Master David Tong's Advice Corner (Geomancy and Fengshui)

wakeup2asmile

Hi David,

Thanks so much for your reply!

What if 16 Oct happens to be my bf's mum and dad birthday. Would it be ok?

I've another date which is 25 dec 09.. is this ideal?

My initial selected date was 25 Oct 09 but i cld not find any wedding venue on that day.

cmg_consulting

Hi Stephy,

I would suggest you find one reliable geomancer to choose the dates and that's it. And i don't know if he uses Tong Shu or Bazi to select dates. There will be a difference in dates in this case. And some uses the lunar calendar to select dates, which is not correct. All Feng Shui, Bazi or Date Selection have to use what we call the "Ten Thousand Year Calendar" or "Wan Nian Li".

There is no such thing as 2010 not good for wedding. Unless of course your Bazi says so, then it might be so. Otherwise, if based on Tiger year alone as the sole reason for being a bad year to get married in, that is certainly not true.

And i rest assure you that there is no such thing as Sheep and Dog are not compatible! I have friends who are Sheep and Dog and they are the best of friends. This is the same for couples. I've written an article that explains this thoroughly on my website at www.cmgconsulting.com.sg . Go to "David's Blog" section, click "2008", Click "October", the title of the article is "Does Clashing of A Couple's Animal Signs Mean Divorce?".

Hopefully after reading this, it will clear your doubts. And most importantly, enjoy your wedding and put all these urban legends aside!
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Jen,

25th Oct 09 and 25th Dec 09 are both good dates for wedding (general Tong Shu good dates) and doesn't clash to either of you or parents. For 25th Dec, it will clash to Dogs.

I can't tell if this dates are ideal as this will have to see your Bazi, but in terms of general good dates, yes it is
happy.gif

It doesn't matter if that is your bf's parents bd. We don't take all these into account for date selection. And i see no harm with so many guests wishing his parents happy birthday
happy.gif

pearlypearl

Hi David, yes thanks... got your email.
happy.gif

Btw, there is a mistake in my previous posting/ email... next year should be year 2010, ie. year of the Ox, and not Tiger.

karenkong

Hi David,

Thanks for your advice..
happy.gif

I will try to choose another date which we like, what if we have no other alternative dates that we like? what can be done? :p

Thanks alot!!

peg2111

So funny...
My Frens and I come across a few Feng Shui Shifu says 21.11.2009 is a good date, but so far only you who comment that is not a good date?

Pls advise

iamken

Hi all forum-ers..... hello david.

I have just engaged david's services to calculate the auspicious dates and had met up with him yesternight.

The overall experience is wonderful.

His services are very prompt and friendly... be it via sms or emails. And very obliging too... he travelled all the way to meet me after office hours. David, sorry for the trouble.

But the key factor is that his explanation of the calculated dates, the wedding procedures and taboos, Q&A, etc are very clear and no-nonsense.

Frankly speaking, I am not sure if the dates he has given me are really good or not. In fact, none of us will ever be able to tell, even if with dates from other masters/shifu.

But his explanations on how he obtained the dates.....the various tradition Chinese geomancy theories used..... the finest details taken into consideration when calculating. THAT really won me over.

David, I will be taking the Oct 09 date as my AD. Please proceed to calculate me good AnChuan and GDL dates.

Entrusting my fortunes on you.

This guy is good... thumbs up!

cmg_consulting

Hi Karen,

Since wedding is such an important journey of our life, i always advise choosing a good date
happy.gif
I believe you can find one eventually. It is just a matter of bringing forward or backward your wedding
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi indianger,

21/11/09 is indeed listed in the Tong Shu as auspicious date for wedding. As i always explain to my clients, if you know how to read 3 chinese character words, you will know how to select dates yourself from the tong shu. All you need to know is "Yi, Jia Qu", which means "Good, For Marriage".

So this date is indeed listed as "Good, For Marriage' in the Tong Shu. BUT on that page of the Tong Shu, it consist of many many more other Chinese characters that many people did not take into account for. There is this particular one row in the Tong Shu that tells you if this particular day is good for what purpose. This is very important. Normally for wedding, we want to choose "Chen", which means Success Day; or other compatible days for wedding such as "Ding" (stable day), "Zhi" (initiate day) etc etc. This will ensure this day selected is good for the purpose of wedding, even if it is just a general good day. Tong Shu ASSUMES you know how to filter this out yourself. But most people don't do it.

So that brings us back to the date 21/11/09. This day is listed as "Wei" in the Tong Shu, which means Danger Day! A Danger day is a day that is not suitable for any important activities. And to me, marriage is a very important activity. The calculation cannot have any mistakes. I want to be "kiasu" for all my clients and make sure the dates selected for them are really the best.

So even here in the forum, for those of you who had asked me for general wedding dates, the dates I've given to all not only avoid clashes to both the bride, the groom and the parents, I have ALSO taken into account this factor by filtering out the unsuitable dates for you. Which is why some of you might have noticed the dates i gave are significantly lesser than what you might find from the Tong Shu.

I hope this answers your question
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Ken,

Thank you very much for your kind compliments here in the forum. It's really nice catching up with both of you yesterday evening
happy.gif

Sure no worries. The dates for GDL and AC will be in your mailbox latest tomorrow night
happy.gif

Have a nice weekend ahead Ken. Many thanks
happy.gif

Hi David,
I am thinking of holding booking my banquet on either 24/10/2009 or 31/10/2009. Which is better?

Groom: Rat
Bride: Dragon
Bride's Parents: Mum(Snake)
Groom's parents: Dad (Dog), Mum(Monkey)

Thanks!!

candy84

HI David

Just to check if 18 Oct 09 is suitable for us.

Groom: Monkey
Bride: Rat
Bride's parent: Mum(cow), Dad(Dragon)
Groom's Parent: Mum(rabbit), Dad(unsure)

just drop u a mail also. Thanks

ix0107

Hi David

Please advise if 10 May09 is suitable wedding me..

Thxs for advice..

Groom: Horse

Bride's parent: Rabbit & Pig
Groom's parent: Goat & Horse

wakeup2asmile

Hi David,

Would it be okay if i have my customary and rom on 21 Nov 09 and my wedding banquet on 22 Nov 09?
Alternatively, are there any good dates in the month of Nov 09 and Dec 09?

Our zodiac signs are as follows:

Bride: Horse
Bride's Mum: Horse
Groom's Parents: Mum & Dad (Rabbit)

Thank you so much for your help!

Cheers,
Jen

blur_sushi

Hi David,

Is it not a good date to get married on 20 Feb 2010? understand its the 7th day of Lunar New Year..

I'm born in the yr of Dog, my HTB Monkey, my mum Tiger and my dad Rooster

Thanks!

belindabelinda

Hi All,

Totally agreed with iamken. David really provide vari good service... We approach him a year ago for helping us to calculate the dates for our wedding and is nearly one year liao and we are getting married in march and whenever we drop him a question he will be ever ready to answer us...THUMB UP!! for his after sales service.

piyo_piyo

Hi David,

I have confirmed 13/12/09 for my AD. My eder sister actually is getting marry same year as me which is 04/07/09. I heard from others that both of us AD should not be too close, at least a few months interval. What do you think? How many months interval will be better? Thank you!

ginnginn

Hi David,

My AD has been set 190909. Is the date suitable for us?

Bride: Dog (22/08/1982)
Groom: Horse (11/02/1978)

We intend to choose 20/09/09 but we chould not book a venue, thus we change ot to 19/09/09. Kindly advice which zoodic sign will clashes with us on that day.

Thank you.

cmg_consulting

Hi Yvonne,

I hate to disappoint you, but both of these dates are not general Tong shu good dates. Furthermore, 24th Oct will clash to groom's mum. So not advisable to use. And 31st Oct is not a good date for wedding at all. If you can choose, i will advise you to select other dates.

Hope this helps Yvonne.

cmg_consulting

Hi Candy,

18th Oct is a general good Tong Shu date for wedding. It will clash to Tiger, so if groom's dad is tiger, then not advisable to use.

I cannot tell if it is good for both of you coz the only way to determine that is using Bazi date selection for wedding. Only using this method can you determine if this day is good for both of you. For general date selection using Tong Shu, even if the Tong Shu says good for wedding, it can still end up to be a bad day for both of you if the day doesn't match your Bazi.

Thanks for your email. I just replied
happy.gif

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Jen,

Both 21/11 and 22/11 are not good dates for wedding. 22/11 is a bad day that should not be used for any important activity. If you havent' book your banquet, avoid these 2 days...

Here are some dates you can try:

- 30/11, 1/12, 13/12, 17/12, 25/12, 29/12, 31/12

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Ah Blur,

The Tong Shu for 2010 is not out yet, so the only to determine a good wedding date, specifically for both of you, will be using Bazi Wedding Date selection.

In any case, 20th Feb is not an ideal date for wedding, so try not to use this date
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Hui,

Normally for Chinese beliefs, siblings should not get married in the same year. By right it should be one year apart. Some do "cheat" a bit by having it in different lunar calendar year.

Hope this helps.

cmg_consulting

Hi Ginn Cai,

That day will clash with Rooster.

Actually, that day is not a good day for wedding, even using general good days. If you can change without penalty in deposit, i will advise you to change the date.

stasia84

HI David,

Me too I heard that year 2010 is not a good year to get married, not because it is the year of the Tiger but because it is "mang nian", is this true?

We had already ROM so planning our AD in year 3rd or 4th quarter if 2010
Groom Parents: Rat(Deceased), Snake
Bride Parents: Monkey(Deceased), Horse

You can email me @ [email protected]

libra_kc81

Hi David

Just to chck - If I choose my ROM date to be either 20/May or 28/May and it happen that my mum's birthday mth, its ok right it wont clash w/ her or me right..?

stasia84

Ya my mom told me the same thing. She heard from a Feng Shui talk recently.

Me too thought if it's not a good yr.. then nobody should marry in that yr..

But I'm not sure wat is the complications?

I read the article.. it seems that dates are still tied to individual feng shui, luck and birth.

blur_sushi

Hi Master David,

Appreciate your kind advise! Den is 12 Dec 2009 (lunar Oct 26) a good date? saw some of the following posts that says 2010 is not a good yr to get married, tat refers to the lunar 2010 rite?

Thanks!

thommy

David's consultation charges are quite reasonable, u can check with him how much first before engaging him. He will then give u a range of dates which are suitable for everyone (eg. u, ur hubby/wife, parents) using Bazi.

We booked our banquet based on the best date he had given us, so quite happy abt it. On top of that, u will be getting extra 'goodies' too besides the usual dates. As for what 'goodies', think u will have to find out yourself.

Thanks David
happy.gif

pearlypearl

Hi Thomas, when and where did you book your banquet?

I have also engaged David's consultation service and I'm so eager to meet him this Sunday! With the dates given, I will be able to move forward with my planning!
happy.gif

thommy

Hi Pearl,

Booked mine at NCQ for next year
happy.gif

Yes, I agree with u, u have to get the dates from David first before u can go scouting around for venues, at least that's what we did
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Liling and everyone here in this forum,

It is certainly not true at all that "Mang Nian" is not good for marriage. Pearl Lim provides a good article on this
happy.gif

First, we must know what a "Mang Nian" means and why is it call a "Mang Nian". Most of the time, we just know "Oh..next yr is Mang Nian, cannot get married coz not good for marriage and no good to have kids". In acutal fact, we must find out WHY. The WHY is important in everything we do. Whether it be Feng Shui, Bazi or Date Selections, sometimes we must ask ourselves WHY?

Coming back to "Mang Nian", basically a yr is considered a "Mang Nian" coz the 1st day of the Lunar New Year falls after 4th or 5th of Feb. This is the case for year 2010. The 4th/5th of Feb every year is call the "Li Chun", which means the "Beginning of Spring". It is a belief that if the "Li Chun" is before the 1st day of the Lunar New Year, then when the Lunar New Year comes, there is "No Spring" or "No Li Chun" in that Lunar Year. This is why it is call a "Mang Nian".

There is no logic as to why you cannot get married in "Mang Nian". If every person in this world who gets married in "Mang Nian" gets divoced, then yes I am convinced that this is a bad year for marriage. But this is not so. And there are so many couples who get married in "Mang Nian" are living happily ever after, right?

Whether a person's marriage is good or bad is not determined by all these tradition, culture, beliefs or myths. It is determined by your Bazi Destiny Chart, which is the date and time you are born. And along with the Feng Shui of your house which will affect and influence your life as well as our own decisions and human actions that we make daily, these will "form" our Destiny. These 3 factors are also what is commonly known in Chinese as "Tian, Di, Ren", which means "Heaven, Earth, Man", the cosmic trinity that governs our life and destiny.

Coming back to "Li Chun" again, in actual fact, there is still a "Li Chun" every year. It is just a matter of before or after 1st day of the Lunar New Year.

And "Li Chun" in Chinese Metaphysics is a very important transition point between each year. It is the date where the Feng Shui of a house changes yearly. It is the date where the Destiny of a person changes yearly. It is also the ACTUAL transition point between 2 animal signs, which means whatever animal sign you are is determined not by the lunar new year but by 4th/5th Feb each year. So this means that if your child is born on the 29th Jan 2009 this year, it is a Rat and not an Ox. Some people make this big mistake and tell their child they are born in the year of the Ox. Imagine the horror 30 years later when he/she grows up and go for a Bazi Destiny Analysis or Wedding Dates calculation, only to realise he is a Rat and not a Ox!

I hope this little writeup here will help to answer everyone's question and calm your fears
happy.gif