Mattress

michellekoh

Hi Pinocchio,

the mattress will come with the guarantee & warranty card and written down when any damaged on the mattress sealy will replace it. For the fabrics I not so sure have to ask. I will get the whole set @ next june'04.

Hi Orosalind,

I want to depart shop that carry sealy brand and price cheaper. Why I get it from robinson is because the sale was included the bed frame and price slightly lower than the shops.

orosalind

Michelle,

I'm just stating Robinson as an eg when I tok abt dept store.

If u shop ard lah, some shop can go below the min price set by the co. Mattress has controlled price has by the co (incldg the promotion price). For eg, my Slumberland queen size cost $1800 and it's now having promotion at $798. This is the price Slumberland set and shops and departmental stores can oni sell above $798 but not below. So no matter whether the dept store or shop tell u it's promotion price, dun think that it's the price that the dept store or shop offer u, it's actually price set by the mattress co. Dept store will not offer below min price set. The reason for advising on comparing ard first is bcos I managed to find 2 shops selling at below the min price set by the mattress co. But I dun deny that some shops do sell above the min price set by the mattress co (I come across those shops too).

Is ur bed frame under Sealy's promotion or Robinson's?

pinocchio

Michelle,

From what I remember, the warranty card only states something like for the first year, is 1 to 1 replacement. But after that you will have to pay a depreciated sum for the replacement depending which how long it has been used.

sabian

Hi

I bought a Sealy bed frame with my fiancee last month and my parents actually bought us the same frame as well!

They wanted to surprised us...well..they sure did!

As I have only one mattress, I need only one bedrame .

If you are looking for the 'Avana' bedframe from Robinsons,
(Synthetic leather, beige, king size) , do let me know.

I am letting it go for $880 (GST & Tpt fee included). Delevery can be from now till May.

michellekoh

orosalind,

yes the bed frame is under promotion.

pinocchio,
may be have to check with sealy again, becuase the sealy salegal mention was tally with IMM shop, as if the mattress is damaged before guarantee they will replace a new mattress even the mattress is coming for 10 yrs.

pinocchio

Hi Sabian,

Do you know that Robinsons allow return of goods (no question ask).. If your bedframe is not used, I think you can get your money back.

sabian

Hi Pino

I know...the problem is that ours was bought under promotion while my parents' was bought outside and I cannot return our parents' frame and I also cannot cancel the one under Robinson's cos package price...so got no choice but to hope that someone is eyeing the same bedframe...

Thanks =)

hoshi5

Hi orosalind,

May I ask where u bought ur slumberland mattress from?
I'm looking for a queen size one..

Thanks!

orosalind

Hi Hoshi5,

Since the shop is selling below the price set by Slumberland, I dun think it's advisable for me to put down the shop's name here in case it got into any trouble with Slumberland. If u want the contact details, pls leave down ur email address and I will email u on that.

bubbleger

Hi hi,

If anyone intd to get mattress from Robinsons, can go take a look. They are offering Simmons Westbury, Felicity on 30 & 31 Dec. Its a gd bargain and if u are cardholder, can pay by instalments. Just to share share....

girlfriend

Anyone can recommend a good mattress, pocketed spring, not so hard one at less than $1000??

Hw much is Robinson selling for Simmons Westbury & Felicity?

newbride

Hi

like to share something regarding the upcoming robinson members sale.apparently Sealy mark up their prices after xmas. after 35% and $100 discount, it is more expensive than buying during xmas promo of 20% + 15%.

Does anyone know if Sealy cheaper in Robinsons compared to other shops?

seekay

Hi orosalind,

I am thinking of getting a slumberland too, can gimme the contact for your seller?

I am thinking of getting a royal crown.

Thanks alot!

bubbleger

Hi girlfriend

Sorry for the late reply....

Westbury is $3319 for king size, so after 35% & less $100 is abt $2057. If cardholder, less another 5%, so its $1954. I've checked the px at Simmons Gallery, its the same as Robinsons.

Hope I've answered yr qn.

orosalind

Hi hoshi5, blurblurblur28, Chenoa & seekay,

Sori for the late reply. I have not been into this thread for quite a while. OK, I nid to go back and get the name card then I will send to all of u on Mon when I come back to office cos I've no internet access at home.

demio

wah... you gals are rich man....

i got a queen size vono (by slumberland) pocketed spring for less than $600 at a shop in toa payoh.... corner of blk 177 near to the hdb hub... in fact, my family got most of our furniture there.. dun go to the wrong shop tho, it's not the small one in the middle!

pepper

has anyone use the IKEA mattress. Is it good? the price is realyl cheap. $499 for the King size one.

the pillow top is sold separately. they have the King side one for only $199. So it is liek a very good deal. The bed abd pillow top are very soft. from the market, it seems that the softer the mattress it, the better it is. Like Sealy, the most expensive one the pillow top is so thick and soft.

sabian

Hi pepper sorry to hear abt your place...

ikea has their own sizing so if u buy their mattress...
must buy covers and bedframe from them.

demio

hi pepper, actually it's not true that the softer it is the better it is... esp for mattress.. i've got back problem and doc's advice for me is to get a firmer mattress... and like wot sabian said, ikea seems to hv their own sizes! i bought their pillow cos like u, i tot soft was more comfy to sleep on... and it was cheap... now after barely 3 months sleepin on it, it totally lost its shape and my head feels almost like sleepin on nothing....

fattybombombom

well....

I swear by KINGKOL.....

I have a really bad back problem.... due to carrying heavy stuff at werk.....

I have been using this matress for the past 2 years..... BEST that I've ever tried....

The matress is still so firm after 2 years.... and my back always feels better sleeping on this bed.....

Good Luck on Bed searching....

I'm sure you'll fing the right one soon....

sweet DREAMS,
ah FAT

pepper

i bought a 60% down and 40% feather pillow. it is very soft but i feel more comfortable with this soft pillow then those firm one. i think it is my preference to sleep on a very flat pillow. also when i sleep on beds to firm, my body ache. think different people like different feel. else they wont be selling softer beds right?

as for the IKEA mattress, does that mean i cannot buy fitted sheets from other brands beside IKEA? I already bought fitted sheets from other brands liao, how? that means i cannot buy IKEA beds? maybe if there are extra cloth can still tuck below the bed, but if the IKEA mattress is bigger than the fitted sheets i bought then die liao. anyway in the market the mattress are also of different thickness, so the fitted sheet may not be able to fit those mattress with sides too thick.
anyone can tell me whether IKEA mattress is wider and longer than normal mattress? thanks

demio

hi pepper,

i think you can look at the measurements on your sheets then when u go to ikea look at the measurements of the size u want. the thickness doesn't matter a lot cos as u said, excess can be tucked under, but if the length and/or breadth dun fit then die liao - cos the sewing at the corners will totally dun fit...

its true that ppl prefer different hardness of mattreses, but it's proven that a firmer mattresses is better for the back.. of cos not too hard or we'll be better off sleepin on the floor ( and save more $$ too!).. softer beds are comfy but they're bad for the back... like water beds... and they loose their shape more easily (that sunken in look).. happy mattress hunting!

kare2711

Actually I've checked the dimensions of Ikea mattresses. It's the same as other mattreses found outside. Am I missing something?

pepper

i have checked the dimension of the IKEA mattresses against the bedsheets i bought from Aussino.

the mattress is smaller than the size of the fitted sheets. i wonder if that's a norm?

IKEA mattress KING size is 180 x 190 cm
Aussion fitted sheets are something like 185 x 198cm. is it the norm to have fitted sheet bigger than the mattress?

anyone can tell us the size of ur king size mattress from king koil, sealy or slumberland etc? thanks!

pepper

i have checked the dimension of the IKEA mattresses against the bedsheets i bought from Aussino.

the mattress is smaller than the size of the fitted sheets. i wonder if that's a norm?

IKEA mattress KING size is 210 x 190 cm
Aussion fitted sheets are something like 215 x 198cm. is it the norm to have fitted sheet bigger than the mattress?

anyone can tell us the size of ur king size mattress from king koil, sealy or slumberland etc? thanks!

kare2711

About Ikea. Actually the measurements is correct, based on local dimensions. Dimensions from overseas may be different. So if you buy any bed from any local store, the dimension of the Queen mattress should be 60 inches by 80 inches which is the same as the Ikea Queen.

serrich

hi sharlene,

I'm currently using simmons - westburry, very comfy.. only disadvantage is that the mattress is thicker(11.5") than the normal size mattress(8-10") so gotta go for the more ex. bedsheet sets..

maybe u can try sourcing for ranges that is not as thick and can fit in the normal bedsheet sets...

happybride

hi hi

IMM is having mattress sales, for most brands at their individual store till end of this month. can go and take a look.

I just bought mine on Saturday.
4 Stars for 50% discount with additional 20% off plus free 2 pillows and free mattress protector

melodie

Hi happybride

I'm thinking of getting a four star mattress also. May i know which one did u buy? Is it their detense range? Tks.
happy.gif

happybride

hi MeLodie,
no i didnt get their detense range ... too hard for me. i was quoted with 50% + 20% off for it though. i told their Exxo model, soft one, with Anti-Static material (less than $1k).
The lady say the Detense now v worth it.
if u really want, then quick quick go liao.
At IMM level 2.

a2002

I think King Koil mattress should come with warranty card. I got the visco elastic pillows and they come with warranty card.

Does anyone here got a King Koil's viscoelastic mattress? Is it comfortable? The salesman said it is the best for the back. But I tried and I felt back ache when I get up. Dunno is it becos I not used to it... Anyone try before?

happybride

hi a2002
to have back ache when u get up means too hard for u liao... it maybe "best for back" but if u cant take it when u only lie down for a while then wat happens when u sleep on it next time?

the sales told me 4 Star Detense is v good too, but i get backaches too when i get up. she told me after awhile will get seasoned to it... but who knows when will it be. And before it get season every morning i will suffer. hehee

melodie

Hi happybride

Tks for ur info. I saw the 4 star - star regency and like it a lot. But it costs 1588 after discount. Don't know whether worth it a not. But it has 100% pocketed spring and latex foam.

I like a King Koil one also, selling at 1388. Very comfortable. Still at a dilemma.

happybride

where did u go to see huh? as i mentioned the IMM stores are having discount now.
happy.gif
till end of this month only.
I was told anti-static material better ... dun know how true. the detense mattress i saw at $1166

eternity

serrich,
is your bed set with quilt?? u can consider buying the normal quilt cover set (which doesn't come with the fitted sheet)... then look for those plain colors fitted sheet that most department stores have... understand that there's some brands that sells fitted sheets that can fit thicker mattress....
happy.gif

poshies

Hi Eternity,
Well.... have been to a reno fair n the sale gal give me a very good intro on the different type of Simmons beds... so when we decided to buy... .we source a lot of place.... tested a lot of different brand - 4 star, king coil, sealy, simmon and seahorse and maybe some others.... but my husband prefer the one we pick due to cost n comfort level...

i like simmon as it will not disturb the partner n still not too hard.... cozy hor!!

Hope it help ~
125865.gif

eternity

hi poshies,

thanks for your inputs... so which model did u buy??

for me, i'm actually not too concern about the disturbance coz i'm NOT a light sleeper... hahaha... it's a tough decision to make between the two....
126046.gif