Master David Tong's Advice Corner (Geomancy and Fengshui)

roomfulofstars

Hi David

Is 11 July 2009 a general good date?

Also, as for which zodiac animal is a clash on that date - is it a general clash thing, or is it dependent on couple's ba zi? If the former, can you let me know which zodiac animal is a clash on that date?

Thanks!

annisan

Hi David,

Icic... we did seek a shifu already with our time of birth etc etc info... and advise from him that 2010 is not a good year for us... so i was trying to find out issit that we really cant get married in year 2010?

babylamb

Hello,
May I know if it is true that its not good to get married at age 29 (chinese age)? We are both born in the year of the rooster so his dad is against us getting married next year.

jaslyn288

Hi David,

I would like to know your advise, is it a must to have the tea ceremony with bride's family first den to groom's family?

thanks you.
Jaslyn =D

vrhysst

Hi David, Thanks for the reply. Btw..how to determine our Bazi? the birth date is based on lunar date or normal date? is 08 aug 2009 an auspicious date for ROM? Me nov'1980. My bf jan'1981. If lunar month, me in oct, my bf in dec.

Thank you.
Lynn >_<

cmg_consulting

Hi Lynn,

Bazi is determined using your birthday and time of birth (according to your birth certificate, normal date). A conversion is then made using the Ten Thousand Year Calendar to obtain the Bazi characters in Chinese. In Bazi, we uses the Ten Thousand Year Calendar, not the lunar nor Gregorian calendar.

For Bazi Wedding Dates Selection, this is part of my consultation service to my clients, as such, I cannot advise you here as it will be unfair to my clients who had engaged me for their wedding dates calculation. Hope you will understand that.

As for 8th August 09, generally, it is not a good date for wedding purpose, so i don't advise you to choose this day.

Hope this helps Lynn
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Jaslyn,

Normally, the tea ceremony is done at the groom's family first, then with the bride's family.

On the AD, the groom will fetch the bride to his home, where the tea ceremony with the groom's family will be held. After which, they will go back to the bride's family and perform the tea ceremony. This is the normal process.

Hope this clarifies your doubts.

cmg_consulting

Hi Aiko,

It is not true. There is no logic or basis for this.

Since you are born in the Rooster yr, avoid the Rabbit yr for wedding.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi annisan,

If your shifu sees your Bazi (which means birthday and time of birth), then he is probably right from the Bazi perspective. There might be certain clashes etc etc in the Bazi that prompted him to say that. However, I have no idea what he sees from the info you gave him, so i can't comment much on this.

Here in the forum, I can only advise on general wedding dates, without taking Bazi into consideration. Which is why in my previous posts, I mentioned I don't favour selecting wedding dates using Tong Shu alone as it is too general. Selecting wedding dates using Bazi is the right way to go.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Denise,

Generally, 13th March 09 will be a better date for your ROM and Wedding Dinner, assuming your Bazi and your parent's are suitable to use this date.

cmg_consulting

Hi Eve,

Different auspicious timings are derived for different purpose on the wedding day. As this is part of the services which i provides to my clients, I can't post it in the forum here as it will be unfair to my clients. Hope you understand that. Check out your email. I just emailed you for your better understanding of timings.

blue_diamond

Hi David,

As u mentioned in Aiko thread that certain animal should avoid certain year to have their AD,does it mean next year is not a good year for GOAT to have it?

I am born in 1979 Goat...thinking of doing in 23/01/2010

cmg_consulting

Hi Blue_diamond,

Yes you are right. Generally next yr is not good for Goat to have their wedding. 23/1/2010 still falls under the Ox year, which clashes to the Goat. You may want to consider moving it to the Tiger year, which is after 4th Feb 2010.

dfox

Hi David,

my bf and I are born in the year of rooster. his parents are born in the year of Rabbit &amp; Dragon. My parents are born in the year of Rat &amp; Goat. may i know whether 9th Oct 2009 or 10th Oct 2009 is good date for ROM? which date is better?

cmg_consulting

Hi Denise,

Both dates are not general good dates for wedding purpose, esp. 9th Oct which is a bad day for wedding. ROM is the day both of you become officially husband and wife, so it is a very important day. I suggest you avoid these 2 days.

Hope this helps.

cmg_consulting

Hi rainydae,

It is a Chinese belief that siblings should not get married within the same year.

However, in terms of feng shui or Chinese Metaphysics, there is no such rule at all. In fact, whether be it Feng Shui, Bazi or even Date Selections, it is actually a form of Chinese Astrology. And astrology is about the positioning and configuration of stars, planets and constellations in the sky. It is both a science and an art. Nothing superstitious or religious about; and it is not a belief or culture.

Personally, I don't mix Feng Shui or any Chinese Metaphysics subjects with superstition, culture, beliefs or religion. They are separate distinct subjects. Even the ancient classical feng shui text written in the olden days of China does not mention anything about superstition, culture, beliefs or religion in it.

So to answer your question rainydae, personally I don't believe in it. There is no logic or basis in it.

However, since it is part of Chinese belief, and if you feel uncomfortable about having 2 siblings getting married in the same year, by all means avoid it. There is no harm doing so, and most of the elderly people such as our parents or grandparents believes in it. So if possible, i always advise doing it to make them happy
happy.gif

shingirl

Hi David,

would like to seek your advise regarding this:
It is advisable to consult 2 or more shifu regarding marriage date? becos im abit kiasu.... i scare if one shifu..... he/she might not recommand the best date. =)

juski22

Hi David,
My ROM date is on 220309. Is thr any timing i nid to avoid? Im planing of hving my solemnization either 4pm or 5pm. Is this timing ok? Mi Monkey &amp; my HTB Rat.

Thx
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi juski22,

220309 is not a good date for wedding purpose. And furthermore, this date will clash with you. If you can, I advise you to change your ROM date.

juski22

Hi david,
But this date was asked from my mom.. i tink she ask from the shifu... if this not a gd date..dan hw?

cmg_consulting

Hi juski22,

There are 2 problems with this date. First, it is not a general good date for wedding purpose (and we haven't even fine tune down to the Bazi level yet).

Secondly, even if the date is selected using Bazi, it is still not good as this day clashes to you, born in the yr of the Monkey. No matter which method you use to select, it is still not good. Pretty straight forward in this case.

If this date is selected using the Tong Shu, it will be reflected as "Xiong", which means bad for people born in the year of the Monkey.

Therefore, frankly, i don't know how this date is selected or using what method. None of the methods seem to fit in.

Are you able to change the dates? If it is ROM, i don't you've booked the date yet since ROM only allows booking up to 3 months in advance and i just checked at ROM website, they only accept solemnisation up to 21st Match 09 as of today.

bonny

Hi David,

I would like to seek your advice. My bf and I are intending to get married on 21 jun 09. Both of us are born in the year of dogs. Is it a good date?

cmg_consulting

Hi bonny,

21st June 09 is NOT a general good day for wedding purpose (even from the Tong Shu). If you haven't book the banquet etc, I will advise you to change the date.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Aiko,

By the way, this is a "general" good date selected not according to the Tong Shu but via other techniques. The Tong Shu for 2010 is not out yet (it will only be out somewhere in July 2009) . As such, when the Tong Shu is out, it may or may not be reflected in the Tong Shu as good for wedding purpose as different techniques is used. This is more precise and the Tong Shu is more general.

The only way now (which is the preferred and correct method) to selected auspicious dates for 2010 for wedding purpose is by using Bazi and other date selection techniques, not the Tong Shu.

juski22

Hi David,

Ok.. Is 21st Mar 09 ok? and also my AD on 27Sept 09 is it ok too?

Sorry for the trouble and thx for ur help &amp; advise

cmg_consulting

Hi juski22,

21st Mar 09 is a "general" good date for wedding.

For 27th Sept 09, it is NOT a "general" good day for wedding. In fact, it is a bad day for wedding purpose. Don't advise using this day.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

starwee

Hi David,

Is Nov 1, Nov 22 and Dec 27 generally a good date for marriage?

My boyfriend is born in the year of the Pig and I'm born in the year of Dog.

thanks
happy.gif

xin_starzz

Hi David,

My bf was born in the year of Goat, Oct Month (English) and I was born in the year of Pig, Nov Month (English)... Is 2010 a good year to get married for both of us?

thankie..

virtual

Hi David,

Heard that the year of tiger is not a good year to get married. I am born in the year of the ox and my bf is born in the year of the pig. Please advise if this affects us or if there is a way of getting about it. Thanks!

cmg_consulting

Hi renee,

16th March 09 is NOT a Tong Shu "general" good day for wedding purpose. However, this day do not clash with pigs.

Hope this helps Renee.

cmg_consulting

Hi juski22,

While I do try to help everyone as much as I can here, selection of timing for a day (which is very important) overlaps into the services that I provided, so to be fair to my clients, I can't provide the timings here in the forum. Hope you understand
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Magdeline Ng,

You cannot tell from the animal sign alone whether if 2010 will be a good year to get married in. For this, the whole Bazi (birthday and time of birth) has to be taken into account to determine.

However, for 2010, this year will not clash to you or your bf.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Melissa Qian,

Year of the tiger does not clash to you or your bf.

By the way, there is no such thing as not good to get married in the year of the Tiger. These are "Urban Legends" or "Beliefs". Whether if it is a good year to get married or not will depends on both your Bazi, and not determined by the animal sign of the year alone.

And in addition to that, an auspicious date in that year must be selected according to your Bazi to really ensure that day is a good day. Having a good day alone is not enough. Within that day, an auspicious time has to be selected for your signing of ROM papers as well as fetching the bride in the morning. If a day is auspicious but the timing is selected wrongly, it may negate the positive effects of that good day.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

Best Regards,
David Tong

xin_starzz

Hi David,

How much do u charge for consultation on Date of Marriage and Time of Fetching Bride?

Is it too early to calculate for the right timing now if marriage is plan to be in year 2010?

Regards,

Mag