mr park vali nice man and i love the room
thks for the recommendation
shopping at erwa and munjeong are nice
ok now heading dongdaemun continue conquering the remaining 15 shoppin building

puppylove888

ya 4get abt to mention little myeong dong at sungshin woman uni subway
vali nice to bargain there
got 1 shop sellin all kind of boot for onli 20,000 won
whr in singapore can get this kind of px in singapore....

now i realised korea is not so expensive to stay as long u do ur homework well
so far cheapest bimbibak i found is 3000 wons in myeong dong (dun understand why got 1 famous one selling 9000 wons in myeong dong)
nice and full
happy.gif

sinkor

hi puppylove!

wow! so glad that you are enjoying your stay in Korea esp the guesthouse.....:D so much explore more huh! remember buy seaweeds back hor! :D

Cheers

eugo

PuppyLove888,

Wow.. big snow.. can make snow man le wor.. I think by now u shd have conquered the 15 shopping malls at dongdaemum le ba!

You got the newly renovated one right? Hope that I will be able to stay there for my next next trip! hehee..

How's the weather like? everyday below 0?

puppylove888

eugo
everyday is below 0 now
no wind still can tahan
if got wind feel like being blown away

so u cfm the extended stay?
doota is waste of time
all fixed price no bargain at all,can skip as u can find similar item at hello apm or maligore
their super super AAA imitation is really like real stuff, cannot even tell and they have serial number some more

puppylove888

sinkor
me bought 2kg of kimchi at da chang jin place whr making kimchi
happy.gif

seaweed?of cos i bought liao...love the wasabi favour wan ...oh ya chilly chocolate also nice nice
cannot imagine winter also got so much ting to buy
now luggage super packed liao

are u in the photo album of the guesthouse?

puppylove888

ya eugo...dun buy hat or scarf in singapore
korea so many kind of design over here and price is not expensive
if u going to buy pant/jacket try myeong dong clothing (name of shop)
vali reasonable price too

the korean tour guide from hong thai vali good and helpful
hope u get the same one
her name is LINDA

eugo

PuppyLove888,

Nope.. I din extend wor.

Btw.. u will be back soon rite? How's the trip? Any change in the schedule? 1st day when u reach Incheon Airport...u are transferred to Gimpo Airport to Jeju?

U mean the AAA imitation is available at Hello apm and miligore? wah..

hey what is that chilly chocolate? where to buy that?

yodee

Eugo...
Hong Thai's tipping is not so high afterall.. Chan Bros is 3500 won per day. After reading that HT's tip is 40000 won for 8 days, and i got to give 42000 won for 7 days. (i am going there this thursday) Kinda sad. :p Anyway, i am really excited abt going to korea. So nothing is going to dampen my mood.
Actually, after reading about the guesthouse, i am really keen to extend my stay. So, will there be any incurring charge for the change of departure date? (if i stick to a weekday departure?) Will my tour agency allow?

eugo

alynn,

Dynasty's tippings is USD 4 per day wor.. then we only stay there for 4 nights and we only stay there for 5 nights so we paid USD 20 for 6 days 5 nights trip wor.

HT is definitely the highest... but those pple who just came back from Korea with HT said that the tour guide very nice wor... so maybe that's the reason why it is so ex ba.

sinkor

Hi puppylove,

Really nice to hear that you have bought many things back to Korea! haha.... Oh..nono...I am not the person in the album bcos I didnt stay there before bcos normally i stayed at in-law house. This guesthouse is recommended by my friend...
happy.gif

Must Enjoy huh! heehee..... and remember eat RED MANGO Yorgurt hor!!!

Cheers

yodee

Hi puppylove,

so far, how's ur stay in korea?
just to check wif u, are there any more room vacancies at the Myeong Dong Guest House? Can I make my reservation there when i reach Korea?

lili05

Hihi,
I'm going to korea on 22 Dec, would like to know whether the gloves there are cheap or not? What type of gloves u all are wearing?
Actually i already hv 2 gloves, one is those type like knitted/cotton type. The other one is leather which I bought in china (not real leather)But seems like not fitting & uncomfortable lor, (haven't use b4)....
so now thought of buying another one...but don't feel like spending so much to get the real leather...but then the salesgirl said real leather & those ski gloves then can keep warm for weather under 0 degree!
Any advise from those who had went to korea?
Tks so much!!

khoosm

hi lili05,
there are so many shops selling gloves over there, various designs and prices, i'm sure you can get one which fits your liking with minimum cost. Just got a pair as a present from my mother-in-law, leather one and it cost about $10. Or either that you can borrow from friends who has it.
happy.gif

mooniiie

hi puppylove888,

how can you tell which are the shops that sell imitation stuff?
ask around or anyhow walk into a shop and ask if they sell?

or does any of you gals know?

mooniiie

hi EuGo,

which shop is it?
how do we recognize if we are to shop on our own?

do they sell imitation watches?? hehehe

puppylove888

mooniiie
most shops, or i would said 100% of shop, selling imitation stuff
goods display are onli grade b or c
ask the sales for triple triple A stuff
dun go DOOTA (price is high and cannot neg some more)
try miligore (building next to DOOTA)

puppylove888

ya if u intend to buy imitation bag go to DFS in changi airport
take not of design,color(inside and outside and the thread color/design),etc
their triple triple A is reallyu cannot tell,even got serial number some more

I suspect those selling "so-call 1st hand geniune branded bag" last yr on the net at super discount px is all triple triple A class item.
Above just my 2 cents worth.Dun flammed me hor
happy.gif

eugo

Hi Puppylove888,

Welcome back to SINGAPORE!!! hehee.. how's your trip? Any change in schedule for HT?

eugo

mooniiie,

The one I went not bad lor.. that guy very friendly.. I think that shop only sells wallets... Its at the handbags level.. hmm.. that is the only shop we approached becos the sales person is the most friendly one. ^^

sinkor

Hi puppulove,

welcome back! haha.... now in singapore sian hor? haha.......

oh ya, my hb said before, some korean even bring the grade AAA goods to the GUNIUNE brand boutique for servicing and the staffs still service as they also cant see it is fake! haha....

Cheers

khoosm

Hi all,
Just heard from the news in Korea yesterday. The pilots went on strikes, so wouldnt know when it will end. So there will be no inbound and outbound of korea airways & asiana ailines until strike is over. So for members going there or coming back these few days on korean ailines please take note. ^^

sinkor

ya...i think only Korean Air lah! Few months ago is Asiana air but settled liao. now is Korean air only...... even the Korean also cant tahan their korean pilots, seem love to be on strikes to bring down their country economy.....

eugo

mooniiie,

no probs.

Yeah... strike cos the pilots want salary increment of a higher percentage.

khoosm

Hi all,

Paiseh, hehee....heard wrongly, its korean airline only. paiseh paiseh....

Anyway, hope it will be settled soon as i need my flight back soon. Aiyah actually, if strike go on longer also good for me lah, can stay in korea longer, hahaha!

Anyway, hope it will not affect too much for forum members going with korea airways. Apologise for my mistake once again...^^

sinkor

Bertbert,

haha.... then i pray hard for you lah! last time asiana strike and my hb also pray hard will stop plane but in the end still continue flying.... keke...

but for wat i know, last time on asiana case, those flight affected are dosmetic flight. As for Sin-Kor-Sin, didnt affect at all, so think shouldnt be any problems, so dun worry so much.
happy.gif

Cheers

khoosm

hi sinkor,
Aiyah, then i cannot stay in korea longer already, no reason to 'keng' from work. hahaha! Either way i would love it lah actually...I reckon that the strike should be over in a few days, otherwise their business will 'sun shi can zhong' leh...alot of things related to it will be affected badly too. ^^

puppylove888

eugo
HT got chg of schedule but all places are visited and is well-planned some more
ya some extra places are visited as well
happy.gif

more time at least at ski resort

puppylove888

sinkor
back in SG a bit sian, maybe bcos of weather
imagine me in korea is -9 and back to SIN is 30
so temp diff abt 40 deg diff....

eugo

puppylove888,

extra places? shopping areas? the tour guide brought you all there?

You went to the ski resort at night? More time at ski resort meaning? hehee.. got ski?

puppylove888

eugo
we reached ski resort abt 1400
happy.gif

so have all the time to fo sking and etc....

extra places nothing great but still worth the praise

puppylove888

bert
good....tink by the time u go temp will be chilly cold
hope u can see snow too
me saw 3X while i there
love the feeling when it started to snow......,watchin it to get heavier

eugo

puppylove888,

icic..then everland and lotte world? what is the duration? is it more than enuff time given for you to take your time to take those rides?

so the next day after ski resort, you all proceed to the hanwah resort?

hmm.. what are those extra places? palaces? hehee..

eugo

puppylove888,

wah... 3X u are sooo lucky.. hope i am lucky too... does it snow in Jan? cos last time i went during mid dec.. not snowing wor... but got snow on the ground lah..hehee

puppylove888

Eugo
the schdule was changed
everland and lotte world u will have enough time lah as not long queue
maybe bcos is wk day
happy.gif

we are in hanwah resort first b4 yongpyong
so u can see from hanwah we go mt sorak than proceed straight to ski resort....so reach earlier

nobody can guarantee dec or jan got snow (from the sky) or not lah
tis trip we are really lucky

eugo

puppylove888,

yeah that's what they mentioned wor.. your last hotel with the tour group is Incheon one ah?
How big is your tour group?

puppylove888

eugo
last hotel is best westren premier incheon
i think in term of new this is the newest liao
but super far
lucky reached hotel abt midnite as last stop is namdeamon and myeong dong for u to do last min shopping
my tour group total onli 16 peoples
happy.gif

small gp so no delay in any departures