Mattress

help

Hi gals,

Do you all think that mattress from King Koil is good? Is $600 - $700 a good price to spend for a queen size mattress, pocketed spring from King Koil. Do anyone know of any good offers around?

Thanks

L

lig

Talking about mattress...how does the company bring the King size mattress into the lift to bring to my flat? Are you sure they don't use the stairs? I looked clearly inside the lift, no..no..I don't think King Size can fit in, so how? any clues :)

C

chin leng

Hi Lig,

The delievery people just managed to squeeze in my queen size matteress into the HDB elevator. If they can't squeeze in the mattress, they would have moved it up the stairs. I hope you are not staying on high floor. :)

Regards,
Chin Leng.

ixwong

I think, for pocketed-spring, they will squeeze it into the lift (that's what they did to my king-sized), but for non-pocketed spring, they got to go by stairs cos the spring will get damaged when squeezed.

help

Hi, is a king sized mattress suitable for a HDB flat nowadays? I have a 5-room new HDB flat in sengkang and i think the bedrooms are quite small. Don't know whether can fit in anot???

tulips

hi ixwong

wow... i din know that they can squeeze a king size mattress into the lift!!

last sat, we placed an order for King Koil's pocketed spring king size mattress with bedframe. i was still wondering how are they going to bring the mattress up 12th floor.

help

Hi Tulips,

which model did you chose, where did u get it and how much u paid for the mattress?

i'm thinking of getting the 'Royal Sleep Classic' from king koil as well but not sure whether to get king size or queen size.

tulips

hi help

i can't rem the model name. i was doing my 1st shopping trip for bed when i chance upon it @ seiyu bugis junction.

the sales guy was telling us that they're having 15% discount on all their king koil bed. we happen to see 1 bed frame which we like and we're quoted $2300+K for it. it comprises of leather bedframe & king size mattress. 2 free pillows, bloster, and mattress protector are thrown in free.

after walking a few rounds and some discussion with my hubby, we went back to pay deposit. we can even change the colour of the bedframe just 2 weeks before delivery.

i think the guy told us to take 'Firm 1' mattress as he said that its very good already.

have u made any enquires on king koil? i don't know if the price i pay is the market rate but it does sound reasonable to us thats why we made a deposit there and then.

i think if u like to roll on the bed, better to have king size as u'll have abit more space. ;P

help

Hi Tulips,

Yup, we saw their king koil beds just last weekend and i think they now having a discount which i saw at Safe Superstore is 20% (dont know whether it applies to bedframe as well) cos i'm only interested in the mattress hahaha..

anyway i dont really like their bedframes cos i prefer those without leather type but with cushioned headboard which is quite hard to find (most bedframes i saw have wooden headboards, we are quite afriad of hitting our heads on it haha) but i think if get everything at one go is a better package than separately lor... so yours seems a good bargain.

my hubby actually prefers a king size bed cos he used to sleep on queen size alone so it may not be comfy for 2 persons now haha... he needs lots of space.

i think we're going to measure the bedroom size first before deciding which size to buy :)

thanks everyone for the info.

tulips

hi help

wow! 20%!! how much is price of their mattress (king) after discount?

hee..hee..ya, i know what u mean. i was also afraid of hitting my head on the wooden headboard thats why we opt of the cushion ones. :)

ixwong

Tulips,

They will carry it up to your flat by staircase - very 'xiong' but that's what King Koil did for my brother. He also had the leather bedframe set.

As for squeezing into the lift, we personally tried before, just bend it around (touching almost all 4 corners of the lift).

tulips

hi ixwong

wah... those guys gotta climb up the stairs!! must be macho guys then will be able to carry such heavy stuff up so many floors! ;P

thanks for sharing! :)

help

Hi Tulips,

For the model that i saw which is 'Royal Sleep Classic' mattress for king size is $919, so after discount is $735.20

I think there got many different models for King Koil beds out there, my choice is those pocketed spring one but not so hard one lor... i think there are a few that is super hard ones which are more expensive lor.. :)

coco

4 Stars or Simmons?

My friend highly recommended us Simmons but we also heard that the 4 Stars Therapy (something) is quite good also (the one featured in TV Media)... any recommendations? Tks!!!

annie

Hi coco

According to my mom, Simmons is no good yet very expensive, while Four Star is good and economical. My future mom-in-law says the same too ;)

Annie

sam

at Simmons gallary, newly wed would be again to get their wedding package. ie buy mattress and they will throw in mattress protector and free body pillows.

further at the Simmons Gallary one can opt to pay by 12 mths installments.

coco

hi sunny, u may visit their website to get their address http://www.simmons.com.sg

they have quite a few range, not too sure wat's the difference, but saw in courts, prices range from $700+ to $1400+.

sam, r u a staff of Simmons? would u mind telling us the difference & recommendations bcos can't seem to get much info from the website other than the addresses.

tina

Juz bought a Simmons mattress - took the newly-wed package. Got a mattress protector, 4 neck-care pillows & a bed-side table free. Mattress + leather bed-frame cost us abt $3k.
Shld go down to the gallery (Orchard Paragon, IMM, etc) to view the beds. They let you try all the mattress before you decide which one is most comfy for you.

C

chin leng

Hi all,

I think Robinsons is selling Simmons mattresses too. I believe you can get further 5% discount if you are a Robinsons card holder. Anyone knows for sure?

Regards,
Chin Leng.

sam

Hello coco,

heehee, I'm not a Simmons staff lah. Just bought one mattress from them last sat that's why I know about this. I don't really know what's the difference in the different models but know some are imported from USA, some from Asian cties and some assembled in S'pore. I think becos of the US exchange rate, thats why its so expensive too.

Chin Leng, you are right Robinsons cardholder will enjoy 5% discount and Robinsons offers 6mths installment payment as well.

Tina, lucky you. did you buy before 11 Jan? Becos was told that the free pillows promotion ended then. Now the bridal package offers body pillows instead (its like a long pillow)

tina

Hi Sam,

Yup, I think I bought it sometime during Nov or Dec. Bought so much things for my new flat, I also blur oredi :>

sam

Hello All,

For those who are interested in buying a Simmons mattress, Robinson has one that is priced at S$999/- now. Seems quite okay.

er... in case anyone is wondering again, I am not a Simmons or Robinson staff. Just working very near Centrepoint thats all :p

sam

hello kim,

hmmm king koil... not very sure if they have this brand. but I know they have four stars.

yes, they have bedframes but mainly simmons ones and not alot of choices I must say.

annie

Hi Kim

Yeap Robinsons sells King Koil mattress
happy.gif

Annie

lim

Hi all,

I was deciding between King Koil and Simmons, Simmons too costly, so I bought my King Koil mattress fr Robinsons. Seems that King Koil would make "special" models for Robinsons, Seiyu, Metro etc... These models you can't find at furniture shops outside, so you can't really compare prices. Also, they can't tell you the no. of springs inside the mattress, juz soft, medium, hard...

Lim

sam

Hi all,

I guess one should go and try the mattress, lay down on it and decide how you like it.

Like Lim I was found Simmons to be too costly, but with the payment in 12 monthly installment, I feel less of the pinch.

sunflower

Hi Sam & Tina,

I went down to Simmons Gallery at Great World yesterday. They still having the newly wed package and ya they now offering the body pillow instead. Thot of buying one of their leather bed as well but it's really expensive even with those freebies added in. The price we had for the package was $2587 includes the $999 mattress for queen size. Imagine getting a king size will cost us around $3k plus
sad.gif
the only good thing is the interest free 12 months installment plan.

Later we went to the neighbour shop Lami and saw a fabric bedframe costs about $1600+ (queen) and very nice.

Now we're not sure which one to get cos we are really concern with the maintenance of the leather bedframe. Wonder will it crack easily. The worst thing to have is like we're paying for so much and the leather cracks after a few months!? Anyone has any experience with this problem, S'pore is a really hot place leh...

sam

hello sunflower,

heehee...

I don't think the leather will crack so easy.

I got my bedframe from Lami as well! paid abt S$980 for the bedframe, the cheapest avail in the shop at Marina Square.

I think the Simmions bedframes are too expensive cannot afford.

sunflower

Hi Sam,

I think i know which bedframe u chose. Is it the wood frame with leather headboard? I saw that design too.. and it's very nice .. initially thot of chosing that but...

heehee...

We have changed our minds again... not getting from Simmons or Lami anymore. Instead we're getting from King Koil instead cos theirs is the cheapest around..
happy.gif
some more they having 20% discount
happy.gif

And ya, we're getting the King Koil leather headboard but it's a divan set. So only the headboard is leather, no worries about cracking now :p

tina

Hi Sunflower & Sam,

The promotion at the time included additional $200 or $300 discount if we bought both bed & frame. So I bought the set instead
happy.gif

coco

Hi everybody... anyone came across this brand : Princebed? any comments?

I went to the Simmons Gallery @ paragon past few days & the salesman is so stuck up that we walked out of the store immediately... can't imagine how their service standard is lik...

victim

to all,

if you think of buying magic koil mattress or buy mattresses from Unisprings in IMM, forget it!

They con me into buying their mattress. They are not geniune in their sales at all.

They promise you the world but never deliver the right world to you.

oops

WOwow, you must have made a big lost for you to post this msg so many times under so many topics. What did they do to you?

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Victim,

Please refrain from having multiple postings of the same message. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

jong

hi anybody can advise whether do i need to buy a new bed/mattress. i will be staying at my mum's place after wedding as my flat is not here yet. we will not be staying at my husband's parents place as there are no rooms for us. wondering do we need to buy new bed/mattress as maybe in another 2 years time my flat will be ready.

thanks
jong

sweetie

Hi Jong,

It's really up to you wat. There is not straight rule or tradition that you must have a new bed after your wedding.

kiroro

Hi Jong,

To be sticking strictly to the chinese beliefs, the answer is 'yes' i.e. you need to buy a new bed ( not just the mattress!) and mattress and cover in red for your customary wedding. I've asked my Dad for his opinion, and given that most couples stay together after ROM and b4 customary, he told me it is okay to buy a bed now and just change the bedsheet cover to red for the customary wedding.

jong

thanks
kiroro

still abit confused? i just bought the wooden bed frame (cheap one) beginning of this year, so do u thing i need to change the bed and mattress or ?
more advise.

thanks jong

kiroro

Hi Jong,

Strictly speaking, you should only buy the bed frame and matress when you move in to stay .. they've got this procedure called 'an chuang' where you select an auspicious day and hour to do that

blue

Hi Kiroro,

Saw your msg regarding the "an chuang" procedure.

I bought my bed frame & mattress already & they are coming in July. But I will only moving into my house next Mar. When should the "an chuang" be? In July or Mar? Very confused!

Do advise!
happy.gif

kiroro

Hi Blue,

I'm no expert in this area but what i heard from friends is that she only use the bed on her wedding night.. but the an chuan procedure happened like 2 days before her customary .. no one suppose to sleep overnight on it yet. I've got another friend who got ROM and has been staying at a rented place for 2 years already ..she is getting her new flat soon, and her mum wants her to change the whole bed and mattress!

sleepy

Does anyone know what is the difference betwwen King Koil and Dunlop mattress, which is better? Heard that Dunlop has a layer of "latex" (think wrong spelling) that the mattress will not trap the heat of the body and thus feel warm... ...

kiroro

I heard that the mattresses sold at warehouses are so much cheaper than in the dept stores (below 1 K) and they carry brands like king coil, simmons, slumberland etc.. anyone bought mattresses from warehouses before ?