Korea

eugo

Wong YY,

Shd be season change ba.. more or less so be Spring le... this year Cherry Blossom is on mid April... if u intend to go for Cherry Blossom and cool weather then shd be late march or early april ba.. i think so.. hehee.. you can check out this website http://www.tour2korea.com
Heard that the scenery very nice @ Jeju during Spring. ^^

eugo

LiLi05,

I think shd be okie.. but bring universal adapter in case some of their socket is rounded on. dunno how to say leh.. if ur adaptor's head is square one then can't go into their pins lor

eugo

WongYY,

Wow.. Trade Greece to Korea ah..

But if you really wanna go during Cherry Blossom.. then have to depend on your luck.. their dates for cherry blossom not fixed one wor.. If you are going on tour group then maybe you can check with the tour agency for the best date to go. ^^

lili05

Eugo,

Sorri, me sua gu...wat is universal plug? Isn't those with many colours with only 2 holes? As for my charger, I need to go back to check again.

eugo

LiLi05,

No prob! ^^ you can go to carrefour, coldwear, winter times.. they are selling them. got diff brands and types..

lili05

Eugo,
Regarding the plug, u said round & square is referring to the pin right? (2-pin) I had checked my charger, it's round shaped.

khoosm

Hi all!!

I touched down liao!!! Hahaha!! Temperature shock man!!! ^^ Sweating all the way while unpacking at home....a feeling that's not been felt over the past 10 days....had a nice time in korea even though it was cold, but i guess most singaporean will still like the weather compared to our HOT climate. Well, guess duno when i will go there again...probably 2 years later....now must start family planning liao....heehee...^^ Bon Voyage for those who are visiting there, heard it will get colder and colder....take care and enjoy! ^^ Merry Christmas in advance!

eugo

Hi bertbert,

Welcome back!!! yeah.. the weather there though is cold but its a wonderful experience lor.. cos singapore's weather only can be describe as HOT.

Weather getting colder ah? yeah... gd gd.. thanks!

lili05

Eugo,

ai yo, departure date is drawing near & I had not purchase the moisturizer yet....for body, normal lotion isn't ok? Wonder shld I buy those like versaline intense lotion or not?

eugo

LiLi05,

I think shd be okie ba.. i bought Johnson & Johnson one.. hehee.. buy those suitable to your skin type ba. But rem to bring that lotion in your hand-carry bag. Cos you can apply it while you are on the plane too. Cos cabin also quite dry. Then after you reach the Incheon Airport, you can apply it lor.. unless you wanna open your luggage in the airport. hehee..
rem to bring lip balm and face moisturizer ne!!

lili05

Eugo,

ya ya....lip balm & face moisturizer. Talk abt face moisturizer headache, I hv oily skin now donno what to use, my face sure grow pimples when I'm there! Thought of using the Olay moisturizer which my mum always use...haha!!

summersnow_ger

i also dunno wat type of face moisturiser i should use.. Lili05, which olay moisturises u talking about? Thanks.. i going korea on 21st Dec... cannot wait..

eugo

Lee Yan,

I think normal type you can find it at Watson or Guardian. If you wanna go for slightly expensive one maybe can try those skin care counter at those department stores like taka..isetan..ck tangs..

eugo

LiLi05,

You booked the 8 Days All In Korea?

PuppyLove888,

yeah lor.. all booked HT.. but not under the same tour group. haiz.. hehee

lili05

Eugo,

The olay I haven't used b4 leh...so donno suitable or not...
Ya, I booked the 8 days All In ~~ Ha....all same same.....

Lee Yan,

The olay moisturizer that i mentioned is a round container, outside indicate moisturizer....hee...can get it in watson...but I can't guarantee anything as myself haven't tried b4....

summersnow_ger

Hi Eugo & Lili05,

Thanks.. Wonder can i use my normal moisturiser from Fancl? Does it serve the same purpose? i thinking to get Laneige Water Sleeping Pack once i touched down at the airport? It should be cheaper than i buy in Sg, right? Heard from some where that the water sleeping pack is v hydrating. so i going to apply it when i in korea. Lili05, maybe u can consider buying this also.

So many pple booke the 8 days All in.. i booked the 7 day without jeju, kinda regret never include jeju now.. when u leaving for korea, lili05?
happy.gif

lili05

Hi Lee Yan,

As long as it's moisturiser shld be no prob hee...maybe apply more lor...U use Fancl? How's e product? Gd? It's fr Japan rite?? Is the product oily or not? Talking abt Laneige Water Sleeping Pack, wat a funny name ha! But donno everybody suitable to use?
I'm leaving 1 day after u ha!

summersnow_ger

Lili05,

Ya. i use fancl. The washing powder, toner n moisturiser is really good. It's from Japan. u can go to fancl shop to ask for the washing powder sample from the SA. It's suitable for all skin type. i have oily skin too. It's really good. I use Biotherm b4. But fancl is much better in controlling oil.

But 1 bad thing abt fancl pdt is that it will expire 2 mth after u open the product cos it does not contain preservative or 1 yr from the manufactured date if the pdt is left unopen. so kind of ex. But cannot save on skincare.. haha.. cos it concern abt face.. fancl at J8 will be having 20% sale on 17th Dec from 9pm onwards(midnite sale). so it might be a good chance if u wan to buy fancl pdt to try. Hope this helps.

puppylove888

print out those Laneige pic and bring to korea and compare the px
chg more wons hor....u will sure buy 1 yr suppply
happy.gif

actually Laneige consider mid-range in korea
there are many other local brand...onli thing is do u dare to try?
for me....why not...

summersnow_ger

hi puppylove888,

Can use credit card there? wat's the rate they charged for credit card? haha. i feel like changing more won. but scared cannot finish using. I onli changed 800SGD

eugo

Lee Yan,

I also read alot abt the Laneige Sleeping Pack.. but dunno is it nice or not.. I went to the counter @ Isetan Wisma.. like not much products on Laneige wor.

Currently I am using the Biotherm product.. so far so gd.. I tried Fancl b4.. but I think not suitable lor.. I am not used to the washing powder..cos after cleansing my face.. I feel its not clean.. hehee.. this is personal preference ba.. hehee..

I think you just need to bring the moisturizer you normally use one ba..

eugo

LiLi05,

Maybe you try your mum's one 1st lor.. best to try it 1st lor.. Face leh.. not body.. cannot hide one wor.

eugo

Hmm.. the face mask @ The Face Shop also not bad.. much more cheaper if you buy there.. In SG..I think 3 packs for $10.. In Korea... 1 pack 1000 won. ^^

lili05

Eugo,

Actually i got a bottle of the moisturizer with me now, initally want to buy for my mum....maybe i can try these few days to see...
The face shop I haven't been there b4....& nowdays there's so many brand of mask around....any recommendation? Thought of buying some in korea since it's so cheap....any any??

eugo

LiLi05,

Normally if I go Korea, I will buy the Face Mask from The Face Shop.. cos its much more cheaper to buy in Korea. Maybe you can buy one from The Face Shop outlet in SG and try it out 1st lor.

While I was in Korea, I will buy those Face Mask and put it on at night. But rem hor.. you can only put the Face Mask on your face for 20-30 mins. If put too long then the moisture on your skin will be absorbed.

wyy

Hello.....

EUGO....my FH agrees to my trade.....now i have to start looking for more Korea details.....

Any recommendation of any agency? Tour Package?

eugo

Wong YY,

Congrats wor! hehee..

Hmm.. my coming trip.. I booked under Hong Thai..

I travelled with SA Tour & Dynasty before.

For SA Tour & Dynasty... package quite ex.

Service wise
Dynasty not bad. Their Korean Tour Guide very nice..

SA Tour - Not bad.. but some tour guide seems to treat you nicer if you buy ginseng or whatever at those stores they brought you to lor

Hotel
Both not bad.. depending on your standard ba.. but I had a bad experience with SA Tour when we stayed at a hotel near Chuncheon.. the hotel is abt 3 to 4 star. For Dynasty, my last trip includes staying in a co-op residence... though its not a hotel but very nice.. and quite near to subway too! ^^
For hotel ratings - if they said 5-stars, you might want to ask them. The 5-stars is according to Korea's standard or international standard. If Korea's standard then need to minus 1 star.

Food
All the meals provided by Dynasty are korean foods.. For SA Tour I think one or two meals are Chinese food. Both quality about the same..

Take note: My last trip with SA Tour was Dec 2002, Dynasty Apr 2005. ^^

lili05

Eugo,

Oh...so mine no prob! yeah~~

the pix in the link u gave cannot see the other side, so i can't differentiate it btw mine..

eugo

Wong YY,

Forget to mention.. you need to know where you wanna go.. and which tour package suits you best. Like if you wanna go ski resort... you may wanna go to only Yong Pyong and not Phoenix Park Resort then you may wanna check out those tour agency that go to Yong Pyong lor..

Food wise.. I prefer 100% korean food lor.. cos in SG we always eat chinese food mah.. ^^

For hotel stay.. hmm.. depending on your preference lor.. if some tour agency provides condo-style or residence which quality is similar to hotel then can consider lor.. cos not hotel are of gd qualtiy mah.. but mostly i will prefer the hotel to be accessible to those shopping places ba.. eg. near subway.. cos its quite easy to travel by their subway system in Seoul. ^^

eugo

LiLi05,

I tink as long as your plug's head not square type then okie mah.. cos mine is the same as urs lor.. hehee.. or you wanna consult sinkor? she might be more familiar than me wor.. I rem I charged my camera battery at every hotel stay in Seoul and Jeonju leh.. for Cheju and ski resort shd be the same ba?