Leapin' Lizards

ashlady

hi ahcole,
Have fun k? by the way, i sent you an pic of my shoes
happy.gif

ahcole

Hi Ashlady..

10Q so much for sharin ur beautiful heel w mi..
actuali.. i cant wait til sat.. i popped by today alr.. heehee =p..

had cfm my order w them .. is a 3" open toe design.. at 1st i wanted to tak 2.5".. bt reali felt tat 3" is so much nicer..tink hav to practice walkin at hm nw..

e price is nt cheap.. my is ard 180.. bt i am so happy n oso hope it can b wat i wanted..

ashlady

hi ahcole!
hehe...If you let them know exactly what you want, it shld come out as you wish
happy.gif
My FH helped me to draw out the pic even..just to make sure they know eaxctly what we want. Mine is 3.5'' inch. Usually higher heels look more elegant
happy.gif
hee..must share the pic when you get your shoes k?
kao_clap.gif

kimberlyduyen

Hi!,
Anyone selling off their shoes? I would like to buy a pair of size 4 or 5 heels (3-4"). Wana use it for photoshooting this mth end.

red088

hi yukie, can you send me the pix as well?

btw, I heard that LL shoes come from a factory place in aljunied? anyone have this address?

eternitystar

Hi Gals

there's another shop tht u can custom made the wedding shoes.

Essex Walk, they hv a branch at Taka & their main office at Palais Reneissance, u can custom made the size/heels too ^_^

susanfoo

eternitystar, any idea how much roughly it cost to make a pair of shoes.

by the way, do they custom make normal shoes too?

eternitystar

Hi Susan...

Their shoes are slightly on the higher end i suppose..hmm...bt it's really up to individual becos the design tht i had in mind will cost ard $360 to custom made at Leapin Lizards which is more/less the same as Essex Walk...

They do custom make normal shoes as well, will take ard a month or so becos it's made in London
happy.gif

panicmode

I went to LL for a quote, a crystal strappy heels was quoted $290 and a plain satin bow peep-toe heels I was quoted $105. They said crystals costed more, I can get 1440 pcs of crystals for $56 -- how can it be that it cost so much more?? Anyway if stick on crystals, might as well, I DIY them?
sad.gif

kokoryo

its true, you can get stick on Swarovski crystals in all sizes and shapes from textile centre and I was surprised they are quite cheap at 100 pc for 10-20 bucks. After I found out about this, I really found those crystal shoes overpriced.

whiteangelz

hi all,
thot i shld share my encounter with LL.
I went in to have look at couple of times before. Each time, i so happen to go with different ppl to get opinion. Somehow, i always end up with same design.
So i went back one day n was so ready to order it (remembering it takes 1 mth). When i asked the price, they claimed the price has increased, by $35!
I told them i came back, coz of design n price, now they WILL NOT honor the price they quoted me previously. They claim that after that, they realised that they have been UNDERPRICING that pair, so price has to go up for workmanship!!!!
This certainly is not the way to do business. They even wrote down the model n price on their namecard.
I was really upset n disappointed. I ended up with no shoe in mind for awhile.
Well, just to share that their service is not all that great, esp when they do not honor their pricing. Thats ONE THING THATS IMPORTANT TO ANY BRIDE - PRICING!!!

escapism

i went to LL once bearing in mind the rave reviwes i've heard. but was quite disappointed coz the designs can mostly be found off the shelves. plus it's pretty expensive oso lah. in the end, i didn't get anything fromt them.

think tangs studio will be a better choice. they have gorgeous diamante heels too
happy.gif

luvforest

Hi,

My custom made wedding shoe wif crystals infront (from Leapin Lizard) had only wore twice, once on my indoor photoshoots and once on actual day.

In very good condition, 3 inch high. size 4.5 (normally i wear size 5 from OTR shoes)
Interested parties pls PM or leave down ur email address. tks !

aacz

I made both my evening and day shoes at LL. As what Suzie says, they have some sort of "templates". But if u have ideas of what u want your shoes to be like, you can actually mix and match and personalise it. For me, I'd seen other shoes that I love at other places, but they're simply too tall for me. Figured I'll rather walk safe than to worry about tripping on my wedding day!
As for maintenance, the lady did tell me about applying some oil (I asked). Can't remember what oil, but will likely be getting it when i collect my shoes end Nov.
Perhaps for those who are concerned about maintenance you'll want to find out more before you make your shoes. The service is generally very good, they're very patient as well and won't hard sell.
happy.gif

rainpod

hi aacz, may i know how high r your heels? just MTM my pair with LL and will be gg for my first fitting. as i requested for a low height of 1-1.5", LL recommended a 1.5" kitty heel to go along with my shoes. quite worried that the kitty heels will turn out too thick cos i prefer thin heels. however, the kitty heels r the only slimmest ones they hv.

aacz

Hi rainpod,

my heels are about 2 inches. What's kitty heels? I dun know the names of the heels...

Anyway, during the first fitting, you'll get to try the cut, size and heels (without the beads and crystals) so you can see whether the heels are suitable, the heels won't be fixed permanently yet, so maybe you want to ask them if they can change if you find that the heels don't fit
happy.gif

suetan

I realise alot of brides got their heels fr far east plaza. I got mine fr OG tho, lots of crystals too and its only for less than $30 cos of 20% storewide dist. I wont be upset even if I dun wear it next time.

Maybe u gals shld look ard b4 deciding to mtm cos its nt cheap lo

430749.jpg

rainpod

hi aacz, thanks for the info
happy.gif
i will be gg LL this wkend. o... i also dunno what's kitty heels until jennifer (one of the staff) showed me. very hard to describe here haha... i just hope if i request for a change of heels, LL dun charge me lor.

hi suelynn, tat's a nice pair of shoes u hv
happy.gif
bo bian. i'm paying for the height of my shoes. can't get the nice ones off the shelf as they are usually 2-3" tall. & there r so many designs available! if i choose to cut the heels, the clobber will hv to bend the shoes' arc. Worried this will end up damaging the pair. so finally decided to MTM.

aacz

rainpod

Hmmm how abt taking pics of the shoes u like and see if they can make it to the height u want?

I didn't try that, bcoz i didn't think of taking photos then...

yah there are cheaper shoes ard... went to my aunt's place and realise my cousin bought nice shoes at rather cheap prices... But ok la, make already then b happy lo
happy.gif

rainpod

hehe aacz, i think LL will charge additional $50 for designs not from them. anyway, now waiting for my first fitting and hopefully the final results will not be too disappointing
happy.gif

lily_bud

HI all,

thot I would share my experience at LL. Not good!...I went in and ask for the pricing for MTM shoes. There was a lady and a guy staff and both of them were serving an ang moh. the rest of the customers were just browsing in the store....so I approach the lady and ask her for quotes. She lifted her head and told me "the prices are at the back of the shoes"...so I ask about additional charges for MTM...she jsut bluntly told me..."add another 10%"...and went back to serving the angmoh...goodness!...i feel so unwelcome...

anyway I feel that places like Metro, OG, NOVO and CK tangs sells pretty shoes as well...LL prices are quite steep...and i dun think i want them to earn my money...

sea_blue

Hmm...Maybe the angmoh lady came first before all the other customers? Or she is there for her shoe fitting while the rest are just browsing?

Honestly, I got really good service from Wendy and the guy and the younger lady

The shop can be really crowded at lunch times so I always choose to go during off peak hours so I can have Wendy's full attention!
happy.gif
All 3 of them have helped me for my shoe fitting before and were really patient...I made 2 pairs of shoes eventually..
happy.gif

cutecat

I recently went in to look see the shoes designs, though they have customers in there, they don't bother to acknowledge my existence. I did not browse much and walked out after that. I rather shop at the department stores.

Unless your feet is difficult to look for sizings or you have some unique designs you looking for that you can't find outside ever.

Then you may consider MTM your shoes, if not i don't find it worth it. Thats my personal opinion.

cutienottikitty

my personal experience with LL...
uhoh.gif

been to the shop 3 times... each time, being ignored... even though there's no pple in the shop... and as Diana stated... since we are not ang moh... i find that the service towards us sucks...or should i put it as non-exsistence of service?? since they practially ignored me ... choosing me over the ang moh..hmmm...

i wanted to get a MTM shoes... i asked them and they told me..oh..that design is $160... so i thot ok..$160 still ok for a shoe... and when i went back another time... asked another lady..she told me..oh..it's $320!!!...i was like.. but the other time someone from ur shop told me it was $160... and very rudely she told me... the other lady must have quoted me the price without the crystals... i was like..what the??? for about 8 crystals on each shoe... i got to pay extra $160!!! and her attitude was like...take it or leave it..cos i got other customers...

in the end..i foudn my dream shoes... without the cut neck price at Aldo... 4 inches high... transparent... at $120.... so i will suggest u girls to go to aldo, OG, tangs or even city plaza to look for ur shoes before u MTM...

lushvelvet

I'm a happy customer of theirs though.. Isaac was very patient with me and even though I was a tad naggy on the design I wanted and even insisted on having an email confirmation on their understanding of the design, they complied patiently and was a beautiful job done. Not very cheap, but it was worth it. I have bunions on my feet and it's never easy to find a pair of good shoes, so I was really happy with the shoes they made for me.
My bridesmaid also made a very pretty pair of "anklet" shoes and Isaac made the effort to finish it in 2 weeks though it would have taken much longer.

puffykel

I had mine done last week, cost me near 300bucks. I am tall and heavy, every nice diamante heels i saw are like 3-4 inches and super thin stick type. i think i will not walk confidently in them. my hubby is abt my height and i dun wan to appear taller. Although LL is expensive, i tink it is worth it to have diamante heels that is juz 1.5 - 2 inches. plus i get to choose the heel shape, buckle. the crystals they sew onto the heels are also very sparkling. plus i can have them dye my heels to black for other occasions. as for service, i went during non peak hours... not much ppl inside so i got a good service from a saleslady. I am gonna have my first fitting soon. PS: the boss didnt even bother to look at me though until i decided to buy. :p will update again.

chopperpiggy

My photo didnt do justice to my shoe, all I can say is FABULOUS!!!! My experience with them and my shoe is just lovely, everything according to my needs and require. It's a 4.5" Satin with platform, very comfy & chic, love it to bits!!!
613100.jpg

crown

ChopperPiggy,

Yesterday i went LL and i think the design i chose was almost the same as yours. Mine was Satin too but in silver then i dun wan the center crystal, mine will have crystal on the rims
happy.gif

Mine is only 3inches. i dun dare to take too high, scare i trip. hehe

chopperpiggy

Hi Crown,

My wedding just gone and I have to say that my heel was fantastic. I looked good and it's comfy, I didnt suffer any blister. However, mine wasn't a whole day event lah, maybe if I really walk for the whole day in it, it can be real tiring. Really no regret lah!.
proud.gif

crown

mine was $200plus. was abit heartpain but i hope it dont give me prob on that day, hehe

After my wedding, im gg to bring it back and dye it to black so that i can wear to work
happy.gif

lexilicious

I just went down to Leapin' Lizard today to make my shoes... Not sure how they'll turn out yet but overall, it was a nice experience.

I had Issac (the guy) serve me and he was very patient and nice all the way. I changed my mind repeatedly, from the colour to the design and he never once got angry or impatient. In fact, he was very helpful and was busy showing me the different designs and modifying some samples for me to see how the final design might look like. I spent about 1.5hrs there and even when I decided to do a cheaper option for one of the designs, he didn't say anything but laughed along with me when I mentioned I was being cheapskate.

crown

Yeah, Issac is quite friendly. After we left the shop, my bf asked me why is he always smiling. I also changed my mind a few times but he didnt get piss off.

At first my budget was $100 and he recommend me a few designs but in the end my bf said he rather spend the money then seeing me in a black face on our big day, haha.