Loius Vuitton

elisam

I need to know if I can buy LV bags at the duty free shopping in the Singapore airport transit. Do they carry LV
Can any one help?

elisam

i suppose then the only place that sells LV in singapore is that big shop in takashimaya? is there any other outlets in sg?

mayng

eli: not inside airport. there is DFS but there is no LV there. if not we wont be telling u so many other plcs.
happy.gif

mayng

Eli: i found this for u on the web of LV, hope it helps u.
happy.gif

SINGAPORE
Louis Vuitton Singapour DFS Scotts Walk
Louis Vuitton Singapour Hilton
Louis Vuitton Singapour Ngee Ann City
Louis Vuitton Singapour Raffles

stardus

Eli,

thats DFS Changi, as what Ling says, there isn't any LV boutique there. As for DFS Scottswalk, there is..

elisam

thks everyone.
looks like i will jus hv to get my bags here. very expensive though.

does anyone know how much cheaper it is to get the bags in europe? how many % less?

i am thinking of getting the speedy. anyone wants to sell or exchange for a gucci? i hv a beige auth gucci.

elisam

any idea how many % does prices rise by each yr for LV?

do they raise prices every yr or quarter or half yrly? cos i own 1 lv bag and realise its theoretical price has been increasing over the yrs since i bought it... (not its liquidation price though ;p)

natly

Whatever it is, if u are going to buy from europe,it's definitely cheaper but remember to use CASH instead of Credit card lest u end up paying a lot more due to the exchange rate ;)

postpet2

Hi all,

I know Dubai has one of the best DFS in terms of price.
But has anyone gone there and got anything? me curious to know.

touraco

hi eli
just to let u have an idea of the costs in france.i just came back from paris.
pont neuf selling for S$2150 here and it's selling for euro830 (before VAT) in paris.

smiley_gal

hi there...
how much is the speedy 30 or speedy 25 cost in Singapore>>?(SGP$)
i plan to visit Singapore and buy it there...

thanks very much!!

modern_gal

hi...just saw this thread...actually am thinking of getting an LV bag...but i understand that the leather strap may turn brown with use over time. am worried that when this happens the bag may look "fake". can anyone advise on the above?

stepford

modern gal, I personally think LV bags look better after they adopt the seasoned look. You can tell a fake from a real one even though both straps may be tanned. I do not know how to describe this but it's a rather vintage feel we are referring to.

hippie

hi modern_gal,
not only the straps will turn brown, smtimes the monogram prints will oso fade, say after prolong & frequent usage over a period of more than a decade. The straps will turn color naturally & tis is smthing tat cannot be help, unless u wan to change the straps every now & then.

if u wanna get a LV, why not get the Epi leather or Vernis range? Those are more classic & there won't be much fading or changes.

stepford

Hi hippie,

Geez... I din know that. Looking at my bag of 12 years, it's still in perfect condition, except for the tan straps.

hippie

hi stepford,
maybe it depends on luck. The thing is tat it won't fade out completely but u will notice tat the prints aren't so vibrant as the time u jus bot it. And i tink it depends on hw frequent u use the bag.

After sayin so much, I still prefer the Epi leather range. Tho alittle more ex, but i tink its well worth it after all its less common. It oso look so classic, won't go out of fashion.
happy.gif

lilacgal

i personally also prefer the epi range as it is more classic than the monogram prints one...furthermore the prints one too common liao...

the only monogram range tat i like is the mongram mini....actually i like LV for their workmanship more than their design...:p

g00ber

I love the daimer canvas (checkered one) range. I bought the ribera MM. Perfect for work. Big enough to put most of my things.

My colleague recommended a leather cleaner for LV bags so I bought it. It gives it a protective covering after you wipe it so that dirt from rain etc will not seep into the leather/canvas and stain it permanently when you least notice it. better save than sorry so I clean my bag with it once a month.

Thinking of getting the cosmetic pouch from this range as well now.. $375.. tempting man. me now using this lousy pouch which i got for free... hm.. consider again..

modern_gal

hey thx for your comments out there...stepford...wat do u do when the gold parts lose their shine? any way to bring back the shine?

modern_gal

hey thx for your comments out there...stepford...wat do u do when the gold parts lose their shine? any way to bring back the shine?

stepford

Hey modern_gal, I asked the boutique staff before. They have this oil that they recommend to be used to clean the gold bits only. Problem is you can only apply the oil to the gold bits, else the leather will be stained. Unfortunately, I do not have the patience to clean my bags so I just let it. Some people told me you can replace the gold bits at the boutique but I have not enquired about it yet.

pongpong32

Wanna check if u gals recieve any bad attitude when u brought anything from the LV stores at TAKA? I went this afternoon to a few branded stores. Thinking of splurging on a nice wallet for my birthday. I admit i am not super rich. But a wallet that is around 400 is still within my budget. I have to say LV staff really sucks. I ask to see a wallet she give me those stuck up face. When i ask the price, she look away and say it in a impatient way. I was so piss off i put it down and walk off. After looking at a few brands, I still like the LV one the most. Haiz but i think of going back to the store puts me off. Imagine, I pay them money still have to see their face. Do u experience it?

applescream

Ms pi,

the art of dealing wif such stuck up sales pple is to be more snobbish than them. Slightly lift ur head when u tok to them and adopt the attitude that they are there to serve you, which is true. some of the sales pple at high end boutique r really nice, wif excellent service but some really deserves to be bash up..haha..

pongpong32

Hi Apples&cream,

Ya man.. I ask so politly and was given this kind of attitude. As tho i have to 'di sheng xia qi' to buy their stuff. I agree that not all are like that. The sales at Burberry was really really nice. But i can only afford to buy 1 and i guess for the price I have to choose something i really like. Will drop by another day. Hopefully i can meet someone nicer.

honesty

hi ms pi

i was at LV shop in Taka the other day too. But i was served by a very nice and patient staff. Forgot her name though but she is very friendly and answered most of my questions. Dunno if it's becos they see i'm carrying an LV bag so they know i'm a repeat customer, hence the nice attitude. Then again, i think diff people will have diff sales tactic. If i encounter rude sales, i will have no qualms in reprimanding them or complaining them to their supervisor. Usually i will give them chance by talking nicely to them even though they're rude in the beginning. But if their behaviour continue, i would not hesitate in telling them off. That way they cannot deny that they were rude. I will tell them "is there anything wrong with u or why ru so rude?" Sometimes it works, they will back off. Worse come to worst, jus tell them this "I dont wish to be served by you." That will piss them off. Kekeke

pongpong32

Hi Honesty,

Thanks for advise.. I have never brought any of this branded goods before. This is the first time. Actually when i was in the shop that day, another sales did smile to me. She looks quite friendly. Maybe i will look for her when i go down. Is it true that they dont display all their items? I saw some other nice ones on the website but didnt see it at the shop.

pongpong32

I got my wallet le. so happi.. was serve by a guy call caleb. Very patient and friendly. Will look for him again next time.