Master David Tong's Advice Corner (Geomancy and Fengshui)

Sosa

Hi Master Tong,

Would you explain to me why it is important to set a good date for BOTH the ROM and the solemnization? Which one is more important? Is 3.08.14 a good day for solemnization? Is 30 days enough time between attending my cousin's wedding & my ROM?

Bride: 1982 Dog 12.19
Groom: 1977 Snake 12.07

Bride's Father: 1947 Pig
Bride's Mother: 1956 Monkey

Groom's Mother: 1948 Rat (Deceased) 05.04
Groom's Father: 1945 Rooster 07.01

Thanks very much!

Flyingbear

Hi Master Tong,

We are planning to ROM in either Nov 2013/Dec 2013 or Oct/Nov/Dec 2014. Can you advise?
Plan to do a simple ROM so pls advise.

Groom: Goat
Bride: Pig

Groom Dad: Monkey
Groom Mom: Cow

Bride Dad: Cow
Bride Mom: Dragon

Thank!

cactus2

Dear Master Tong,

We plan to get married on Satursday 04/10/2014,

BRIDE : RABBIT 22/06/87
GROOM : BEEF 09/04/85

Is that good for us please ?

cmg_consulting

Hi asxy2

That day doesn't clash to anyone (clash to dragon). However, you have to wait till aug 2014 for the tong Shu to be out to check if it is a general good date for wedding. Right now , the only way to check is using bazi to calculate the auspicious dates

Hope this helps :)

cmg_consulting

Hi huims

That day clash to rabbit. As long none of you or both side parents are rabbit, that is fine. We don't consider siblings data , else you will never find a good date if you have tons of siblings !

cmg_consulting

Hi woshileen

For 2014, 7th dec to 5th jan is 岁破 month, not a gd month for wedding

For 2015 dates, the tong Shu will be only be out next yr aug, so can only check the general good dates then. Right now can only use bazi to calculate

For now, only the following dates doesn't clash to anyone

- 13/3

Rest either clashes or bad dates for wedding

cmg_consulting

Hi doushabao

Yes you definitely cannot move house during Reno. If you move house, the changes in Qi in the new house may affect (or may not) affect the baby, so there is a risk of complications or worse case scenario, miscarriage

For Reno, you can so long as you are not staying in the house. So if it is a new house, that is fine as you are not staying there. In feng shui, where you stay affects you

Hope this helps and congrats :)

cmg_consulting

Hi Sosa,

Rom date is more impt coz that is the official date both of you sign on paper and become husband and wife

Customary date is more of a Chinese customs but usually we still choose a good date to ensure the flow of events is smooth that day etc etc.

3rd aug 2014 is in the 7th lunar mth

3 months before and after your wedding AND Rom, you cannot attend others wedding , rom, wakes and child birth/baby shower. So it is 3mth, not 30 days!

cmg_consulting

Hi Flyingbear

2013 is snake yr n clashes pig, hence not a good yr for wedding

For 2014, here are odometer general good dates

- 14/10, 22/11, 29/11, 4/12

Hope this helps (in between there is the leap month and year breaker mth,hence not that many dates)

asxy2

Hi asxy2

That day doesn't clash to anyone (clash to dragon). However, you have to wait till aug 2014 for the tong Shu to be out to check if it is a general good date for wedding. Right now , the only way to check is using bazi to calculate the auspicious dates

Hi Master Tong,

Thanks for the advise. Are you able to PM me what are the info you need for the bazi calculation? I'll like to knw what are the auspicious date for us?

Thank you in advance!

doushabao

Hi doushabao

Yes you definitely cannot move house during Reno. If you move house, the changes in Qi in the new house may affect (or may not) affect the baby, so there is a risk of complications or worse case scenario, miscarriage

For Reno, you can so long as you are not staying in the house. So if it is a new house, that is fine as you are not staying there. In feng shui, where you stay affects you

Hope this helps and congrats :)

Thank you!!

dec14btb

Hi Master Tong, my bf and i are getting married on 27th Dec n i understand that day clashes tiger. Is it ok if my flower girl is a tiger? She will only be there for the wedding banquet march in. Thanks!

cmg_consulting

Hi Jbunny

These are the only general tong Shu good weekends and doesn't clash to anyone

- 06/09, 07/09, 29/11

Rest are bad or clashes or not general good dates for wedding

Hanny13

Dear master tong,

Can you kindly advise if 2015 is a good year for me and my fiancé to marry?

Groom: rabbit (1987)
Bride: dragon (1988)

Groom father: monkey
Groom mother: Dog

Bride father: cow (1949)
Bride mother: monkey (1956)

I understand the exact date itself must use Bazi to calculate.. But I just want to know if 2015 is generally ok for us to marry according to zodiac sign?
Thank you!

dec14btb

Hi master tong, thanks! Also a fortune teller gave us the date 27 dec 2014, but i read in the forum that u mentioned dec 2014 is a sui po month, not good for wedding. Does that mean i cant use 27 dec 2014 anymore? Thanks!

Jbunny

Hi Jbunny

These are the only general tong Shu good weekends and doesn't clash to anyone

- 06/09, 07/09, 29/11

Rest are bad or clashes or not general good dates for wedding

Thank you Master Tong,

Does the bazi of the bride and groom affects any of these dates? Or any of these dates will be fine?

Thank you in advance!

Adriantanwl

Hi Master Tong!
I'm are planning to get married on 22nd Nov 2015\30th Nov 2015 we r doing both the ROM and Chinese customary on the same day.
Appreciate if you can advise or guide us whether the dates is good?
GROOM : Year 1987, Rabbit
BRIDE : Year 1988, Dragon

Groom's father : Year 1953, Snake (deceased)
Groom's mother : Year 1954, Horse

Bride's father : Year 1962, Tiger
Bride's mother : Year 1962, Tiger
Many Thanks in advance!

dj828

Dear Master Tong,

Good day to you :)

I'm May & I need your advise what time should I be 'marry' out from the Bride house ?
(both of us are Teochew)

Our AD date: 14 Feb 2014

Groom: Rabbit (1975)
Bride: Rat (1972)

Groom Dad: Goat (1943)
Groom Mom: Ox (1949)

Bride Dad: Dragon (1952)
Bride Mom: ----

my email is: [email protected] , thank you inadvance :)

cmg_consulting

Hi dec14btb

Every yr there is one mth that clashes with the year, and that month is not good for important activities like wedding etc. For 2014 horse yr, rat mth clashes with the year and rat mth is from 7/12-5/1

Hope this helps

cmg_consulting

Hi jbunny

Yes of course. the dates i gave you are generic dates only. Both your bazi are not taken into consideration yet. For bazi calculation of wedding dates, it is part of my consultation services, hence I do charge for it, else will be unfair to my paying clients.

cmg_consulting

Hi Adriantanwl

30th nov 2015 clashes to Dragon, hence cannot be used

22nd Nov 2015 doesnt clash to anyone, but have to wait for tong shu for 2015 to be out next yr aug to find out if it is a general good date or not . Right now the only way to calculate is using bazi only.

kateang

Hello there Master Tong,

First of all just like to say thank you for sharing your advices with all of us.

My other half and myself have just booked our ROM date, 29 March 2014. Is that date non clashing for us?

Groom: 28 dec 1975
Bride: 11 march 1987

Groom dad: 10 sept 1950
Groom mom: 21 march 1951

Bride dad: 11 june 58
Bride mom: 22 march 1960

Thanks so much in advance :)

GenevieveP

Hello Master Tong,

Thank you for sharing your advices!
We would like to check with you with regards to the month of APRIL 2015.

We thought of 25th April 2015, however is it advisable to marry during the ching ming month, although it's after?
If not, any Saturday in April good or auspicious for us? We went to shifu at temple but was told tongshu not out for 2015 so we are lost as to how to find a date then.

Groom: 02 Jun 1987 (Rabbit)
Bride: 19 Jul 1990 (Horse)

Groom Dad: Horse (1954)
Groom Mom: Rat (1959 before chinese new year)

Bride Dad: Pig (1959)
Bride Mom: Rooster (1958)

Would appreciate your valuable advise!

thisnite

Hi Master Tong,
I would like to get married on 21 September 2014, can you please advise if this is a good date?
GROOM : Year 1978, Horse
BRIDE : Year 1978, Horse

Groom's father : Year 1948, Rat
Groom's mother : Year 1949, Boar

Bride's father : Year 1948, Rat
Bride's mother : Year 1948, Rat

Thank you!

cmg_consulting

Hi GenevieneP

It must be after the 3rd lunar Qing Ming mth as Chinese don't hold wedding during that period

Yes the tong Shu for 2015 will only b out next yr in aug or sept period. So if you r looking at only general dates will have to wait till then. For now, the only way to select is using both your bazi (birthday n time of birth) and this is the accurate method as tong Shu dates r generic dates for mass consumption only and both your birth data are not taken into consideration at all. Hence a general good date in the tong Shu can still b inauspicious for both of you if the date is not compatible with both your bazi

soyabean_iris

Dear Master Tong,

My bf and I are considering to hold our wedding on 23 Nov 2014 for both ROM and customary.
Would appreciate if you can please advise us if this is a good date?

Groom: Year 1983, Boar
Bride: Year 1985, Ox

Groom's father: Year 1957, rooster
Groom's mother: Year 1958, rooster

Bride's father: Year 1960, Rat
Bride's mum: Year 1963, tiger

Thank you!

cmg_consulting

Hi soyabean_iris

23rd Nov is not a general tong shu good date for wedding.

22nd Nov or 29th Nov are general good date and doesn't clash to anyone

hazelang88

Hi Master Tong,

I have selected a few dates for wedding in 2014. I would like to seek your advice in these dates :

06 Sept 2014
27 Sept 2014
11 Oct 2014
19 Oct 2014
20 Dec 2014

Groom : Rat
Bride : Dragon

Groom's dad : Pig
Groom's Mum : Rabbit

Bride's dad : Goat
Bride's mum : Rooster

Many thanks! :)