Maldives

starstar,
"LOL", i go my MIL place which is 5 mins drive away, I already have to lug so many things with me. I can't imagine travelling with him now! Intially, we plan to leave him with MIL in Mar so tat we can travel somewhere not too far to celebrate our wedding anniversary, but now my HB see the baby, he can't bear to leave him!

zenith

hi all,

i'm interested to go to the maldives for honeymoon. can i hv more details? sorry to disturb u gals on yr mummies & babies tok.

haru

hi zen,
welcome welcome! do you have an idea of when you are planning to go? the rates do differ from the diff time of the year. maybe you can share some of the resorts u are considering and we can try to give some feedback? =>

starmed

zen
no prob...haru is right. U'll need to know when u r going n the budget u have set aside. It'll be easier to feedback to ya. Cos Maldives got diff range of resorts n of course, diff timing, diff rates. =)

t&p
=) Now got extra bag to carry still manageable. Just brought him to Jb to visit in laws last sat. Survived. =)

bvbride

Just dropping by to say hi to the mummies and of cos Ms Haru. Any plans for CNY?
will be stayg put in good old Singapore.I guess i will be totally exhausted lugging bb bag and bb Kieran around for the whole day :p
Me lousy Mama - so easily tired one..hahha :p

here's one of my darling's recent pix taken w whatelse my trusty old Nokia N70 lor...such moments are so hard to capture so i just hv to make do w whatever cam i hv on hand :p
thought he looks so cheerful here :D

BB Kieran says Hello~~

607640.jpg

bvbride

Btw T and P : still waiting for your pix of BB@@
happy.gif

Im shedding hair like mad - but at least now hair no longer dual tone liao - managed to colour all back to one tone hahah :p

Recycling one old Mango skirt for CNY, bot a new ANG ANG top to go w it. Shoes i still got a relatively new pair of 3inch heels. Not sure if i can carry bb and walk around in them..hmmm...
guess got to minimise walking :p

will post a pix of BB Kieran in Hotsling when i got the chance

CHeers!!!!

haru

bvbride,
Kieran is such a charmer!!! love his big eyes and cheery smile! => am sure all your relatives will be delighted to see your little angel during the visiting trips.

me wil be stayin in town too for CNY, all 4 days of CNY weekend and the following weekend fully packed with visiting and friends and families coming over to our place too.

mish

Hey ladies!

I didnt pop by for a really long time and you guys are still around!! With all the baby talks! How nice! Haha. CNY is round the corner! Enjoy collecting red packets! I thnk i gonna spend a big hole giving away red packets. sigh..

Hello pple!!
I'm back at work. today's the first day! but I'll only have to work for 2 weeks this month, cos CNY break almost 2 weeks for my co. keke..

bvbride,
Aiyoh...why ur baby so.....cute!!! his eyes like sparkling ya..My jarrett still cannot smile like tat leh..but has started his social smiles "melts"

I've tried using the hotslings, but jarrett hates the cradle style, think it's rather warm, but likes the sit up face out position. It's rather difficult, i have not master the art of using it yet. Now most of the time, hb will use the Baby Bjorn carrier instead. Baby seems to like it lots.
I've also coloured my hair! did it even b4 my confinement ends, my hairstylist said i so...vain..but full month party must look good rite.
u r not the only one, i'll end up darn exhausted each time I bring jarrett outs, plus the breastfeeding, I'm always tired.

Starstar,
we have started to bring jarrett out for outings, so far so good, but he always Zzzzz when out. haha..want to stimulate him also cannot.

Mish,
Have a baby soon lah, can recover some losses. hahaha..

As for going on holidays, I'm stuck in Sg too! and guys, u can check out jarrett's latest pics here http://weesiongnsuhui.blogspot.com/

haru

hi Mish,
ha ha, i think the collecting of red packets is only for the mummies!as for me, I'll still be only giving out red packets.heheheh...

T&P,
i think its great that Jarrett Zzzz when you bring him out! it does make it a lil easier, i reckon. before you know it, you will be busy keeping you eyes on him ALL the time making sure he doesnt run far away from mummy's side. =P

i love Jarrett's papasan bouncer! it looks so comfy i think even i could sleep in it!

hey mummies,
hubby and i stumbled a shop at GWC selling all sorts of baby stuff from prams to toys, etc...very cool shop! and they have the really funky prams, very very nice (can't say the same for the price tag!)!

starmed

bvbride
=) Kieran's very adorable. =) like very cheeky little one..keke

ha...me also dropping hair....but thankfully, when I went for a trim recently, my hair dresser still complaint I've got alot of hair...thick hair... keke... so least the amt is there. :p hey, must monitor leh... me also monitoring... just in case it gets out of hand. :p

t&p
=) Jarrett's cute!! reminds me of my Jayden when he's 1mth old. =) My jayden mow har...aiyo... very curious n active... he's number one KPO!! very thing also wanna see... esp when he's in a mall or crowded place...his eyes very busy.... can see things till forego his milk milk time... geez... now I must bring him to a quiet or less crowded place to feed him else he'll get distracted.

u dun worry... when jarrett reaches ard 3mths... he'll start to be active..my jayden also like jarrett when he's 1mth odd... zzz most of the time. These days wan him to zzz also difficult when out. keke...

anyway, here's his pics I've kept in the facebook account. :p
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=11679&l=6cffc&id=626701098

haru
I know which shop u r toking abt...I also like that shop but the price is darn high... :p it's nice browsing in it...
happy.gif

mish
ya man... have one then. =) join our club ;p

mish

Ya lo.. all the mummies are collecting red packets!!! I am not yet trying for one le! end of this year..shall try.. but dunno will succeed in the production anot. hehe. Hopefully all goes well!

haru

hey ya mummies and Mish!
hope e weekend was a fruitful and enjoyable one for all of u. mine was a busy one shopping, stocking up on all e goodies, etc. spent almost $200 just buying goodies. still have another round to do for the mandarins and then another round the following week for steamboat at our place. *sweat* anyway, hope you all have a good time celebrating CNY!

zhuzhu

t&p
u must treasure the time now that bb jarrett only zzzzz and eat..wait till he is older..u will wish he really zzzzz and eat..

Saw ur blog..u really kept ur wedding cake for a yr????

Can I add ur blog to Markus?

Starstar
Saw that bb jayden is very well fed leh..bah bah one...how heavy is he now?

Mish
dun worry...all certainly will goes well

Haru
Wah..u spend so much on goodies ah..I only bought some bak kwa..and pinapple tarts..

hi zhuzhu,

sure! let's link up! I'll add u to my list too ya.
actually jarrett doesn't sleep tat much anymore in the day time, from 11am to 8pm, he'll just nap a little here and there. Weird thing is whenever we bring him out, he'll Zzzz...
Now that i am back at work, I feel sad missing his alert moments but when I am taking care of him, i just keep wishing he'll sleep so I can do my own stuff. So bad rite..haha..
and yap..i really kept the cake for close to 2 yrs, still tasted good leh. serious!

starstar,
jayden also grows so fast! it's amazing how fast the little ones grow rite. I already miss how jarrett looks like when he's 1 mth old.
eh soon..we can bring jayden and jarrett out for playdates.

haru!!
Wah....how much did you buy!!! $200 worth of goodies is a lot ok. I didn't even buy anything, not even the oranges. Whatever I have at home is from my mum and MIL, and we'll just gg to steal a few oranges from my MIL place so we can go visiting. hahaha...

mish

Thx Zhu zhu! Really hope all goes well. (helo markus!)

Haru.. 200?!? omg.. thats alot isnt it? All ready for new year!! Hehe

haru

zhuzhu,
wow!Markus is all dressed up early to bai nian oh! so cute..=D

hey ya all,
erm, lets see..lots of pineapple tarts (open and "golden pillow" type), bak kwah (tis year quite ex oh so we cut down to 1kg instead of 1.5kg), peanut cookies,lots of love letters, mandarins, all sorts of nuts, drinks...we def spend a bomb during CNY (just like Christmas) and thats just the goodies, excluding e red packets! mum and i also made some home made pork floss cripy rolls. hahah, but its always nice to bless others lah.=P

kazataza

hi everyone,

if not for Mish, i didnt know that there's a new thread...heehee...Mish, stop hiding...haha

anw, for thos who r looking at Maldives, i stayed at Anatara in Nov 2006.
Do tell me if anyone need info
happy.gif

shyantiffy

I've juz got back frm Maldives... stayed with the W Hotel... hmm... I really give a big thumb up for the W Hotel!! Super good service... but sad leh.. the corals around the island seems dead...

Malé have got nothing much to explore... mayb I'm a more adventurous person... so didn't really enjoy the relaxation thingy whole day long..

bvbride

hihi mummies and Ms Haru

T and P : lovely blog u have - cannot see you in it though..i think im the only one not shy - i posted a pix of myself and my boy except tha i look esp auntie in it! haha..
your boy looks adorable - face round round and so chubby - well done mummy :D and yes the papasan bouncer looks really posh!
my boy still the say pattern la..he sleeps the best in my arms on mummy and daddy's bed!

Now i pref to carry my boy in the hip position ie upright facing me w legs straddling my hip. Not too bad so far. i will stil support his head and he looks very cartoon in it. one round round head popping out of the sling - very koala like hahah...now he has got major drool issues. got to wear bib 24-7!

I too feel the same - whenever bb is back w me i will want him to go zzz so that i can finally read the papers..but when im away from him i will keep looking at his pix in my HP while waiting for bus/before i go to sleep ( he stays w my mum during weekdays)

btw who looks after your boy when u are working? your mum?

Starstar: my boy is super KPO too - loves to "earsdrop" and look here look there..head turning left and right all the time...abit hard to keep him entertained all the time cos he is just so active. he is not the sleepy sort of bb at all! can be really siong carrying him round and round the house

Haru: actually i also spend abt the same amt for goodies for in laws and ourselves. my hubby will go q for lim chee guan bak kwa and i wil buy lots of pineapple tarts for ourselves.

sure put on wt one lor..die...just lost my preggy weight some more...am glad i was one of the lucky ones who shed away most of the pounds..think its the work and bb stress~

bvbride

Zhuzhu: cute pix of Markus
happy.gif

is he walking already?
my boy still not flipping yet le...actually im not really kanchong but once i hear other mummies commenting on how much their babies flip i will start to panic abit! hahah.
im still give him some tummy time but my mum always think that im torturing him. she said he will flip when he wants to la...kekekke...

starmed

zhuzhu
I find him still not very bah bah... now weigh abt 7kg... feed him mainly formula liao... cos no time to express milk n not much supply. keke... just glad he's on total BM for 2mths. :p kept my pump liao... for the 2nd one next time. ;p

t&p
=) ya...when both of them r able to walk... keke... can always meet up.

bvbride
my boy also not that sleepy these days during day. nap the most for 30mins... then wake up liao... last time when he's younger... can zzz for long long time. sigh... thankfully he's still able to sleep thru the night... :p

haha..ya lor...sure put on weight one... I also manage to lose some kg... but still got a few more to reach my pre preg weight. my hubby teases me saying no need to lose lah...next year will gain back one if I'm preggie again. Gosh... at least I won't look like a big whale for my next pregnancy if I lose back mah... guys just dun understand.... keke.
happy.gif

flip as in roll onto his tummy? Jayden can only roll from his left...if right, he'll get stuck. keke...

my boy already wore bib 24/7 liao... dun know why he kept drooling. he also like to suck his fist...suck till wet wet...gosh... heard it's becos infants at this stage still dun know how to contain their drools. =) I also started brushing jayden's gums wif a baby tooth brush liao... :p he enjoys it everytime I brushes. =) open his mouth willingly everytime he sees me putting the toothbrush on...keke... ;)

haru
ya lor...the CNY stuffs so ex this year... esp bah kwa... buy only 500g this year... cos of price n also can curb myself from eating too much. :p

ok gals..have a great CNY celebration wif your loved ones... gong xi fa cai!!! Just finish packing for our trip to JB tomolo.
happy.gif
like move house sia....haha... cheers!

zhuzhu

bvbride
no lar..he still duno how to walk..but he likes to crawl and hold onto the table for support..I had a very low tv consol..and he almost wanted to climb on it liao..

I used to give Markus tummy time oso..but sometimes he gets frustrated..and started to whine..I think Markus is just an average milestone bb..u know ppl always say..7mth sit, 8mth crawl and 9mth grow teeth..well he follow dat saying strictly..

starstar
he really looks bah bah leh..eh u dun put bib on him 24/7...cos Markus use to have bibs on him all the time..then later his neck develops into rashes..so now I don't even use bibs on him..just dat everytime his clothings are wet..I change for him lor..

Think Markus too overwhelmed by the house visiting..until he developed a fever dat very nite..yday shoot up to 39deg..hb and me quickly bought him to KKH..lucky today his fever subsides liao..

Eh when you ladies wan to meet up with bbs..count me in..

haru

hey mummies,
gong xi fa cai!! hope you all had a lovely CNY catchin up with family and friends. am sure all of your family and friends were coo-ing over your little one! hahahah...as for me and hubby, we had relatives asking e usual question and we just replied with the usual answer ("soon, soon"),hehehehehe...

had a sore throat on CNY eve, then followed by cough and now having a flu. would wana take MC tom but already have 3 colleagues on MC/leave next week. a challenging week ahead with lotsa datelines, colleagues away from office but am looking forward to the next weekend for more CNY celebrations!

Happy New Year everyone! Not sure abt you guys but I am glad all the visiting are over! can rest abit and spend some time with my baby before i return to work on friday.

Bvbride,
got leh..one very haggered pic of me with baby and hb, taken rite after delivery. hahaha..
My MIL will be taking care of baby, she's super happy i am back at work, now she can monopolize my baby's time but I'll bring him home at nite. must see his round round face then I can sleep...anyway, am doing total bfing, so need him to latch on as much as possible.

zhuzhu,
jarrett doesn't like tummy time too. he'll start yelling and crying whenever we do that..

Can some of u share with me how to calm my baby? He'll get all hysterical whenever we bath him. He'll start sobbing once we start taking off his clothes, and then screaming in fear when we put him in the tub. Heart pain man..we have resorted to bathing with him, but I can't ask my MIL to do that when she's taking care of him. How? Any idea?

bvbride

Hey there!

T and P: me no expert man. when my boy got v bad colic (continous crying for hours) when he is around 6weeks, all i can do is to hug/rock/cuddle him and walk around the house ...until he calms down...i shudder when i think of those times man. now much better but he demands alot of our attention.

how about distraction? maybe your hubby and shake a rattle or use puppet to distract him while another person bathes him?

just out of curiosity ah..u all strip down and bath together w Jarrett in the bath tub ahh? kinda cute siah...keke...

Starstar: yep flip as in fr back to frong and then vice versa. mine is not a flipper - yet. he can roll from side to side like a little piggy for now.. hahha

Haru: sama sama - now throat not feeling good - can sense the cough coming liao butttt......office very chaotic lor...so cannot also..no one to cover me..haizzzzzzzzzzzzz

bvbride,

we tried distracting him with duckies, songs, etc, all no use leh. So far, only bathing with him helps.
Err..i dun bath with him lah, my job is to stand by with the handspray. My hb's the one who stripes.."LOL" and bathe with Jarrett.

starmed

t&p
could it be the temp of water? too cold or hot for his comfort. Jayden used to hate baths when he's in the first few weeks...now, he simply love it. Always anticipate wif excitement when he sees me carrying his bath towel out. keke... it's a trial n error thingy... for Jayden, we found out the main cause is the temp of water. Also putting a wet wash cloth on his tummy when he's in the tub helps. For me, I always pat some of the water onto his tummy then slowly put him into the water. then quickly grab the wash cloth(usu a hanky) n put it on his tummy or let him grab. I did these for a while till he's no longer crying when bathing time ard 1mth odd I think. these days I'll just tell him it's 'pong pong' time then he'll just kick his legs wif excitement. =) can try this method...have to be patient. Not an overnight thing or immediate result. jia you.

zhuzhu
hope Markus is doing well now.

haru n bvbride
must take care gals... drink lots of water.

ladies
I've survived the massive jam at second link on CNY's eve!!!! gosh..stuck there for 2hours odd wif Jayden in the car seat!!! thanks goodness Jayden only got abit restless when we reached the m'sia customs....managed to calm him.Phew.... we stayed at a hotel overnite after the reunion dinner as we need to go to ILs place early morning... Jayden was so alert n excited that night managed to sleep ard 11plus. He seems to know like some festives going on..keke..=)

have finish visiting...coming weekend more to come. enjoy the rest of the week.
happy.gif

starstar,

tried ur method before. didn't work too. I hope he'll outgrow this stage soon..haiz...
yesterday, my hb bathe with him again, he was so calm that he actually fell asleep! But this cannot be a long term solution leh..

starmed

t&p
think u can keep trying... no harm... I kept doing it till my boy dun cry at bath time. same time can sing to him..coax him.... i'm ssure overtime he'll be calm. dun give up...
happy.gif
like u mention, could be a passing phase.

zhuzhu

finally Markus' fever had subsided...now he had rashes all over his body as what PD said when his fever subsided...phew~~

t&p
agreed with star star..u had to try doing it again n again until he dun cry..dun give in even if he cry..he just had to get used to the idea of bathing alone...

d1amondss

hi ladies,
I used to be silent reader of this thread. Like to read about your maldives trips and look at your pictures.
Now I noticed it has become a motherhood & baby thread...keke..

hehe..i know it's strange to ask here but just trying my luck here. I'm currently looking for a confinement nanny. Any of you mommies have recommendation of a good confinement nanny / confinement agency?

Pls kindly PM me if you do. TIA!

mulberry,

i didn't have a confinement nanny, no recommendation. Sorry...
I am glad I didn't get 1, think I wld have gone crazy. Even my MIL was testing my nerves, so happy when she kinda stopped coming over from 2nd week onwards! keke..i am a control freak, will drive me mad having someone telling me wat to do.

zhuzhu/starstar,
we never give in, thou he cries, we still bathe him. Just that heart pain siah..seeing him cry so bad..
anyway, brought him to my MIL place to bath instead, and somehow he's more calm over there.

Do u guys feel more tired when u are doing bfing?

d1amondss

hi zhuzhu,
my EDD is 5th August. dunno gender yet leh. Hope can know soon coz can't wait to start my baby things shopping...keke.
So u didn't have CL also?

hi T&P,
me will be a 1st time mommy. I'm worried I can't handle it. So want to have a CL around.

actually I'm not local. I've asked my frens and colleagues here that recently gave birth, they all don't hire CL leh. It seems like many Singaporean mommies can handle without one. really salute you all.

hey mulberry,

all of us here r 1st time mum. For me, it's bcos i had my hb with me 24/7 and both our mothers helped out here and there. So having a CL was not necessary for me. I think if w/o my hb, i wun be able to handle too.

Where r u from btw? =) Congras on ur pregnancy!

bvbride

Hey ladies

WElcome Mulberry
If u have alot of family support then u prob wont need a CL cos they charge alot nowadays
I didnt want my mum to be too tired so i employed a CL to help w baby and cooking. my mum still had to do the marketing cos CL not local. it was great hvg the CL around cos i dun have to get up at night and attend to my rather fretful newborn :p

T and P: BF does make you more tired cos your body is using energy for it.

Zhuzhu: Glad your little one is much better now.
U take care too yeah cos i know how tiring it is to work and take care of bb when they r not feeling well.

Here are some recent pix of my little Kieran

Kieran and his good friend
616116.jpg

ryo

Yo FanFan...

Bo jio u... wanting to go Maldives again ah?

I'm aiming at W-hotel this yr... dunno can materialised or not...
Got promo, buy 10 nites free 4, and buy 5 got 1 nite free.. low season..kekeke... :p

Hi Tiffy,

please share your pics.. if u have them ..
happy.gif

d1amondss

hi T&P, zhuzhu & bvbride,
i'm from Malaysia
happy.gif
. Both mine n my hubby's parents still there. And my hubby's working hours is pretty bad, don't think he can help out much. So that's why I will need a CL.
However my Mom will be coming over to help out with the housework coz I don't have maid, and CL usually don't do housework, right? My Mom herself said to hire CL coz she no confident to handle newborn.

bvbride,
is ur CL good? can PM me her contact? TIA!

bvbride

Hi Mulberry

My CL helps to clean the kitchen after cooking, mop kitchen floor, wash bb and my clothes but i do the hanging sometimes. she hand washes my bb's clothes which i think is fantastic. i just use the machine now...

In your case i guess the extra help wil be useful... i think taking care of BB, cooking for me and running to the market like 3-4x a week is no joke lor. Since we all eat at home we need to replenish the fresh food pretty often.

My CL is qt good. Patient and nurturing. Handles bb well too. She is qt good at boiling tonic soups. PM u her no later yeah but she has no mobile le..only got her Malaysian home no.
U can call and check w her further
happy.gif

bvbride

Hi Mulberry

My CL helps to clean the kitchen after cooking, mop kitchen floor, wash bb and my clothes but i do the hanging sometimes. she hand washed my bb's clothes which i think is fantastic. i just use the machine now...

In your case i guess the extra help wil be useful... i think taking care of BB, cooking for me and running to the market like 3-4x a week is no joke lor - too much for my mum liao...since we only eat at home during the confinement month we need to replenish the fresh food pretty often.

My CL is qt good. Patient and nurturing. Handles bb well too. She is qt good at boiling tonic soups. PM u her no later yeah but she has no mobile le..only got her Malaysian home no.
U can call and check w her further
happy.gif

kazataza

Yo Wu,

Jio what? me not going to Maldives yet lah..this yr no more money...bot F1 tickets..now broke liao...heehee...
just back from Angkor Wat (siem Reap)..nice place