Marina Bay Sands (MBS)

liquidzza

Hi Wendy there's a few in taobao and ikea has a simple glassware three tier one at ard $20 I think. I bought this but haven't receive, dunno if it's too small..http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=12450958930
U can search they have other varieties too! When I rec mine can share with those interested;)

Moodyliser, wah u took photos in Greece? So nice, show us leh!!! Hehe...think may she have a lot nice stuff, m maybe your brother sisters dress too!

Michele think we dun have much updates of food m svc here oz the btbs here haven't graduate.. But my friends who went Dnf at Mbs so it's not bad. Hw many guest r u planning? I think Fullerton is nice! But I can't meet the table requirement, or Conrad?

mixue87

Hi liquidzza, we are planning for 42 tables. And my HTB doesn't like Fullerton. We attended one there and they actually played christmas songs during the wedding! It wasn't even christmas! Disappointed.

mixue87

By the way, what are the perks that mbs are usually able to give? Is it strictly as written on their standard package contract? Like no room for discussion? And what kind of decor is the standard package? Do you have to top up alot to enhance the decor?

liquidzza

Hi michelle,I think mbs is really strict with their perks.all the brides here didn't manage to get additional perks. But since you r taking so many tables you can try asking? For flowers I'm not sure how the standard ones look like, n much to top up too, need to check with florist. How can they play Xmas sing at wedding in Fullerton? So weird!

mixue87

thanks liquidzza. wanna check if anyone has a good coordinator from mbs to recommend? the one I got seems a bit irresponsible and not responsive to emails. ask anything also not sure not sure.

moodyliser

Liquidzza!!! Friday is Gladys last day.
I wonder who will be coordinating for Gladys Couples.

Michele: quite a few comments abt jeremy coordinator > bo chup attitude

mixue87

Thanks moodyliser. Ya... he is indeed very not chup. But everything after signing the deal will be dealt with by the banquet manager correct? Who else is there besides jeremy and gladys?

liquidzza

oh no, mine was initially signed with gladys and she handed me to jeremy low...should i request to change coordinator? but i havent seen him before..

liquidzza

@pamela, i got taobao through PEEKA, recommended by BTBs...

@moodyliser, my gowns are not ready during 2nd fitting... in the end i top up $200 for lace for my tea dress. dont know worth it anot coz only a small piece of lace for top cost extra $200. how about ur gown? my coordinator is jeremy too, he seems quite prompt in replying to my email...hope hes ok?

our2712

hi ladies

finally decided on MBS as my banquet venue.

my coordinator is jeremy lok too. he was quite bo chup initially. however, he has been very prompt in replying emails recently (even when i emailed him at 8PM, i get a reply quite fast).

it would be good to give him a chance.

moodyliser

Hi all,
Went to America Wedding Treasures for Wedding Card Selection.

* There are more than 30 type of wedding cards for you to choose
* printing can choose either ink print (normal color print) or stamp print (only have gold, silver, copper). Enbross prints need to pay extra.
* If the wedding cards include ribbon, it will be provided.
* Accessories are not included in the package such as bling stub, envelope linen, buttons etc.
*Go select 4 months before your wedding as some wedding cards may not have stocks or has longer lead time for delivery. So you have sufficient time to pick and send out to you guest
* Inserts: 2 types of materials - glossy and matt, in pearl white or cream.
Envelope: very standard matt envelope usually is cream color. Additional charges require for selecting gold, bronze, blue etc in Glossy.
* 4 sizes of ribbon (0.5", 0.57", 1", 2") and many color - selection depend on your card design
*Alert: if you need 2 languages for your invitation, selection invitation card that can put 2 language as some invitation cards may only provide one language.
* Preparation: Have Your parent english and chinese names (simplified or Traditional) information with you when visit AWT

liquidzza

thanks so much for the information Moodyliser!!! what did u choose for your cards in the end? sounds like a lot of decisions to be made on the spot hor (card, color, prinr, font...?)
ooo, can we go to the printer earlier? the wedding timeline writes 3months?

my photoshoot in sg is 11 may..preparing the props n stuff now...so excited..3rd fitting of mtm gown on 19apr..hope the final works will turn out well!

moodyliser

hi Liquidzza,
Yes, is good to make on the spot.
If you are driving, parking lot is not easy to find.
Their opening hours is 1 to 7pm Mon to Sat. Good to go early to avoid congestion.
I would recommend 4 months before hand to choose your wedding cards. Printing for inserts requires 2 weeks. Out of stock wedding cards may need 2 to 4 weeks to arrive. All in, just nice you are in 3rd month. When reach 2nd month, you can start sending out the cards. Time frame just nice. (the timeline of what jeremy has sent is just a guideline but personally 3rd month to go select might be too late. need to buffer in if anything went wrong)
Yes on the spot decision: card, inserts, ribbon color, printing type, font, pictures (e.g. double happiness logo).
Do rem, only one tone color printing is in the package. To highlight: When you do selection, you may WOW by 2 tone colors wording of the inserts which match the invitation card so well but you only can choose one tone. So look careful during matching.

I will visit June and Sing See Soon Florist for next few weeks. There was one more new vendor - woodvile. GOt some pictures from them, their standing flora seem nicer than SSS. Will do more survey.

11May is so fast! Any idea where you wana go for photoshooting? Will you be able to wear your own MTM gown for outdoor photoshoot. i heard some don't allow AD gown to be out for photoshoot. I am excited to see your gown ... take more photo
happy.gif

Hi Vicher,
Great you are one of us.
WHich ballroom they have assigned to you?
He did reply promptly during the very first email reply.
Now he back to bo chup

our2712

moodyliser: sounds so exciting. having your shoot and trying your gowns.

we got the 4th floor ballroom. can't remember the name now. he was quite on in replying my emails. hopefully he won't go back to being bo chup. heh.

liquidzza

@moodyliser...yes i will be wearing all my mtm gowns for photoshoot..hehe..want to wear their other gowns also cannot lo...havent decide on my venue yet leh..moomedia said they will send us a suggested itinerary after our 1st discussion on places we want to go, but didnt until now..its like a month already.. =( think they are busy/ overseas. but seriously, i spend almost $10k with them for pre-wed and ad photoshoot, but service like not up to expectation. i even got to cal them for our 1st discussion, n no sound from them though shoot is next month..hope the photos turn out good else not worth to spend so much already...

ya i also notice got one more florist. search online but their website is down and cant find them on fb...

brchcwc

hi all,

my htb and i have more or less confirmed our banquet in nov 2013. our main concern though is the food as we had heard many mixed reviews about the quality of the food served during the banquet dinner. can anyone share their reviews of the food pls? thanks in advance! =)

moodyliser

Hi brchcwc,
Actually their food is pretty standard with the rest of the banquet. Do bear in mind all banquet food have the same quality when come to mass production. Would be totally different from food tasting. The only thing i would highlight is the type of food that the hotel is serving. I realize many hotels has replace abalone with bing ling mushroom, shark fin with fish maw or shredded crab/chicken, 9 courses to 7/8 courses, suckling pig cold plate to normal cold combination but they are still quoting rate per table higher than MBS. For me, it is more important to serve the type of food to the guests and what i am paying for. Otherwise the guest will comment cheapo banquet though you have paid a premium.
Just need to emphasis the banquet manager that the food must serve hot.

Hi liquidzza,
Yes i do agree that lots overseas photoshooting are happening this period as well. Do push them, otherwise complain to the high management. you have pay for the premium.

brchcwc

btw, may i ask if anyone got a good coordinator to recommend? I feel that my coordinator isn't that efficient as her efficiency level is not very good and she always has lots of excuses, making us feel quite upset.. thanks in advance!

brchcwc

there's only two? my coordinator told me that there are MANY coordinators at mbs besides her... zzz.. are u holding ur banquet at mbs too?

mixue87

I thought there's only Jeremy and jennifer? Cause Gladys left. And they are the only team that does weddings at mbs. The rest focuses on other events i think. I'm going to confirm my booking today with them! And i actually requested to switch from jeremy to jennifer. Is she your coordinator?

brchcwc

ya she's my coordinator actually.. lol.. i want to cfm my booking with them today too but she hasn't send us the drafted agreement till now even though she promised to send us a few days back.. and so far whatever she promised us, she hasn't been able to deliver.. sighs don't know whether she's so busy till she has no time to get back to us for anything.. just checking.. do u get ur drafted agreement before u do ur booking? how long did u wait to get ur drafted agreement?

mixue87

Oh no. I haven't gotten any agreement because it's the first time we r meeting her after waiting so long for jeremy to reply which he still did not in the end. So we just decided to change coordinator. Sad. Looks like mbs doesn't have any good coordinators. Such a drastic difference from the other hotels. Those like four seasons and ritz carlton were so prompt in replying to my queries and even called up to follow up when i didn't respond. Then again, it could be that mbs is short handed? I hope they do get more people in the team to help improve the service standards.

brchcwc

yup it's kinda sad mbs doesn't have any good coordinators.. i agree with u.. the other hotels were so prompt and helpful.. maybe jennifer is the 'better' one as compared to jeremy.. take note though if u have jennifer as ur coordinator, u might hv to push her to send u the agreement.. we had to call her a few times before she finally start to look at our agreement.. afterall the deposit is v ex.. $8k.. ltr u pay the deposit and by the time ur agreement comes(if there is some loopholes), there's nth u can do cuz u hv ald fork out so much $$..

mixue87

Hey babes i just confirmed my booking with jennifer nd although it was our first meetup, we can see a drastic difference between her attitude and jeremy's. For all the minor details she would let us know and assure us of the costs as we told her upfront we want to know the cost of everything and made sure it was all made clear. I think it's best to be upfront with her if you want any arrangements or are concerned about the hidden cost so she can constantly advise you where there might be costs incurred. Also, i think she's more flexible. She did say the draft contract may need a week to be done as she currently has to take over gladys's portfolio. I would recommend her for your coordinator over jeremy. Felt more comfortable with her.
happy.gif

dan_cat

hi all, i am also mbs bride. i think mbs has more coordinators, but maybe all left. last time, i met lesney but don't like her service, so pass on to jeremy. then my friend shared about jeremy's service, so i don't feel comfortable with him. afterall man is not as detailed as woman when comes to planning, so i was recommended to look for gladys and i like her service. gladys is professional and experience. after reading all the messages, i am very concern. i think mbs needs to train their staff or find more experience people. otherwise our BIG day will be affected. seems like many couples here were under gladys. now i am taken care by jennifer, so far so good. yes, response is a bit slow. but still cannot find excuse needs to take care of gladys' portfolio la... jeremy is also taking care of gladys' portfolio mah... i will complain to mbs management if there is any problem. very expensive and once in lifetime event, cannot take it so easy...
sad.gif

moodyliser

Hi MBS bride,
I think not only we are facing this problem. Other hotel coordinators are resigning as well and the brides are facing the same problem. Esp the "after bonus" effect. So let us be patient and let them sort things out first.

Mixue/Brchcwc,
I signed a form and paid 8K. Thereafter wait for gladys to email draft. After finalization, she will send the hardcopy to you to sign off and send back to them. A hardcopy of both parties signatures will be sent back to you. all in i think approximately 1 month.

dan_cat

hi moodyliser,
when gladys called me to inform she is leaving, in case we write to her and no response from her (very thoughtful of her), she also mentioned jennifer and jeremy have been with mbs for more than 1 year, so they are equally good and know the job well. so, hopefully they can keep up the standard.... anyway, my wedding is end of the year, so have not gone into the details yet.

liquidzza

oh my, two coordinators left in mbs? but they have so many ballrooms. my coordinator was assigned to jeremy after gladys left too. jeremy was quite prompt to reply me my 1st email but subsequently not so prompt already. but hearing that there are only two of them in charge of wedding, i guess they might be really busy...hope everything goes well for us!!!

wedding coordinator and banquet manager will be very impt for us, really hope that they will step up their manpower to cope with us....

lynnwei

Hi ladies

Was wondering if any of you knows how much would it cost to add a dessert buffet for the wedding lunch?

moodyliser

Ladies,
Just received email from AWT. My invitation cards will have further delay for another 1 month despite I select in 4th month. From mid may to mid june due to invitation card further out of stock. To urge all brides to select invitation card even earlier to avoid such thing happen (very dangerous)

liquidzza

moody: oh dear, why take so long...=(

Lynnwei: it really depends what kind of dessert you like.macaroons and cupcakes are generally more expensive and can cost up to min $1500 from quotations that i have received. including tags and flowers and design. but its out of my budget. the simple candy buffets are like The MR & MRS (can find on fb), then they charge about $800 but its quite simple candy n some cupcakes... i think i be DIYing..but gotta send MBS the list of candies and pictures, and also sign indemnity...quite troublesome, but i would still like to have one..hehe

liquidzza

Hi kynnwei, heres the vendors ive asked..
Vendors

1. Love Republic ($1200- $1500)
Jars or trays or scoops
Letterings and love quotes
Small photo gallery as centrepiece (optional), photos printed by us
Candles
Artificial flowers
All the above props will be matched accordingly to your wedding theme or colour theme and to be returned after the wedding event, except the photos

As for the food items, there are various options --- for 100 guests, a variety of 4-5 items will suffice. Macaroons are a great choice and always ideal for wedding. Other items may include chocolate/ chocolate bars, sweets, cupcakes/ brownies, etc.

All items will come with personalised labelling. As part of our value-added service, we can also help to design a simple initial or wedding monogram (max 3 options) for free as part of the labelling design.

You can let me know if you have any budget in mind for the candy buffet, but ideally, the cost for a candy buffet (with whole set-up) for 100 guests is approximately between 1.2 to 1.5K depending on the final food selection.

2.Dessert and Palettes (min spend $1500)
It would include:
- set up 
- concept visual boards
- sweets etc
- cupcakes
- doggie bags
(additional per head count is $25)

3. Dessert Cup

Sweet Romance Celebration Cupcakes (PETITE abt 3.5cm)
(each individually dressed with your themed colors & pretty sprinkles & with/without a customised cupcake topper)
=> Each cup is further lined with a lace wrapper

50pcs Petite Cupcake without cupcake topper (about 3.5-4cm) @$2.80 each ( bulk price for order of min 100pcs total)
50pcs Petite Cupcake with cupcake topper (about 3.5-4cm) @$4.20 each ( bulk price for order of min 100pcs total)
100pcs lace cupcake wrapper @$1.00 each ( pre-order required)
100pcs of

Estimated total : $450

We can also provide you with other some sweet bites

You may choose to put on funny or romantic text on the cupcake topper and even put on your and your hubby's name.

OTHERS ( Optional)

Jumbo Cupcake :  $48 (suitable for cake cutting and to be placed on the top of the tier)

Ribbons, Cake Tier Set Up & Delivery :  $70 ( plus Rental deposit $150, refundable when tier is returned the following day)

4. Twelve Cupcakes
Cupcakes $33/ dozen
Fondants (Alphabets or 2d figurines) : 50c each
Single Gift Boxes : 50c each
Delivery $30 
Wedding Stand Rental : $40

5. Pine Garden
Price for provision of items (without set-up): $1,565 before GST for 10 food types and quantity stated below.
Dessert Items

Qty

Mini Cupcakes with icing80
Fruit Tartlets80
Cake "Bons Bons" with Chocolate Coating80
Pink Swirl Candies120
Orange Swirl Candies120
Marshmallow120
Jelly Shots80
Mousse Cups80
Cookies (Square)80
Cookies (Round)80

3)    $23 per pax (before GST) includes 10 food types and quantity above, rental of glassware for display of food, set-up, on-site labour, transportation. Minimum order for 100 pax.

1)    $21 per pax (before GST) includes any 8 food types and quantity above, rental of glassware for display of food, set-up, on-site labour, transportation. Minimum order for 100 pax.

2)    Flora arrangements for the whole set-up can be included for additional charge of $550 before GST.

liquidzza

Hi lynnwei, Can't find the mr & mrs, but u can check their fb and ask them directly..brink their price is the lower a,only all. But selection n decor not as elaborate..

Dessert cup n Twelve cupcake only do cupcakes no full candy bar..
Hope the above helps

sshheena

Hi anyone have their banquet at MBS ?
I have a problem , i paid 15k deposit for 40 tables

and i just receive a SMS that the management require a FULL PRE PAYMENT ?

how uh ? =((
all my bridal package and stuffs had booked and confirmed ..

lynnwei

Hi sheena,

When is your actual day? To my understanding the next payment is 30 days before your actual day... It's on the contract...

sshheena

my actual day is 27 Jan 2013

the contract with 10k deposit we haven sign..

when we handed another 5k to the coordinator , we asked him to draft a new contract..

the new contract haven out , he sent us this shocking SMS , wanting FULL PAYMENT .. =(

Sighs... it makes me very very worry .. cuz we already inform friends/relatives.. Everyone.. that we will held there ..

moodyliser

hi Sshheena , i have drop you msg in perfectwedding forum .

you haven't got your contract so far? even there is no draft?
who is your coordinator.
tell him straight this was not mentioned upfront during negotiation of contract.
Go to higher management if he insists.
lynnwei is right, final deposit is 1 month before your actual day which should be 50% of what is remaining after downpayment.

sshheena

for the 10k he draft out we haven sign then he wants another 5K .

Then we just give lor , then total 15k . we ask him draft a new contract . Then now say wan a FULL PAYMENT .. (50k plus)

my coordinator is jeremy ...

moodyliser

Hi sshheena ,
since already initial draft is already out, it should be valid as well.
show him the black and white. tell him you are on wedding but not cooperate event. This is standard, no one pay full upfront.
When you gave him the deposit, there wasn't any term say you have to pay full. Check the clause from the draft and niao him.

You check this website, there is one MBS name card. Don't know if his position is high enough to handle complaint http://blog.bythuongtran.com/

I am quite piss with jeremy too.

sshheena

my hubby just met Jeremy superior ,
he say he need to ask the boss and let me know tmr .

cuz they just change their policy =(