coz it was coindental that Good fri was a public holiday and a good day as well ..

Sharlene:
Nope, my selection is on the 2nd day ..
At ard 11.00 am ..

fay

hello all, thanks again for all the well wishes.. i'm much better now, although my modem still doesnt work and i'm now in greg's house to check mail and so just popped by awhile.

unicorn, u mean your unit doesnt have floor tiles provided for kitchen? the one we visited (4rm) in blk 108B had floor and wall tiles for both kitchen and bathroom leh. and thankfully, they were in a beigy colour...

sharlene, greg and i getting married next feb, after cny... very stress cos have a lot of things to do at the same time!! reno + photoshoot (must mei mei) + buy furniture + coordinate dinner .....

greg is saying now as i type this that we should all go get our furniture together so that we can have bulk discount!

oh yah bearyhugs, colonial antique is behind the balestier cinemas, at one of the backlanes. btw, you got mail
happy.gif

blurunicorn

Fay:
Nope, the kitchen's floor tiles are not provided by HDB .. Only the bathrooms are fully covered with wall and floor tiles ..
The color is not beige .. more like peach ..
Is the flat that u visited has already been renovated ??

bearyhugs

Hi all,
Glad that this thread is moving fast. Hopefully, we can get more neighbours staying at both blks to join in. Yeah, then we can certainly arrange to get bulk discounts for furniture! Esp when we seem to be looking at teak furniture or resort like furniture. : >

Unicorn, I think Fay is refering to 4rm. In fact, I did check with a lot of ID. Usually 4 rm comes with kitchen and bathrom tiles but not for 5rm. So sad.... Unicorn, have you decided on your ID reno firm? Your selection also on the 2nd day? Me too. Then I'm sure we would have seen each other. Like what Fay said, we were hovering and hogging ard the PC to check for updates every 5 mins!

Fay, U've got mail too. Oh, I know where is that colonial antique already. How do you know abt that "ulu" place huh? Yes, I've managed to get my FH to call HDB; managed to postpone collection of keys now to 17th June. No more postponing liao. Don't know why I have to spend so much efforts in postponing my collecting keys whereas my FH just make a call and settle everything in a split sec. Think the officer likes his voice better.

bearyhugs

Oh deer,
Forgot to offer my advice. First of all, congrats to yur pregnancy! While the rest of us are planning our marriage and reno, you seem to have settled everything and now even getting pregnant! Congrats!

By the way, Vasican is quite safe for pregnancy. So you don't really have to worry. What I'm concerned is the cough syrup. Most cough syrup are not safe for use in pregnancy esp when you are in the first trimester. It's better to seek advice from a pharmacist if you have doubts with your meds. Hope this helps. It might be better if you could tell me the cough mixture u are taking.

Take care hor. Think by the time I move in officially after my customary wedding next year, I would be able to see your baby already!

bearyhugs

Just to collate some data:
1. Bearyhugs (Blk 108B - 10th floor, 5 rm)
ROM - Dec 2004. AD - May 2005
2. Fay & Greg (Blk 108B - 8th floor, 4 rm)
ROM & AD - Feb 2005
3. Deer (Blk 108C - above 20th floor, 4 rm)
Happily married and pregnant now.
4. Sharlene (Blk 108B - 27th floor, 5 rm)
ROM - ???. AD - June 2005
5. Unicorn (Blk 108B - ?? floor, 5 rm)
ROM - ???. AD - ???

Anyone care to add on to our list? We can easily form our mahjong kaki at our neighbourhood already. : >

sharlene

1. Bearyhugs (Blk 108B - 10th floor, 5 rm)
2. Fay & Greg (Blk 108B - 8th floor, 4 rm)
ROM & AD - Feb 2005
3. Deer (Blk 108C - above 20th floor, 4 rm)
4. Sharlene (Blk 108B - 27th floor, 5 rm)
ROM - July 2004. AD - June 2005
5. Unicorn (Blk 108C - ?? floor, 5 rm)
ROM - ???. AD - Oct 2004

Hi,
I will be getting my resort style furniture with Natural Living. Already eyeing the sofa and the dining table and chairs already! :p

5rm flat floor tiles for kitchen are not provided.

So pple, when are u pple starting renovation?

Fay,
U recovering ah....must take care hor
happy.gif

When will u be collecting your keys?

Anyone can advise 108B facing CTE there, is the west sun very hot?

Bearyhug....
I am same age as u
happy.gif
think Fay also same age as me? hee hee......probably may hv seen you pple when we go around inspecting the units before our selection of flat at the actual site?

deer_deer

Hi BearyHugs,

Thanks for the advice. I cant really remember the cough mixture name, i think it's something like Dhxxxx, it is codeine-laced, when i found out that codeine is addictive, and shld be avoided during pregnancy, i didnt take the medicine.

I took bird nest and is much better now. Still got a bit of cough, but is under control now. Really hope tt i can recover soon.

Wow, it seems like there will be many young couples in the 2 blks ;)
Since most of u r getting married next yr, in fact, it's very fortunate that u got ur flats earlier, then u can settle the renovation first b4 planning for ur wedding. And after wedding u can settle down fast.

If u like resort style furnitures, maybe u can try Picket and Rail (P&R). I bought some of my furnitures with them. During then, they were having 2nd anniversary sale, so the price was very reasonable. But i have some delivery problems with them. They do deliver on the appointed day, but not on time, sometimes they r 4-5 hrs late.

I think i still have some vouchures from P&R, after buying quite a no. of items fr them. If u r getting ur furnitures fr P&R, let me know, i will go and dig out those vouchures.

bearyhugs

Hi sharlene,
My flat also facing the CTE. Went there in the evenings many times while jogging. It seems terribly hot!! I was preparing for really thick curtains or blinds at the living room already.
BTW, Fay is one yr younger than us. SO where is Natural Living? How come you guys are able to know what furniture to get even before reno? Our ID were telling us to complete our reno first then source for furniture. So we've not been shopping for furniture at all. Oh no, another big headache. Where are you intending to hold your wedding banquet and your BS booked already? How abt your ROM? Holding it at the ROM premises or outside?

Deer, I think the cough syrup u mentioned is Dhasedyl. I strongly would not recommend that to pregnant ladies esp in their first trimester. Think you would do better by drinking lots of water. Glad to know you are recovering. Luckily, u didn't take the syrup.

Anyone of you are regular joggers? Next time, we can organize jogging sessions round our neighbourhood liao.

fay

hi all,
yup recovering now, will take care and rest more and drink more water. the weather is terrible... so hot!

bearyhugs, yah i'm a jogger too. i used to jog around the canal just in front of the open field where our 2 blks are facing.. yay! next time have jogging kakis on top of mahjong kakis!

yah sharlene, very likely that we might have come across each other when we were at the blks trying to shortlist our units... i remember seeing quite a few young couples when we were there.
in fact the current residents there are quite friendly. we got a lot of friendly invitations by uncles and aunties who live in the blks to go and view thier flats.. very kampong spirit..

hi unicorn,
the 4rm flat that we visited was not renovated yet. the couple also just received their keys... think like what bearyhugs said, 4rm units come with the floor and wall tiles and the 5rm ones dont...

hi deer, congrats on your pregnancy! must share more on the experience with the rest of us!

fay

oh sharlene, we collecting keys in july. havent received the letter from hdb yet so don't know the exact date.

sharlene

Hi Fay,
How come u not yet receive the letter? Why so late? Then how u know collecting in July since not yet receive letter? Ya, alot neighbours very friendly, had seen abt 3-4 units already. But i realise neighbours in 108C are mostly elderly. so where is your flat facing?

Woa.....u gals love to jog..heheh I hate to jog leh...So i guess both bearyhug n fay are very slim!!

Bearyhug,
We already know what theme n design we want for the house, thus when we go source furniture, we go according to our theme. We also never really in particular to find, just when we went shopping, will walk in to those furniture shop to see see look look to get some ideas, then when we came acroos those that we like, we fell in love immediately. We also had ask our ID on the size and space, thus it suits n fits.

I am with Divine Couture for BS and will be having banquet at Fullerton. My ROM will be held at the ROM premises. How come u guys can delay the ROM for so long? Thought after collection keys, need to ROM within 3 months? That's why our ROM are almost a yr ahead of customary.

bearyhugs

Hi all,
Fay - glad to know I've another partner for jogging now. I always have a hard time dragging my brother along and my mum feels tat it's not too safe for girls to jog there in the evening as it's kindof deserted there. I mean the canal linking to the whampoa connector. I also have the Civil Service Club card so we can arrange for swimming sessions next time too. Since pool is so very near n the pool is so much cleaner with hot showers too.

Sharlene,
Wow. So u've settled your BS and Wed Banq already. How much is it per table at Fullerton? Must be on the high side right? We are stil busy sourcing for our hotels. Hard time deciding between Marriott and Regent now. Both offers are similar and so attractive in their own ways.
BTW, you were asking how we can postpone our ROM right? We've checked with HDB who says if we can produce evidence that we've booked our wed banquet for next yr then we can hold our ROM anytime before the wed banq. Think they seem to be flexible on that. Moreover, I'm having exams in Sept so can't seen to find time for it before that. My FH also got to on duty travel before that.

Unicorn,
When are u starting your reno?
Your ROM and AD?

Deer,
Take care. Hope you are taking calcium and folic acid supplements. It's good for both mother and baby.

bearyhugs

Sorry,
Just realized Unicorn's AD is in Oct 04. So where is your wed banq and your BS?

Yeah, I also agree that most residents are elderly folks at blk 108C. Most are from the en-bloc from previous exercise. Heard from my mum's fren staying at blk 108C that the blk was generally more popular among the elderly residents compared to Blk 108b. Think u can also see them gathering at the void deck of blk 108C. They even have chairs and tables there too. Always seem to be seeing this Indian big-sized guy, quite friendly guy who is well-versed in all 4 languages it seems at the void deck. He can even speak fluent Hokkien n rem seeing him on TV when they went ard to interview on water seepage problems at our area.

blurunicorn

Bearyhugs:
Most likely to ROM on AD ..
Haven't write the letter to HDB yet ..
Will write to them in June .. within the 3 mths' grace ..
Banquet is at Marina Mandarin ..
Still looking for reno .. Haven't shortlisted any yet ..
Might be taking a look at Everlink, since it is so near ..

sharlene

Hi Bearyhug,
oh din know can delay ROM, but we already fix our ROM date n had informed some close friends, dunno wants to change or not leh....coz we initially hope the ROM n customary not too long apart.

Had been to Regent and Marriott. Marriott location is better, but Regent's food and service are excellent. Up us updated when u finally decide!

Seems like in this thread, I amd the latest to get my customary....

Hi all,

Is the seepage problem still exist? Din't know that TV got interview leh... Quite worried now.

sharlene

Hi Bearyhug,
oh din know can delay ROM, but we already fix our ROM date n had informed some close friends, dunno wants to change or not leh....coz we initially hope the ROM n customary not too long apart.

Had been to Regent and Marriott. Marriott location is better, but Regent's food and service are excellent. Up us updated when u finally decide!

Seems like in this thread, I amd the latest to get my customary....

Hi all,

Is the seepage problem still exist? Din't know that TV got interview leh... Quite worried now.

bearyhugs

Thanks, Sharlene,
Quite a bit of headache trying to decide between the two hotels. Regent coming up with some very unique themes and ideas for their wedding banq next yr but the date that we were looking at had been taken. So sad.... Our alternative date would be on 10th June then. Regent is throwing in lots of things for us too like beer and wine. So attractive but I do have to agree that Marriott wins in its location wise. Will update u guys once we've decided.

Just went to meet up with a reno contractor rec by my colleague. Previously from Darwin too. Waiting for his design and quotation next week.

Think the water seepage problem is more prominent during rainy days. But we've spoken to lots of residents there who mentioned that so long as we close our windows, there won't be any problems.

Unicorn, do update us when u've decided on your reno too. Tell us your experience with Everlink hor.

blurunicorn

Bearyghugs:
Sure, no prob ..
Btw, try to fix your bqt early coz good dates are often taken up ..
Will try to visit the flat after heavy downpours to see w/r the water seepage is really tt bad or not ..
Espy when all the windows are not blocked by any building ..

So everyone is staying very near McNair ??

sharlene

Hi Unicorn,
update us the seepage problem ya? How old are u
happy.gif

I stay at Hougang now, think Fay and bearyhug stays near to mcnair rd. Where u stay?

bearyhugs

Yeap,
I'm staying at Whampoa Dr. Been staying here eversince I was born. Never moved house at all. Workplace also within walking distance.
Have been eyeing these two blks eversince they were up and I've been telling my FH that it would be my dream to get our future home there. Finally, when the ballot came, u should have imagined our excitement. I would specially run there to view the flats when I jog and even when I swim at the CSC club, I would be staring at the blks dreaming abt staying there.
That's how crazy I am. : >

blurunicorn

Sharleen / Bearyhugs:
I'm currently staying at Towner Rd ..
Pretty near the 2 blks, within 3mins of walking distance ..
Shdn't have no prob moving in ...
wink.gif

Same here, had been eyeing on the 2 blks since they started building ..
I'm going to be 26 this yr ... Pretty old ..
embarrassed.gif

How abt the rest ??

fay

hello all, i'm actually not staying in the area but greg stays at towner road too, so neighbour to unicorn. i stay in serangoon north, nearer to hougang and sharlene.

sharlene, we wrote to hdb to delay the key collection and they just replied that it has been delayed to july, but didnt tell us exact date. they mentioned they would send another letter closer to the date. so far no letter yet.

hey unicorn, think you and i same age. i'm also 26 this year.

blurunicorn

Bearyhugs / fay :
Seems like it is the norm to get married at ard 25-28 ..
Hmm .. do u all study in the nieghbourood schs ??
Perhaps we are ex-schoolmates before ??

deer_deer

Hi BearyHugs,

Thanks for the advice, i am taking calcium and folic acid supplements at the moment. And yes, the cough mixture is the one that u mentioned. I m glad that i didnt take it. But still feel very guilty taking one tablet of vasican, shld have been more careful.

As for the seepage problem that all of u r so concerned abt, maybe i can offer some details abt my hse seepage.

For my hse, the seepage is caused by both the building design fault and the windows.

If u have been inside the main bedroom and look at the outer wall of the 2nd bedroom, u will notice that there are lines of the walls with gaps. those gaps are meant to let rain water from the roof to flow out. However, for my flat, the water did not manage to flow out but instead when it rains the rain water seep into those gaps and caused seepage problems to my 2nd bedroom. It took 3 complaints for them to discover the problems and finally cleared the water retained underneath my 2nd bedroom. And now the gaps for my 2nd bedroom are being sealed, i guess the water cannot flow out by itself, so they seal the gaps to prevent rain water from going in.

As for my other bedrooms and the living room, there r cracks on the outside wall, so when it rains, the rain water seep into the corners of my other bedrooms and the living room. After they have mended the cracks, there r still seepage problems, and they found out that it was becoz of there are cracks in between the wall and the windows, so they sealed them up also.

They also believe that due to the design of the flat, water can seep thru windows easily, so they put a small shield on the outer wall, so that the rain water will hit on the shield first, b4 too much rain water hitting on the windows.

Altogether HDB came down to my hse 7-8 times (including the one last time they came down last Sat, they said it's the last time, unless we encounter seepage problems again). And i hope all these work will solve the problems.

bearyhugs

Wow, Deer,
Firstly, don't think you need to feel guilty taking the vasican tablets as it's quite safe for use in pregnancy.

But the water seepage problems u mentioned sounds horrid. As I was reading thru, it looked like some kind of old "attap-houses" that you are living in. Would ours turn out like that too?
Praying hard now.

BTW, sharlene, my ID reno com jus called me to inform me that the flat at level 12, directly above mine and below yours had started reno already and they've engaged them. As for my direct neighbour, they seemed to have started reno too but not using my ID reno firm.
ID was telling me tat the bathrm floor tiles are very ugly; prone to stains too and he suggested that I should overlay them. How ahh???

blurunicorn

Bearyhugs:
Which ID did u contact ??
I think the toilet tiles are okay ..
Perhaps it is better that u see the tiles yourself before committing to overlay the tiles ..
Juz my cents of tots ..

sharlene

Hi Bearyhugs,
My ID package was inclusive of overlay of the floor tiles in the bathroom. Ever heard advise from friends that HDB floor tiles in toilet are not lasting and many advise to overlay. But its really up to individual. Whats your budget?

Hi Fay,
Both bearyhug and me are coming 27 this year, even older than u
happy.gif
Just wondering why are you pple eyeing these 2 blks even when they are still building? Is it becoz its near to your current parent's house or becoz of the design?

As I am not staying that area before, I am rather concern with the facilities nearby which u gals may help. Is there any public swimming pool within walking distance around the new flat? Also my mum was complaining that had to walk very far to go buy food for makan as we mostly eat outside...any advise?

Deer...
What u describe really scares me.....are all units affected or only certain units? Wonder those unoccupied units have such problems? Now I know why are their railings outside the full height windows, which previously i thought was quite unsightly and only 13 floor above then have. But thought most new flats now are full height windows, is it becoz of this design that cause water seepage problem?

Oh dear, my intention of 2nd bedroom is to convert to study room with alot carpentary and suspended cabinets....wonder will the seepage spoils it? Are the water sipping in alot?

bearyhugs

Hi Sharlene,
Only the CSC swimming pool that is the nearest and within walking distance. Otherwise, I guess it would be either Tao Payoh or Jalan Bersah swimming pool. As for food, I thought the Bendemeer mall has very good food but they are opened only during daytime. Guess at night, the nearest one would be Lavendar foodcourt or further down Upper serangoon rd, there's prata. Not forgetting Whampoa market n hawker centre where there's nice foodfare like the famous Rojak.

deer_deer

Hi All,

I dont mean to cause alarm and fear in all of u with my hse seepage problem. What i describe may sound horrible, but besides the seepage in my 2nd bedroom, the rest of the corners are really not serious. The seepage at those corners didnt seep very far, only the corners. but no matter what, we still need hdb to resolve them, coz after the warranty period, u will have to take care of the problems urself. And if seepage problems not resolved, whether it is serious or not, it will cause the paint in the hse to peel.

The railings at the bottom of the full height windows r meant for safety measure, they r not used to solve the seepage problem, nor it the cause of the seepage problem, i believe. But nowaday u might notice that at the top of the full height windows, there is a grey color shield, not sure whether Blk 108B has it, but Blk 108C living rooms full height windows have it, they added the shields after many residents complain abt the rain water seep thru the windows.

Actually if it is not becoz we did granite for the bedroom, we wouldnt have discovered the seepage problem in the 2nd bedroom. Becoz granite will turn color once it touches water, it's only when the water dried up, then it will change back to normal color. So after we have laid our granites at the 2nd bedroom, a stretch of 3 granites at the edge of the wall were consistenly dark colored. Initially we thought the tiles got problems, but after 2 weeks it still wont go away, we demanded our contractors to hack them and relaid. And during then it kept raining becoz of moonsoon season. Then my contractor suspected that it must be seepage problems, since the wall is being hit by rain water, and there r lines of gaps on the wall which we can see fr our main bedroom. Even though my contractor is a con-man, but his resoning sounds logical, so we asked hdb to come down and take a look. And it took them 3 trips and more than 1 month to solve the problem. we were really relieved when we saw the dark color patches slowly diasppeared (which means the water seepage beneath our granites had dried up). And there is no more additional water adding onto it even though it was still raining season, becoz they sealed up our line of gap.

We r actually quite lucky to have done granites for the whole hse, otherwise, we wont be able to discover the seepage in the 2nd bedroom if we have done homogenous or ceramic tiles. But if we have laminates or parquet, then it will popup.

Actually when i look out fr the main bedrooms, i can see that the floor above me and the floor below, they dont have their gaps sealed up, so i wonder whether is it only the gap at my level retain water and not the rest of the units?? Or the gaps at other units also retain water, but becoz they didnt discover it, so the water just kept underneath their tiles without them knowing??
For this i really dont know, but somehow i feel that it is a stupid design to leave gaps on the wall of the flat, esp when singapore rains the whole yr round.

Actually whether ur hse will have seepage problems, it really take some time to find out. Becoz different period of the yr, the rain hit the hse at different directions. For example, during moonsoon season, the rain was hitting the side of the wall of my 2nd bedroom, so we dont have problems with the living room windows. But when the direction of the rain changed during Mar-Apr this yr, then the design of the windows and the cracks between the windows and the wall at the outer wall (which we cant see) will show the seepage problem in the living rm. So i guess u just have to monitor ur hse closely for the 1st half yr when u shift in, u might or might not have seepage problems, depending on which side ur hse is facing, and whether the direction of the rain is hitting ur hse. Shalene, ur unit and my unit might face diff direction, so what happened to my 2nd bedrm might not happen to u.

Pls dont be over bothered with the seepage problems, if it happened, then call hdb down and solve it quickly. If it doesnt happen to ur hse, then u r very lucky
happy.gif

fay

hi all, really hoping that we wont have the same water seepage problems cos we are intending to use homogenous tiles for living room and parquet for all the bedrooms.. we;ll have major major problems if the water seeps like what deer has described.. and not only the tiles, but i guess it'll just be a mess and so troublesome to solve.

sharlene, i guess i dont really know about the facilities as well as bearyhugs cos i dont live there, but it seems better than moving into a new estate i suppose, since there are already existing facilities like econ mini-mart across boon keng road and bendemeer market nearby. oh... i like to shop for toiletries at mustafa cos they're so much cheaper! there is also a sheng shiong hypermart at the new tekka mall... it's not too far off, about 5 minutes drive.. or 1 stop by mrt. apart from the hawker centres bearyhugs mentioned, there is also a kfc just in front of boonkeng mrt and a macdonalds across the road for those days that you feel like being unhealthy... heehee...

hey did you all hear anything about hdb intention to develop the empty field infront of the 2 blks? we met a resident who said they heard it might be turned into a market.... i'm hoping it wont be cos i wouldnt want to be staying in front of a market! esp since i'm only on 8 flr!

fay

oh sharlene, why we eyed the 2 blks is cos his parents stay at towner road and he has been eyeing it for the longest time. infact he actually set the hdb website as his homepage so that everytime he switched on the computer, he would see if the flats were released for balloting.
it was quite funny.. the night the annoucement was flashed online, he called me and made me go over (at 10pm!) to see the units and decide if we wanted any. but guess what!! we were not the first people there! cos there was already another couple doing the same thing at 10plus that night!!! hahaha

fay

hi Ling, welcome!
so you just got your keys? which blk and what floor you on? 4rm or 5rm? have you been into your unit yet?

blurunicorn

Ling:
Welcome ..
I've got my keys as well ..
Planning for your reno yet ??
You can add your details here ...

<font color="0077aa">1. Bearyhugs</font> (Blk 108B - 10th floor, 5 rm)
<font color="0077aa">2. Fay &amp; Greg</font> (Blk 108B - 8th floor, 4 rm)
ROM &amp; AD - Feb 2005
<font color="0077aa">3. Deer</font> (Blk 108C - above 20th floor, 4 rm)
<font color="0077aa">4. Sharlene</font> (Blk 108B - 27th floor, 5 rm)
ROM - July 2004. AD - June 2005
<font color="0077aa">5. Unicorn</font> (Blk 108C - ?? floor, 5 rm)
ROM / AD - Oct 2004

Fay:
We are not as enthusiatic as u but we did eye on the blks from the day they are built ..
In fact, we din noe abt the ballot until my SIL called my FH ..
Then we registered on the first day of ballot ..
So everyday, we juz checked the website at the stated time ...
Hoping that the ballot nos dun jump ..
Pretty worried during the waiting time ..
Coz we dun really wan to buy Sengkang or Punggol flat as they are too far away from our parents ..
We are very glad that we managed to get the flat ...
If I dun remember wrongly, HDB is developing new flats ...
Coz HDB had displayed the future plan for the land when we were there for info ...

Sharlene:
Dun have much recreational areas ard McNair ..
But we are pretty close to town areas, espy Orchard or City Hall ...

Deer:
Still hoping for a heavy downpour to check the severity of the water seepage at my hse ..

bearyhugs

Hi all,
Ling, welcome to our thread!! Since you've gotten your keys, do share with us wat faults u find at your new house? Yours 4 or 5 rm?

Guess some are really so crazy like me who've been wanting the 2 blks all the while, right Fay?
Oh yeah, I did hear from some of the residents that HDB is building some high rise flats at the green patch in front. That's one of the reason why flats facing that side are slightly cheaper than compared to those facing the CTE on the same level. Rem my earlier posts? Not sure if this is really true.
I also heard that they have plans to renovate Bendemeer wet market for abt 6 - 9 months. So be prepared.

Hi Deer,
Thanks for the advice on the water seepage problems again. Think must really make a trip down to your hse or wait till we all get our keys to fully understand what u meant. So are we arranging to go to your hse when u feel better? Haha...

Sharlene, we've been eyeing the two blks as it's near my parents place n of course, we can apply for the MCPS scheme where we only need to pay for 10% downpayment. Guess the rest of u who's staying near also applied for the same right?
Actually, the place does carry fond memories for both me and my FH. We both got to know each other at Kallang CC while studying for A's exams. Hence, the neighbourhood was kindof our hangout place many years back. : >

So shacked out from work today.

sharlene

Hi Ling,
U stay which floor, getting married?

Hi folks, managed to delay my keys again till 07/06
happy.gif
Do most of u got your flat from priorty scheme?

I like the idea of new market. My current house in Hougang has a market in front, now staying 3rd story but quite ok, very convinient n most importantly the whole precint won't be so quiet.

Bearyhug,
where is CSC? need join member? Those facilities u all mentioned to me are consider too far already. Maybe I am used to very convenient and near facilities at my current house here. Even my mum complain to have to go Bendemeer market to buy food is so far alway! Somemore we don't drive. Places like Whampoa market have some nice food but not convenient to travel there from the new house.....

sunnysummer

Hi all
Thanks for the warm welcome into the new neighbourhood
happy.gif

I got to know about this website and thread through my cousin who just got married. So unlike all of you, I'll be shifting in with my whole family (parents &amp; bro). So in case you are wondering, there is no ROM/FH/AD ;P

My block is 108B, 5 Room. Went over to see my house on Sat &amp; Sun after getting my keys on Fri!

Need some advice here - is there anything i should pay particular attention to when checking for defects? There is no visible defects (like cracklines etc)but i do have some locking problems with the window in the living room. Anything else i should note or check for? I need to go down to report the defects to HDB very very soon (within 7 days of collecting keys)!

Haven't decided on the reno yet. Been to Hbay immediately after gettin the keys. Spoke to a contractor/ID that was stationed there but nothing much. Went to Darwin at Hiap Huat after i first went to see the unit on sat. the ID seems sincere and helpful....(any comments about Darwin?) Thinking of researching more before deciding. Any idea what is a reasonable budget for reno of 5 RM?

fay

hello hello...
yah bearyhugs, i feel a bit paiseh to pecah lobang on how kiasu we were.... hahaha... but yah lor, that's what really happened..

wah wah... love story all come out already ah, bearyhugs... so actually your new home will be filled with nostalgia about how you met your fh hor.. hehe

yah sharlene, we applied under the MCPS scheme so it might have helped us to get into the ballot in the first place.

yah unicorn, we also checked the website daily to see how many people applied... and we were quite horrified to find out that about 400plus people applied when there were only 56 available 4 rm units!
like you, we were also quite worried that we might not get it lor... but quite heng, i must say... so... congratulations to all of us!!
happy.gif

bearyhugs

Hi Fay,
I would have to say tat u guys r really lucky. In fact, we had wanted to go for 4rm too initially since it's only the two of us staying but seeing the chances being so slim, we went for the 5rm instead so as to get a unit no matter what. (Die Die also must get attitude)

Hi Ling,
I think I know who u r. U staying on the 8th floor right? So how was your discussion with Darwin? Did u look for the one recommended by your cousin? Actually, Darwin is quite reasonable in terms of pricing. My mum's friend is using them for their reno at new flat at Kim Keat. Completing soon in another 2 weeks. So far quite ok with their service; prices are negotiable; rem to bargain more.... The good thing is they offer Burmese teak for their parquet flooring n not Indonesian teak which is of slightly lower quality. But I think it's a good start at HBay as they give free reno advice as well as tips to choose tiles, curtain, painting all the way to walk-in wardrobes too. Join their fun tour to find out more. Only $50 per couple and fully refundable when u go for the tour.

Hope this helps.

sunnysummer

Hi Bearyhugs
Bingo! How did you find out its me? Are we located on the same side? I kinda guess it was you when I first read through the messages on the forum. My cousin emailed me very useful information which I am still trying to digest (he has seen my unit last Sun). Haven’t spoken to the contact that he has given me yet as I’m still trying to settle the defects with HDB first before proceeding on with the IDs.

How many ID have you seen so far?

Hi Fay
So have you seen your unit yet?
Any problems with it? Have you started reno yet?

Hello Sharlene
Got to know about this site &amp; thread through my cousin who just got married. So not quite my turn yet
happy.gif

I’ve been to the 27th floor at your block and the view is absolutely fabulous and its quite windy there too!

Deer – Congratulations! When is the baby due?