KTV girls n songs

infojunkie

oh the age of innocence again...

think tis the 2nd time she mention abt this book... i think from her pov, the protagonist is the wife not newland archer :p

soisuka

I don't believe in eternal love that will lasts and lasts...I do believe love changes over the years... they take on a different flavour if you will. But love in a relationship if u want it to last, needs to be sustain, so I suppose its daily commitment to choose to love.

I'm not gonna cite fiction...fiction is just fiction, what happens in books and movies isn't always representative of real life.I am very aware of the difference between what is fantasy and real.

What I mean by fake is when someone enters into a relationship out of loneliness, status quo, sex, money.... You know what they say, a woman can fake orgasms, but men can fake an entire relationship.

Although having said that, fake love sometimes can become real love.

infojunkie

"woman can fake orgasms, but men can fake an entire relationship'

i think both genders r capable of faking an entire relatioship...

women r no angels too
happy.gif

simpleman

In older days, couples married first.. then try to find love. You think it is fake? Love still can be nurtured..

I don't think you can have a commitment to choose to love. You either love or don't love and many couples in longer relationship - it is somewhere in between. That is why people always ask themselves if they love enough.

But you can have a commitment to make the relationship work or you can decide it is too tiresome to work on the relationship. When a couple separates it does not mean the love will end. And sometimes love itself cannot sustain a relationship as much as I want to believe it can.

soisuka

Yes you can... u said it yourself

"In older days, couples married first.. then try to find love. You think it is fake? Love still can be nurtured.. "

If you can nurture love for a complete stranger, why can't u nurture it for a spouse u no longer love

sgbabydoll

"I'm not gonna cite fiction...fiction is just fiction"

May I say that though the book was fictional, it was very well-received even by critics and earned the author a prize (Pulitzer Prize) as it reflected how the upper-class in US lived in that era of time.

simpleman

Yes, I believe love can be nurtured.. it is whether we want to or not.

There are reasons why people prefer to "nurture love" with complete strangers rather than people they know too well. A lot of people cannot let go baggages - and that is the reason why.

soisuka

ah...there we go, so you can choose to love. I agree, emotional baggage can be unbearable weight to bear. I guess we all need to learn to let go of them

soisuka

Yeah Junkie, I read that before, in fact its my favorite book, I quite identify with the female character actually.

Since we're on the topic of books, can I recommend this 'Delirium', its about a society where love is deemed a disease and a 'cure' has been developed so people don't love but are instead match make by the state.

soisuka

I didn't watch the movie, movies tend to lose the essence of the book.

Huh so junkie, you have a franz and tomas in your life?

simpleman

For sure the original books are great. But film adaptations are worth watching if it was done nicely - the interpretation and emphasis could be different.

Sometimes it may give you a different perspective.

But modern fiction are mostly crappy - good ones are far and few in between.

soisuka

Very rarely do the movies stay true to the books, Cider House Rules, My sister's keeper, Yaya of sisterhood, the movies were all crap. Although I have to say Fight Club is exactly the same as the book and the movie is better. Dangerous Liaisons (the Michelle Pfeiffer version) was really good too.

mum_of_2_girls

Hi,

Any advice for me whose hubby is in the DANGER zone?

My hubby discussed with me the girls that he thought are beautiful. When I looked at the pictures of these girls, there are traces of me in them. Why does he act this way?

Some kind soul, please enlighten me.
From puzzled Albee

soisuka

Albee, I dunno why la...but I feel you're not in a danger zone....pls don't read too much into what we say here.... Enjoy ur lovely marriage

susanna_low

I think Sista albee is trying to tell us that she probably look like the beautiful gals in the pictures?

Sista, better for him to see babes than hunks..Dun let ur imagination run wild again..

powder

albee,

good question (the one u asked earlier), except the one abt going back to be adventurous with wife... tat sounds like a 'replacement job' to me so i shan't comment on that aspect. as for how i feel towards the girls there... i'm pretty neutral, maybe becos it is so accessible to me that it's no longer an exciting forbidden fruit.

anyway i'm lucky... my genetic makeup abit different... my sexual attraction functions abt 10% on looks/sexy dressing etc... it's just another nice car to me, doesn't mean i desire to drive the car.

powder

i wrote quite abit, but decided it'll screw with alot of girls' minds... i think it's better that ignorance stays that way... i dun think the sgbrides forummers are really ready for information... judging by the mentality around.

powder

i did, tat's why when i re-read, i worry abt opening a pandora's box... think the restmight be screwed... in this case ignorance and being naive is a good thing. msn me is better... butithink i shared some of the shady stuff with u before...