Master David Tong's Advice Corner (Geomancy and Fengshui)

jolin89

Hi Master Tong,

We will be holding our ROM & customary on separate dates:
ROM: 1 Mar 2014 (Lunar 2月1日)
Customary: 1 Aug 2015 (Proposed date Lunar 6月17)

Details:
Groom : Tiger
Bride : Snake

Groom's dad : Rat
Groom's Mum : Dragon

Bride's dad : Rooster
Bride's mum : Goat

Siblings: Dragon, goat

We heard from the elders that it is recommended not to have wedding on the 6th month of lunar month. May I know if it is true?

Let me know if it is ok for 1 Aug 2015?
Thank you!

lingyou

Hi Master Tong,
Can I check with you what is the auspicious time to pick up the bride if I will be having my wedding on 21st Sept 2014?
Thank you!

Skycreator

Hi Master tong,

Can you advice me for the wedding dates below:

20 Sept 2014
06 Dec 2014
13 Dec 2014

Groom : 1983 Pig
Bride : 1985 Ox

Groom's dad : 1957 Rooster
Groom's Mum : 1956 Monkey

Bride's dad : Deceased
Bride's mum : 1952 Dragon

Many thanks! :)

sljoycelyn

Hi Master Tong,
Please kindly advise on whether these few dates are good for weddings? :)

Dates:
21 September 2014
28 September 2014

Groom:
09th March 1987 (Rabbit)
Dad and Mum: Decreased

Bride:
28th September 1989 (Snake)
Dad: Goat
Mum: Rooster

Thank you, Master Tong. :)

Melshir

Dear Master Tong,

My bf and I are considering to hold our wedding either in August 2014 or January 2015 for both ROM and customary.
Would appreciate if you can please advise us on any good dates for the month of Aug 2014 or Jan 2015?

Groom: Year 1982, Dog
Bride: Year 1985, Ox

Groom's father: Year 1947, Boar
Groom's mother: Year 1951, Rabbit

Bride's father: Year 1954, Horse
Bride's mum: Year 1958, Dog

Thanks very much!

cmg_consulting

Hi hazelang88

As groom is born Rat yr, by right 2014 is not a good yr for wedding

if no choice, then only the below dates are general good dates and doesnt clash to anyone

- 6/9

Rest of the dates either clashes or bad dates

Hope this helps :)

cmg_consulting

Hi jolin89

1st March ROM is ok

1st Aug 2015 doesnt clash to anyone, but will have to wait for tong shu to be out next yr to check if it is a general good date or not

The lunar 6th mth thingy is pure pantang, there is no feng shui logic in it. But if your elderly are superstitious abt it, you still have to please them :)

cmg_consulting

Hi Skycreator

6th n 13th dec are super bad dates

20th sept doesnt clash to anyone but it is neither a tong shu good date nor bad date

Hope this helps

cmg_consulting

Hi sljoycelyn

21st Sept is a general good date for wedding & doesnt clash to anyone

28th Sept is not a general tong shu good date for wedding

hope this helps :)

cmg_consulting

Hi Melshir

Aug is mostly in 7th lunar mth, so the only general good dates are

- 29th Aug
- 31st Aug
- 06/01
- 15/01
- 18/01

Hope this helps :)

jolin89

Hi jolin89

1st March ROM is ok

1st Aug 2015 doesnt clash to anyone, but will have to wait for tong shu to be out next yr to check if it is a general good date or not

The lunar 6th mth thingy is pure pantang, there is no feng shui logic in it. But if your elderly are superstitious abt it, you still have to please them :)

Thank you Master Tong.

So the only way to know if 1 Aug 2015 is an aupiscious date for us now is by counting Bazi is it?

Melshir

Thanks Master Tong,

Unfortunately we are looking only at Saturday for the wedding. Could you advice if there are any good Saturday dates in Feb or mar 2015?

Groom: Year 1982, Dog
Bride: Year 1985, Ox

Groom's father: Year 1947, Boar
Groom's mother: Year 1951, Rabbit

Bride's father: Year 1954, Horse
Bride's mum: Year 1958, Dog

Thanks very much!

Haze1212

Hi Master Tong,

My fiancé and I are looking at having our wedding on a 2015 weekend (tea ceremony & church on Sat, Chinese banquet on Sun). Our Chinese zodiac signs are as follow:

Groom: ox
Groom's dad: dragon
Groom's mum: rabbit

Bride: rabbit
Bride's mum: chicken
Bride's dad (divorced, but born in yr of horse)

We are looking at:
- 17 & 18 January 2015
- 10 & 11 October 2015

Will any of the sets be good dates for wedding?

Thank you!

missy10

dear Master Tong,

bride 1981 rooster
groom 1977 snake
wedding date 26 Jan 2014

question: can groom family propose to the bride on : 25 Dec 2013, or better combine with sending wedding gift on 19 jan 2014
or do u have any other date better before wedding?

(second question, can groom family propose to the bride and send the wedding gift on the same day but different time? like first in the morning, later in the afternoon).

thank you very much :)

dollsurf

Dear Master Tong

My partner and i are planning to hold our customary wedding either on 14 March (bride's birthday) or 15 March 2015. Was wondering if either of these dates are good to proceed.

Bride: 1985, Ox
Bride's mom: 1958, rooster (before CNY)
Bride's dad: 1954, Horse

Groom: 1984, Rat
Groom's mom: 1964, rabbit
Groom's dad; 1960, rat

Many thanks in advance!

cmg_consulting

Hi Melshir

the tong shu for 2015 will only be out in Sept next yr, hence if you are looking at generic dates, i can only check after it is out

cmg_consulting

Hi missy10

Usually different day

25th dec is fine so long as none of you or parents belong to Goat sign (clash goat that day)

19th jan clashes to monkey. hence if none of you belong to this zodiac, it is fine to send the gifts

cmg_consulting

Hi dollsurf

2015 goat yr clashes Ox (bride), hence a bad yr for wedding

14th march is a super bad day. 15th march is a bad day for wedding too.

blurr_85

Hi Master,

Wondering if you could advise if 18 Oct 14is a good date for Wedding?

Bride: cow
Bride parents: pig (mum), rat(dad)

Groom: rat
Groom parents: cow(mum), tiger(dad)

Thanks!

Would appreciate very much if you could give us a general view.

jocelynost1125

Hi Master Tong

my fiancé and me are looking at 25th Jul 2015 to hold our rom and customary wedding.
Our details are..
groom: 16th feb 1990 (horse)
bride: 12th jan 1989 (dragon)

just wan to find out if it is a good day for us. and also.. can I find out way does ur package includes and hw much isit? :)

almondtea

Hi Master Tong,

We've been given a date to an chuang that is 1 month before our AD. Can we seek your advice please, whether the couple really cannot sleep on the bed till wedding day? My fiance and I are already staying together and we would be the only ones sleeping on and touching the bed anyway. Thanks in advance for your advice!

Dear Master Tong

My bf and i are having ROM and AD separately, on 29-Mar-14 and 29-Nov-14 respectively. I am a 1984 july rate and bf is 1985 july ox. Parents for bride are both 1956 monkey while parents for groom are 1954 horse and 1955 goat respectively. May i just seek your advice to know if the 2 dates are good for all of us pls?

♥ Alina ♥

Hi Master,

Wondering if you could advise if 18 Jan 2015 is a good date for Wedding?

Bride: 29 Dec 1988 (Dragon)
Groom: 18 Sept 1988 (Dragon)

Thanks!

Would appreciate very much if you could give us a general view.

cmg_consulting

Hi blurr_85

2014 is Horse yr , clashes to Rat, hence by right not a gd yr for wedding

If no choice, 18th Oct is not a general tong shu good date for wedding

cmg_consulting

Hi almondtea,

Yes that is correct. Once the new bed reach your home, your cannot use the bed at all till wedding day. After the An Chuang, no one is allowed to touch the bed, hence traditionally the bridal room will be locked up

cmg_consulting

Hi snowiedeer

Firstly, for Rat, 2014 is a bad yr for wedding as Horse yr clashes to Rat

If no choice, 29th March is within the Qing Ming period, and no one get married that period + 29th is a bad day too

29th nov is a general gd date, provided none of you and your parents are of zodiac Dog (Clash Dog that day)

Hi snowiedeer

Firstly, for Rat, 2014 is a bad yr for wedding as Horse yr clashes to Rat

If no choice, 29th March is within the Qing Ming period, and no one get married that period + 29th is a bad day too

29th nov is a general gd date, provided none of you and your parents are of zodiac Dog (Clash Dog that day)

Thanks Master, 29th Mar was actually calculated by another Master using the bazi and he gave a specific timing to sign the papers...but im of cuz a little worry because i understand too from tong shu that 29th March is not a good day... i do know how now... ;/

hi master tong,

can i ask if 18 jan 2015, 21 jun 2015 or 27 jun 2015 is a good date for us to hold our customary and banquet?

groom and bride: tiger
parents: tiger, rooster, dog, rat

thanks in advance!

Edwin Cheng

Hi Master Tong,

My fiancee and I are planning to hold our customary on 08 Aug 2015 and wedding on 09 Aug 2015.
Fiancee - Tiger
Myself - Rat

May I check if these are good dates for our big day?

Appreciate all your help in advance.

Many thanks!

Edwin Cheng

cmg_consulting

Hi snowiedeer

I guess you can only check with him. Usually according to chinese customs, 10days before Qing ming day is sweep tomb period, and that day falls within the 10 days. Although date selection is not abt chinese customs, but as chinese, these must still be factored in

cmg_consulting

Hi zingtan

6th sept clashes to Dog , hence if none of ur parents belong to Dog zodaic, then it is fine as that day is a general tong shu good date

* Note that tong shu dates are general auspicious dates only and both your Bazi are not taken into consideration. Hence a good date in the tong shu can still turn out to be inauspicious if the dates are not compatible with both your bazi**

cmg_consulting

Hi Alina

That is a general good date but clash Rat. Hence if none of your parents are of Rat zodiac, then it is fine

* Note that tong shu dates are general auspicious dates only and both your Bazi are not taken into consideration. Hence a good date in the tong shu can still turn out to be inauspicious if the dates are not compatible with both your bazi**

cmg_consulting

Hi sunshinepixels

18th jan is out as that day clash Rat

21st june clashes to Dog, hence out too

27th june clashes to Dragon, hence none of you. But have to wait fot tong shu to be out in Sept next yr to find out if it is a general tong shu good date. Right now, can only use bazi to calculate.