Master David Tong's Advice Corner (Geomancy and Fengshui)

Hi Master Tong,

My fiance and I are planning to get married on Oct. 23, 2010. Is this a good day for a wedding? If not, can you give us possible dates..thanks!

Groom: Monkey
Groom's Dad: Tiger
Groom's Mom: Horse

Bride: Rooster
Bride's Dad: Snake
Bride's Mom: Rooster

pink_rose

Hi Master Tong,

Would like to seek help fr u not related to wedding dates. Hope u won't mind, thank u in advance!

I'm planning to remove a big mirror from my dining room. It needs some re-wiring(mirror has lights) and re-painting. Should I follow any dates for this minor renovation? Pardon me for asking a date cos I believe in Fengshui.

cmg_consulting

Hi Kit,

You are welcome
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Ivy,

In terms of general tong shu good dates, yes 23rd Oct 2010 is a good date and will clash to Rat, which is none of you.

However, note that both your Bazi is not taken into account yet. This is a general date only. A good date in the tong shu can still be deemed inauspicious if the date is not compatible with both your Bazi.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Lavender,

No worries. You can ask anything relating to feng shui as well
happy.gif

Will the minor renovation involves hacking or drilling etc? If it does, you will need a good date to do that. But the date will have to take into account the feng shui of your house. It cannot be simply picked from the tong shu coz a tong shu date doesn't take your house direction(hence feng shui) into account. For renovation, the months to choose is important as well, and this depends on the house sitting (opposite of facing) direction. If the wrong month is chosen, it could spoil the feng shui of your house.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

elsatham

Hi Master Tong,

We are planning to hold our wedding in 2010. Could you advise possible dates in Oct and Dec weekends?

Groom: Ox
Groom's Mom: Snake
Bride: Monkey
Bride's Dad: Pig
Bride's Mom: Tiger
Bride's brother: Rooster

pink_rose

Hi Master Tong,

Thank you very much for the valuable advice. It involves just dismantling of the mirror, so I think no hacking/drilling is needed. My house faces the east. Will 23/9. 26/9,28/9 suitable? Morning or after 5pm shd be ok rite?
happy.gif

littleredshoe

Hi David,

May I check with you.

My mum say 2010 is ok for me to get married as it's my year.
(yr of tiger). But 2011 is bad year for her cos' it will clash wit her zodic sign.
But my friend say it's a bad year for my as it's my year cos' it's " fan tai shui"

Who is right and who's wrong?
I am confuse.
Help
sad.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Tham Shi Yun Elsa ,

Here are some Oct and Dec weekends dates you can use (the rest of the weekend dates clashes or not general tong shu auspicious dates for wedding):

- 23/10, 26/12

Note that these are 'geenral' tong shu dates only and the bazi is not taken into account yet.

cmg_consulting

Hi Lavendar,

If it is just dismantling of mirror with zero hacking or drilling, there is no need to select a date for this. Any day and time will do
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Ivy,

Bazi refers to birthday and time of birth according to your birth cert. However, Bazi wedding dates calculation is part of my consultation service, hence i can't provide it here free of charge or it will be unfair to my clients. Hope you understand
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Fion Chye,

I will need your parents animal signs as well.

However, 30/10/2010 is not a general tong shu good date for wedding. (Bazi calculation can override this if the date is compatible with your bazi).

cmg_consulting

Hi Shirlynn,

BOTH are wrong
happy.gif

Firstly, your mum is right in a way to say you can get married in Tiger yr. So long as you are not born in Monkey year, it is ok to get married in tiger yr, so long as you choose a good date. However, she is wrong to say that 2011 you can't get married coz it will clash her zodiac signs.

In wedding dates selection, we only ensure the year don't clash the couple, NOT the parents! We will also ensure the day selected won't clash the parents (and couple).

Lastly, your friend is wrong too coz "fan tai sui" does not equate bad for wedding. It is ok to get married in a 'fan tai sui" year. By the way, 'fan tai sui' is more of a religious term than feng shui or bazi. When you 'fan tai sui', you need to go temple to pray etc...but in Chinese Metaphysics, there is no such thing. And "Clash with tai sui" in Bazi can mean a good thing, not necessarily bad.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

kitbaby

Hi Master Tong,
I got another day for wedding. Please advise if 3rd July 2010 is gd for us?

Groom: Chicken (1981)
Groom's Dad: Dog (1958)
Groom's Mum: Rat (1960)

Bride: Goat (1980)
Bride's Dad: Goat (1943)
Bride's Mum: Cow (1949)

Thanks

sparkless

Hi Master Tong,

Need your advice again.

Is it a myth to say that having mirror that faces you while you sleep is bad fengshui? What about installing mirror in the living room?

Thanks a lot in advance!

edwinbs

Hi Master Tong,

I need your advice,
I'm thinking of getting married on the 18/09/2010.
But we are afraid that it will be a bad day for us.

Groom: Horse(1978)
Groom's Dad: Deceased
Groom's Mum: Rat (1948)

Bride: Monkey (1981)
Bride's Dad: Pig(1947)
Bride's Mum: Dragon(1952)

Thanks

littleredshoe

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply.

jus to clearify, when i said it clashes with my mum it means, in 2011 the year of the rabbit clashes with her yr (yr of rooster)
Is that true? if she is right does it mean i shouldn't have my wedding in 2011 or it can still be rectify?

and does the jiemei and xiong di has to be unmarried ones? What if i can't find unmarried ones what will happen?

also, my friend jus got married. her mum ask me to help her daughter to take the veil out as she cant see the pins. Later i was told it's bad for me to do it. is it bad for me or her???

Said the 1st pin must be the mum or husband.

Alamak!
sad.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi tulips,

>Is it a myth to say that having mirror that >faces you while you sleep is bad fengshui?

Yes that is a myth or superstition. Mirror has nothing to do with Feng Shui. Mirror will not suck up the Qi or your soul (as what is popularly believed to do so). Mirror, end of the day, is just a mirror...to reflect ourselves
happy.gif
Why we dont put a mirror to face us when we sleep is more of psychological reason. Imagine when you wake up middle of the night, in the dark, and suddenly you see something moving in the mirror, you scared yourself, and only to realise later it is just your reflection... you get what i mean
happy.gif

>What about installing mirror in the living room?

It is perfectly ok to install mirror in the living room. If done correctly, it can even give the illusion that the living room is widened
happy.gif
Nothing to do with feng shui though.

cmg_consulting

Hi Edwin,

In the first place, the bride is born in year of the Monkey, so Tiger (year) will clash with Monkey. Hence 2010 is not a good year for the bride to get married in. U might want to consider 2011 instead.

cmg_consulting

Hi Shirlynn,

Yes that is correct. Rabbit yr 2011 will clash with her Rooster. You still can have your wedding in 2011. It is YOUR wedding, not your parents'. So long as both of you are not born in Rooster yr, it will be fine. We don't take into account the clash of the year with the parents! We only ensure the DAY selected won't clash with the parents, not the YEAR.

>and does the jiemei and xiong di has to be >unmarried ones? What if i can't find unmarried >ones what will happen?

No. that is just a supersition. What if among your circle of friends you are the last to get marry? Then you won't have any jie mei right? Not logical. Don't worry. They can be married, so long as you are comfortable. It won't impact your marriage
happy.gif

>also, my friend jus got married. her mum ask me >to help her daughter to take the veil out as >she cant see the pins. Later i was told it's >bad for me to do it. is it bad for me or her???

>Said the 1st pin must be the mum or husband.

Don't worry about this Shirlynn. This is all just our chinese customs and beliefs. It will not impact your marriage, i rest assure you that. A marriage good or bad is fixed in the destiny chart. Removal of pins won't affect it at all
happy.gif

angstar

Hi Master Tong,

Could you help us to choose some good dates for year 2010 from Oct onwards?

Bride: Ox (1985)
Bride's Mum: Rooster (1957)
Bride's Dad: Horse (1954)
Bride's Bro: Rabbit (1987)

Groom: Dog (1982)
Groom's Mum: Rabbit (1952)
Groom's Dad: Rabbit (1952)
Groom's 1st Sis: Snake (1977)
Groom's 2nd Sis: Goat (1979)

Is this information enough?

zactor

Hi Master Tong,

I have been reading your forum lately and noticed that the year 2010 is not a good year for those born in the year on monkey to get married in.

For those couples (born in year of monkey) that have decided to carry on their wedding in that year (due to watever reasons and it cant be pushed back). What is the likely 'impact' of this action if any? Hope u can assist to ease some of our worries here as i am planning to tie the knot in Yr 2010 and my Fiance is born in the year of the monkey.... =).... Tks in advance!

elsatham

Hi Master Tong, you answered my qns earlier. But I read from some of the posts here,2010 is not a good year for those born in the year of Monkey?

'Hi Master Tong,

We are planning to hold our wedding in 2010. Could you advise possible dates in Oct and Dec weekends? '

Groom: Ox
Groom's Mom: Snake
Bride's Dad: Pig
Bride's Mom: Tiger
Bride's brother: Rooster

cmg_consulting

Hi Cyn,

I don't need your siblings animal signs
happy.gif

Here are some 'general' dates you can use:

- 06/10, 07/10, 23/10, 04/11, 12/11, 24/11, 06/12, 18/12, 26/12, 30/12

cmg_consulting

Hi Zactor,

The intensity of impact depends on both your Bazi. If a couple's bazi does not have a good marriage, the impact will be bigger and this may lead to more arguments or worst case scenario, divorce (if it already has signs of divorce). If the couple's marriage is good, the impact is lesser.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Elsa,

Yes that is correct. I am assuming you already knew about it coz it on almost every page here and want to proceed with the 2010 dates
happy.gif

machappymeal

Hi David,

I understand that Goat will clash with Ox (this year) and Monkey will clash with Tiger (next year).

If me (monkey) & my boyfriend (goat) have to ROM soon due to arrival of our flat, what should we do in terms of selection of dates?

Appreciate your advice.
Many thanks & best regards.

hazelgal84

Hi Master Tong,

We're thinking of getting ROM on 12 February 2010 and Actual Dinner on 15 May 2010. Can you advise me if the 2 day is advisable for me to get marry?

Groom: Pig (1971)
Groom's Mum: Rat (1948)

Bride: Rat (1984)
Bride's Dad: Rat (1960)
Bride's Mum: Rat(1960)

Thanks

dustystar

Hihi...

I am intending to shift into my new hse in Oct.
May I know what good dates I can choose?

Me: Pig (1983)
Husband: Dog (1982)

Thanks

cmg_consulting

Hi machappymeal,

It depends on when your flat is coming. As far as i know, you can seek deferment for producing the ROM cert so long as you have evidence that you are getting married in 2011.

If not, the best way to do it under such condition will be to analyse both your Bazi and using Bazi to decide which year your wedding should fall onto. The best solution is 2011, but if all else fails, this is the best we can do.

cmg_consulting

Hi Felicia,

12th Feb 2010 clashes to Pig, which is the groom. Not advisable to use this date.

15th May 2010 clashes to Goat, which is none of you. And that is a 'general' tong shu good date as well, so if you are looking at only a very general date (Bazi not taken into account yet), then this date can be used.

hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Jessie,

For authentic date selection for moving in, the house direction has to be taken into consideration. Some houses have to choose a special date/month to move in due to the direction of the house, especially those that sit East, face West. If you move in on the wrong month or date, it will bring down the feng shui of the house.

If you want only a general tong shu date (general day only, house direction not taken into consideration), here are some dates you can use for Oct:

08/10, 13/10, 16/10, 18/10, 25/10

joeyson

Dear Master Tong,

Would like to know which date would be a better date for my wedding?

1) 13th November 2010
2) 20th November 2010
3) 27th November 2010

Groom: Snake
G's Father: Rat
G's Mother: Dragon

Bride: Dragon
B's Mother: Snake

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks

isabebe

Dear Master Tong,
Would 7th July 2010 be an alright date for me to get married? or July 16th?
Does the date refer to rom, customary tea ceremony? if the rom is done earlier and the wedding dinner is done in 2010 would that be ok?

Bride Mom: Monkey

Groom: Dog
Groom Mother: rat

Thanks alot shifu!

cmg_consulting

Hi Joe,

Only 13th November 2010 is a general tong shu good date and don't clash to any of you.

The other 2 are not good date for wedding.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Isa,

2010 clashes to Monkey, hence it is not a good year for you to get married in. Ideally it should be held in 2009 or 2011.

7th July clashes to Rat, which is Groom's mum.

16th July clashes to none of you and is a general tong shu good date. So this date is better.

Note that this is a general date only and Bazi is not taken into account yet.

This date can be used for ROM or Customary. But both event need an auspicious date.

isabebe

Thanks Master Tong, Does the wedding dinner need an auspicious date as well? what about 21st july? Or which weekday in july would be a good date? Thanks alot

Groom Dog 1970
Bride monkey 1980
bride mom monkey
bride pig

groom mom rat

cmg_consulting

Hi Isa,

If wedding dinner is your customary wedding, yes you need an auspicious date. In general, we want to choose good dates for all important activities.

21st July 2010 is a very bad day for wedding. Avoid.

Who is born in year of the Pig? Coz your previous post does not seem to have anyone born in year of the pig.