Malaysia wedding

dkny

Hi Shazz,
Thx for ur advise but i prefer choose d rom package in singapore bcoz like what u said a bit trouble. I saw that u took the wedding package in Flamingo, how was it? Is it expensive? (very ke po):>
I'm quite interestad that gal u introduced 2 beanie n angelbella but donno she still working until my wedding time which 2 more years:<
Hi Beanie,
Can u share with me some experince after u meet her bcoz i also need 2 find a make artist in KL for my wedding,thx
happy.gif

sagi

shazz

wow...u r really our wedding advisor here....kekee.. anyone with any qn abt holding a wedding in kl....can ask shazz abt it, from make-up to gown to banquet ;p *free advertising*

hi dkny

i same as u, wont be holding my wedding so soon... wonder if the make-up artist introduced by shazz still available by then... hmmm..hope she is...

hi angelbella

welcome to the club! hee ;p
i also wld be holding one dinner in m'sia and one in spore... i think leigh and wendy also same situation... we can swop opinions..

S

shazz

Hi dkny, Flaminga's package is quite reasonable and Shirley is wonderful. Really. Just just out the Flamingo forum and you know that all her brides just adore her. I think she goes dat extra mile for you. Like the Sat before my photo shoot,I went to have last fitting, i had lost a lot of weight and she was really cool about having to alter the gown. My package of MTM bridal gown, MTM evening gown, photography by Ray Ong, groom suit, trial makeup, photoshoot makeup and photoshoot flowers came to about S$3,988. She also loan out accessories made by her. V. multi talented. I like the hair she did not me, nice braids twirled round me head.

Hey Sagi, I should start charging hor. ;-) I think the makeup girl will be glad for the business. She does quite a bit of corporate work, but she tells me that it is dominated by gay men.They are more daring in their use fo colours etc. Very suitable for commercials, but for bridal, better go with someone that is not gong to turn you into an opera singer. I think she should be available.

beanie

Sure thing DKNY. Will let u know after I try Shin Kitt out
happy.gif

wah... so envious, Shazz, u actually lost weight?
My shots will be done next month and my 2nd fitting is on Saturday. Still haven't lost a single ounce... cham ah... I'm not fat but I'm not thin either :p

dkny

Hi Shazz,
Thx for ur info but what kind of popular grown that Flamingo have? I hope i can c ur photo when u got it, can u share with me?
Beanie,
Thx n hope u can c her soon.

S

shazz

dkny

Flamingo does sort of soft and romantic gown. Shirley, the designer, does a lot of embroidered organza over satin. It gives the flowy sweet and romantic look. I really like her desgins. Just pop by and look at her gowns. She is very nice, she let me try on so many gowns on my first visit. Make an appointment, they can get v. busy.

Angelbella ans Sharon,

Sorry v. busy will send you the number soon,

S

shazz

Aiyah, sent ages ago, donch tell me I got the address wrong. Anyways, i post here lah. Her name is Shin Kit, tel no. 012-6530463, email [email protected]

A

ac

Hi Everyone

Im a October bride. Have 2 wedding both side. Any recommendation for makeup artist at Malacca. Pls Help!

Love
AC

wendylee

AC: Hi!!! You will be over at melaka??? HAHA, my bf oso from melaka! But paisei lah, havent decided on the dates yet but also would like to find out too if any good recommendations for makeup artist too.. but too excited when I see your postings.. LOL

cheryl

Hi everyone,

Hope that this forum is still active. my hubby is from KL and our wedding is set for Oct 2003. my in-laws chose Cititel for the dinner, the biz hotel next to Mid-Valley.

anyone been to Cititel" any comments?

After reading the previous msgs, i think i'll try Shazz's recommendation for the make up. My sisters-in-law did say that they'll find a make up person for me and 'im quite scared that their taste is too obiang (since they are all like 10 years older than me!!).

do you guys have any photographers to recommend?

(^.^)

wendylee

Hi Cheryl,
Are you Singaporean and your FH Msian? Has he got his PR yet? Mines' from Melaka! HAHA... this thread has been quiet for awhile... cant help you much as my wedding date will be late 2004 so everything is not prepared yet...
Cheers!

K

kl girl

hi cheryl....

dun worry so much la...KL gals r not much diff fr spore gals! we too grew up reading ang moh mags n watching cable tv :p unless yr relatives r in their 40s, they should be pretty hip
happy.gif

dun be scared just bcos u saw a couple of bad jb samples cos kl is overall better...hope nobody got offended cos i'm taking a jb package too! end of d day it all depends on your own style la...u tell them wat to do wat...insist on having a trial way b4 though!

why don u try their forum? i'm sure d msian version will help to shed some light
happy.gif
u can even check out d cool sites for actual day photos too...good luck...

M

milliefoo

hi wendylee

didn't know your fh from malacca. mine too!! anyway. juz rom 2weeks ago. will be applying pr for my hb soon. wish me luck!!

hi AC

me having a dinner in malacca as well. will be going down end of next month to source for make-up artist. my church wedding on 27/9 in malacca. actually got a contact already but she only does make-up, no hair-styling. will keep you posted.

wendylee

Hi Milliefoo,
Hello! Long time no hear from you! Oh, just wana ask you did your FH ever tried to apply PR on his own? Or didnt bcos he dun meet the creteria? (dun feel offended, me just asking only) Or just that you wana apply for him after you both ROMed? Have you both apply for permission from MOM already? Pls update me ' [email protected] ' your status after your ROM ya? Thanks!
happy.gif

lkf

hello all

happened to chance upon this thread. my hubby is from Ipoh so I'll also holding a dinner in Ipoh as well in Nov. Understand most of u are having ur wedding in KL and Malacca, so not too sure if u all can help to recommend me a make-up artist cum hairstylist. I will also be asking my sis-in-law to source for me. I prefer the natural look type as i dun put on much make-up usually.

K

kl girl

dunno if it helps but u can try msian websites like www.marriage.com.my sorta like singaporebrides...c if they have a forum there! can ask d girls over there who to recommend
happy.gif

anns

Hi wendylee and KL girl,

thanks for responding to my msg.

I'm Sporean and my hubby from KL. he got his PR already.

Kl girl, actually 2 of my sis-in-laws are over 40 years old, the other is like 37. they promised to settle the details in KL 2 of us jsut got to appear that day. sounds good huh? but quite scared that things might not be what I expect. so I intend to find my own make up at least.

they also warned me that the dinner decoration etc would not be as grand as Spore's. I'm holding mine at Amara and they did see the ballroom here, so they got a little intimidated by the grandeur.

actually now I got another problem - SARS. I chose my wedding date here to be in the Sep school hols to accomodate them cos we got like 10 nephews and nieces. now becos of SARS, I think they are quite scared to come down.

One of my sis-in-law did tell my hubby that we might have to postpone the whole wedding!!!! quite sian......... quite afraid to plan everything and last min they dun want to come down or force us to cancel it.

they refuse to admit outright that they are scared but my MIL let slip of this one day over the phone. she said that if not for SARS she would have come here over the Vesak weekend to take a look at our house( which we jsut got the keys).

quite frustated by all these plus my bridal shop jsut made me really mad ( if you gals are interested, see my postings under ' Precious Moment')

quite glad to get responses from you all.... makes me feel better, cos when I talk to my hubby abt all these, I dun think he quite understand. Guys!!

Thanks a heap!!!

S

shazz

Hi All

Cheryl(Anns), I have not seen the ballroom in Cititel but Cititel is considered a business hotel and they do have a lot of tour groups going there. It is not grand, so don't expect too much. MidValley can be quite jammed up on Saturday, so go there early. You are quite lucky that your wedding dinner is so close to Midvalley. You can get your hair and makeup done there without having someone come to your house. It is cheaper. Try a cut above, they do offer bridal stuff. Jantzen is there as well, don't know if they do bridal. Another place in midvalley is Hollis, 3rd floor next to Petworld. They dobridal makeup as well.

wendylee

ANNS: Welcome welcome! Mine havent got his PR yet... Okie, happy preprations! Me update you again when I got my chance to start... CHEERS!
happy.gif

K

kl girl

hei, shazz's got a wonderful idea! why not call d shops at midvalley up urself? lots to choose from! u can also email them d style u want n all dat...i think dat would be better than ur sis in laws la :p good luck

why citidel in d first place if u dun like it?

oh dun worry la...my cousin is gettting married on d same day as me but in KL n 99% of d relatives from daddy's side will be attending hers
sad.gif
now w sars, even mummy's side might hesitate...dun care la! go on as per normal!

get a firm RSVP then do wat u hav to do la.....

anns

Hi wendylee, shazz and Kl girl,

thanks for your comments and suggestions.

actually I know that cititel is a biz hotel. and actually I didn;t even go view the ballroom at all, my in-laws just booked it themselves.

In fact, I was eyeing Mariott, but when both of us brought my sis-in-laws and Mil there, they all got a shock on seeing the table price. then My MIL even suggested going to Overseas Restuarant ( which serves very nice food but....) instead.

so thankfully it was a hotel after all and not that restuarant by the roadside. No offence to anyone but a hotel is actually more convenient since I got to 'chu men' from the hotel room and my parents and frens would need to go up to KL for the dinner.

my sis-in-lae sort of knows the ppl at Cititel and hence might have gotten a better rate so......

after all they are paying for the dinner so I dun feel good to object to whatever they want. anyway, it's their relatives that they are inviting...as long as I'm happy with the one I'm going to have here, I'm ok.

so I just hoping that things are still going on as planned but I never know. wish me luck

M

milliefoo

hi wendylee

i already rom. officially MRS liao! i will be sponsoring my hb for PR cos he is not eligable to apply on his own i.e on work permit not employment pass. will keep you updated....

lkf

KL girl

Thanks for ur info. i went to the website but most of the contacts listed are mostly from KL. I guess i'll just get my sis-in-law's help. she wld probably recommend the lady who did her make-up for her wedding last year. i thot she was not too bad.

when i told my hubby abt this thread, he actually said that dun need to put make up lah, jus a dinner only, hais...men's thinking...

anyway where will u be having ur dinner in KL? are u hving one in S'pore too? What abt all the rest of the gals?

S

shazz

lkf, check with your sis in law who did her makeup. There is this lady who is the proprietor of White and lacey. My sister used her. I thot she was really chin chong and did not let you give your comments. She was very defensive about her makeup and charged a bomb as well. The people from A Cut Above is not bad. There is this other place Headline saloon, the owner Thomas is quite good but charges RM700 and above. I could not afford him

I am not having any in S'pore. Fh from KL, I am from JB. I jsut got my package from S'pore 'cos I prefer the service and I am willing to pay for it lor. After all, it is a once in a lifetime thing. I used to study in S'pore so quite familar with s'pore.

K

kl girl

hi lkh,

me lucky, my parents v scared mah fran so decided only have banquet in spore
happy.gif

i diy my makeup for rom n though it looks good it started to melt a little halfway tru lunch! so now fh lets me have my way for d wedding girly stuff
happy.gif
i love d spore culture of having rom so much earlier than traditional cos its like having a trial! n i get to have queen treatment fr everybody for 2 days :p

lkf

hi Shazz

thanks for the info. btw those shops u hv listed are in Ipoh rt? me hving the dinner in Ipoh @ tai thong restaurant at Heritage Hotel. I quite like the food there. I think MIL choose that becos the reviews on my sis-in-law's wedding were good.

looking at the rates, seems like it's not very cheap to get a make-up artist for actual day wedding. saw from ur previous postings that u r with flamingo. i went to see shirley twice before choosing Dang. was comtemplating between these 2 bridal shops really a difficult decision back then. must say shirley is very very nice n frieddly. her gowns has this fairy feeling with all the organza n embroidery.

KL girl

gd thing u dun hv to hold wedding in M'sia. me no choice, MIL insisted so can't go against her wish...but Ipoh is really far from S'pore...

S

shazz

Erm, LKf, sorry, those shops are in KL not Ipoh. Ipoh has loads of bridla shops tho'. I am sure you can find a makeup artist there.

cow

Hi girls

I'm probably the only groom in this topic! :p

My fiance and I have been preparing for our ceremony and dinner in October 2003 at the Mandarin Oriental KL.

A few minutes ago I just sent e-mail to some of you here asking for some advice. One of them is: where can I find good bridal cars in KL?

My e-mail address is [email protected]. Hope to see more posting from all of you soon.
happy.gif
Thanks!

ahboo

hi lkf,
my FH is from Ipoh too. Can share with me your make up n hairdo artist when confirmed? Me looking for natural make up too
happy.gif

Also, dun mind sharing your wedding dinner package at Tai Thong with me?

Thanks
happy.gif
happy.gif

beanie

Hi Shazz,

Just checked out your make-up artist
happy.gif
Not too bad. Must admit that she's rather new to this line. However, that means that she's more open to opinions.

Comparing her make-up to the one I had in S'pore. I think I prefer the S'pore one.

Now that this is settled, I got another major problem. The friend my FH intended to use as photographer can't make it. So we're left in a limbo now. It's abt 2 months to our wedding.

Does anyone have any recommendations for photographers in KL? HELP please! :p

leigh

Hi everyone,

I'm back to this forum. Quite happy to find it active still. I'm pretty busy nowadays since the big day is drawing near.

Talking about the M'sia banquet, I meet with similar situation as Anns. My PIL from PJ prefer Chinese restuarants rather than hotels. But, to me, it is easier to get accomodation (for my family etc) and wedding dinner all under one roof.

But, we are paying the dinner on our own, so guess we can have the last say, I hope.

geri

hi all~

my FH and me are planning to have a chinese dinner in either KL or seremban, we are not m'sians but my mom used to be and all her relatives are there. we thought it might be easier for us to go down rather than all of them come over. does anyone know how much roughly it costs to have a chinese dinner at a hotel? tables not too sure.. maybe very little. 5-10?
happy.gif

eliza

Hi Ladies

Need contact for makeup in KL, Subang Jaya on third day of CNY. Got an exorbitant quote of above $1K+

Might end of doing my own make-up.
sad.gif

Please let me know if you have any good and reliable make-up artists with naturalish skills.

Thanks

lovey

Hi PK,
Can try asking Jyue Huey. I'm also having a dinner in KL in Dec, and I asked her to help me with my make up over there. Her make up is shown in teh latest Her World Brides. Very nice and natural. She's also very friendly. You can contact her at 93875704.

eliza

Hi Lovey

Jyue Huey is from Singapore? Will she be able to travel to KL during CNY?

I have found someone who is willing to do it but at a price.
sad.gif

lovey

Yup she's from Singapore. You can try to call her and ask her... she's a very nice girl, quite accomodating too. Tell her Angie recommended you...hopefully it helps

lovey

Hi Periwinkle,
I'm not sure...think about $480 for day and night. Check with her? She's very nice one. Actually met up with her already...She'll want to know you first and will want to take a look at your dress to decide what kind of make up n hair accessories for you. She will prepare the hair accessories.
Hi PK,
Do call her n check with her. Cos yours is during cny, so can be a bit tricky... Actually I wanted to get one from Msia, but trusted only covershots and charge almost teh same price as Jyue Huey, so decided to ask Jyue Huey to help me with my make up in Msia. Really think she's good. You can see the current issue of Her World
happy.gif

periwinkle

thanks lovey, will prob call her to check. ya, i saw her make-up on Her World and really liked it! but maybe tat's 'cos the model was pretty and the pink background complimented the model's fair complexion very well ; )

dkny

Hi!
Actually i'm not new here n mia quite a long time n now c the thread start active already n i felt very happy bcoz i'm going to have my customary in this year end n i need some help about the makeup, banquet in kl.When's ur actual day?

anne

Hi ladies..

Anyone here from Penang?
I'll be holding my wedding reception and dinner in Penang. Hope to get some input
happy.gif

emmeline

hi gals,

just read some of your comments on wedding services in M'sia. I'll be having a dinner in Ipoh.. any1 here from ipoh who can share some ideas, or intro wedding photographer in ipoh ?
happy.gif

thanks a heap !

sugarbabe

Hi Milliefoo,

Is ur hubby now a S'pore PR? cos my FH is also a malaysian n I'll be supporting him to get his PR, is it difficult to get PR??