Laneige Skin Care

whiteveil

Hi diamond42,

think they only have 2 outlet...one at bugis and the other at wisma. maybe u can try asking the wisma branch?

i personally went to the wisma branch but they say they run out of the WSP sample too.

elmobb

Hi diamond42, there's a counter at Raffles city too n tampines isetan...find the salesgirl at Raffles city better....quite friendly...the one at Tampines Isetan not so....

brambles

hi ladies... i just bot the water sleeping pack last nite too. have yet to try, maybe in a few days. seems like v good reviews so far
happy.gif
btw, the girl at the counter also gave me a strawberry yogurt pack sample to try...

anything other item that u girls hv tried and find it good? has anyone tried their moisturiser and eye cream or their essence?
happy.gif

whiteveil

Hi Brambles,

which outlet did u went yesterday? do they still have any WSP samples? interested to try the yogurt pack and WSP
happy.gif

brambles

hi whiteveil, i went to the Raffles City Robinsons outlet.

i'm not sure if they hv the WSP sample as i bought one bottle to try... sounds too tempting for me
happy.gif
as for the yogurt pack, they shld still hv samples. but i figured they were rather stingy with the samples as i tried to ask for a few other samples but were rejected...
happy.gif

diamond42

Hi all,

I went to the raffles city robinsons counter today and managed to get a water sleeping pack sample. I wanted to get the yogurt pack but decided to go back on Friday to get it instead.

Btw, anyone of you using the following:

1. Lip and eye make-up remover.
2. Wash-up cleansing oil.
3. Star White Eye Spot.

My colleague highly recommended me the star white eye spot saying it really reduces her puffy eyes and dark eye circle. Any comments for the above?

Oh yes! I am going for their liquid foundation. Look very natural. :D

brambles

hi diamond42, just wondering which range of their liquid foundation r u goin for? think the salesgirl told me that they've 3 types of liquid foundation
happy.gif

diamond42

Hi brambles,

I am using their clear liquid foundation. Yup! They have three.

1. Clear liquid foundation - lightest and matt finish
2. Natural liquid foundation - latest product of their, heavier and have a shiny finish. Not very suitable for combination skin as it add onto your T-zone shine.
3. Star white waterproof foundation for luminous skin. I did not ask to try this one so don't know the difference.

BUT i realised something today, they do have sample for their make-up range. Not the entire range but they have.

The lady at Isetan Wisma is the best. She is the one who recommended me the clear liquid foundation whereas the other two ladies in Bugis Seiyu and Raffles City Robinson keep pushing the latest liquid foundation to me even though i told them i got combination skin.

coyote

I went Wisma outlet ytd and the frdly sales girl gave me the samples for Water Sleeping Pack & Star White Eye Spot ;)

Anyone going to Korea soon? Hahaha...can help to get the products from there, is so much cheaper ;)

Currently they are having promotion, get a free gift (pouch+some skin care items in small size) & membership when you purchase $120 & above.

brambles

h diamond42, thanks. i know that their latest liquid foundaton is scented. i dun quite like it. if i rem correctly, the salesgirl recommended me their clear liquid foundation too but no sample to try...

hi d.o.g... can teach me how u ask for samples? cuz i was at the wisma outlet on thursday. tried asking for samples too but was unsuccessful
sad.gif

diamond42

Hi Brambles,

no lei...when i tried out their latest liquid foundation named Natural, i did not smell any scent.

I think they don't have sample to give out for their "Natural" and "Clear" liquid foundation.

I bought 5 items from Laneige during the isetan private sale:

1. Star white eye spot ($68.00) - After trying for 2 days, i would highly recommend it! My puffy eyes see reduction and dark eye circle is lighter. Haaaa....haaaaaa......

2. Pore Clear Mint Pack ($39.00). Excellent too! After using and during peel off, can see it remove most of the blackheads gone from my T-zone area. But in order to peel off easily, must apply generously on the face. First time, i tried and apply only a thin film over then during peel off, a bit messy as the entire mask did not come off as one whole piece. Second time, i put more, the whole mask came off easily.
happy.gif

3. Lip pencil ($24.00) - moisturizing but not lasting. Comes with a refillable.

4. Magic Lightening gel ($25.00) - supposed to get a concealer but the salesgirl recommended me this so i thought give it a try.

5. Clear Liquid Foundation ($43.00) - Nice matt finish.

I joined their member and got a range of freebies which i forgot to ask how to use.
sad.gif
Guess have to go back to wisma again.

Hi D.O.G,

Yup! I also thinking anyone going to Korea soon. It is so much cheaper there.

brambles

hi diamond42... thanks. just got to know that their latest liquid foundation is not scented but smells good naturally cuz of one of the ingredients used
happy.gif

hi ladies... do u all know how much cheaper is laneige in korea as compared to spore?

aquarius_888

hi caratsoup

sorry for the late reply as i did not come in to this thread. the lipgloss is $27 and I personally find that the strawberry yogurt mask is good. Actually I find all their products smell good.
happy.gif

diamond42

Hi Laneige fans,

I came across this beauty forum and the gals at this particular thread were all excited by this shop in Bugis named THE FACE SHOP. From the thread, i gathered that THE FACE SHOP also have Yogurt mask pack. And there is another shop in Bugis also named THE MISSHA. Heard a lot of good comments about the yogurt mask too!

I have just started a thread here to check out these two shops. Can try out alternatives. :D

But i would like to say "GO for Laneige liquid foundation! It is good!"
happy.gif
happy.gif

aquarius_888

Thanks Diamond! Btw I just bought Kose Black Mask and I must say it is really good. Can see that the face is smoother and cleaner after use.

diamond42

Anyone know how to use the following products from Laneige? Pls teach me....

1. Eye Designer Cream
2. Pore Tightening Essence
3. Arrange Skin Refiner 2
4. Water Bank Essence
5. City Protect Essence

sunny

hi
anyone use the pore tighening essence and find it good? i am very interested to try.

have tried the wsp n strawberry yogurt. prefer the wsp and will definitely get it. if can get from korea better still, is 50% off !!

brambles

hi diamond42, from wat i rem... the water bank essence is supposed to use after toner and before moisturiser. it's supposed to help prepare ur skin to absorb the moisturiser better. but wif the wide range of products that u hv... think it's best that u check with the lady at the counter on the correct sequence
happy.gif

elmobb

Hi Sunny,

what products u interested in ? Currently i'm using the star white series....hmmm...been using Laneige for less than a mth but can feel that my skin is really firmer & suppler...i also dun get peeling nose everyday liao (haha..my nose used to peel everyday...dunno y even though i got combination skin !)...all their pdts quite nice except i dun find their cleansing milk gd...dunno abt the cleansing oil though cos i have not tried.

btw, gals...while i was trying out Fancl n Laneige (i got samples from Fancl), i find this combination great...tat is Fancl Fenatty washing powder but using Laneige Clear-C effector n star white skin refiner, essence n emulsion....

elmobb

Hi aquaries, how abt you ? how long have u been using Laneige ? any difference...u using the range for combination skin right ?

sunny

elmobb
i want to try the pore tightening essence, eye spot and the cleansing oil. the sales gal told me the oil is better than the cleansing milk, duno how true lo. def getting the WSP and strawberry yogurt.

the Clear-C effector n star white skin refiner is for what purpose?

elmobb

hi sunny, the WSP n strawberry yogurt defintely good....now using the eye spot...seems to hide my eyebags n dark eye ring not so obvious
happy.gif

Clear-C effector is a booster so that the skin can absorb the next skincare u apply so its used before the refiner (toner) n emulsion (moisturiser)....star white skin refiner is their toner for the star white series...

aquarius_888

hi elmobb

I only started using 2 months ago...can see some difference definitely.
happy.gif
I am using the cleanse, Clear-C (my fav), WSP, Strawberry Yogurt.

diamond42

Hi Sunny,

Did the SA tell you that for combination skin, we cannot use cleansing oil but to use cleansing milk?

Hi elmobb,

Yup! I agreed! AFter using the eye spot, my dark eye ring seem not to be so obvious.
happy.gif

elmobb

hi aquaries, yup agree that can see some improvement in the skin...clear-c is gd rite
happy.gif
y is cleanising milk too oily for you...yours is combination skin rite ? you dun seem to have oily skin when i met you leh....btw i had sample for the cleansing milk when i bought clear-c...it's not oily after double cleansing with the cleanser as compared to other cleansing milk.

diamond...yup..the eye spot is definitely a good buy !

gals, after trying the waterbank essence sample find it really good...anyone bought it ??? any idea how much it cost n when to apply since i alr using the toner, star white essence n the moisturiser...

diamond42

Hi aquarius,

You can try dermalogical make-up remover. It is gel form and i have been using it till now becos i want to try out laneige It is expensive as of all dermalogical products. But it works very well and definitely no problem at all.

Hi elmobb,

I tried the following:

1. Eye Designer Cream
2. Pore Tightening Essence
3. Arrange Skin Refiner 2
4. Water Bank Essence
5. City Protect Essence

I very stupid - did not know that the skin refiner is the toner so i went to Bugis and asked the SA. And she was looking at me in a weird way after i asked her which is the toner. So paisay!
sad.gif

I was told by the SA in Wisma that we should apply the skin refiner (toner), followed by essence and then moisturizer.

Yup! Yup! The waterbank essence is excellent! Just one try on my face and i can felt the difference immediately! I think it's rather expensive for this particular product if you compared to their other products. More expensive than the eye spot if i don;t recall wrongly.

Which moisturiser are u using?

aquarius_888

Hi elmo ya me combination skin and yes I love the clear C.
happy.gif
There was one period of time my skin got bad breakout...that was when I tried many cleansing cream, lotion...all cannot...until I tried waterbased cleanser.
happy.gif

Thanks diamond for the recommendation. Wow the water bank essence sounds good. I have the sample but havent try using yet.

caratsoup

Hi Diamond42,
How much is the water bank essence?? I think it's expensive becos its a serum?? By the way, how's the foundation?? Does it oxidise and does it stay matte all day??

What's Clear-C?

diamond42

Hi Carat soup,

The water bank essence cost $69.00. Was advertised in Magazine U. I bought it just to read on the page on Laneige.
happy.gif

The foundation is very natural. Its stay matt all day. No...i don't see it oxidise.
happy.gif

diamond42

Hi carat soup,

Clear C is a skin booster containing 30% Acerola extract which is nature’s richest source of Vitamin C. Vitamin C, a powerful anti-oxidant rejuvenates tired, stressed skin and promotes translucency and radiance, it also promotes the effect of other products by arranging skin condition for nutrients to be absorbed thoroughly. High concentration of Acerola extracts also prevents the formation of keratin to effectively maintain the feeling of clean, clear and fresh feeling skin.

You can check out Laneige website:

http://www.laneige.com.sg/

caratsoup

Elmobb,

Are you under stress? I had breakout around my chin area before my wedding. They just keep popping out one after another. After the wedding, they just cleared up....

diamond42

Hi carat and elmobb,

According to the skin analysis done for me by leonard drake, breakout at chin area is due to digestive problems.
happy.gif
Drink a lot of water!

brambles

hi diamond42, u bought the pore tightening essence rite? how do u find it? and hv u tried the pore clear mint pack b4?

and wat's arrange skin refiner 2? and city protect essence?

elmobb

caratsoup,diamond....yup...under alot of stress recently n when i'm stress up i get digestive problem...hahah...mayb tat explains the breakout on the chin area....damn jia lat leh...
sad.gif

Brambles...skin refiner is actually toner...for Laneige, they call toner - skin refiner, and moisturiser - skin emulsion. Btw, i got Clear-C effector at $53...

aquarius_888

hi elmobb

the brand I using now not selling anymore at Lee Hwa. My hubby threw the empty bottle away and I really cannot recall the name. But skylar told me that Fancl mild oil cleanser is good so I will be giving it a try. Btw I also bought the kose seikkei lotion...quite good. now promo price.

whiteveil

Hi gals,

managed to get a WSP sample yesterday from Wisma...quite pleased with my complexion this morning...my face became softer and more supple!
happy.gif

spagal

hi ladies..need your help in this urgently! Previously i used skin care from my salon, didnt know it contains mild acid and caused my skin to breakout badly. After that, i tried the whole set of dermalogica..initally it sort of healed, and after that, the breakouts appeared again!!! so traumatised now..am at a loss on what to apply now.i went for consultantation with my beautian and she even claims that dermalogica will not cause breakout. but apparantly it is not suitable for my skin.
Can anyone advise? My skin is oily, dehydrated and sensitive skin..will i be able to use laneige after reading all the good reviews..
Thanks alot!

diamond42

Hi Spagal,

I think you should first stopped trying out new products first and get the problem solved.

Your beautican is right! Dermalogical products will never cause breakouts because i have been using this brand for many years and all it does is help to prevent breakouts. Your beautican should be able to help you to calm your sensitive skin first.

Next, then she should be able to help you resolve your breakouts also helping you on your dehydration areas.

Even though laneige have a lot of good reviews, but that doesn't promise it will solve the underlying problems you have now.

Is your beautican with Leonard Drake? How long have you been with her? If she is with LD, then you have to trust her. My friend who have very problematic acne skin went to LD for treatment and after 10 treatments, her face clear up totally.

I never dare to trust other salon except LD because that is the one and only one that i have no problem with.
happy.gif

diamond42

Hi gals,

Here is the face mapping analysis provided by LD.

289661.jpg

Zone 1 & 3
Traditionally, this zone is regarded as the “sister” to the bladder and digestive system. If you breakout frequently in this area, it might meant that you need to improve your elimination by drinking more water and eating more “whole” foods.

Zone 2
The middle of the forehead between the eyebrows is related to the liver. Congestion in this zone can indicate over consumption of alcohol, rich foods, and possible a food allergy (such as lactose intolerance).

Zone 4 & 10
The ears are a highly sensitive area related to the kidneys. If you notice your ears are very hot, you might be stressing them out – drink plenty of plain water and cut down on caffeine and alcohol.

Zone 5 & 9
The cheeks often give an accurate glimpse into any respiratory distress. Smokers or people suffering from allergies generally experience fine, broken capillaries or congestion in this area.

Zone 6 & 8
The eyes are truly a window to the body’s health because they’re related to the kidneys. Dark circles, while hereditary, are made worse by dehydration and poor elimination.

Zone 7
A reddened nose can indicate heightened blood pressure or the early stages of rosacea. Congestion around the upper lip can occur if you use comedogenic lipsticks or liners.

Zone 11 & 13
If you’ve had extensive dental surgery done, you might notice a breakout in the jaws near the ears.

Zone 12
Breakouts or unusual hair growth can indicate hormonal imbalance, possibly caused by extreme stress. Premenstrual breakouts are also very common on the chin.

Zone 14
Don’t forget to include your neck in your treatment regimen – its skin is just as fragile as that on your face, so it definitely needs the benefits of moisturization and sun protection.