Korea

khoosm

hi puppylove888,

Wow! So nice,3X!!!^^ i only happen to experience it twice....the first time was in Ansan at night. The second one was the worst at Cheonlado. It was snowing heavily, on and off. The snow was so thick that it caused alot of problems for the traffic. Some schools even declared holiday due to the heavy snow. As a result we couldnt go anywhere but stay indoor as walking in deep snow was so hectic. Because of that we wasted one day over there...sigh...but nonetheless it was quite an extraodinary experience for me...haha! Hope when sinkor go there during Feb will still be snowing, temperatures is expected to drop further next month. ^^

eugo

puppylove888,

icic.. thanks! btw.. so the next day u extend ur stay in seoul right? so where they drop you off?
btw.. do you have the photo of the guesthouse?

khoosm

hi puppylove888,
I guess so, especially the news broadcast in korea mentioned that this year, there will be lots of snowing in many parts of korea in this winter season, and it will be like that.....on and off until mid-febuary. However, heavy snowing has caused alot of problems in some area, like the one in cheonlado(its the worst so far), people have to take big strides as snow are quite thick. Everytime after people had cleared the snow, it came again....Thus people over there complained about it actually, but secretly in my heart, i was 'um cheoing' hahahaha!!! The more the merrier...Weather forecast is about 85% correct so far. I was at Kangnam today and i could see some icy flooring...residue left by the snow which became ice on the ground. I hate that actually, cos i fell down twice as it was slippery....buttock still painful until now...bruise liao....however, for the past few days, it hasn't been snowing in seoul though....coldest time is in the morning and at night....DAMN freezing COLD!!! i couldnt feel anything on my face at all...too numb...hahaha!! Well going back to Singapore soon, guess I would sweat like mad....

puppylove888

eugo
they drop me off at incheon airport loh
than take bus from there to guesthouse
u have no choice as last nite ur stay is 5 min from airport
i have pic try to upload but file too big
wil try shrink than post here

puppylove888

this the toilet
333788.jpg

lush_queen

Hi everyone,
I just chance upon this thread and i am going to Korea tomorrow. Wish I knew of this thread earlier....so many useful info here.....still not too late.
Got a question about the electric socket. I know it is different from SIN. After buying the adaptor, do we still need a transformer? Cos korea is running on 220V and ours is 250V rite? Need to charge camera....

summersnow_ger

Hi,

Can i ask where to get face moisturiser? i got m lip balm, body lotion. is there any brand of face moisturiser to recommend for oily skin? Thanks!!

khoosm

Hi all,

Its freezing...really freezing here...now feet no feeling liao...jialat...^^ and also on sat night, the dialogue between the pilot and korean airways failed...heard it from the news when i was eating at the tent foodstall(pojangmacha)...called up Korean airlines....cant get through....does anybody know if the korean flights in Singapore is flying? Will try calling Incheon airport 2molo...so for those travelling on korean ailines...do call first to find out...just in case.

eugo

Puppylove888,

Thanks for the posting.. the place looks so clean and nice! Hope that I will be able to stay there for my next trip wor.. ^^

eugo

Puppylove888,

Forgot to ask you.. Did you managed to ski and take a cable car ride up to the Dragon Peak?

bluey

hi bertbert,
did u manage to call korean air to ask? I had checked the changi airport website... seems like there is still korean air flight arriving n departing.

i would be travelling by korean air... hopefully still got flight... if not dunno how wor... but i have not receive any call from the tour agency...so suppose to be fine ba....

lili05

Hi Puppylove888 & the rest,

Do u bring umbrella there? Is there any rain recently? Our tour guide asked us to bring along....

eugo

LiLi05,

Last time I went to Korea during winter... also rained wor.. now might be snowing also.. up to you lor.. hehee.. for me i will bring just in case lor

puppylove888

eugo
yup the guesthouse is one of the best I have stay
but must stay at 1st floor hor
2nd floor no gurantee haha as havan seen the room as fully booked
me no ski as vali tired and HT need to pay urself so bo hua I tink
but got took cable car up to the peak (12,000 wons u know)
up there is really freezing cold

puppylove888

lili
umbrealla?me 4get to bring
but I think if u bring also won't bring down
imagine wear so nice nice carry 1 umbrella piangz haha
anyway onli experience 1 day rain in lotte world
after rain next day snowing liao
happy.gif

iszit RAIN->SNOW?hmmm....

eugo

puppylove888,

icic.. hehee..

The view from the top nice right? Did the tour guide go up with you all?

khoosm

Hi all,

Korean government interferred and set a law to dismiss the strike. The law states that government has the power to settle issue by force if neccessary if strikes causes disastrous harm to korean economy.

According to them, only 30% of the international flights were abandoned as they intend to increase the percentage of abandon flights slowly. Since the governmet came in, they have to reshuffle the schedule of the pilots again as well as pilots must have at least 12 hours REST after the strike ends before their next flight.

Therefore, flights today will be back to normal asap according to schedule. The government forced them to resume 100% normality by 2molo!!! YEAH!!!! Can go back liao!!!! ^^^^^

eugo

bertbert,

wow..that's a gd news for those going to korea by korea air. thanks wor..

finally you can come back to sg le! congrats! but u dun feel like coming back rite? hehee..

lili05

hi eugo & puppylove888,

tks tks for e info~~
happy.gif

me also thinking tat now so cold & it's winter, if rain, drop down shld be snow instead of rain right....so not true?!? haha~~

12000won to go up to the dragon peak...wow ard S$19! to n fro right?

puppylove888

lili
12,000 won is to-and-fro lah
but after spendign few days in korea u will get use to the "big-amt" wons
will appreciate SIN dollars more after u back haha

puppylove888

eugo
the tour guide brough us to the cable car and ask us meet for dinner later
so far onli need to pay 1 lunch ourselves the package, which is at everland
happy.gif

puppylove888

lili
jeju nothing much to shop
island is famous for many rock,many wind and many woman
wat dun have in jeju is no police,no thievef and no door
the so-call orange is big but tink not much diff to our CNY orange
onli bought ling-zhi honey, heard not bad from my sister

eugo

puppylove888,

icic.. the dinner @ YongPyong nice?

Btw.. check with you hor.. the tour guide brought you all to the ginseng shop rite? got buy anything?

hmm.. that time u said the tour guide bring u all to extra places.. like? palaces?

puppylove888

eugo
yongpyong we eat BBQ pork
normal lah
ya my advise dun pay the extra 30,000 wons per pax for the seafood dinner before heading hanwah resort
personally tink not worth it

extra places nothing to shout abt lah
Extra places are dongdaemon and da changjin kimchi making/wearing traditional custom
onli

eugo

puppylove888,

icic.. thanks!!
you mean we can opt for seafood dinner but need to pay extra 30,000 at YongPyong ah?
Then what was the food provided at Hanwah?

hehee.. me always got this sickness after I came back from korea..... hehee.. i missed the winter sooooo much! cos you can have that kind of experience in SG. ^^

khoosm

Hi eugo and bluey,
Yeah, finally can come back 2molo on 1pm flight. ^^ Actually, either way also good for me lah. If can't come back, i get to stay another day in Korea to enjoy the FREEEZE. If come back, at least I can start clearing my desk with piles of work to finish before christmas eve deadline set by boss.

Well, it hasn't been snowing for quite some time liao...however, today's temperature is the coldest so far, even when there was sun at 12pm still freezing cos of the cold wind.

Another thing i learnt is that when during day time, if you can't see much of the sun (cloudy), then there is a chance that it will snow that day/night. If you can see sun, most likely there will not be snow. In fact Lili05 was right in a way, droplets of rain form snow in korea during winter while in singapore, its just raining. When rain is about to come in singapore, we wouldn't see too much of the sun also...

Anyway, I'm coming back liao...just hope the flight will be smooth and safe. Hopefully the pilots dun koon & cockup the flying off from incheon and landing in Singapore....I'm worried if the pilots had enough sleep after the strike. Hahaaha! So for brothers and sisters visiting korea soon, wish you guys have a great trip and may you enjoy snowing experience when you are there. ^^ checking out!

puppylove888

eugo
the seafood dinner was near hanwah resort
afternoon check in resort than enjoy hotspring + suana + etc
2030 than go seafood steamboat dinner
dinner is included in package
but if u wan eat more seafood + 30+++ dishes need pay extra 30,000 wons

yongpyong ski resort dinner is BBQ pork lah

dun mix-up leh
happy.gif

anyway u go there u know liao lah

eugo

Hi puppylove888,

Yeah lah.. blur le.. cos u wrote "ya my advise dun pay the extra 30,000 wons per pax for the seafood dinner before heading hanwah resort
personally tink not worth it" i dun understand mah.. hehee.. okie lor thanks!

puppylove888

Lili
2030=1930 SG time still alrite lah
anyway in winter me dun feel hungry at all,dun know why
happy.gif

back SG always feel muching something

eugo

LiLi05,

icic.. next week lor...hohoho...you will be celebrating X'mas in Korea. ^^ Is this the 1st time you going? Enjoy your trip ne...

lili05

Eugo,

ya ya...nx wk...My 1st time going korea! Donno can tahan the coldness or not!
I would like to check abt their socket,(need to charge my camera) so we need to buy the 220V plug inorder to use our electrical items?

eugo

LiLi05,

If your camera charger socket is 2-pin then shd be okie mah. I can't rem whether did I use my universal plug.. but i rem I did charged my camera's batt at every hotel wor. hehee..

wyy

hello

I am thinking of gg Korea after my banquet which is 25 March 2006....can advise what is expected? Is scenery nice? Romatic? Weater cold?