Locations for Photoshoot

joxue

Hi gals,

Any places to recommend for photoshoot? Has anyone taken their pics at Orchid Garden at sentosa or bird park?

photostory

Hi ahxue,

Really depends no what you and your HTB likes. If you like beaches then I suppose the only decent place in Singapore to go is Sentosa. If you like greenary, then you can try the various gardens and parks. I know of a couple that really loved animals so they went to the zoo.
happy.gif

ii_yume

i am oso havin headache to choose location.
can some kind soul put up a list of location?

1. zoo
2. bird park
3. sentosa beach
4. chinese garden

joxue

here are some locations:

1. esplanade
2. sentosa
3. SAF yacht club ( Sembawang )
4. bird park
5. sec/poly/U ( where couples first met )
6. jetty at Lim Chu Kang
7. Millenia Walk/Tower
8. Fullerton

i saw a pic in the forum where a couple took one of their pic in the park. The couple was each holding a hp, the girl was sitting on the bench while the guy is standing some dist away.. this couple had maintained a long distance r/s , communicating usually via phone thus the pic.. brings meaning to the photo .. keke..

Maybe we can find some spots which hold some special meaning thus the pic will not just look nice..

sandsand

here are some more locations i can think of..

Labador Park
Botanical Gardens
Sembawang Park
Vivo City Waterfront area (very nice at night)
Airport
Supreme Court (outside)

donniedragon

I have creative ones. Go according to your interests and hobbies. If both of u are into sports, shoot them at the stadium (a presentable one). If into singing, do it at a jamming studio or recording studio. Otherwise:

The Cathay Cineplex
National Museum
Changi Airport
Furniture shops in Park Mall
The Gallery Hotel
Raffles Hotel etc.

shycloud

Donnie,

heh...ya if skin is sensitive, better bring along insect repellent...otherwise will feel very uncomfortable...

i was lucky...the weather was pretty cooling hence not many mozzies...

joxue

Tris, its at alexandra park. I went there for my photoshoot too. But then do take caution. The swing seat is super small and low. I fell off it and scraped my arms.

I seen some pics taken in botantic gardens.. its very nice too. Bird park as well, at the man-made waterfall. I regretted spending too much time in the studio. So do gauge the timing.
Have fun~

janjanblues

i had mine at shenton way (yesh! n taken pics right in the middle of the roads), botanical garden, labrador park & st. theresa's church

hapimint

Yes we have kelongs in Singapore... my old neighbour used to own one and we go there sometimes to spend weekends...

isilwen

Probably late in joining this thread (and I'm totally new to the forum), but I had a couple of unconventional ideas.

1. garden or landscaped area of the newer parks like West Coast Park
2. open spaces underneath flyovers

kovankitty

Hi Isilwen,

Which flyovers do you mean?

Also, is parking convenient?

I'm exploring that idea to do some outdoor photography on my AD (as my day starts very early and therefore have some time to spare before tea ceremony). But since time is a crucial factor on ADs, such matters like logistics (parking, walking distances etc) have to be kept to a minimum.

Appreciate your advice. Thanks very much!

sunqian

Anyone did their photoshoot at Labrador Park? Can share your pics with me? You can either leave the link here or PM me.

Do we need to pay for photoshoot in hotels?

pinjie8275

Hihi,

How abt Underwater at Sentosa? I am considering leh and had emailed them about 1 mth plus ago to check if any pre application is required... But no reply yet...

rjwedding

hi.. i'm thinking of singapore flyers too.. haven't got any reply from them.. i will call them soon as my PS is coming up.. if anyone knows about it, can let me know.. thanks..

supergal

Hi,

My HTB also thinking of Underwater World.

He has seen many wedding albums with photos taken at Fullerton, Botanic Garden, etc...so really wanted something different
happy.gif

pinjie8275

Hi,

I have called and confirm that we are able to take phootshoot within the vicinity of the SF. We can just buy the tickets and board the capsule if we are interested to shoot the interior.

However, I did some research and noticed that photoshoot in the capsule might not be ideal as there will be another visitors there too hence might block the better views... The photographer must really be experienced and quick or else waste $$.

Still no one reply me regarding shooting at the Underwater World...

rjwedding

thanks pin&jie.. i'm thinking of calling them too.. but too busy until forgot liao.. then i can go ahead to take my PS at SF.. think nobody taken PS at Underwater World yet.. but that will be cool.. i'm afraid of fish.. if not maybe i will try too.. hehehe..

pinjie8275

Hi baby, I called SF last week but they didn't mentioned about any additional cost other than the $29.50 per pax to board the capsule. Maybe u wanna confirm with ur colleague again.

Hi R&J, when is ur PS? Mine is on 27 June 08.

rjwedding

opps.. think i double check with SF again later.. my PS is 24 Apr.. which is like 2 weeks from now.. or is the $500 charges means that we book the whole capsule by ourselves? i don't want to have the whole capsule by ourselves, i purposely want to have people around..

pinjie8275

Whole capsule will cost $2000. Maybe is booking fee for some private areas within the vicinity bah... Cos' I understand there do have a few areas which are for private function.

R&J, pls check and update us again, k? Thanks!

pinjie8275

Oh men! Underwater want to charge additional S$500/hr on top of the usual admission fee for photo shoot! Actually I thought is normal photography and the only difference is we are in WG instead of normal clothings.

Daylight robbery!!! =(

rjwedding

ok, just called SF. no additional cost if u just going onboard the capsule with other people(strangers).. just that u can't bring ur tripod onboard.. normal camera can.. just buy the ticket and u can board the capsule to take pictures..

if u are planning to have the capsule by yourself, then u will need to take their bridal package.. sorry i didn't ask how much..

pinjie, huh?? underwater world so ex mah?? u going underwater or just around the area there??

pinjie8275

Hi R&J,

Thanks for confirming with SF.

The $500 is the permit fee to take photos at the underwater world. If u wanna to join the swim or dive programe, then need to pay extra... On top of these, we still need to pay the entrance fee..

I find it crazy... Cos' actually we are like normal visiots with cameras mah... Just that we are in wedding gowns and suits...

rjwedding

ya lor.. crazy policy.. u try neg with them?? If need $500 for permit, then they shouldn't let the visitors take photo too..

pinjie8275

I contact them via email... Did not negotiate cos' the Mktg person's reply dun seem friendly and approachable...

Anyway, I dropped this idea liao cos' it's really crazy lor... trying to extort wedding couple... We are not 'Cai Tao' lor...

pinjie8275

R&J, so u intend to have ur PS on SF? Please share with me your experience and photos if u really do, k?

Cos' my pre-wedding PS team is from JB so I need to plan and co-ordinate the schedule on the shooting date properly... =(

rjwedding

yes.. decided to go.. but haven't decide whether to go inside the capsule anot.. will see what my PG says when we meet up with him next week.. sure I will update u my experience & photos when I'm done with my PS on 24th Apr..

rjwedding

hi pin&jie.. although i got MSN but i don't log on often.. cos office can't access.. i will access internet from office.. eating snake for a while.. i can't logon to MSN.. so abit no point for us to chat over MSN.. cos u will always see me offline.. think most people have their own idea where to go for the outdoor PS.. and there's many other post on this too, that's why it's quite dead here.. u can drop me e-mail @ [email protected] if u can to chat.. i can reply e-mails from office..