Korea

eugo

LiLi05,

Hope that you are able to see snow wor! I think now the temp there is below 0.. cold... ^^ hehee..

puppylove888

alynn
tink ur tour guide got problem...
hope not from HT

my tour guide brough onli join us the safari
and also play wif tat water ride (dun know call wat)
after tat is on our own liao

eugo

puppylove888,

The water ride is it the circular shape one? can sit 6 or 8 person?

Is it very crowded?

yodee

LiLi05,
no rain... but quite cold. I put moisturizer every morning n nite.. but when i came back.. my skin feels tough with little bumps.
sad.gif

Bring more money. There will be a photographer following ur tour group everyday. He will take photos of u at places that u can't take on ur own. (when u r skiing, making kimchi etc.) 17 photos in all. Each 5000 won. The photos cost me 40000 won. i chose and bought only 8 gd ones. Felt so bad when i returned the rest to him.. no choice.. got to cut cost... getting my hse next yr..

yodee

It is a lifetime experience to go to the 4th level of spa valley. U have to go without clothing. But once, u r in there, it is not as embarrassing as one will think. It is very natural. Many korean mums will be bathing and scrubbing themselves and their kids. Go for the scrapping... A LOT of dead skin will fall off u.. U will be in for a shock to see how dirty u r. The korean lady doing the scrub, kept saying "Very Dirty".

lili05

Eugo,

That time when we book, they gave us a date (latest date) to pay full pyt...so within the period any day can pay full pyt.

eugo

PuppyLove888,

Icic.. haha.. everytimes when reaching the small "waterfall" we always hope that our side is not near to that "waterfall" if not sure wet one! haha

eugo

Lee Yan,

I think Spa valley is one of the travel hotspot for Chan Brothers.. Hong Thai's 8 days tour one is Mt Sorak Waterpia

riushiki

Hi All
I'm going to Korea this Thursday. The weather report said it's going to be minus 10 deg ! :x

Normally you guys will wear how many layers ? :x

1st layer : Wool Thermal
2nd layer : normal long sleeve shirt?
3rd layer : fleece
4th layer : parka jacket / down jacket

izzit enough ? :x

ppp

Hi Riushiki,

I just back from Korea two week ago. The temperature is about -3 to -7 deg in Soeul. With all the layers that u mentioned is enough to keep u warm but gloves is also very important. When I was there, the coldest part of my body is my hand! so my advice to u is buy a good gloves and some heat pack! Heat pack really keep your hand warm!

eugo

Hi Riushiki,

For me is 3 layers:
1st layer: T-shirt
2nd layer: wool sweater
3rd layer: down jacket

Individual preference ba.. won't feel warm with i am in the indoor places.. like when you are having a meal or watever.. those indoor places will have heater.. so i will need to take off my jacket only. ^^

wyy

hi PPP,

which agency you signed up with? How is the tour guide and services? Do you enjoy yourself? where did you go?

I thinking of going Korea for my HM next year March. As whar Eugo has advised, I am thinking of SA and Dynasty.

eve21

Hi Eugo
I went HT paid my balance pymt. The lady did brief us on the trip but only a very simple one. I didn't quite like her leh... Keep asking us bring more $$ and when i ask abt the domestic flight to jeju... she say cannot confirm until that day when you got the boarding pass, they are having strike mah, they dun fly wat can you do, just have to wait lor!! Intinerary got to adjust lor... Wah Piangzzz!
angry.gif
angry.gif

When i ask on the no. of ppl in the tour, its 41 leh... all in 1 coach. I feedback to her so many ppl sure spend lots of time waiting for one another. Guess wat she say... "Sorry lor, the last time the tour I brought, got 15 childern. Those in family were always on time and its couples who were always late lor!!"
angry.gif

She says the tour guide will call us 1 or 2 days before the departure date.

eugo

Wong YY,

I will be travelling with HongThai in Jan.. will feedback to you too. ^^

By the way, Dynasty and SA Tour quite ex... if compare to the rest. Actually you can take a look at the various Tour Agency websites... b4 booking with HongThai...I am quite interested in CTC package.. cos got 1 day free & easy.. My colleague went to Korea under CTC.. she said not bad!

wyy

Eugo

isit.....okay i go see see look look CTC package. And oso pls feedback the service by HT. if possible get a namecard from the tour guide maybe is of use.

yesterday when I am searchin web for agency, I came across an old SB thread complaining abt SA travel tour guide for Europe tour. They were saying abt this tour guide, LL, who is not being very pro and one couple was made to run after the tour bus on the highway as a punishment cos they were always late for coach....walau...i see already oso scare to sign with SA......dun know which tour guide is going mad again.....

eugo

Wong YY,

haha.. this is part of the research lor.. hehee.. ^^

So far I don't have much bad experiences with korean tour guide

puppylove888

lili
they have soemthing to cover u during the ride
but still got some lobang
so cover urself hor else water kenna jean than freezy cold ...

lili05

I had tried SA tour 3x. I found that they are not very gd on china tour, the tour leaders are part-timers! But for the Europe ones, I had a wonderful trip. The tour leader not bad~

eugo

Eve,

Wah... such a big group ah?? I thot they said max is 25? hmm..i heard from other pple lah.. for other tour agency hor.. if the tour group is very big hor.. they will split into smaller group one leh.. maybe becos HT is not that rich ba.. wanna cut cost! haiz.

Yeah lor.. they got this attitude one.. I have problem talking to them wor! Now just hope that the tour guide there will be nice lor..

eugo

Wong YY,

I think have to depend on which tour agency they partner with in that country.. in SG is SA Tour but we go there is another tour agency that take care of us on behalf of SA Tour.

wyy

oic...thanks for info Eugo

BTW Eugo, you can add me as YY or wong...calling my name in full like you are shouting to me...me feel not comfortable leh.....(no offense)
happy.gif

eugo

YY,

sorry wor.. i din noe that..cos i normally address the pple here by the name indicated wor..hehee.. okie will call u YY lor.. ^^

lili05

YY,
I can only say tat my 2x with them to China was no gd...as to other country I only tried once, & its gd....so can't comment much on other tour.

wyy

i scare scare leh....

some say good some say no good.....maybe i really need to go for Dynasty cos they are quite fast in responding to my email....

other than that I will look at CTC....hmmmm...HT....maybe.......what is impt to me is the tour guide is to be pro-active and helpful.....but everything difficult to say until go there and see for yourself (i think)....hmmmm.....have to cont my search lor....

But please, Eugo....do feedback on HT....oso can feedback to me the $$ you spent in total cos need to set budget aside leh....

Walau...MARCH 06....a few months onli and I have to change my name from Miss to Mrs.....Urghhhh....

bluey

hi all,

can wear sport shoes to korea or need to have a pair of leather shoes??

me goin next week... so working on the list now....

thanks
happy.gif

eugo

YY,

No prob.. will feedback to you when i come back. ^^

Anyway.. for the expenses right.. have to depend whether you wanna buy clothings in Korea or not ba.. i think the season i am going is Winter.. so confirm the clothings will not be suitable in SG. Therefore..I might save some money on clothings and spend the money on food... etc.. A must try things are their street foods wor.. ^^ not forgetting those mentioned by Sinkor.. she mentioned abt the Baskin 31 Robbin Ice Cream.. and Red Mango Yoghurt! haha.. i think i will spend alot on food lor.. ^^

For HT... I think the package is cheaper becos mostly of the items are optional.. meaning that they din include in the package..if you want..you need to pay lor.. like ski equipment and suit.. gondola ride in Yong Pyong Ski Resort and Mt Sorak.. ^^

Hehee.. if you don't want pple to call you Mrs then you can opt for Ms.. hehee ^^

eugo

Bluey,

Bring more socks lor.. haha..
No lah.. wear track shoes more comfortable lor.. ^^
That time i bought sock made of wool.. to keep my feet warm wor. hehee. ^^

My departure date is 12th Jan 2006.. still got 3 weeks plus wor..

bluey

eugo,
ok ok....
i already bought my wool sock during the suntec midnight sale hehehehe

it is coming soon too...

eugo

bluey,

wow.. you managed to buy during the midnight sales ah? At Winter Time? What is the discount like? Storewide?

sinkor

Hi Eugo,

Glad that u still remember foods that i recommended! Remember hor.... also have to try ODEN, tokpokki hor! :D

puppylove888

and not forgetting the 30 cm tall ice cream at myeong dong
yum..yum....
imagine eating ice crean when snowing.....
high high.......
happy.gif

puppylove888

eugo
tis is wat i tot also
but in the end me buy lots of pants.....
top cannot buy go for bottom...haiz....
bo pien shoppin craze....

eugo

Sinkor,

Hehee...yeah lor.. i am interested in trying those food wor.. hehee..

Tokpokki is the rice cake in spicy sauce is it?

eugo

puppylove888,

Hehee.. at least you managed to buy something wor.. hopefully i am able to buy something nice too.. hey those stores at Migliore and Hello APM easier to bargain is it?

The 30cm long ice cream you tried it at Myeongdong?

lili05

In supermarket when u buy things they won't give u plastic bag right? How abt those shops like The Face shop, cosmetics shop, selling accessories, pants or bag shop? They also don't give?