Kuan Yin Temple at Waterloo Street.

praisey

you want to know how to get free flowers for bathing or how much are the incense per pack? Or how many beggars there are from sydnicates? Or anyone here to share with you on successful stories after praying there? So farnie....

praisey

all pple ask guan yi to po-pi their well-being and peace. they all got it. dun ask for 4d/ hardly gets it.

lonelygal

Hi, anyone knows the SOP for praying to "TAI SUI"? It's said that my "sheng xiao" "fan tai sui" this year. But, my sheng xiao seems to offend him EVERY YEAR.... Anyway, pardon my ignorance as I'm not a Buddhist and I've never step into a temple b4. Pls advice on the venue and SOP. Thanx.

alcifertoh

Actually to pray Tai Sui, you can just walk into most temples and they do have that service. you just need to buy the joss paper and incense and most of the time the temple will assign a guy stationed at the altar there to assist you with the praying and chanting.

I always go to the temple beside yio chu kang community center for the praying.

But to pray to Tai sui, you have to do it within the lunar new year month if I am not wrong. You can start to pray after the 4th day of cny until the 15th day or end of the lunar month this I cannot recall.

At the end of the lunar year, you will have to go back to pray again to thank tai sui. As above, the temple will assign someone for you and assist you in the praying.

Alternatively wise, like me and my friends always suggest, can jio him out for a meal to ask him how come everytime we always bo dai bo chi fan him and ask him to be steady abit after the meal suah suah ker hahaha

giantemu

æ‹œå¤ªå² - for me, i go to åŒæž—寺at Toa Payoh, there where you buy joss sticks, tell the uncle you want to 拜太å², pay 2 bucks to buy a package of joss sticks and gim zhua...go pray, ask for blessings, etc, put joss sticks and thereafter 添香油, then burn the gim zhua...

inspectorate

I USED TO regard going to temple and pray as being superstitious,unintellectual, low class and old fashion etc. But not anymore. In fact, I must say that Kuan Yin in waterloo street is amazingly accurate!I have been going there regularly for the past 2 years, praying and "cho qian". So far, cannot even remember a time when the prediction from her is false or inconsistent. Kuan Yin has also helped and advised me a lot in my marriage. Otherwise, things would be very very different. For those of you who knows me, you should know what i am talking about.

lyndy

yup i usually don't believe in this but 10 yrs ago after my 'A' levels, i had nothing better to do so i went down to the temple at waterloo st & asked about my 'love life'. at that time, no boyfriend . the 'qian' said i'll be meeting someone soon. and i did & he's now my husband.

bbbear

JUST IN CAse there are some ppl out there who are NOT buddhist, but takes this temple as a place to get a temporary fix or vision on their own future... pls give some additional thoughts on what you are doing.

i was pissed with a gf who baptised, den later had the guts to walk into Guan Yin Temple and ask for a divination lot. What the hell? Take Guan Yim for a fortune teller?

Hi Inspectorate

I am a buddhist, not very staunch, but faithful to my religion. i pray there almost every weekend or whenever im in bugis ~ for general peace in my life and my family's well being.

any way, to share my story, recently i was sending out resumes to get advancement in career... after a few weeks, I din get any calls. So at one of my praying visits, i prayed sincerely for me to get a new job. The following week, i received a total of 6-8 interview calls.
happy.gif

holiday_ger

i went there pray for my sis. The 'qian' says "Change Partner".

I din ask when she will change partner. maybe nxt time i go there i will ask.

long time nvr pass by there already.

sasakuan

hi, anyone to help me to interpret this 'qian'? im asking about love matter - is the guy im seeing now the one for me? Thanks.

第五å六籤-中籤。丑宮

æ¾—å°çŸ³ç²—æµæ°´éŸ¿
力勞æ’駕ææå‚·
路須指出å‰æ±ŸåŽ»
風éœæ½®å¹³å„˜ä¸å¦¨

ohstrawberry

Seems like not easy in the beginning but if you find a common direction with him, it'll be very smooth relationship.
2nd sentence says pushing too hard will cause damages. So this depends how you work out the relationship.
Good luck.

inspectorate

sasakuan,

From the qian, it seems that the guy is not the best option for you. It is a "middle" qian. if the guy is the best one for you, it should be a "good" qian. Based on my experience.

bbbear

sasakuan

actually sometimes we wun be able to u/stand the qian by ourselves. if u wan to go a step further, u cud just ask the ppl outside to 'jie qian' for you. i tink just pay them a token sum... they will explain for u.

jueline

Be careful though...when asking those ppl outside to 'jie qian'...my friend paid about $45 bucks more to one of these fellas after he convinced her that her that the qian is not good and he can help her pray.

We were puzzled when he lead us away from the Bugis Guan Yin temple and made her pray to a dunno what deity at one of the shops opposite the temple.

We finally decided that we were conned and we will never trust those ppl ever again!!!

momopo

i got good qian before n said something like on the surface it seems bad but when u break open the rock, u'll find jade in it.

but then the guy not with me anymore.
sad.gif

i asked for the qian 3 times n 3 times also good but now no news of my ex...

am with another guy already...

holiday_ger

"i got good qian before n said something like on the surface it seems bad but when u break open the rock, u'll find jade in it.

but then the guy not with me anymore.

i asked for the qian 3 times n 3 times also good but now no news of my ex...

am with another guy already..."

tink of it tis way...

u tink ur ex nt wif u anymore, so on the surface it's bad, but nw u found urself a better man, so good for u.

it's blessing in disguise!

holiday_ger

"may I know how to get the qian? do i need to pay to get anyone inside the temple explain the qian for me?"

u go inside the temple, there is a counter with lots of container. take 1 container and a pair of the 'bei' (a crescent shape thing). then go to the red carpet.

kneel down, in ur heart ask wat u want to knw, then throw the 'bei'. if one facing up and the other facing down, then u proceed to shake the container. otherwise rephrase ur question and throw the 'bei' again. until u get one of the 'bei' facing up and one facing down, u hv to repeat the process.

then u shake the container until one of the 'qian' drop out. then u throw the 'bei' again and ask if tis is the one. if one facing up and one facing down, then u may walk to the counter and show them ur 'qian'. otherwise, put the 'qian' back and repeat the process.

the counter ppl will give u a piece of pink color paper. if u can't read chinese, turn over there is english interpretation behind.

Good Luck!

inspectorate

Ger, you have explained very well.

Today, I was at the temple. There was this elder woman who needed help to interpret the qian. She asked one of the counter staffs and he just rattled something, leaving the woman unsatisfied. I approached the woman from behind and volunteered to interpret it for her. Initially, she seemed a bit hesitant but eventually she agreed and told me that if she should change job. From the qian, i explained to her that it is not advisable as it is a "bad". She was pleased and, to my surprise, she even asked me how much I charge. I quickly declined her offer and told her that I am merely doing someone a service. Haha...come to think of it...like that can also make money...

lonelygal

Hei Bee Hiam (alcifertoh) , 北æžç†Š (giantemu) : Hi, may I know can I still Bai Tai Sui any time from now? Is there any appropriate timing?

Also, does anyone knows abt "bu yun" (repair your luck) thing? I'm facing a lot of "xiao ren" and bad/unlucky things keep happening to me in my workplace. (I had experienced such a year which is 2 yrs ago) and I really got the phobia of all these things happening again to me. I just hope to spend the year peacfully.

alcifertoh

hmmmm regarding if you are still able to bai tai sui now I am unable to advise you as I am not too sure of that. Maybe you would like to find out from the temple people.

Bu yun I never heard that commonly before. I heard of Jie yun (borrow luck). It is to borrow the future good luck that you will have and once you follow, you enjoy in advance the luck you have in future.

Well I am having problems as well and got my geomancer to tabulate my liu nian (Readings for this year). Pending for his report not as he went outstation. Quite a Zun and professional guy if you like to I can share with you his contacts.

monkkss

hi all... i got a qian from the guan yin temple at bugis. she say me n my ex-bf is fated n will be together... the yue lao already tie the red knob on us but is entangle so will have many quarrels.. but its a good qian. saying we will patch. but my ex-bf so cruel to me... not even bother me or treat me as someone... how could it be possible? he seem to hate me so much... i'm gng crazy... last time i ask for qian... she oso say me n my bf will be very gd yet oso break..

inspectorate

Jerlynn

Not too sure if you are aware that 1) you cannot ask the same question twice. Only the first answer can be taken seriously.2) When you asked, you must be very sincere and not go there to "test test" else. The attitude matters a lot. 3) It is always good to donate voluntarily irregardless of the amt, before you ask a question. Anyway, when a qian is good, it doesn't have to take effect immediately.

monkkss

hi inspectorate... thankz for ur advice.. i ask diff question n nv ask at same time.. quite some time apart. hee.. i think im very sincere and serious in asking. i did donate $$ but is after i got the qian. hee.. but anyway... even the qian is true.. i think i will nv give my bf a chance le. i dun blame or hate him but he is too much. lol

wishin

very vague...so you didnt get interpreter or ask someone help u with it?>Kessie

mabbe you left company thats why gd?hmmm...>pro

wishin

not dependent...its just kinda curious about this little piece of qian which seems to be able to answer the question I asked..but don't know how true it is though.

blue_diamond

i guess to say that if it accurate anot, it really subjective. Cos we at times will see the micro view, while what happen to the macro view will only be seen by us after some years later.

From my own exprience, it has always been quite accurate as well.But there are also some steps to follow when asking as well. The lots we draw will have a deeper meaning that we thought. Some may seem good but there are hidden challenge to it( that y the lots are divided to so many sections if you realise it).

I guess it up to each indivdual to what they want and how they want to percieve as well. I personally will take the lot as a guide, continue to do my best n make the most rational decision. The lot will purely help me to strengthen my confidence in what path i want to take.

Just my 2 cts worth.

kessie83

Nah.. i don approach those old man who interpret Qian, esp those sitting outside the temple.
There was once an old man wanna con me. Ask me for $10 to buy some offerings to go to one of the flat beside the temple at waterloo str..to pray tai shui..I was only 14yrs old then. $10 is my one week pocket money lo... so i ran away when the old man is trying to lead me to his flat. Luckily i ran away. If i really believe those Qian, maybe i alrdy been raped liao..

So i rather i believe in myself. If i really wanna interpret, then i read those book in the temple..

kessie83

if those qian tell me to shift my ancestor tomb, do u think i will realli go back and shift? i don believe lo..

chelsea_tan

hi,

as for me, i do pray to goddess of mercy since young. I do think that it's quite accurate but it's still up to the individual to believe.I personally pray for a qian when I encountered problems in my marriage . The qian does helped me to strengthen my confidence and advice me not to make hasty decision.

one of my girfriend who is having an affair with her boss did went down to pray for a qian too. The qian interprets that this relationship will lead her nowhere but will brings her fear and heartache.

I guess it's still up to individual to believe and for me to share.

alcifertoh

I would say interpretation is subjective.

It's more like how you relate it to your case.

Very much like horoscope readings for the day.

blue_diamond

i will say that interpretation really matter in those case.Fully agree that how we are able to relate it back to each of our case.

In fact u will need a good understanding about chinese history to interprete it.
happy.gif

blueberrytea

this temple, and the goddness of mercy temple at balestier road, both are very accurate.

although people says, each 'qian' only last for 3 months. But then, the one i got at the balestier road, lasted for about 4 to 5 years.
I was asking about my future, about entering the course i was going to take in the polytechnic.
And yes. it was 100% accurate.

This year i asked about my career at the waterloo temple. Also accurate. Can even tell me, I'm scared of quitting as I don't know what will happen next after quit.

I didn't ask anyone to interpret for me. I always interpret them myself.
coz i love to read those poems and to analyse them.
So far, accurate for me.

blue_diamond

Hi Sotong,

totally agree with u....knew about the balestier as well as i am staying around the same area.

Like u mentioned, i like to interpret the lots as well...just to better relate it to my own. In fact was interpreting for my wife the, and 1 auntie just ask me to do it for her....so funny...hehehe

blueberrytea

yea. actually, very simple to interpret one.
it's more like, "you get what you see. "

Unlike the HK's Wong Tai Sin temple. Everytime i get a qian there, it's almost way off what i intrepret. Always need someone to interpret for me.