Leapin' Lizards

jenjen

Hi gals, need help here...

I went to Leapin' Lizards to enquire about the cost of making my bridal shoes and the lady quoted me $50 per diamonte strap I want (I need about 4 straps per foot)... is this price reasonable?!?

It is excluding making the shoes leh...

Please advice asap!!

C

cheapstake

hi jen,

i dun know if that price is reasonable... but i think it is far tooooo expensive... and u only get to wear it on your wedding day@!!!

for me.. maybe i cheapskate, i brought a pair of wedding shoes, silver with sequins on sale and it only cost me $19.90. i tot it is hidden under my gown and no one can see it anyway.

do think twice... i tot the $$ can be put into better use!

meimei

Hi JenJen,

I too had the same problem finding a nice pair of diamonate silver shoes and LL is kind of expensive. Isn't that going to cost like $50*4 straps = $200 plus another $50+ for the making the shoes.

FYI, I finally found a nice 3.5 inches silver diamonate shoes at OG. It was on sale and it costs around $39.90 after discount. Do pop by to take a look as they have rather nice designs. It is a slingback hence it makes walking easier.

jenjen

hihi, which OG did u go to?? I went to Orchard one but did not see anything I like... or is it my taste too high?!?! *sigh*...

flowee

Jenjen ger

u can check out Taka, Tangs & Isetan outfit...
They do carry some range of silver heels...
I bought my silver shoes @ $29+/- from Isetan Tampines 4 my rom...
pretti comfortable...
happy.gif

meimei

Hi,

I went to the OG at Great World City and Orchard as well. Got the shoes at Great World City in the end. I only wanted a silver, diamonate pair which does not costs a bomb. It fulfills all that plus it is 3.5 inch in height hence I got it immediately. Hope you can find one suitable.

sweetiee

Hi Jenjen,

Aiyo... I won't pay that much for a pair of shoes leh... I got my wedding shoes at JB and just cost me around S$20! And the design is quite nice...
happy.gif

decbride

Hello,

I heard from my SIL that the shoes made from Leaping lizard is not lasting.

She had one made some years ago for her wedding. She decided to take it out to wear it like 6 months after the wedding and she realised that the shoes cannot be worn anymore. Reasons being that the shoes starts to disintegrate.

So she advised me not to custom make. Try to get it off the shelves.

jenjen

aiyah... today want to go marina square to take a look... now dunno if I should oso go great world OG or not...

meimei, $29 only!??! the one I liked off the shelf is $150!!!

flowee, tampines a bit far for me leh...
sad.gif

Sweetiee... JB leh... further than Tampines... unless can get my hubby to go wif me there... :p

Decbride, thanx for the infor... coz that was wat I thought... saw those shoes on the shelves and they really look old... wonder why...

flowee

jenjen

dun worri coz my 2 gf who romed recentli they manage 2 get their shoes from Isetan Scotts..
u can try there...
happy.gif

jenjen

aiyah... flowee... sometimes I quite particular one leh... scared later last min, anyhow buy...hhehe

jes

jenjen

i will definitely not paying so much for that pair of shoes, i also got my shoe off the rack, its 4" silver fabric dust open toe shoe for $49.

stt

hi jes,

may i know where did u get the shoes. i'm also looking for 4" (or higher
happy.gif
) silver color shoes for my wedding dinner leh... i bought a pair of close toe shoes (in white color) oredi for day wearing (tea ceremony). now am thinking of getting another pair when I change to my evening gown. i haven't chose my evening gown but i think silver color is easy to match with any color of gown.

sweetiee

hi jenjen,

If you're seriously looking into customised shoes, perhaps you can also check out Gosh Comfort or Hue?

jenjen

sweetiee... I acherly dun really need customised shoe lah... just searching off the shelf for those strappy diamonte ones...

jes

stt

i bought my shoe in one of the shops in Tanjong Katong Complex....i hv been searching the whole singapore for 4" silver shoes but some either too high or too low, some design is not nice, i happen to pass by this shop and show this cross strap front open toe shoe with 4" heel and its rather comfy cos its fabric and not too expensive ;p

sweetiee

hi Jenjen,

Hmm, I think there are quite a lot OTR ones lah... but just need to start watching out for them lor. You're referring to open toes ones huh? Did you check out Metro?
happy.gif

jenjen

Hi gals, I comb the whole City Hall and Orchard area yesterday but the only ones I liked were the Vivie ones... is it really worth paying $150 for a pair?? I'll probably wear them for special occassions in future lah...

dawn1002

JenJen,

I agree with Jes.

I bought one pair of gold closed front but bare back for my evening gown.. and it cost me $69.90... which is rather reasonable.

I bought it at Taka dept store.

jenjen

Hi gals... thanx for all ur advices... I finally bought the shoes costing $150... arr... must starve leow... :p

the only ones and the first ones which caught my eyes... fell in love with them... just cannot resist... anyway, I can still wear them for other occasions...
happy.gif

jacko_wacko

Hi there,
am interested in getting my wedding shoes custom made. already have the pix. can i get the address and tel no. of Leapin' Lizard? and are they professional n anyone has anything to say about their service?

coven

hi jacqueline,
i'm checking out their custom-made shoes this evening. trying to decide btwn custom made & otr.

here's their addr: 10 anson road, international plaza, #01-57. tel: 62222783.
its very easy to get there - tanjong pagar mrt. if i remember correctly, they r near the BK... if the BK is still there!
lame.gif

couldnt find one tat match my requirement - 4", open-toed, diamante stripe in front to cover the toes area and mostly, to match 2 gowns. been checking out riccino, OG @orchard pt, robinson @raffles city, Taka, tangs, isetan @wisma. still has a few other places to check - metro, robinson @centre pt, isetan scotts.

jacko_wacko

Hi Coven,
wah sounds like their shoes also like wedding gown, got MTM and OTR but thanks for giving me the contact. will check them out once i settle my gown. maybe after today, you can tell me something about their service.

Anyone, anything to say about the quality of their workmanship?

decbride04

hi Jac

I just had my shoes MTM from LeapinLizard. I made two pairs, one for my WG and one for my EG. They have a sales person very friendly and you can ask him questions to find matching shoes for your gown. He does give good advice. His name is Issac.

Today when I went, there is also a lady (not sure of her name, a little plumb with age) she's also very friendly and can give advice. Remember abt a week ago, I went to find out, there is a lady short hair, small built, not very friendly.

They need a mth to make your order and if you want earlier, have to top up.

Coven, reason why I go to MTM is bcoz I can't find any 1" outside however when I was hunting, I saw quite some of your description. Not very sure if it's 4" but know it's definitely 3" and more. If I didn't remember wrongly, it's at Bugis Junction and also shops at Bugis Village. You may want to take a look there.

autumn_ivy

Hi everyone here,

Does anyone of u here hv any recommendations for silver diamonte strap shoes with not more then 2" high heels..

oinkeebabe

Hi Autumn,

Leapin Lizard is good, Isaac is actually the boss. I made my wedding shoes there, cos I need 5 inches high.

U may want to check out Heatwave. Their custom made shoes are relatively cheap but takes about 2 to 3 weeks time. Prices range from $50 to less than $100. Designs according to what they have on the shelf.

ade75

Ivy,

You can also checkout Ram's shop at Lucky Plaza .. the soles are more comfy than LL but more pricely ... more than $200.

i got mine @ Metro Woodlands.. Vivie.. it have a whole range of nice pairs of shoes, for WG or EG.. the price is afforable.. less than $50 after 20% discount for metro discount.. who have metro card - can get 10% discount at the moment.

i have bought a pair for EG.
i am going to get another for WG..

going to save up for honeymoon n new hme..

jaspeng

hi lynn,

i was at the shop last weekend and over heard a staff telling the customer that the biggest size they have is size 12. So no worry for you.

kiki80

Hi,

Came to kw tt actually the cost price of diamonte strap is abt $20. If LL is charging at $50, tt is really expensive.

Me still tot of going down today and take a look. if that is the case, probably i will buy one shoe from outside, anyway when wear the gown, also cannot c. maybe wear kua can c lah...

hmmmm... but think internatioal plaza also got alot of shop selling bridal shoe right?

ashy

Hi, ,,,
I made my shoe last mth!!!
cost 99bucks... plain one cos i wanted a normal flower strap cost mi 40 bucks... think its not worth lor/////

celine78

hi hi,

i'm looking for those white high cart boots...or those with white stripes tying around the ankle part, all the way up to the knees....does anyone know where to make these kind of boots ??
I've been finding it high & low, but still no where to be found, majority of those boots is black in colour..sigh..
Coz I've MTM my wedding gown to be short in front & long at the back, as i'll be having a poolside wedding :p

junibride

hi J&J, i personally like paradox's shoes. I bot my wedding shoes there for my wedding this month n its cost $339 becos i bot the Paradox's signature pair, meaning the evergreen one. its very nice. it has strings to tie ard my ankle n 2 relative big swavaski crstals... all paradox shoes have 15% off until 31st dec 2004.. so grab it if u really love their shoes.

junibride

the difference i find between paradox's n leaping lizard's shoes is that the quality for paradox shoes r much better. take note i said this not becos i bot paradox's shoes. actually i work near international plaza where leaping lizard is and pretty often during lunch time i will hop over to check out their shoes n new arrivals but each time i find their quality really bad. For example, their heels are pretty chunky. i personally prefer those sharp n pointed heels cos it looks more feminine n elegant. secondly, i can see the yellow glue spilling out from everywhere like where the crystals are. they didnt do a good job in putting the crystals in place nicely. the entire shoes look very "cheap" looking i feel. like freshly out of a cheap factory. no offense to ppl who have bot their shoes. just my personal tots. paradox on the whole is very classy n good taste. go check the both of them out urself!

tianyun

hi,
my wedding shoes are done by leaping lizards n i find them great. thou it's a 2 3/4" heels but i can simply just wear the whole day even w/out feeling any pain. moreover their services are really very good too...they basically can rmbr ur name every time u pop by. in fact i already bot many pair of shoes there n will be getting my own material for them to do
happy.gif

pepperpower

Juni, I agree with you about the workmanship differences between LL and Paradox, but neither seems veri outstanding with the design element. Not many shoes stand out at both shops, 'cept for one or two.

What about durability issues? Is Paradox more wearable in the long run than LL? Having your heels crack on you on one's hectic AD will not a pleasant experience make.

pepperpower

Juni, I agree with you about the workmanship differences between LL and Paradox, but neither seems veri outstanding with the design element. Not many shoes stand out at both shops, 'cept for one or two.

What about durability issues? Is Paradox more wearable in the long run than LL? Having your heels crack on you on one's hectic AD will not a pleasant experience make.

oraia

hi pepperpower, i wore paradox for my AD. no worries, the heels won't crack on you.
happy.gif

they're nice and sturdy even tho' they are high, skinny heels.
thumbs up!

ashly

Leaping Lizards is at International Plaza. Level 1. Can't remember the unit no. tho. Quite expensive I must say.

gubgub

Apart from Leaping Lizard, does anyone know of any shops that custom-make wedding shoes? Think Heatware already stop doing this. Thx.

scribbler

hi all,

i'm looking for a pair of 5" platforms, plain ivory or white. well i think it will be kinder on my feet, and it's going to be hidden under the gown anyway...

does anyone know where i can get a pair at a reasonable price?