Master David Tong's Advice Corner (Geomancy and Fengshui)

cmg_consulting

Hi mixue,

You cannot determine which zodiac sign is good for the baby based on both your birth signs alone.

Every year is a good year to give birth to. Some may say Tiger year not good coz Tiger very fierce and next time your child may be very fierce etc etc. There is no such thing. Trust me on this
happy.gif

The whole Bazi chart of the baby has to be taken into consideration. Bazi chart meaning the birthday and the time of birth. There is no way to determine if the baby is good for both of you or not before child birth unless you opt for caesarean birth, whereby Feng Shui masters will calculate for you what is the exact date and time to perform the caesarean birth so that the baby will come out, "owning" that particular Bazi chart.

"Owning" that particular Bazi chart means that the baby will have the character, luck cycle, marriage, wealth, career and health stated by the Bazi chart.

To give you a better idea, eg if your baby is a girl. For a girl, we tend to choose a Bazi chart whereby next time, she will have a good marriage with a loving husband. On top of this, we want her to have a good life too, so the luck cycle must be good, which means she will have good luck all her life.

In fact, the most important thing about caesarean date selection is that the baby cannot bring bad luck to the parents after he/she is born. This is the MOST important factor, on top of everything else.

So you can see, just using the animal sign alone is very superficial. The whole Bazi has to be taken into consideration.

I hope this clears some of your doubts
happy.gif

wannakoonzz

Hi David,
Really appreciate your detail information of Tong Shu and Bazi. Now i totally understand their differences.

How should i go ahead with getting my partner and my Bazi predicted? Do you do in online in the forum or you have a place for me to visit you?? If you have a shop for me to consult you, how much do you charge?

Btw, other than my Bazi and my partner's Bazi, do i still need both side parents' Bazi??? I heard from some elders that it is important that our wedding do not clash with the parents, especially when the newlywed are staying with the in-laws. Is it true??

I hope you do not mind me asking so much questions. I'm really lost with all these traditional stuff. However need to know as i have a very tradtional mother-in law...
happy.gif

Thank you for your patience in reading my email.

cmg_consulting

Hi wannakoonzz,

No worries at all. This forum is for me to help everyone clarify their doubts, so feel free to post any qns you have, anytime
happy.gif

Yes you are right. We need to ensure that day doesn't clash with both side parents as well. However, we don't need to use their Bazi. We only need to use their animal zodiac signs will do. Only the bazi of the groom and bride is needed. This is especially important if the bride is staying with the in-laws. But being on the "kiasu" side, I will avoid clashing with the parents, regardless whether if the bride is staying with the in-laws or not
happy.gif

For Bazi wedding dates selection, it overlaps into my consultaton services which I provide to my clients, so I can't provide it online here or it will be unfair to all my clients. Hope you understand. If you want more information on this etc, can you drop me an email at [email protected] ?

Thanks
happy.gif

firenze

Hi David,
I heard that it is inauspicious to hold one's wedding on the birthday month of either the bride/groom/parents. Is this true and does it apply to the whole month or just the birthday date itself?
Thanks!

cmg_consulting

Hi firenze,

This is not true. This is not part of the consideration when we do wedding dates calculation, so not to worry
happy.gif

Hope this helps

jodek

Hi David

Please advise if 21 Sep 09 & 26 Dec 09 are suitable wedding dates for me?
Bride: Horse
Groom: Snake

Bride's parent: Rabbit & Rat
Groom's parent: Dog

Thanks

cmg_consulting

Hi libra_kc81,

Your dates are hard to choose coz a lot of auspicious dates clashes to either of you or your parents.

Anyway, you can try the following general auspicious dates:

15/08, 21/09, 29/09, 03/10, 19/11, 1/12, 6/12, 13/12, 25/12

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi jodek,

21st Sep is a general Tong Shu auspicious good day for wedding that doesn't clash to any of you.

26th Dec is not a general Tong Shu auspicious day for wedding, but it is a good day by itself. If your Bazi fits this day, then you can use it.

I cannot tell based on animal signs if these dates are suitable for you. The only way to do this will be via using Bazi (birthday and time of birth).

Hope this helps.

firenze

Hi David,
My in-laws are a bit concerned about having our wedding in a tiger year (2010). Is there any truth to this, that tiger year is not good? Any concerns about holding it near Chinese new year as well?
Bride & Groom: metal rooster
Groom's parents: Goat and rat
Bride's parents: ox and rat
thanks...

piyo_piyo

Hi David,

Kindly advise whether 21/11/09, 06/12/09, 13/12/09 are suitable wedding date for me? I tentatively choose 13/12/09, is it good for us?

Bride: Monkey
Groom: Dragon

Bride's parent: Both are rabbit
Groom's parent: Ox and Tiger

I heard that Dragon n monkey are good match, is that true?

Thank you so much!

yuki28

Hi David

I am thinking of 9/9 as my ROM date however it falls during the seventh month. Is it not a good idea to ROM in the seventh month?

cmg_consulting

Hi firenze,

There is no such thing as Tiger year not good to get married in. There are millions of happy couples in the world that gets married in the Tiger year. And there are also many couples who gets married in the Dragon year (or any other year that is "suppose" to be good for marriage by animal zodiac sign alone), but end up divorcing . There is no logic to this. It is just a 'belief" or "urban legend" as you might want to call it.

As for CNY, some elderly believe it is not good to get married in. Reason being that they believe if you get married in the 1st lunar month, then your marriage will be "Got start, no finish" (You Tou Mei Wei). This is absolutely not true and is just another "belief" that's all. Again, there is no logic to this. However, since marriage is suppose to be a happy event, and if your parents or in-laws firmly believe that you should not get married in CNY period or 1st lunar month, it will be good to go with their wishes just to make them happy. Anyway,it is just one month difference ...
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Hui,

21/11 is not a good date for wedding.

6/12 clashes to your parents, so not advisable to use

13/12 is ok. A general auspicious Tong Shu date for wedding and doesn't clash to anyone.

However, these are general dates only and I cannot tell you if this day is good or bad for both of you without seeing both your Bazi.

You cannot determine whether if both of you are good match just by looking at the animal signs alone (which is Monkey and Dragon). This is a very superficial way of analysing compatibility. The whole Bazi, which is the birthday and time of birth, have to be taken into account. Remember that the animal sign is just one character out of the eight characters in a Bazi...so it's accuracy is 12.5% or less!

Hope this helps.

cmg_consulting

Hi Sharon,

Strictly speaking from the perspective of Chinese Metaphysics, 7th month also can get married in. There is no rule saying we can't.

However, as Chinese, we don't like to get married during that period and most elderly will not like it as well. So if your parents or in-laws mind about this, it is best to avoid to make them happy
happy.gif

sparkless

Hi David,

We are planning to get married on 21 Nov 09.

Both of us are Horses.

Groom's parents : Dragon and Horse
Bride's parents : Pig and Snake

Is this date okay? Thanks

cmg_consulting

Hi Tulips,

21st Nov 09 is not an good date for marriage. If you haven't book your banquet venue, I suggest changing this date to a better date.

Hope this helps.

piyo_piyo

Thanks David. I heard my dad said 6/12 is a date whereby good for me and my hubby but clashes with them (Rabbit). Therefore, i also think is not good to choose that day as well. Thank you :>

sher02

Hi David,

I've got our bazi and all our parents' zodiac animals and are looking at getting married in june/july 2010. Do you know if we need to wait for the tong shu before we can choose a date?

Thank you!

mige16

Hi David,

May I know what are the general good dates between Nov 2009 - Jan 2010 for Goat(groom) and Dog(bride).

Parents: Dog(bride's parents), Snake (groom's parents)

Thanks a million!

summerain

Hi David,

May i check if 4 Dec 09 is a good date for:
Bride: Dog
Groom: Monkey
Bride's Parents: Dad (Dragon), Mum( Goat)
Groom's parents: Dad (Tiger), Mum(Snake)

Thanks!!

karenkong

Hi David,

We are planning to get married on 08 Aug 09.
It's June in Lunar calendar, i heard people saying that June is not a good month as the couples will not last.. Chinese saying "1/2 year" meaning the couple will only walk till half way of their marriage... is this true??

Groom : Rooster
Bride : Monkey

Thanks alot for your help..
happy.gif

wannakoonzz

Hi David,
Thank you for the advise and understanding.
I will discuss with my partner then will email you. Thank you very much!!

cmg_consulting

Hi Sher,

You don't have to wait for the Tong Shu to be out for selecting 2010 dates. For authentic date selections, you can select dates for any year using Bazi (which is the accurate and right method). In fact, most of my clients are selecting dates for 2010 now as most of the 2009 weekends dates for banquet venues are almost fully booked by now.

cmg_consulting

Hi Karen,

This is just a myth or urban legend. There is no logic to this and is certainly not true. However, if your parents or in-laws firmly believe in this, then i will advise you to please them and to follow their wishes coz marriage is suppose to be a happy event after all
happy.gif

By the way, have you book the banquet venue yet?

karenkong

Hi David,

Thanks for ur prompt reply.
happy.gif

I have not book the banquet yet.. Both my partner and i like would like to held on 08Aug...
Is this a good day for marriage?

Thanks alot!
happy.gif

dustystar

Hi David,

I am thinking of holding booking my banquet on either 20/03/2010 or 29/05/2010. Which is better?

Groom: Dog
Bride: Pig
Bride's Parents: Dad (Rooster), Mum(Dog)
Groom's parents: Dad (Dragon), Mum(Rooster)

Thanks!!

pearlypearl

Dear David,

I came across singaporebrides.com and saw your services on the forum page.

I would like to find out from you on the auspicious date to hold ROM ceremony (during Sept/ Oct 2009) and customary wedding (during Jan/ Feb 2010, before CNY). Or if I combine both ROM and customary, then it will be in Jan/ Feb 2010 before CNY.

I was also advised that year 2010 is not a good year to get married, not because it is the year of the Tiger but because it is "mang nian", is this true?

The zodiac signs are as follows:
Groom: Tiger (Lunar 7th Month 9th Day)
Bride: Monkey (Lunar 8th Month 8th Day)
Bride's Parents: Dad (Snake), Mum(Horse)
Groom's parents: Dad (Dragon), Mum(Dragon)

I heard that Tiger and Monkey are the least compatible couple, hence what are your advice for me?

I look forward to hear from you soon!

Many thanks!

wakeup2asmile

Dear David,

Would you be able to advise which date would be more ideal for my wedding banquet and customary?

- 16 Oct 2009 or
- 03 Jan 2010

Groom: Monkey (Birth Date: 30/04/80)
Bride: Horse (Birth Date: 07/06/78)
Bride's Mum: Horse
Groom's Parents: Mum & Dad (Rabbit)

Thank you so much!

lml

Dear David,
Would like to consult your advice on my ROM & wedding customary. I hv dropped you an email on our birth date zodiac signs.

Thank you.

ryan79

Dear David

I hope you can help me on this.

My parents have been seeking auspiscious dates from different geomancers & all dates are different. What should I do?

Our zodiac signs are as follows:
Groom: Sheep
Bride: Dog
Bride's Parents: Dad (Tiger), Mum(Monkey)
Groom's parents: Dad (Rabbit), Mum(Sheep)

Is it true that Year 2010 is not a good year for wedding?

Sad to say I also heard that Sheep & Dog are the least compatible couple, will you have any advice to share?

cmg_consulting

Hi jessie,

The Tong Shu for 2010 is not out yet. The only way now to select 2010 dates is by Bazi Date Selection.

However, for 20/03/2010, it clashes to Pig, which is you. And for 29/5, it clashes to Rooster, which is your HTB's mum. So both days cannot be used.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Jen,

16th Oct 09 is a good general date for wedding. 3rd Jan 2010 is not a good date for wedding. So if you can choose, 16th Oct will be a much better choice
happy.gif