Korea

nervous

Hi May,

Did you go on a guided tour? Mine is departing this Sunday. I'm a little nervous..Btw, did you enjoy the food there? Also is it very very cold

sorry to blastyou with so many questions

may

hi joanne, nope I did not catch snow falling. According to the guide, it snowed 2wks b4 my trip and the coach was stuck on its way to the resort cos visibility was low and snow was piling up on the road. Their journey was delayed until 12 hours later and all woman had to urinate in a bucket on the coach while all men go down to relieve themselves in the snowpile. So, actually snow fall is actually not a good thing. ( unless it is light).

I dun wear contacts nor glasses but my hubby does. He wore glasses for the first and last day of our trips and wore contacts for the rest. Bring eye drops cos the weather is very drying. ( like disposable REFRESH).

Also, bring PI PA GAO if possible, Will soothe your dry throats if you take them every nite b4 u sleep.

hi nervous, initially the weather was cold ( I am the type very scared of cold so I brought loads of sweaters) but after a while you body will adapt to the climate and you will get used to the cold. Just make sure you cover your neck , hands, ears and ankles in snow areas. U got ur gloves, scarfs, thick socks and wollen hats ready? u know in spore, I cannot tahan aircon at 24 celsius? I made my hubby keep the aircon at 25 celsius every nite and I still sleep wif my blankets on while he sometimes sleep topless.

Mine is fully guided, except for a 3 hr free n easy shopping time. I guess it would be difficult to travel unguided cos of the language barrier.

Food consists of jap rice, pork, fish, ( BBQ or boiled), ikan bilis, seaweed, eggs, cabbages, chili bean paste, pickled vegetables, kimchi, beanspouts, DONGFEN. Quite balanced and healthy diet. that's why their ladies all so fair-skinned.

Anyway, bring some emergencies like flu medicine and medicated oil in case u got motion sickness ( coach) or caught a cold.

I am sure you will enjoy yourselves.
happy.gif

may

oh yes I borrowed normal canon analog camera while my hubby brought his digital sony camera. I took 5 rolls while my hubby took ard 50 digital shots. Keep ur cam in case to prevent your battery from non-function due to the low temperature. IN case of emergency, bring extra batteries too ( due to the low temperature).

if u bring hairdryer, u can also blow dry your clothes/ jeans if you need to wash them due to soil stains at the mountain trails.

bring lozenges. Their mentos there more ex than in spore.

M

michell

Hi gals!

Im going for a Korea tour next year Feb 9. Can chk with all experience gals here, is it still snowing at that time?? i heard the tour agency told us its about -5 degrees....is it very cold?? sorry leh coz i never go snow city before...so dun know wat equipment i need?

My tour will go Mt.Sorak...Everland, Lotte World, Ginseng Ctr, Hotspring...etc etc...

For hotspring, do we have to naked go in? aiyah, very pai seh leh....dun have any rooms for couple meh?? can we request? for the massage, how much we have to pay ah? do i have to bring swimming wear there??

Can I wear spot shoes there, will it get wet??

Pls adv....all the experts.....
happy.gif

Thks for urs help!!

aquarius_888

Hi Michell

Met you here again
happy.gif

It should be very cold so remember to bring extra clothing. I went Korea for Honeymoon in November and the temperature at one time went down to about -3 and I already find it damn cold.

Your package is almost the same as mine. I booked with SA Tours and I find it quite reasonable. For myself, I got a scarf, glove and hat. These are quite cheap there and they have really nice scarfs.

For the hotspring, we went to the one near Mt Sorak and have to be naked. But not to worry, when you are there, you will see all the naked woman and it really doesnt matter anymore.
biggrin.gif
Think there's no "couple rooms"
biggrin.gif

If you want to swim, you can always bring swim wear there. And as for your shoes, you will have to leave it in a locker when you reach there before going into the hotspring area.

Hope these infos are helpful.
happy.gif
happy.gif

M

michell

Hi aquarius,

thnks for ur info...
happy.gif
aiyoh...then i'll c how lah when reach hotspring...i scare i pai seh leh..aiyoh...strange naked in front of ppl...hehe...
biggrin.gif

emm....i scare cold..thats why so worry lor...later reach there cant walk..hehe....
oh yes, wanna ask u something...the day we fly off frm SIN to Korea, do I have to wear the long john inside? (damn hot leh SIN)...but i scare when the time i reach Korea, its so cold there, i scare bei tahan lah..so how??

jojo

Michell - me going Korea too..
My friend in korea told me yesterday
that is -9 degree, damn cold..me also very
scare of cold one, but I think will not
wear long john until 45min before landing.
I will put inside my hand carry.

aquarius_888

hi michell

I think you can follow jojo. Only change when you are about to reached Seoul. Or infact you can change when you reached the airport and after the check out cos can find toilets at the airport easily.

About the hotspring, me also like you. Somemore I made friends with my tour member so kind of pai seh loh. But so funny, 2 of my tour friends are the first to strip and ran in to the hotspring. Before that they also complaining away. hahaha
lol.gif
lol.gif

You really must try the hotspring if not regret. Really very relaxing and shiok.
happy.gif

M

michell

hi jojo..

wa! -9 degrees ah...damn cold man!
i'll hand carry my winter clothes....err..i think should listen wat urs said, wear it before reach seoul.....
happy.gif
thanks!

hi aquarius,
emm..ok ok...i try to make friends with some of the tour member, so that wont be alone mah when in hot spring..hehe....
happy.gif
for naked, juz treat like seeing nothing lor hor? hehe.......
happy.gif

may

actually I did not wear my long john on my flight to seoul. Nor did I change at the airport. But all the sporeans were changing into their long johns at the incheon airport toilets. In the end, I waited so long for the cubicles to just pee until I was late to meet my tour guide.

once I stepped out of the airport, it was really cold but shiok as first time see white smoke from my mouth when I talked.

but I really see no need to wear long johns cos you will feel warm when you are in the coach or indoors as all indoor have heating systems.

Long Johns will come in useful during nighttime or snow time. I wear my bottom long john > often than my top long john.

Just make ensure you handcarry ur sweater/jackets. Layering is better than wearing one single thick clothing.

M

michell

hi may,

thanks for ur adv....emm..my colleague told me no need 2 wear long john on flight...coz damn hot wor.....

joanne

hi may
thanks for all the info... quite disappointed when u say that it isn;t snowing.. sigh.. i thot i can see snow.. i still want to pray hard that i can see them fallin ... real snow.. fallin..hheheh
guess what .. i already spent more than 800 dollars on winter wear.,,, sigh,,, too scare of cold.. so buy so many of them of good quality one... i still comtemplating whether should i get a digital camera... can take more pict.. or else got to spend alot on developing.. already spent 55 over dollars on film alone...

from what my friend told me.. can wear long john for the leg first.. then when about to reach airport of korea then change the top one as well... cos plane;s toilet are normally wet.. so earier to change the top then the bottom...

ok
anything else to update me? my only wish is to see falling snow..

regd
joanne

M

michell

hi joanne,

when u going 2 Korea? I really hope i still can see snow..coz im going on Feb 9....but heard aquarius said snow already stop at that time...juz got artificial snow only leh...
sad.gif

wa lao! u spend 800 ah? "piang"! i spend 300 plus also peng, u spend 800 ....

emm.....if wearing long john pants, not warm meh in plane? but if never wear 1st, i scare when reach there, no time to let us change leh...

joanne

hi michell
from what i heard from my friends, feb is the coldest.. it is the time when snow started to melt... in fact u won;t see any falling snow.. i still got to pray hard to see as mine is next wed.
as for the 800 , we bought alot of the wool material.. cos alot of pple who came back from korea said that whatever they brought there is not enough .. it is far too cold. the amount was spent buying for my hubby and i .
800 - for 4 sets of long john
- 2 sets of sweaters
- 2 sets of jackets
- 3 pairs of gloves
- 4 pairs of socks
- 2 hats
- 2 pairs of winter pants
- alot of chemical warmers
- alot of heat pack..
all the above material are all 100% wool.

that; about all.. apart from that, i bought alot of others like : leave on conditioner for hair, moisturizers for face and body, lip gloss, a small thigh warmer...

all my friends think i spent too much... should have borrowed some from them,,,, if u can borrow just go and borrow.. but for me.. cos my size different from my friends, so need to buy loh...
good investment lah...

as for wearing long john pants with jeans.. i dun think it will be too warm.. cos the plane is rather cold as well...

regd
joanne

M

michell

hi joanne,

wa! u really spend a lot leh...hehe...
u buy winter pants also? i thought wear long john enough liao? dun scare me leh...i scare i reach there cold till cant move liao!
i juz bring these stuffs there, do u think enough?
1 winter clothes
1 sweather ( wool )
2 socks ( wool )
1 hat
2 gloves
2 set long john ( cotton )
chemical warmer

i never buy the wool long john coz im very sensitive skin leh..will itchy if touch wool material..so have to wear cotton long john then wear the wool sweather lor......how ah?? enough or not? i haven buy all lip gross yet..coz still early mah.....

oh yes, plane very cold meh?? then should i wear long john in plane or when going 2 reach seoul?

ai..so sad cant c snow falling on Feb...
sad.gif

may

hi joanne, u are really exaggerated! how long will u be in korea? 7 days I suppose? U won't need that much clothes..I tell you, I brought 2 packs of chemical warmers ( 20 pieces) and I did not even use one piece in the end! I very scared of cold too.
my hubby says jokingly tt you 'll get heatstroke in korea after I read out the list of winter clothing you bought. ( no offence intended, my hubby has always been very blunt) U wont need that long john on ur first day really. Initially u will feel cold ( that's part of the fun) but ur body will get accustomed to the cold.

u really very funny..btw, u can wear 2 layers of cotton long johns instead of 1 wool long john cos I know wool is very prickly and uncomfortable.

btw, bring a hot flask and hand cream.

sweetcorn

thks May! you are really helpful! at least I know what to look out for during my trip and wldn't waste time. kekeke
biggrin.gif

one qn - are yours chans as well? A friend of went korea and have to pay $25-$30 just for a night market trip and end up, also nothing to buy! Is yours in the pkg? Can we take cab there? exp or not??

hi SunshinzNana, so sorry for late reply!!! cos I didn't check this thread until today!! so great to find someone taking the same tour here. hehe
happy.gif
I wldn't be going for the briefing tomorrow, can't make it at 6pm leh! so early, I haven't finish work! aiyo!
angry.gif

I paid my balance last sat and the lady gave me a short briefing! so short! and a lot of missing info, gotta ask myself! what kind of service man! and she looked so sian!! made me wonder is the tour interesting or not! alamak! Anyway, u going tomorrow? can share with me what they briefed? thks in advance! and oh yah, how u looked like? we can see each other on the 8th itself. kekeke
biggrin.gif

jojo

Hi all,
I'm thinking of buying digital camera to take
more pictures in korea but the salesman told me that the battery will not work once the weather
is too cold, even the automatic ones, the flash
and battery will not work. I don't know how
true is it, but he recommend me to bring
a manual camera. Anyone knew about this
problem ?
biggrin.gif

love

Hi...

I was thinking of goin to Korea next yr end for my honeymoon too...is it too long to stay in korea for abt 10 to 12 days?? thinking of goin to honeymoon island.....heard its very nice.....

ya by the way....digital camera do work in cold country....tested and proven.......

jojo

Love - i think is ok stay longer
in korea if you have the time and budget.

Me spending 6days - free and easy in Korea.
and then another 3days in Bangkok.

By the way, which digital camera "brand or model"
to buy ? Cannon, Sony etc...

hwey

My automatic camera spoilt during my honeymoon in Korea. For that whole week, the temp was from -14 to -10. Only one day was 0 deg.

During my trips in Japan, spoil 3 cameras (me + my friends')

joanne

hi may and michelle
both of u got it wrong...
those mentioned was for my hubby and i .. not for me alone
so me alone was 2 sets of long john
- 1 sets of sweaters
- 1 sets of jackets
- 2 pairs of gloves
- 2 pairs of socks
- 1 hats
- 1 pairs of winter pants
- alot of chemical warmers
- alot of heat pack..

isn;t this almost the same as u michell??? we spent about 800 ,, was bcos it was for both person.. not for one person....
just to clarify
regd
joanne

M

michell

hi joanne...

err...i know 800 for both....emm....for me 300 for me & hubby only..
happy.gif
maybe we choose some are not wool material, thats why more cheaper lor...
for u, u buy all 100% wool material rite? should be expensive lor....
but is ok lah hor? u bought this time still can wear in the future mah..rite??

joanne

hi
indeed i bought all 100% wool..
maybe i am being conned.. not that i am trying to flare that i spent so much...
i was being told by many that the weather in seoul is below 0 degree now...so i being too afraid of cold buy all wool just in case...
moreover i heard from my tour leader that in yongpyong resort is -23 degree 3 weeks before... so u know the fear i have... i have stiff neck before due to the cold as well.. and a bit of "rheumatism"
sigh.... i just simply saying it.... without trying to mean anything more than that... i am being scorned.... sigh...
regd
joanne

may

sorry joanne, I am sorry that you feel "scorned" I just joking only.. maybe when I went there, the temperature not so low, so for me I think really no need for so many winter clothes. I oso dun know what's the temp like that time, only heard from my guide that it went up compared to previous weeks.

hi sweet corn, mine is from focal travel and included 3hrs free n easy shopping. Night-shopping is free n easy too. If you want to go places like Hard rock cafe in your own, need to take cab. Your tour guide will teach you all abt cabs and which type to flag down. I never try but I heard that the cabs not cheap cos distances generally longer and a long of traffic jams.

I brough both normal and digital cameras. All working well. I brough extra batteries too just in case. Keep your cameras in cases to protect the battery if not taking. Dun leave your cams in the open ( cold) for too long.

happy.gif

nana & all enjoy ur trips!!

sweetcorn

thks may for the info. yours indicated night shopping while mine don't. So, I believe they will be asking us to take it as optional and charge us further
angry.gif

maybe can try their "mrt" huh. lauguage wld be a challenge man... btw dongdamum and nandamum, which is better to shop? if time is a constraint, guess I will hv to just focus on one...

joanne

hi all
my turn to korea today... will tell u more when i am back. i am bringing 2 camera as well.. 1 digi cam and 1 normal SLR.

ok talk to everyone again one week later...
praying hard i can see snow
regd
joanne

may

Dongdamum got one shopping ctr called doota, a lot of variety of goods. cleaner and more organised. like heeren. mostly local brands.
Namdamum is like chinatown, a lot of roadside stalls, can get lost quite easy but sell a lot of pasar malam type of goods.
u can cover namdamum and mydong ( they are near to each other). Mydong is something like Spore's orchard road. alot of international brands.

M

michell

hi joanne,

sorry to make u feel "scorned"...i didnt make it leh...coz i feel a bit shock when u said u bought $800...
happy.gif

i think u must be enjoy urself now in Korea!
remember log in to tell us more ur tour there ok!
can give some guideline to me also mah..
happy.gif

aquarius_888

HI sweetcorn

If you decide to go to the night market, taxi might be a problem cos they dun like to stop for people going in a group. Instead they like to pick up 1 passenger at a time so can earn 4 times the taxi fare. But you may want to try offering them higher fare cos that's what my tour friends did. OFfered 3 times the fare before they got a cab back and also nothing to buy there cos all winter clothings, accessories etc. Hope this info helps cos that's what our tour guide told us and it's true.
happy.gif

aquarius_888

Hi Sweetcorn

Actually for both. But the taxi problem is anywhere you go cos according to the tour guide that is a big problem in Korea.
happy.gif

sweetcorn

Alamak, then I may hv to try their sub-way huh. Hopefully have time to go and shop. However, during winter seasons' maybe also nothing much interesting.

I find the itinerary not accurate lah. Can't really plan what to do..

aquarius_888

Hi sweetcorn

I find the things there abit expensive so I will only buy those unique items.
happy.gif
I have also bought a couple of shawls cos I think it can be used in Singapore cos not too long.

S

sweetcorns

hi hi, my turn to go korea tomorrow, yippy
bounce.gif

yah, aquarius, I heard things there are bery bery expensive! will try not to spend so much, and don't buy unnecessary things. hehe.

Today the weather is abt -8 degree. Last 2 days was abt -12 man. Good gracious! I hope it wldn't go down further. But I hope I'll see falling snow!!
happy.gif

Ok, take care gals, chat again in a wk's time
happy.gif

joanne

hi all
i am back from Korea... guess what ?? i really see it snowing.... not just little flakes.
i went to everland and it started snowing small little flakes... after about half an hour the snow started to fall heavily... it was so heavy that it really feels like rain... all our coats are covered with snow....
happy.gif

anyway... Mitchell, i think u really got to prepare more clothing. cos i brought 1 jacket which is rather thick and 3 sweater there.
when we are in seoul , the temperature is -12degree celsius.. when we reach yong pyong resort the third day.. the temperature went all the way to -22 degree celsius. according to the news report in korea.. it was mentioned that it was the coldest day ever in this year winter...
for the 6 days i was wearing one set of long john, 1 sweater and 1 jacket, 1 cotton pant. in fact this is really not enough... we are all freezing cold esp when we are preparing to ski.
i think the coldest part will be our face and our hands... better get hold of a glove for skiing... cos that one is warmer...
as for face, i tried using my scarf, but kept dropping... better wear some sweater with the "long turtle neck"
i was actually asking my tour guide there on behalf of u , about the temperature in Feb.. she was telling me it could be worst cos the snow is starting to melt...if it snow, it is not so cold, but when it is melting, it is the coldest.. esp when the wind is blowing...

for my trip, a few itinary were being changed due to the snow... the godola that we are suppose to take to see the "winter sonata's coffee house" was being stopped... will only resume their service this july.
anyway we still have fun... but do expect alot of traffic jam if it snows...

ya as for the long john.. up to u lo.. u can change it when u reach the airport there...
plse make sure bring ur lip balm and moisturizer... and some sweet to moisturize ur throat... inside the hotel room, try to put a wet towel over the heater so u won;t get nose bleeding... cos it is really dry in the room...

ok lah.. i got to sleep....
just came back a few hours ago..
catch up with u again
regd
joanne

M

michell

hi joanne!

wao! u back liao...
happy.gif

emm, feel very happy when u describe the weather & environment there, so "shiok"!!!
yeah, i heard many ppl told me Feb is snow melt time, so will be very very cold!!! i scared leh..and feel dissapointed too cant c snow falling down liao....wa! u must be very happy lor when all snow cover ur body???
happy.gif

sorry, wanna chk with u something, wat u meant put wet tower over the heater? i cant get wat u meant leh? sorry hor....

thanks again for helping me to ask the tour guide about the weather....
happy.gif
ai..i think i MUST bring more sweather & long shirt(with turtle neck) liao...do u wear long john while u in aeroplane?
or u wear it when u reach there?? is it very cold when u come out frm the airport?? em, i bought lip palm which like paste...can? for leg, i wear long john & jeans only wor.....enough or not leh???

sorry leh...ask so many questions.....hear frm u soon......
happy.gif

knowing

Hi joanne
thanks for yr info on Korea
i plannin to go on Feb too like Michell
which agent u went with & is it good
i thot of booking w SA on the winter sonota
trip actually thot of dropping by HK or BKK
on my way back but there's no such trip during
the period i want
sad.gif

i heard fm a local agent that Korea is a v
environmental friendly country so we have to bring own shampoo, towels etc (the towels they provided are v small pc one)

Hi michell
have u booked yr package?
did any preparation for the winter trip?

N

novlkf22

Hi Joanne

I'm new to this thread. will be visiting Korea around end Jan, wish to find out fr u whether ur camera works alright under such harsh temperature. I only have a normal automatic camera, not the manual/SLR type. really hope can shoot some nice photos of snow field : )

M

michell

hi knowing,

yeah... got someone go same month with me leh..hehe..which travel agency u book? i book by
Wingo Travel Agency which at People's Prk Ctr..
dun know u ppl heard b4 or not...hehe....
happy.gif

this tour 6 days 4 nite , i go on 09 feb and come back 14 feb...how bout u??

i juz brought some stuffs lor...like winter clothes, sweather, long john, socks, warmer pack, gloves, hat, scarft.....and lip gross, lotion, ..i think thats all lor...how bout u?? share with me leh dun mind, so that i know did i miss out anything?? ai..some of my friends & joanne said feb is very cold leh........how ah??

hi joanne,
oh yes, forget to ask u about the camera too...like wat novlkf22 said, wis it any kind of camera also can bring there?? mine is normal canon camera leh...can or not ah??

jasminetea

Hi everyone,

I also just came back from my Korea trip on Monday
happy.gif

Just to share that the the weather is indeed very very cold. Please rem to being some warmer pack which will help u to warm up a bit. It helps a little although you will still feel cold. And a cap would be very useful to cover your ears. My hubby didn't wear a cap and his ears were frozen. It is not a very nice experience as his ears became very painful.

I managed to see snow for 2 days at Everland and Yong Pyong Resort.
happy.gif
It is indeed very very beautiful. But it is so cold that we didn't hv the chance to make snowman haaa.. We can't stay outdoor too long.

Please rem to bring ur own shampoo, conditioner etc as most hotels do not provide these during to their new environmental policy. They only provide facial toner and cleanser and comb.

Things in Korea are very expensive. So if you want to buy more stuff, do bring along more wons as many shops there do not accept credit cards.

As for camera, my hubby bought along a ditigal camera. He got no problem with tt except tt the battery runs low very fast. So do rem to bring along ur charger.

Oh yes, do not wear long john for your flight on the plane. It will be too hot. U can change it at the airport when u reach Korea. It won't be cold at the airport itself.

My whole trip went smoothly as all our itineary were met. Except there were a bit changes here and there due to the weather. But overall, everything went fine. I booked mine with SA tours.

Hope I hv provide some info to all of you who will be going to Korea soon.

Wish you all a happy trip.
happy.gif

Cheers~

M

michell

hi jasminetea,

thks 4 sharing with us...
happy.gif

emm...so we must bring along all toiletaries la?
wa....feel very kan cheong liao coz everyone saying the weather so terrible....
sad.gif

jasmine, how's ur face ah? do u always put on lotion or??
do we still have enough time to change long john when we reach the airport? i heard some friends told me that they wont wait 4 u leh.... and the toilet will very pack 1....aiyoh...i scare leh..
pai seh ah, ask u some many Q....

knowing

Hi jasminetea
thanks for the updates...
so did u join the Winter Sonata trip by SA?
Hw's Asiana airline good or nt?

Hi Michell
I think u are more equipped than me...i haven't got anything except a wind breaker fm U2.
I think u need to bring toiletries as well as towels
bring a thermal flask to put some wine inside or hot drinks if available....
i going after u Feb 15 flying off
can share yr pkg w Wingo
mine is around 1.2k plus
do yrs need to share rm w others at the resort?

joanne

hi all
my package was the same as jasmine tea.. it is with SA tour as well.

ya, for the toiletries.. indeed u got to bring ur own shampoo and shower cream.. most hotel dun provide. as for the chemical warmer for the leg.. no need to buy so many .. i did not use a single one at all, although there is twice my toes twitch together... but i run abit .. okay liao..
i got wool socks and sport shoes so i did not really use the chemical warmer for leg.. the hands one.. really a must.. it helps to warm u up after u gone up to ur tour bus, plse remember to wear sport shoe...

the other thing... if u want to continue to have beautiful face and hands, plse bring along ur moisturizer for both hands and face.... i use it for my face only... now my hands are so wrinkled.... my husband never use for his face , so his face is very wrinkled....

as for camera, both my camera works well... as for my tour mate...most of them brought along digital camera and SLR. only a handful brought the normal compact... til then... only heard one complained that his camera did not work... cos the film was stuck inside and did not roll..
plse remember after using ur camera , put inside the pouch. dun leave it in the cold.. or best hang it on ur neck then tuck it inside ur jacket after taking picture.
the battery really run low very fast. less than 1 hour, my digital camera run out of battery. so bring alot of batteries there. As for SLR camera, if u got a flash light attached, it will be good to bring there... cos some conditions, the camera cannot work as it could be abit dark.

the other thing.. for any charger, be it shaver of whatever... in all Korean hotel, the electrical pin for electrical is only 2 pin type.. if ur charger is 3 pin type, it cannot fit in... moreover.. the power point is in round shape... not the flat type we have in singapore

for those interested in buying the ginseng, plse bring more money.. it is really ex.
for winter sonata lovers, the chain with the 4 stars casted in the film is for sale... it is around the price of 5000 won or 6000 won( S$7.50-9) . do not be deceived by other shop... they are selling at 13000 won(S$19.50) and above. dun know whether ur package did bring u to "Enxi's house" the one in "Qiu tian de tong hua" they are selling the mugs that the family have.. remember?? they even sell key chains with their photo on it one...

if u think u can get good deal in korea for winter wear.. not really true.. some selling even more expensive than singapore. everything is very ex there..

pple going Everland etc..if it is snowing, u might not be able to take the ride.. carribean bay is good.. though i choose not to go.. heard that the place is heated up til 30degree.. so rather cosy..

Michell,
inside the hotel room, the air is rather dry. normally pple advice to put 1 glass of water there.. but in fact the more effective way was to wet a towel and put it over the heater...
there is a heater in every room... so just look for it.. if not just leave it on the table... this will be better for ur nose.. so won;t bleed.

as for long john, i wore the one for the leg before i went up the plane.. cos it is a night flight.. it is rather cold.. so not hot at all.. it is up to u .. in the Incheon airport(korea) it is not that cold as well... i believe u will have ur time there to change.. most of my tour mates change in the incheon airport. remember must wear the whole entire thing... not just long john for leg....
ya lip balm any type will do.. must apply regularly... my husband's lip crack and bleed cos did not apply regularly... try to bring a bottle with u .. air rather dry need to drink quite often.

regd
joanne

joanne

hi
sorry to add on, ya winter cap is necessary. if u have those cap (ya zui mao) bring along as well.. in case it snows heavily, so to prevent the snow from kept hitting on ur face, bring that type of cap as well..

regd
joanne

jasminetea

Hi Michelle,

Most of us change into our long john at the airport itself. We had about 3 hrs before we board the next flight to Jeju. So there are plently of time for us. Maybe u like to check up on ur flight departure time etc. I personally feel tt it will be too hot to wear long john on the plane. But I guess it is really individual preference.

I used moisturier everyday on my face, hand and body. So basically, now it is still in quite good condition except I got some cold rashes on my arms. Should be recovering in a few days. I personally feel tt it is a MUST to moisturier due to the harsh weather. Lip balm is a must as well.

Hi Knowing,

Mine is not Winter Sonata Trip by SA. At that time when I booked in Sep 02, I think they do not have this package yet. My airline was Korean Air.

Cheers~

knowing

Hi joanne
nt sure if the 7 days winter sonota trip by SA will include Enxi's hse or nt
i want to buy the mugs u mentioned leh

Hi Jasminetea
i jus heard fm a colleague she said her friends returned 2 days ago & it was like -20degrees in korea....wow tt's too cold liao
i think i have to prepare alot of stuff for this trip cos me & hubby v scared of COLD
so Korean air good or nt

anyone took Asiana?

jasminetea

Hi Knowing,

I got no complaints abt Korean Air.
happy.gif
Our flight was not delayed and everything went smoothly for both our both returning and going flight.

I think the weather will get colder. Do prepare yourself for it. When will u be going to Korea?