Mandarin Orchard Singapore

koplite

Hi Sidney & Cher,

Got your messages. Replied them already.
happy.gif

sidney93

Cher - yup I received Dan's reply to my PM. like you said, it went to my email. did you get it?

Stephanie - welcome Steph! mine is Doreen too! she's good so far, I went to MM to have a look and she took me around. Mine is Nov 09
happy.gif

precious_11

Hi Sidney... no leh.. i never get any reply from him.. maybe you can reply to our email thread and let me have his email address... and who is co-ordinator is..hehe..

dinitegrity

Sidney, how do you get the info on their wedding show? I am interested!! But my wedding is on 10th Nov 2010. Dono should go a not. No pt going if the show don apply the promo to 2010 but very interested..

sidney93

hi Diane! wow you're planning your wedding 2 years in advance! I was informed about the wedding show by my coordinator at MM, she called me to tell me she registered for me..
i'm not sure what promotions there will be, anyway i've already booked my date at MM, but no harm going? I'll be going
happy.gif

dinitegrity

Ya, m sad to say e bridal show don include yr 2010. Is only till 2009. Afraid I cant share e perks, but i know what isit ardy. It is quite comprehensive... But don really differ much frm e current package.

There is only 4 points upgrades in the bridal show package.

sidney93

Hi roystream, welcome to our group of MM BTBs! I won't be doing my solemnisation at the hotel but I'll be going for the show. Cya there
happy.gif

steph_21

Do any1 know the perks they are giving on 20 Dec as I am going to pay the deposit soon and is not sure if Doreen got give me the perks or not.

dinitegrity

2010 package is finally out!!

Weekday “Medley of Joy” $768++ * Weekday (Monday – Thursday, Exclusive of Eve & Public Holidays)

Weekend “Medley of Joy” $888++ Per Table
(Friday & Sunday, Eve & Day of Public Holidays)

Weekend “Medley of Joy” $908++ Per Table
(Saturday, Eve of Christmas and New Year,
Christmas Day and New Year’s Day)

Premier “Symphony of Love” $1188++ Per Table

maudrey

hi MM BTB's,

i'm looking to include MM in my shortlist of venues for my wedding dinner. can anyone share pics or feedback about details like decor, flowers, favours, invitations? doing all my research online because i'm overseas so i would appreciate any feedback about MM you can give me. thanks.

galaxy84

Hi all,

I have shortlisted the following venue to held my wedding...
Can comments/advise.. (gd/bad points all welcome)

- Meritus Mandarin
- Mechant Court
- Singapore Marriott Hotel
- Sheraton Towers

sidney93

nicole lee > hmm okay. they also deleted the post where someone posted the perks offered at next week's wedding show.

wendy > well it really depends on what you are looking for. different hotels are great in different aspects
happy.gif

blurrz

thanks diane...
how do we register if we wanna go ah? cos i actually din really contact meritius on their package...

katsim

hi all brides to be
i just had my wedding at MM on thurs.
it was great! everything was so smooth . thanks to mt coordinator angie. the 2 managers on duty were great too.very detailed and helpful.
happy.gif

dinitegrity

Katherine, can describe how great ur wedding is?
Be sure to share photos if you've. Whr u hold it? Mandarin Court or Grand Ballroom?

sidney93

Yoyo > wow so you're the winner for the banquet prize! i was there too but didn't win anything hehe. thanks for offering!

katherine > congratulations! share some photos!
happy.gif

wennie

i went the show last saturday, like the ambiance and i had take some photo...but the mandarin court max go to 20 tables only...ballroom min is 40 tables. anyone take the mandarin court and full in 20 tables?can share?..will it very crowd

chivas76

Yoyo> what is the banquet prize? can share as I wasnt around then....

and anyone going to held the wedding there for 2010?

And any good coordinators there to share about?

Thanks..

sidney93

Wennie > i can't advise you as i'm having mine in the Ballroom, you can ask your coordinator?

Winson > mine is 2009, my coordinator is Doreen, she's very experienced
happy.gif

chivas76

Yo Sidney..thanks..
Mine is also Doreen...hmm...i m not sure yet if she is experienced and able to make some decision on hand or not..nevertheless..mine is tentatively in Jan 2010.
u went to the wedding workshop last sat too? hmm...so what is the lucky draw grand prize then?

sidney93

Winson > the lucky draw grand prize is something about the banquet, i think one free table or something like that. or issit one free package? cannot be right. LOL i can't remember! haha :p

wendy > it was not bad, although i had expected more vendors there. only 1 BS, 1 VG company and 1 other decor vendor.

dinitegrity

Wennie, I ask my coordinator le. She said for Mandarin Court, best is 16 tables, 20 tables cfm very very squeeze.

Winson, I am having my wedding there in 2010 but haven sign package. U can call & ask for my coordinator Angie. She is very good. Never ever ask for Jerry. He sux like hell. Can you imagine he ask me down to the wedding show to discuss what he can do for me for my wedding in 2010. Ends up i reach le i called him, he ask me wait one side. Den a new couple came den he attend to them b4 me lo!!!

I damn tu lan him lo. Actually my 1st coordinator is Jerry. Then he went KL so I told him when return frm KL call me asap & I cant wait to view ballroom, so I meet Angie to view. She is gd!
Then after he is back frm KL, he totally forget bt me. So i called him den he totally want all my info again cos he lose my info! So sincere ar?

Anyway I selling Coffee & Tea Dreamswork $50 voucher applicable for combo package sign up.

Interested party pls sms 98578031

sidney93

Diane > wat! his service sucks! luckily he's not my coordinator. then you gotta discuss all from scratch with Angie? nvm. just do it, for the reliable service.

Cher > oh ya now i remember. it was a MTM gown, i was like WOWW i also wantt. but didn't win anything from the lucky draw hehe :p

dinitegrity

Sidney, no la...

I already discuss with Angie le.. Angie is good but she aint very flexible (think guys tend to be more flexible). She goes by the book de...
But of cos, toking bt reliability cfm ladies rules!

Ya indeed Jerry Sux man. Can u believe when I tok to him over the phone 1st time, i totally wanna die (he speak hokkien ok! bad english. Totally no professionalism at all!). If not for e ballroom that I like so much. I can strike MM of my list.

Luckily has a not-so-bad angie. Or u all wanna look for e director? His name is Kelvin. He is not bad during the show. He saw me & htb is alone (cast aside by jerry, he come & wanna help us) but i told kelvin that we waiting for jerry b4 i saw jerry attending to another couple after jerry cast us aside.

I feel so sucky! Waste my trip down lo!

seb1816

actually i was there at the wedding show too.

i felt that it was really a wasted trip down. i wasted 1 hour of my hectic schedule JUST to sit down there and hear what i have heard SO many times.

right from the start i told Jerry our table size but and he told us he will fight for it. Although there is no obvious evidence that he did try to speak for us. he didn't turn us down directly even knowing that their min requirement was quite far fetch from mine (i have around 30 tables only, they needed 50 for weekend).

my fiancee felt quite uncomfortable because he kept going on about religion. not that i dont agree with him as I'm a christian too, but this kind of thing quite personal la... end up my fiancee was so irritated.

we were led on and on and on for awhile even though he should know that its quite impossible for us to get. everything we spoke was open ended and nothing was even firm. (we were very ready to pay the deposit). we like the ballroom a lot and could have easily compromised with a lot of things... but ended up that we sounded as if we were BEGGING for them to take our money. we even wanted to compromise from holding it on a weekday instead of the weekend we initially wanted. (WHY should we compromise with the things we are PAYING for? not as if they are sponsoring my banquet.)

even after speaking to kelvin, their sales director, i find that they are too too too revenue oriented that they have totally cast aside the goodwill that they should make in business context. to be fair to them, i understand the part on maximizing the usage of the ballroom. but my understanding is clear cut, if can hold means can hold, if cant we also understand, but don't make us hang in FOR NOTHING knowing that we are very sincere customers... its not fair to us and the other hotels too. it reflects very very badly on the hotel.

like what diane said... if its not because of the ballroom we like a lot, we long ago would have strike MM off our list. nevertheless, this is not the only hotel we have shortlisted. It is nothing about money as we have given them our priority ONLY because of the ballroom. I'm TRULY very disappointed with their service and their priorities. they seem to forget that they are not the only hotel around.

sidney93

gosh you guys have bad experience with Jerry! i heard from another friend at the show that Kelvin was quite rude to her too.

Sebastian > You can try to change coordinator? Try maybe a female coordinator? The girls seem to provide better service hehe.

seb1816

i'm fuming mad after that day that my patience ran out. you try to imagine this - a couple walking around AIMLESSLY.... sitting around from table to table... trying to beg and compromise for our once in a lifetime just to get them to accept my money. ask me go down for what? to hear the same old story.

what is this? acceptable?

Sidney, no la, i think changing coordinator cant help much too. if its the hotel's policy, there is little they can do. its just that we would appreciate a little bit of courtesy by telling us whats going on in their back room. we are definitely not unreasonable. we were in fact very soft and patient for the longest time. we are already looking at another hotel which we also like a lot. even though its more expensive, at least i get more satisfaction and customer service with the coordinator we spoke to.

precious_11

I totally agree with Sebastian.. i think the overall planning for the wedding show was extremely messy...in the sense that its not meant for people who are sincere and want to make a booking.. coz they were unable to cater to this group at all... i saw quite a lot of couples waiting ard...
sad.gif

wennie

HI DIANE, THANKS FOR UR INFO I TINK I BETTER MAKE APPOINTMENT WITH THEM TO SEE THE ACTUAL SETTING FOR THE MANDARIN COURT FULL IN 20 TABLES COZ MY COORDINATOR EMILY TOLD ME THE ROOM CAN FOR 20 TABLES NO PROBLEM AT ALL...I BIT WORRY NW

I HAVE SAME FEELING WITH SEBASTIAN ALSO...I WENT TO THE SHOW THAT DAY,EMILY ALSO BUSY WITH OTHER COUPLE, NEVER ATTEND ME...BEFORE THE SHOW, I EVEN HEARD THAT ONE OF THEIR COORDINATOR ASK THE COUPLE WANNA TAKE A LOOK THE BRIDAL SUITE OR NOT.SAD!

dinitegrity

Sebastian,

That is exactly what I meant also! I went down b4 le lo. But Jerry called me on Thur asking me down so that he'll c what he can do for my wedding in 2010. I tot he can help that's why i went down but kena cast aside by him. Full of shit lo! I guess i bobian gonna wait for 2010 wedding show to open b4 i book. So don needa c their face. I jus don like be hang around. Simple sh*t lo! They are definitely not e only hotel around. Summore not gd in food, nth really raves bout e hotel actually. Now worst still with their service sux to e core!

Honestly, like anyone else, if other hotels like Grand Hyatt, Marriott, etc etc has their ballroom, I would have gone there.

Cher, yes.. Their wedding show is a FAILURE! REAL FAILURE! They are not interested in us (e sincere couples who has tons of cash in pockets wanna sign with Meritus) but they more interested in persuading ppl hu aint interested in them (jus go to get e freebies nia). They don care to retain customer r/s..

Honestly new customer will eventually become old customer. Is 5 times more hard to get new customer den to retain a customer. They cant & can nv always 4ever find new customer.

I guess MM de Marketing Mgmt fail.
Project Mgmt fail.
Event Mgmt fail.

Frankly la, no faith to put our 'ONCE IN A LIFETIME' huge personal event on their hands!

dinitegrity

Wennie,

Mandarin Court can fit 20 tables definitely.
But is not nice (you get what i mean). Is squeezy.

So best is 16 tables.

Of cos la, for me also will put till 20 tables.
But me & htb really keep reducing. Those v far de distant relatives (nt even distant but jus nt close enough, so creates us an excuse to excuse them frm our wedding). We still wanna minimise to lesser tables.
E lesser e tables, e less lose u incurr.

wennie

Hi Diane , i understand wat u mean coz Emily told me fit for 20 tables we wont felt squeezy, that's why i wanna know anyone experience b4?i juz dun wan i pay the money but in the end make my guest uncomfortable...thanks for ur advise!

dinitegrity

Wennie,

ya ic..
But i ask my coordinator.
I told her 'Come on my dear, honestly la, not for e sake of revenue. What is e best no of tables that can fits my guest comfortably as i don like squeezy environment.'
Her reply: '16 tables' den illustrate the table arrangement give me imagine lo.

A very honest reply & i like her.
Jus don like her 'going by book & aint flexi' part. Other than that, she is perfect. Can ensure that she will be a gd coordinator.

For me, i guess 20 tables wont to e extend of uncomfy but will be very squeezy. Like hard to walk etc. Imagine you gt a pluffy gown & long train? U can die. Can opp the ballroom out liao..

dinitegrity

But for me, i don care guest uncomfy de.
Is whether I like it or not.
If bobian needa hit all 20 tables, den just hit it la.. Is jus 4 hrs e most in it only. Close one eye finish all le.

I more concern bout the screen etc cos I gt 3 videos to play.. LOL...

& now find many many music for video, March In etc.