Margaret Brides

tatsumi_asato

Hi, I have gone down to MB and was charmed by her gowns. She was not pushy at all and the service was very personalise.

FH and me like her gowns and most likely we will sign up for her service. Too lazy to look for other BS as well.

ahrainrain

Hi PK,

Do you want a Cheong sum for your teadress or evening gown? Her package does not include tea dress but if you want ,it chargeable at $800 to keep.

bedazzle

Hi all,
my wedding is just over, and I would highly recommend Margaret to anyone. I took the wedding gown over the rack from Marg to keep, but bought my own evening gown from elsewhere. Her service is really good and she always has good and honest advice and opinions for you. She's never pushy and always has her full attention on you during your appointments with her. I felt that she's someone I can trust.

Everyone loves my wedding gown. No regrets at all, even though it was over my budget.

My MUA is Kelly (recommended by Marg) and I simply love her. She's a really nice lady and fantastic skills in her make up and hairdo. She made me look absolutely gorgeous. All my friends and family members were full of praises for her. Best of all, she's punctual, efficient and very helpful.

I had Jon Keng as both my pre-wedding and actual day photographer. The pre wedding album was really unconventional and left a great impression on all my guests. I'm eagerly awaiting my actual day photos to be out.

eureka29

Hi dor - would it be possible to send me any pics of Kelly's work? Am currently considering her right now as Margaret is recommending her to me. Is she good with fake eyelashes etc?

Would be great if you could email me at [email protected]

Many thanks!

tatsumi_asato

It will depends on what you need. Her simple gown starts at 2.2k. I did not take the full package as I do not need items like PS.

I think she quoted me 4.2k for the full package (simple gown). However, she will deduct away items you do not need.

In the end, I chose a full german lace gown + AD MUA (2 sessions + 1 trial) + flowers for AD for about 5k.

jaalie

Not yet...waiting for the glamour bash late this month..

Anyway I won't be free until mid Nov...
So hows ur preparation coming along...

Any brides out there care to share her wedding photos with me??

jaalie

Hi Rain,

someone told me is 25th Oct....I'm not sure if MB is participating...anyway no harm 2 go since most BS will gather there...

BTW, have u been 2 MB b4?

starduzz

Have anyone had bad experiences with Margaret? She seems to give me 'You don't know meh?' and 'Huh? Duh!' responses, when I met her..

ahrainrain

Hi all,

I met her twice,but the 1st visit was some time back.Personally,she is a nice lady,but sometime do show attitude ..maybe its just moodswing.

bronze

hi gals, i just had my wonderful wedding last Saturday & everybody was praising about my custom made wedding gown, evening gown & my kerbaya all day.. i never felt so beautiful in my life! Margaret did a awesome job in designing 3 of the outfits & not forgetting my makeup artist TG also... When i first met Margaret, she is a very professional & a frank person, that is why i chose her, but i am very sure she is not someone that is rude & sarcastic as I had spent sessions of designing & fittings with her. I needed someone who can give truthful & good advise & guide me till my Wedding & she has proven it, even my galfriends that i brought to her shop during fittings, love her shop & are still envying me that i have chosen the right designer for my Wedding as one of them had very bad experience with her bridal shop in Tanjong Pager. I will strongly recommend any bride that love lacy gown to go to Margaret without any hesitation.

chantilly

hello samie, i would also love to see your gowns especially the Kerbaya cos i am actually thinking of making one cos my husband-to-be is a peranakan.. i am seriously considering MS cos i really love her laces & i visited her 2 weeks ago.. she is very nice & so personalize. I have visited a few bridal shops before i went to margaret, most of the designers dont really serve & explain much during my visiting or i was only served by the sales people & they were so pushy so i was quite lost what i want until i came to margaret. She explains & she really knows alot of about laces & her job. I am very impressed even my husband-to-be and mother-in-law like her personalize service. Although her price may not sound cheap in the beginning but i can understand where she is coming cos the laces that she is using is so different from the other bridal shops that i have been. My mother-in-law wears laces very often so she told me that margaret is not charging unreasonably & is considered cheap especially for a big can can full laced french chantilly wedding gown that i have seen in her shop costs only S$8k. Cos usually when i shop at some boutiques, only a french laced with no lace on the skirt can easily costs S$5k - S$8k already. If i did not remember wrongly, her comprehensive package costs S$5850 which has most of the items inside but we can opt out any item that we dont need, very flexible. She mentioned that she will use laces from Germany for the package gown & trust me, i have tried also the german laces & they are very lovely too..

cloudycloudy

I am a Margaret's bride. Signed up off the rack rental package with her. I think is about S$4850 for a comprehensive one but i just paid margaret for my 2 gowns at 2.2k & the rest just need to pay respectively. The package seems very flexible cos you just pay what you need & we get to know the breakdown of each item from the package. I would not be getting married in Singapore so Margaret's package came very handy at the right time. Most of the bridal shops that i have been are not interested or would just deduct very minimum $ when i told them i do not need certain items. The main reason i chose margaret cos she is a very real & a detailed person. To be frank, i was a little shock when i first met her, cos she does not look like someone who has connection with laces or bridal stuff, she looks more like a fitness or diving instructor. But when she started to help me dressed me up in her changing room, every of her experience advice changes my thought immediately.. You might think that margaret has attitude at first, it is definitely not the arrogant type cos i can feel & see that she is just being herself but still professional, i think is her style to keep a certain distant from customers that she first met and i thought that is perfectly fine & normal.. Some other designers that i have visited gave me the "oh you must sign first then talk to me" the look. Yesterday was my third time meeting margaret & we talked like friends. She is so patient with me cos i am quite flicker minded as to which wedding gown to confirm after she let me tried almost 20 over beautiful gowns... Her lace work is remarkable & i know that the wedding gown that i best love, i will need to top up cos is a full laces gown, it will be over my budget but Wedding is once a lifetime, i will go for it with No regret!

tham_gns

I am considering between Margaret bride and Digio Bridal. I personally like the lace work by Margaret. But i was wondering when you take your AD photography, the grown stands out. Any one can share your experience or advice me on this.

40sbride

Hi Gals,

I saw in a bridal magazine that Margaret Brides was having a sale on 3rd and 4th. Anyone went for it? Any reviews? I think her gowns are so beautiful and the way she pulls it together is amazing. And yes I agree with those of you who have described her - her attitude may come across as abit standoffish at first, but she is a true professional and she speaks from a position of knowledge. That's just her la i think. But her advice to me was invaluable, she was ready to advise me even though I wasnt sure if I would buy from her or not.

Any BTB who went for the sale, do share pls.

TIA!

captain_piglet

Hi Agnes, I was a Margaret's Bride too! Just to share from experience, whether or not the gown stands out in your photographs also depends on the photographer you have chosen. A good photographer can make an ordinary gown looks nice on pics and a beautiful gown looks extremely gorgeous but a bad photographer could make a beautiful gown looks so-so.

angel96

Hello!

I'm considering MB, cos I like their ala carte services. 1 look, and you know its MB gown cos of the design and lace. We will be considering 2 other bridal boutique before we make a decision (ala carte service too). Basically, I'm looking out for clean cut, slightly laced and elegance.

I'm looking out for bridal boutiques that can provide ala carte service as my FH and me has decided not to go ahead with pre-wedding shoot. Instead, we will capture our wedding moments for the actual day, which serves more meaning to us both. Plus, we can stretch our budget for AD shoot if we can remove the PW shoot.
happy.gif
And with a package like Margaret, it sure fits us well.

Anyone can send across your MTM Margaret Brides gown, evening gown & kerbaya pictures to me? So far, I cannot visualize how MB's evening gown and kerbaya skirt might look like..Thanks a lot! Email me: [email protected].

angel96

Hi Agnes, I agree with Captain_Piglet too. The photographer you select makes a whole lot of difference. If you have the budget, go for one that will capture those great once in a lifetime moments. A truly good photographer can bring out the best in you and your gown.

I've been to DiGio based on a friend's recommendation. But like I mentioned, we wanted ala carte service so DiGio wouldn't fit into our plan. But heard they provide the best value-for-money package (all-in-one). However, gown designs are not comparable to MB and a few others. It really depends on the style you are opting for. Clean? Laced? Beads? etc...

pearlypearl

angel96> got your email, thanks!

Can anyone who has use MB's for their Indoor/Outdoor photography comment please? Is the photographer good, etc? Thanks!

pearlypearl

re my last post on 30 Jan, there is no reply.

Can anyone who has use MB's for their Indoor/Outdoor photography comment please? Is the photographer good, etc?

Thanks!

jnikkiab

Hi, I'm new here ...
Can someone please send me pics of gowns from MB.
It will be great if I can have the price list as well.

If there is a 2nd hand one for sale, I'll also be interested, thanks!

My email is : [email protected]

eureka29

Hi, was wondering whether there are any Margaret brides out there who took the french chantilly lace. Was there any issue with outdoor photography (e.g. tearing/dirt etc)?

Would love to hear any feedback! My email is [email protected]

Thanks!

mich_q

Hi, new to the forum. Can someone pm me the standard package for margaret brides? I'm very into laced gowns for now. Thanks in advance

edea_12

You can go to her website and take a look at her gowns.
http://www.margaretbrides.com/

I sent her an email to make appointment to see her gowns and find out the package prices. She emailed me all the package information. Very transparent.
Unlike some of the other BS i went to, they show me the wedding package printed on a paper but won't allow me to bring it back.
sad.gif

I will be dropping by this sat to take a look at the gowns. from the comments here, she seems pretty good. But find the price abit steep.