Mandarin Oriental Singapore

nehoc

Happiness

Dream
1 nehoc
2 yoko
3 cheryl c
4 stevis (if both parents ok, else LOVE)

Garden

Love
1 xinyi_reiko
2 Jacqueline
3 stevis

waiting79

Hi nehoc,

fm the pics, there wll only b chairs for the solemnization? table included?

Most likely i will be choosing Xi theme :)

nehoc

Added Waiting...

Happiness
1 Waiting

Dream
1 nehoc
2 yoko
3 cheryl c

Garden

Love
1 xinyi_reiko
2 Jacqueline
3 stevis

allykat

Don't know why my earlier post didn't get thru, but thanks nehoc & xinyi for sharing the photos! I really like the themes (Love setup in particular), but as what some have shared, how do you solve the problem of having it in the way when taking pix? Will they setup the harborview suite for solemnisation? And lastly, does anyone have the layout of the ballroom? I read that there can be issues of a short march-in depending on the location of the stage. So where are u placing yours? Thanks girls!

xinyi_reiko

Allykat, not sure abt harborview suite as, my ROM is over. Din manage to take the pic of the ballroom. The ballroom is a fan shape, abit like its hotel logo. You can 3 type of march-in: L-shape, short march-in or long march-in.

L-shape & short march-in, will be placing the stage in the middle.

long march-in, will be placing the stage right in the end. Which I will be doing it. =)

skittles

Hi Nehoc,
Yes you can have the long march in if you have more than 33 tables. It will be a little close, but it's possible. I had 35 tables for my wedding and we chose the long march in. The long march in layout is much better ... it's more defined (so you know which side of the family you're at) and also everyone will be able to watch you both march in gracefully.

I have an actual pic of my ballroom before my wedding started. If anyone is interested in taking a peek, let me know. I took the Love theme.

superwoman_cqy

Hey Nehoc ..most probably, I will go for the garden theme as mine is a wedding lunch and I love the nature theme.. kindly add me to the list and many thanks!

nehoc

Added Qinying, finally we got a garden girl..
biggrin.gif

Happiness
1 Waiting

Dream
1 nehoc
2 yoko
3 cheryl c

Garden
1 Qinying

Love
1 xinyi_reiko
2 Jacqueline
3 stevis

mintz99

hi to all brides-to-be
happy.gif

anyone doing buffet lunch reception with Oriental before..hmm.. I wonder how's the comments on the buffet spread :p cos my reception will be buffet style.

cheryl_c

Hi all

Just got my wedding invites. Realised that you dun nd to stick the inserts to the card cos its 3 fold and the inserts would not stick out.

For your info......
happy.gif

allykat

Hi cheryl, nehoc, etc. do you mind posting a pic of the wedding invites here? ;) What types of wedding favors does Oriental offer?

nehoc

Allykat,
Sorry i do not have the pics..

Dream-bell
Happiness-pouch
Garden-miniature wooden armchair
Love-chocolate

Should be able to select the favours.

allykat

No worries nehoc & thanks so much for "entertaining" my incessant questions! The more I read this thread the more inclined I am to visit the hotel for a walk through! Hey, just one last query - can I request to view the ballroom setup during an actual wedding? So I can get a more realistic feel?

skittles

Hi Allykat,
I'm sure your coordinator will allow u to view the set up of an actual wedding! I did ask my coordinator before but too bad there weren't any weddings scheduled before mine (I had my wedding right after the 7th month!!) ... but he told me that if there was a wedding, he was more than happy to let my husband and me take a peek.

As for favors, you can actually request for other favors through Oriental's wedding favors supplier. So long as the alternative favor you've picked is within the same price range as the ones offered by Oriental. I managed to swop half of my standard wedding favors with a cute little ceremaic box! My female guests all loved the box over the chocolate!

nehoc

Allykat,
During the weekends if i am around Marina SQ i will usually pop by Oriental too see if there is any wedding going on & i am still hoping to see the full set up of Dream theme in the grand ballroom...

nehoc

Happiness
1 Waiting

Dream
1 nehoc
2 yoko
3 cheryl c

Garden
1 Qinying

Love
1 xinyi_reiko
2 Jacqueline
3 stevis

m_and_n

Hi xinyi...

Phantom from RT.. how have you been..
was thinking of holding my weddding at oriental.. lol... until i asked them on the payment schedule...... =(

xinyi_reiko

hello micheal! nice to see you here..
happy.gif

I tot you wanted CGW?

I also initally worry abt the payment schedule, but can be work out.

My coordinator, Mark told me that he can help us by collecting the payment 2 weeks in advance instead of 1 mth. So 2 weeks before the wedding, we will increase credit card limit and pay half of the banquet amt. On the actual day, we will pay the other half. So during this period, can play around with the credit card bill due dates.

Hope you understand what I am trying to say. hehe.

m_and_n

wah... didn't know can do that.. I was very keen on GCW.. but then later my planner left.. then I busy with work.. change jobs mah.. so wasn't in the mood and no one follow up... then the deal lapsed.. lol.. so now looking for other places lor... but really i didn't know that can play around the payment schedule...

xinyi_reiko

payment schedule is pretty fixed, at most drag abit here and there.. got to play around with CC bill dates, if not before your AD, you are already being billed, with no angbaos to cover.

It will be best if able to make payment just after your current mth CC bill arrive. Then you will have more time to settle the payment.

Of course this is workable for ppl like me with tight budget.. hehe..

m_and_n

LOL..
thanks xinyi for the advice. pleasant surprise today, secondary sch friend over at GCW say she will try to give me back the package i missed.. lol.. will still go down to Oriental to take a look though.. let my missus decide on it.. its her special day.. I not too worried on the credit card.. i work in the bank.. lol.. can get it waived on.. hee hee.. but i'm just concerned how much cc limit can be increased...

m_and_n

wa hah hah... i also dunno can raise the limit by how many times.. don' blur blur use cc from same bank.. all share the same limit.. lol..

u still got go RT anot?

xinyi_reiko

haha.. okok.

i still popby RT sometimes, but not so often liao. Mostly just go to be reader. heh~

Recently, pretty busy with wedding stuffs.

m_and_n

yeah.. i also going to be really busy.. still need to go to look at BS leh.. sigh.. spend money.. need to ask boss for increment liao.. lol...

i seldom go RT already.. been really busy..

xinyi_reiko

micheal, your AD in 2009 right? i think still got time to slowly hunt for BS.

You will realised there is alot of little little things to spend on during the wedding prep. hehe..

i think we are getting off topic here. :p

can drop me an email if you want.
happy.gif

[email protected]

poopy

Hi Cheryl,
how are your wedding preps going? I am in the midst of doing my wedding card design and yup, will also do the glueing of the cards, rather than to tie something to secure it. I will be choosing the white and red samples for the invites. What about you? Btw, how did your food tasting go? For Appetiser, I was thinking of going with the lobster and prawn with seafood roll.. what do you think? Which dishes will you recommend? It's quite a tough choice, cos the all the food variety is quite different from usual hotel banquet food which makes it unique. But at the same time, I don't want to try to be too funny by picking overly-fusion food hehe ;)

superwoman_cqy

I tried these dishes during the wedding show.. the Teriyaki Cod Fish fillet is very different from the usual fish dish and its very nice imo. There is also the double-boiled sharks fin chicken soup which is also superb :p

nehoc

The signature should be the shark's fin chicken soup, Teriyaki Cod fish & the fried bun with chilli crab.. You might want to look at the archive i think sometime back Cheryl did post about her food tasting..

fashionistadiva

Hi all
Just to share. I am currently looking to confirm a venue. My fiance and I were particularly shocked by Oriental's service, or rather, lack of service. They turned us down not once, but twice for viewing. It's that girl some of you say is quite rigid. Can you believe it? To date, no five star hotel has turned us down for a viewing.

m_and_n

actually you can just go and take a look without appointment.. lol.. i went down with my wife during a weekend and just sneaked in.. one of the staff laying the tables actually took effort and time to explain to us the banquet stuff.. lol..

nehoc

I have been to Oriental more then 5 times before i sign the contact from attrium suite to Habourview suite & the grand ballroom. To date i have never been turn down & was always very impress with their service. Since you think the service is not good & no five star hotel ever turn you down maybe Oriental just dont suit you..Time to move ON.

fashionistadiva

You must have had a good coordinator assigned to you. Count yourself lucky. If U read the threads, U will know that so far only a few hotels eg Four Seasons,have been consistently good.

m_and_n

Fashionista: I believe its not the hotel, but rather the coordinator that do play quite a major role in the experience. We have had very bad experience with the intercon staff until the regional director called them up coz he's a client of my missus' company and she deals with him for some corporate business. Although we were very put off by the attitude of the staff, that didn't stop us from going forward to find out more. In fact, apart from the quotation, they didn't really assist us that much. The other staff of the hotel were more obliging. Although the pricing was slightly above our budget due to the new pricing on auspicious dates, we decided that the experience wasn't right for us. I do agree with nehoc to a certain extent that maybe moving on to another hotel could be a good idea.

Good luck for your hotel searching! =)