Lorenzo-any comments?

kkjc0517

hi,

Any one got any comments on Lorenzo?any1 bought furniture from there b4?I liked the L-shaped sofa(leather),coffee table(with tempered glass) and a round dining table(with tempered glass) for 6 persons there.Total around=$3k,is it too ex?where to find similar design?thanks a zillion :)

jojok

Hi cool,

I also bought a dining set fm them. It will only be delivered mid next mth, b4 christmas. I find the materials used & workmanship very good.

kkjc0517

hi jojok,

how is ur dining set like?how many seater?round table?how much u bought it for?thanks a zillion
lorenzo more famous for their tempered glass?

hi aloha,
u can go harbourfront to take a look :)

kia

hi all,
i bought a tv console and coffee table from them. Not bad, it s a light brown colour, their delivery service is also quite good, and the tv console can withstand my 29 inch TV, without sagging so i would recommend them

jojok

Hi Cool,

I bought fm the tannery lane (macpherson) showroom. Paid approx $1.4k for a rectangular tempered glass dining table w 6 chairs. Bought quite sometime ago when they first launch the promotion. The later promotion was slightly more costly though additionl chair is still 12cents each.

m_6

any promotion fr Lorenzo going on now...? looking for TV console n coffee table, maybe a sofa set too.

Husband-to-be, $800 for that set of tv console n coffee table is good buy leh...

Jojok, can write the address for me. try to go n see again. been to one of their showroom in Upp Changi before, very far n not convenient to get there.

thanks.

ginko_nuts

Hi

I need advice on the quality of their furniture. Has anybody bought their leather and wood series of sofas? Any comments?
Thanks in advance!

dottyback

hi Ginko

my dining set is from Lorenzo...frankly i bot it 4 less than 2 yrs n we hardly use them coz we eat in the living room..the long back wooden chairs however doesnt seem 2 last even wifout frequent usage..the side (joinings) seem 2 start 2 'open' a little away from the cushion

was quite surprised actually by it since their stuffs arent dat cheap

m_6

i did bought Lorenzo TV Console for $399, during a promotion last Christmas. n their coffee table at $399, no promotion. so far so good for their products; just felt the wood is a bit soft; can be easily scratched.

almost bought their sofa set, but i feel the price is very ex...

i bought the sofa set fr HTL, located in Gulf circle, something like that.... once u r there, u will change yr mindset. it's so cheap n good. they have many good design n very comfortable sofa sets. can be 1/3 the price of L.....

they r exporter of sofa sets. hence, they are selling their extra manufactured sets at a wholesales price.

gotten mine fr HTL for 2 months already. so far so good. even it's not so good, u can afford to buy new one after a few years, as u did not pay that much when u first buy it.

Is it true that there is S$80.00 delivery charge for Lorenzo ? and is it worth to join as their member ?
Thx

raccoon

Ya, there is a delivery charge for Lorenzo. I queried on the high transportation cost and the sale personnel explained that its is due to the handling and care for the tempered glass.

If whatever u r interested in buying do have tempered glass, u may ask for reduced delivery charge.

momoko0

just to share my experience...

i bought my dining set, TV console and sofa set from Lorenzo about half yr ago. Spent at least $5K for everything. However, recently the wooden edges for my dining table started peeling (opened edges). Same for my L-shape sofa, the seam is broken at one of the edges. Btw, I only stay at my place during weekends.

The quality that I'm getting just doesn't justify for the price that I'm paying. It's probably the design that cost more.

jojok

Hi Momoko,
wow... yours sounds bad. My dining table is still in very good condition & i use it frequently for dinner. I even have a dog at home, fortunately my jack russel doesn't bite it. Guess it depends on luck for everthing that we buy. The first shipment of furniture that i received was in very bad condition, scratches on the tempered glass & the wood came off etc.. i request to have it change upon delivery & they did so within a week & now this piece was perfectly fine.

momoko0

jojok,
same as you, I encountered a lot of defects on the first delivery. For the second time, they again brought defective parts to my place. So angry... I actually questioned them why they never QC before making the delivery, but the man told me they don't practice that.

The after sales service is even worse. You know my sofa torn right, so call them up and they promised to call me back within 2 wks. I thought that was kinda long, but since the lobang is not something life threatening, so i'm ok with that arrangement. 2 wks have past and still no one called me. I have to call them personally and repeat whatever I have said before again to another person (think they never keep track of my previous service request). Anyway, the lady is kind enough to arrange an appointment to fix my sofa lobang. On that day, I waited and waited and finally they came, so glad... but WITHOUT the seamstress. The guy came just to see how BIG the lobang is because they can't get the person to fix it... this is maddening!! Ok, I tell myself never mind, just wait for them to call me to fix another appointment. 5 days have past and they still have not contacted me. I just called their after sales personnel (he's a one man show) today morning and he was telling me that "that somebody suppposed to call you one" ..and i was like "ain't you the only after sales guy who is supposed to help me with my problem?? anyway, he promised to call me by today... now is already 3pm+, just keep my fingers crossed that he will.

raccoon

Momoko,

So sad to hear ur experience. I have place my order on the dining set, ottoman and tv console too... upon hearing ur experience, I feel a bit worried. Did you manage to get the sofa exchanged or done up?

momoko0

rachel,
yes, my sofa has been fixed finally... The uncle who fixed my sofa is quite nice and he came on time. Since you have purchased from them, so no point worrying. Just make sure you really QC their products upon delivery. Hope that you don't have to seek their after sales service because their after sales service disappoint me. But I could be the exception one.

raccoon

mokoko,

good to settle that. otherwise, it will always be on the mind, making u feel unsettled. I had a similar encounter recently with my hood too. This time round, I will definitely QC their products when they deliver next week. Thanks!

lionraymond

Hi,

I bought from Lorenzo one dining table and 1 side table. Quality wise was not that great as I had to get them to change 1 chair and 1 drawer of the dining table.

Also I believe there is only one guy handling the logistic which i believe is a guy by the name of Alex. It took quite a while for them to get the exchanges done.

However I am still happy with my dining table for the price I bought. Its really a solid table (very heavy). Other than the initial defects and the slow exchange i think the dining table by Lorenzo is ok.

No comments about the other items by Lorenzo as only bought dining table and Side table.

m_6

the address of HTL: 11, Gul Circle. Tel: 68618676, 67475050.

Opening hours: 10am to 7pm.

i don't think they have sales every weekends. just look out on the Straits Times, on friday, saturday n sunday. they advertised mostly on the Life section.

all the best....

m_6

just went with a friend to Lorenzo this afternoon. the TV console that i bought for S$399, last Christmas, is now S499...

those who want, no hurry, just wait for their sales seasons.

some weeks ago, i saw on paper that the same TV console is on sales by another company at S$399 too. don't know why is this so...

bennysmurf

Hi all, just bought my coffee table and TV console from Lorenzo on during the Labour Day holiday last Monday.
Asked for delivery the very next day.
We were quite impressed with their delivery. The items were actually boxed up when they arrived at my home. The delivery men also carefully placed the items on my floor after unpacking.
They even advised us not to push the tv console too fast cos it will scratch our homo floor. All in all, the $80 spent on the delivery was well worth it!! Thumbs up to Lorenzo!

m_6

saw HTL advertisement today on ST Life page 22.

the address of HTL: 11, Gul Circle. Tel: 68618676, 67475050.

Opening hours: 10am to 7pm.

kentan

Hi

I have 200 dollar Lorenzo voucher for sale, expired at 19 Sep 05 . I can sell at cheap price. Please PM me if you are interested.

hammered

There is also a cheaper subsidiary of OM located in the same building as Nobel House. It is located on the 3rd floor of the building. I bought an L shape TV console there for $388. very good deal. Also got a matching coffee table for $188. After sales service is very good. The guy came and fix and was friendly too.

ko0l

Lorenzo is hving some discount now........the discounted price seems ok but duno is it they marked up the usual price by alots....

Rdgs.........

rachely

i just bought a platform bed frame with mattress & a dining set from them a couple of months back, still need to KIV for another 2 months or so before can deliever to my new home.....but a bit scary after seeing all the comments on the defects of goods....Hope that i won't need to go through that..
Oh and i realise on the invoice, printed on the back, it also stated need to pay 80 bucks delievery charge...i find that a bit ridiculose as we paid about 3k plus on a whole & still need us to pay extra 80bucks????The furniture better come in a piece or i will not pay them .....:p scary..

thkoh

Kool,
Agreed that they tend to mark up on their usual price during promo to make their offer attractive. So do check it out a few time before committing.

pastillies

i've got Lorenzo Vouchers $240/- for sale @ $200/- Valid for 1 yr from yesterday 21/04/2007.
got them when i've bought my sofa fm them, however cannot be offset immediately, can only be used for next item/purchase. However we bought almost everything that we req already, hence not looking at buying anything else in the meanwhile. No min spending req.

Interested, pls PM me to dscuss.

pink_clouds

i've just been to Lorenzo at the Furniture Mall. Saw a dining set that is nice. My fiance and i nearly bought it but we were concerned abt the gap between the glass top and the wood. Think dust will gather under the glass top over time. Anyone has experience how to get rid of the dust?

tulipmelody

Went to the one at Sim Drive today with my husband and my advise to every one here is that if u expecting good customer service quality, pls avoid going to the store at Sim Drive. The sales personnel who was attending to us was so arrogant and very unprofessional.

pink_clouds

i went to the one at Sims Drive last week too. A lady served us and she was quite impatient when my mum commented that the workmanship under the table is not very good. Anyway, i bought a dining table from OM. Their service is much better =D

gcm_rukawa11

Went to the Sims Drive 1, got a guy call Simon quite ok leh... serve me even I din buy anything in the end... but think the shop at Furniture Mall should be better... prices quite ex, sofa 3k but nice

tulipmelody

Goh,
Tink u are lucky bah... Wonder how many Simon they have at Sim Drive, coz if i remember correctly the guy who served us is also call Simon.