M Hotel Singapore

reb

Hi

Has anyone heard of the change of name for Copthorne Harbour View to M Hotel Singapore? Been there for one of my frd's dinner last nite. Saw the new name in their front entrance...

New look hotel....very model..any comments from those who been there? Thinking of getting my wedding dinner there in end 2002.

D

damnjian

Hi,

Yes...the name has been changed to M Hotel.I too like the interior of the hotel after the renovation.Thought of holding my wedding there too,but have some reservations as it is relatively unknown.The package is ok...can create your own menu.But they are rather inflexible.

berlinelee

Hi, Reb and dammjian

I just booked the function room of M Hotel about two weeks ago. This hotel has changed a lot since I attended a wedding about 2 years back. Their services are very good and I am very impressed with the bridal suite on the 29th floor. The hotel is very modern.
By the way, my wedding is on 24th Nov next year.
Initiatly, I was worried that this hotel is unknown to many. But when I told my friends and relatives they knew immediately which hotel because Tanjang Pagar area has very few hotels. This hotel is previously known as Harbour Da-Ichi, then Copthorne Harbour View now M Hotel Singapore. It seems that people remember the name Harbour Da-Ichi better. The good thing is very near to MRT and parking is not a problem because it is CBD area.
Hopefully, these tips will help you make your decision. Feel free to e-mail for more information. [email protected]

D

damnjian

Hi berlinelee,

Thanks for the info.Congratulations to you too.
In fact,M hotel was one of my 2 choices,the other being Conrad.I really like the interior of the hotel,the function room at 2nd floor and the suite also quite impressive.However,I didn't choose the hotel in the end cos the price had increased quite a bit after the renovation and most importantly I'm not too comfortable with the coordinator.Very inflexible.

berlinelee

Hi damnjian,

Which coordinator are you talking about? The one that coordinates with me is very friendly. Then whatever questions I e-mail her, she replies to me promtly. Her name is Annie. Well, I am just curious can you share with me what had happened to make you think they are inflexible?
happy.gif

lancer

Hi gals,

So would this "Hotel M" be worth considering? How much are their packages for next year? What do you gals mean when you say inflexible? I thot being able to create your own menu sounds rather new and interesting?

J

june02bride

hi all hotel M brides
i juz attended a fren's wedding last sat, i give thumbs up for the fd, service & amibence.

B

brideindec

hi hi

I tink I know what damnjian talking about... they cant give additional perks other in the package itself..mainly becos they have EVERYTHING in the package.... hehe but being kiasu singaporeans like us, of cos will ask for more lah....

I tink their package is good enuff already .. free flow of beer, seat covers.... the beer saves alot already ... imagine paying another 1K plus for dat!

anyway very subjective...maybe should write in to them, tell them dun put all perks in package so pple like us can bargain and get wat we want and be happy... :p

D

damnjian

Hi all,
Actually I'm quite ok with the package.What I meant by inflexible was my coordinator rejected immediately when I requested for free food tasting for 6 instead of 50% off for 10 and i more nite stay.I'm not trying to go for hard bargains,but I'm not too comfortable for them to handle my wedding as such.

berlinelee

Hi,

June02brides:
So happy to know that feedback for M hotel is good. By the way, is the venue on the 2nd floor or 10th floor? Sorry to ask you, is the food enough for 10 persons? I mean to say after the whole dinner, are all of you full? I had attended weddings that the food serving is very small. And after the dinner, my friends and I actually went for supper.

brideindec:
I also agree with you. Their package is comprehension. Most of the neccessities are included. Did you book M hotel?

lancer:
Why don't you go down to M hotel to have a look? Then you will see for yourself whether it is worth or not? As for the charges, I booked it during a wedding fair and it seems the price is slightly different for normal booking. Maybe the other brides will be able to help you.

J

june02brides

hi berlinelee
it's located on the 2nd floor (max abt 30 tables). as for the 10th flr, it could be a bigger ballroom or the chinese rstn.
yes, the portion are enuff for 10, dun worry. however, i was told the pkg comes with a deluxe room only, not a suite. my gf had to cough up xtra $200++ for a bridal suite. but the upgrade is worth it. the room is newly renovated and very impressive. the bathtub also comes wif jaccuzzi function :eek:)

berlinelee

Hi,

June02brides:
I also booked the 2nd floor. It seems that most of the brides booked the 10th floor so got a bit worried. May I know how many tables did your friend get? Is the stage very small? I mean people at back can they see the stage?
As I booked the package during the wedding fair, therefore my package is inclusive of the bridal suite. Thinking of extending for one more night, but have not confirm. I am sure your girlfriend must have enjoy herself. Sorry for asking so many questions. Thanks!!

Minnie:
I booked mine at $610+++ weekend (2nd floor)whereas the (10th floor) at $630+++ weekend.
This is the rate during the wedding fair.
If I booked min 25 tables, then free one table.
Free flow beer, seat covers...create own menu, 2 champanges, bridal suite ......

J

june02bride

hi berlinelee
dun worry abt asking too many questions, we r all here to give advice to those who needs them
happy.gif

she has 30 tables, i think it's the max, becos it was quite pack. as for the stage, yes, kind of small or maybe becos our table (no.24) was quite far away. the reception area is very spacious. i guess u r lucky since u mentioned to get the suite, but i think her's the superior suite, it is very big, the bathtub also a jaccuzzi. overall, i was impressed with the suite. the only setback was hers doesn't come with seat covers, only VIP have.

novbride

hi all!

I've booked CHV too. My pkg is $620+++ with the 10th floor banquet suite and the new bridal suite
happy.gif
The pkg also includes frilles like free flow of beer, seat covers and flexible menus!

Just to let you know...u can see thread Copthorne Harhour View for more info abt CHV!

cheers!

berlinelee

Hi

June02brides:
It seems that the package that I signed up during the wedding fair is slightly more expensive than the normal wedding package. With the free table, I think it is slightly cheaper. My package also comes with the Bridal Suite with Jacuzzi. I signed up partly because of the suite. HEEHEE!!! Thanks for your reply! I really appreciate it! From what I see, you are getting married in June? Where is your wedding venue?

J

june02bride

hi berlinelee
i guess u r lucky to get the bridal suite. have u seen the suite personally????
yes, will be throwing my dinner on 9th june at htl rendezvous.

berlinelee

Hi

June02Bride,
Yes, I have seen the bridal suite during the wedding fair. I am certainly impressed with it. But the thing is don't know whether I have time to enjoy the facilities. Wanted to extend one more night, still considering. Very expensive to extend. Perhaps ask for late check-out. Since you are having your date in June, what have you done so far? taken your photos?

J

june02bride

hi berlinelee
i think u can ask for late check-out till 3pm, usually when u extend additional nite fm yr pkg, they shd charge u only 50%, this was offered for my pkg
happy.gif

well, i have selected my gowns and photo shoot in feb. very excited and looking forward to it
happy.gif

berlinelee

Hi June02Bride,

Which bridal services did you sign up with? I signed up with Vogue Bridal Arts which is linked to Christian Creation (CC). Heard a lot of bad comments of CC, but since paid deposit already, no choice but to hope for the best.

J

june02bride

hi berlinelee
i'm with wedding news, so far so gd, keeping my fingers & toes cross, hee hee hee
when u sign up with VBA, did u shop ard???
as for us, we didn't, but bcos we wanted a shop in tg pagar area, we decided on WN almost immediately
happy.gif

have u picked out yr gowns???? when's yr foto shoot????

G

gt

Hi berlinelee,

What a coincidence!!!! We've also booked our wedding dinner at Copthorne Harbourview, but it's on the 10th floor ballroom
wink.gif

We signed up in October, before the seminar
happy.gif

berlinelee

Hi

June02Brides:
I signed up during a bridal fair at Suntec City about one month ago. Actually, just wanted to go and see see look look, in the end after looking at the ablums and it seems the package is very 'Yu hua', so we signed up. My husband very 'lazy' to hunt around so no choice. This is our first shop and we signed up and another reason the shop is very near our new house Seng Kang. I have not even go for my first appointment. Will be going after Chinese New Year. Since my wedding is next Nov, so no need to rush. Photo session.....think will be in June or July.I am on the bigger side, so trying very very hard to slim down. Any suggestions?

GT:
Nice to know another person who signed up with Harbourview. My husband and I fell in love with the 2nd floor venue despite the low ceiling so we decided to book at area. So when is your wedding?

J

june02bride

hi berlinelee
we also didn't really shop ard, juz went into WN, saw and tried their gowns. we r like u, very lazy to shop ard, more ideas, more confused, hee hee hee.
me also on the "big" side, so was very happy to know i can fit into their OTR gowns :p
as for slimming down, i give up hope aleadi, hee hee hee, i never really stick to a strict diet, hopefully, closer to the wedding, i will get stress up, and lose weight automatically, hee hee hee

berlinelee

Hi,

GT: WOW! So 'qiao'! Maybe we will get to meet each other that day! And maybe our room is next door to one another! heehee!!!
happy.gif
We can also discuss things together!! And perhaps gang up to 'bully' the staffs in M Hotel! Who is your co-ordinator?

June02Brides:
Hope that everything will turn up well for you!!! Remember to update us your progress!

G

gt

Hi Berlinelee,

Yupz, it's really a coincidence
happy.gif
When I told my WTB, she was also quite surprised! heh

Our co-ordinator is Diana
happy.gif

You can contact me at [email protected]

C

considering

Are they doing anything to the damn ugly exterior of the building?

I saw the hotel from outside, looks like a HDB block though the interior is excellent/

How much will pple "pow" for the red packets? Can recover cost or not?

angeline

Hi all,

Im quite interested in M hotel too but i have yet to confirm my date due to awaiting for my new flat keys. I maybe holding my customary wedding end of next year, so now start see see look look. Anyone can tell me more about the packages that M hotel is having for both weekday & weekend.

lancer

Dear all,

Seen all your comments about Hotel M. Personally, i think Hotel M VERY NICE especially their 10th floor ballroom as compared to 2nd Flr's Function Room, only disadvantage is probably their layout of the room during march-in.

Pricing wise, competitive to other hotels and most importantly, they are offering free flow of beer. But in certain aspects, the co-ordinators are rather inflexible. I love their Bridal suite,available only if you booked the Ballroom. They have very innovative designs for the bridal suite.....bath tub built in with jacuzzi....idea very new. According to the lady whom i met up with earlier on, Hotel M is going to launch some roadshow to promote their new brand and look, probably prices might increase further for Yr03 if they are successful. Anyway, its rather an eye-opener and different ambience from 3yrs back when i attended a friend's wedding there.

Worth considering if your budget is about $650 onwards for weekday/weekend packages.

G

gt

HI Berlinelee,

We've not gone for any food tasting. We'll probably do that when it's closer to the actual wedding day.

So far, we've already booked the hotel and bridal packages. Just waiting to get the keys to the house
happy.gif

berlinelee

Hi GT,

I think for the food tasting, probably will be 3 months before the actual date. Have you decide the dishes?
Where is your new flat? Mine in Seng Kang.

G

gt

Hi berlinelee,

We've sort of decided on the dishes but depending on how they taste, we may want to change 1 or 2 dishes.

We bought a resale somewhere in the west
happy.gif

chris

M Hotel is nice, but it is rather expensive considering the fact that it is not a 5-star hotel and it is not even in Orchard road. Moreover, it is also quite a distant from the MRT station!

Now, I am considering Orchard and Amara Hotels as well (these 2 are cheaper than M hotel, if I am not wrong, Hyatt is cheaper than M hotel as well!?!?) Which one should I choose? Quite headache leh.

berlinelee

Hi Chris

Just a note to add, M Hotel has free flow beer and I think Amara Hotel does not offer that. As for Orchard, I am not sure. As for the distance from MRT, it took us about ten minutes of walk. Parking should not be a problem because it is not in orchard area. Hopefully, this will help you in making your choice!
happy.gif

amazed

Why is it that this website is so updated!!!i suspect there are M hotel markteing staffs here instigating good writeups here. Look..the main discussion thread was changed to M Hotel (formerly known as...)even before anyone knows it !! They din even announce it anywhere....puzzle..so people don get trick here though i strongly agree the hotel is nice, dont be cowed by the good words here...i prefer to discuss with genuine interested wedding couples, not hotel staffs in disguise

D

damnjian

Hi AMAZED,

I'm not from M hotel
wink.gif

I must say the hotel is nice after the renovation but I didn't choose it for my wedding for various reasons.The package is not cheap though it is quite standard with free flow beer.Food standard is unknown.

berlinelee

Hi

Just to inform you, I am definitely not a staff from M Hotel. I booked their wedding package and thought that of sharing to those who are interested. To conclude different people have their own tastes and preferences.

G

gt

I'm also not from M hotel. I signed up before they even changed the name to M hotel and before the price hike.

It was cheap to me then and still is.

Even if there are people who are related to hotel posting in this forum, it's still an open forum. You are always entitled to your own opinion
happy.gif
[So are other people who have genuinely signed up with the hotel]

sunkist

Hey AMAZED,

You sound relly angry !

Anyway, I got the info on M Hotel through my friend wedding end of last month. The couple send the invitation card together with the hotel announcement. I think the hotel is doing a good job. At least some publicity to the public. Well done!

This is a open forum right? I think is good to have a update information. After all we should share our experience with one another, right? I don't think is harmful, agree?

leo

Hi

Went down to M Hotel today after reading all your views.

The new look is indeed very impressive. I intend to hold my dinner there. However, the 10 level banquet suite is not available on my wedding day. I have no choice but to go for the 2 level function room. So sad. sob sob
sad.gif
Does anyone has any comment on the function room?

How about the service and the food? Quite particular on these two issues.

Really appreciate if I can have some feedback soon. Need to confirm my booking by this week. Very headache.

berlinelee

Hi Leo,

Don't worry! My mother attended a wedding there using the function room. She said very nice and from the tread of June02brides (above), she also attended wedding there. So you can set your mind at ease. Me also booked function room too! It has its plus point. The reception area quite spacious as well as you can put your information and picture on the plasma TV on the wall. I like that! Hope that helps!
happy.gif

When is your wedding? Me very kaypoh!

leo

Hi Berlinelee

Thanks so much.
happy.gif
Glad to hear that.

Mine will be in Mar 02. Rather rush, right?

Actually, I have shortlisted Orchard Hotel & M Hotel. I know Orchard Hotel does provide good service & food. However, they don't provide free flow of beer, only free for the 1st 30L. They charge corkage for wine too and I don't quite like the backdrop and the VIP table cloth (seen from the photograph), so obiang, but I will go and have a look at the actual set up this sunday before I decide.

Any idea how about Riverview Hotel or Concorde Hotel? Are they good?

leo

Hi damnjian

I know but very x leh and they require min 30 tables for weekend and it comes in a table of 12.

You have any idea of how's the sound system of M Hotel? I wouldn't want a cracky song for my march in or too much echo.

pastel

I had initially considered this hotel but later decided against it cos it's still not well known. For the kind of price for its ballroom, can easily get a more reputable hotel.

G

gv

Hello all brides2b

I have recently attended one of my company's lunch there. I would say the great change in the hotel itself, how different it was from Daichi time and now. Really stands out from other hotels I been to so far, like the sitting down check-in and zen-look!

Will consider one of choice for wedding nxt year in Nov. Very different from the usual flowers, pinkish or red wedding setup I often see at other hotels.

Anyway, just my point of view..
happy.gif

G

gv

Hi Encounter

The ballroom I was at was mainly more to golden kind of color. They used gold seat covers and off-white tablecloths.