Korea

sinkor

Hi Summer!!

You MIA huh.... now suddenly "pop out"! haha.... Welcome to Korea! hmm...from wat i know SA tour is the most exp but their hotels and meals are the best among agency. So not to worry! So when is ur departure date?? Did u extend few more days F&E?

Wow Psyduckie,
Can see that u also start to like Korea liao.... haha....ya, agreed with u, korea things exp leh! only those products like seaweed, cosmetic made in korea are super cheap! Oh! their car also cheap! haha....

Hi AhJo,
as wat summer has mentioned... Korea is my "husband-land"..... so I no chance to join any agency at all...
happy.gif

eugo

Hi ALL....

I went to the NATAS fair but have not book a package. I am quite interested in SA Tour & CTC itinerary. Anyone has Chan Brother itinerary?

Sinkor,

I tried free & easy trip already! I went there in May. Free & easy trip is very very relaxing..but only in Seoul... I stayed at the Myeongdong Guesthouse... Mr Park is very friendly. This time round, I intend to go for a trip to KOrea... but I wanna extend my trip to tour around Seoul again. Have you heard of 63 building? Have you been there before? I am planning to go there... Heard that its something similar to N Seoul Tower.

sinkor

ya...63 building mean level 63...nice view! u watch the show "My Girl"? they filmed in that building! haha.... but of course need to pay lah :p Seoul tower i went there but didnt take the lift to the top as also need pay money! haha
so u tried the guesthouse? good right?? i mean really cheap and convenienct...but i didnt stay there before, is my friends told me. ya...all "Park" are good (bcos my hubby is also a "Park")!!! *thick-skin* :p
glad that u like korea too! haha

eugo

I wanna go to 63 building due to the influence from My Girl! haha.. i dun like Korea... I LOVE KOREA!! pple already label me as Korean Freak already!

The guesthouse is simple and nice. I enjoyed my stay there! ^^ Thanks for the recommendation!

bibi38

sinkor,

I ve received ur email.. thanks

psyduck,

Hee, i ve been waiting for u to come back for ur postes..

Well, bibi leavin on this sunday le.. 8th oct

sad to hear shopping time is only 2 hrs.. n few hotels not near shopping area...

My itinerary sh be same with u de.. will come back n adds on with other interesting thing.. :p

Hi Sinkor

Ya lor, suddenly me very free to check out the forum over here...

I'll be leaving on the 27th Oct 1am flight. Dun intend to extend cos my itinary already covered most of korea...i think...hehee

sinkor

Hi Eugo..... wow.... another korea "freak"! haha... but but.... remember wat u see in drama show....in real life really different one hor!

Hi summer,
i also will be at the changi airport on 27/10 leh!!! but i going to Bangkok
sad.gif
haha....

eugo

Hi Sinkor,

Yeah yeah... I understand. ^^

Btw... I found an EMart @ Yongsan...

When are you going to Korea again? New Year?

sinkor

wow great!!! Emart shiok hor??? have u see the seaweeds section??? I went there everytime.... will try to buy as many diff brand as possible..... and cheap somemore! haha....

yupz... will go back there on 16Feb'07 for Korea New Year (same as Lunar CNY) and laze around
happy.gif

psyduck

Hi Bibi,

yah loh.. not much shopping time, so u must really target what u interested to get so that you will not waste too much time thinking about wat to get. you can also try to see how possible is it for u to go from the hotel u will b in to the shopping area so that u can go on your own at night.

Ah Jo,

Hongthai 8 days all in itinery comprise everland (big 5) and lotte world (big 3). but be mindful that travel group usually do not spend too much time at these places unless they indicate that they will spend the whole day there.

Sinkor, the car over there very cheap hor.. the tour guide keep reminding us not to buy korean car.. haha.. he say it is no good. He also say that most of the things sold in korea is lower in quality than those sold abroad. say korea export most of their good stuff.

sinkor

ya...car there is very cheap... but for quality wise, i think not bad lah...bcos their car have to drive in snow one leh...haha
true, korea export good hp, tv in better quality.... even the osim or otto u-zap(forget liao but one of them made in korea), my in-law bought in singapore leh....:p

eugo

Sinkor,

Yeah yeah I enjoyed shopping @ the Emart! haha! I bought alot of seaweeds!! Hehee.. Emart will be included in one of my itinerary already! Btw... I saw the map of sinchon.. I think I saw a Grand Mart.. Any idea?

sinkor

i have no idea on Grand mart leh.... u go see see and keep me informed lah! haha...
but i really love Emart.... we everytime bought around 2-3 cartons of seaweeds, tidbits and ramen back to singapore.... but within 1 week no more liao bcos friends ask for more! haha

eugo

hehee.. Yeah yeah... there are a wide variety of seaweeds. Okie.. I will go and check if there is a Grand Mart in next year Jan!

bel_yeo

Hellooo...

u all know where to buy nice & not so X winter clothing in Korea? Pls advice.

Looks like I got to buy tons of seaweeds back! Hmm... there is a Green Mart @ Ocean Castle.

Cheers ~ Counting Down!

eugo

Hi bel,

Hmm... SG not much nice winter clothing wor... Maybe you can try John Little / Winter Wear / ColdWear.. but not much variety.. You can try Zara or Mango but slightly ex wor.

Ocean Castle... you going to CTC?

bel_yeo

HI Eugo..

Yup, going with CTC. Coz only their 6 days got go both evreland & lotte.

No... i asm asking where to buy in korea! =)

eugo

Icic... I think Dongdaemum has wor.. Shopping mall like Doota..HelloAPM..Migliore.. or those shops in Myeongdong ba..

Icic.. 6 days include Ski rite?

psyduck

Hi bel

too bad they have only a few "goong" bears there. Hee.. i took all their pictures. also gotten myself two of the "goong" postcards.

Your itinerary seems not bad. hope u will have a great time there.

Rachel, no problem. glad to share my experience there here since i gotten lots of information here before my trip. think by sharing our experience, we can help others better prepare for their trip be it free and easy or group tour. it is worthwhile to read up and prepare before hand so that we can enjoy ourselves.

psyduck

hi eugo,

no goong bear on sale lah. only got sell their postcards and alfred bear.. alfred bear selling at 36000 won. too expensive to buy.. if not i become Xin Jun also.. hee..

Hi Sinkor

My flight is 27th 1am plus... how abt yours?
And very paisei, me very suaku, thght i covered most of korea but realised korea very big (got 9 cities), impossible to cover most of it in 8days....haaa

Hi psyduckie,
What is meant by big 5 and big 3?

Think most of you prefer to go korea F&E, but i heard got language barrier...singaporeans difficult to survive over there unless you know the language... thats why i took up the package...

eugo

Psyduckie,

Wow... that's way too ex already!

vanillasky,

I booked with Hong Thai before.. for my winter trip early this year... indeed there are hidden costs.. like no ski equipment provided etc...

leeyin

hihi
i would be gog Korea during the first week of November too... Heard the climate is low but not to the COLD extent...
so am wondering what clothes to bring?? will be leaving ard 2nov for a 7days' trip...is the Romance Autumn Trip... No jeju island (is it really that wasted??, pls advise)
any advise??

sinkor

Hi Summer!

Yes, Korea is big as compare to singapore lah! haha...i will be leaving to BKK on 27/10 10pm plus flight! so no chance to say "Hi" to u lah! :p

Oh B,
eeerrmmmm....using sign language is not that easy as u think.... if u are suay when the older Korean dunno wat ur sign language mean, they will curse and scold u hor!!! haha....

Hi leeyin,
from wat i know, those tour package consist of 8 days tour sure have Jeju..... if u are going for 7days, y not take one more day package to go Jeju? Jeju very peaceful and romantic but abit boring if stay too long time. As for Seoul, it seem to be messy, lots of people, cars, etc.... but yet very happening!!!

ahjo77

Hi Leeyin

Would like to check which agency u join...keke mi still looking around which one to sign up ??

ahjo77

zhuoen

hiya...

i have booked my trip with dynasty travel... departing on 08dec... its gona be winterrrrr... dun knw wat to expect!!! hahhahaa... u guys like knw korean inside out!!! think i can oni give my 2 cents worth when i m back... haaaa...

rinnie

Hi all..

I went to Korea last year, around mid dec...it was super cold!!! Dunno say we heng or suay...cos apparently, mid dec not supposed to be so cold and snow so much but while we were there, there was one day which they had the most snow! so we did get to see a lot of snow but it was very very very cold....around -15.

Would advise those who are going to buy the heat pack. Can forget about those that put in shoes wan, dun reali work..

Winter wear there is nice and can be quite cheap..it reali depends on where you go..=)

Have fun! I'm sure you'll enjoy the trip!

gingercoke

hello all,

anyone have any idea how the weather like during 24th oct ? would it be something like in air con room temperature ??
is there anything i should look out for in Seoul ?

thanks...
=)

psyduck

Hi Eugo,

Yah loh.. too ex.. can't bear to part with my money. way over budget. almost used up all the wons i brought there.

Summer,

The "big 5" or "big 3" means that you can use it for 5 or 3 rides. it will be indicated on the tickets and the staff will punch a hole on it when u take the ride. for those going free and easy and intend to spend a lot of time there, better get the unlimited pass. think more economical and can enjoy more. think these big passes are catered for tourist groups which do not spend too much time there but still want to enjoy the rides.

Vanillasky,

Whether there is a lot of hidden costs or not depend on how you see it. if they already upfront say wat they included in the tour package so anything extra will have to be pay for on your own. so you must be careful when selecting the tour package to ensure that all these differences are taken into consideration.

Leeyin,
think you should add another additional day for jeju. it's a nice place and relaxing over there. the tangerines over there are quite nice. regret only brought one small packet when over there.

leeyin

i signed up at the recent expo fair with the Chan Brothers... mainly becoz hubby feels tat chan is big co. stable enuff and they said that they are offering the best for korea trips... for e.g the hotel stay... and also we tired of gog ard asking.. at first i sort of interested wif the Genting Holidays or Genting Travels.... due to the price, but later seems tat they compromised on the itinery wise..
so in the end, "play safe", so go for chan brothers and paid a $2955 for 2 pax. incl airport taxes for a 7days korea romance trip...

can we still add a day to jeju??... but cos there are additonal domestic flight charge and airport tax charge, so is abt $400additional for each pax, so we budget budget blow lei... or roughly wat is the extra charge?any advise here

psyduck

Hi Leeyin,

Mayb u can check with them on their tour package which include Jeju to see if you like it or not. think if you are going jeju by yourself, mayb need more $$. think u can check how much the domestic flight to jeju costs from either korean air or asiana website. but u will need to factor in other expenditures over there. so i dun think 400 will b enough.

ahjo77

All

Would like to check if any one been to Korea with ASA or Five stars TravelAgency? whats the comments??

Btw is Everland or Lotte World nicer?

Thanks

psyduck

Ah Jo77,

I prefer Everland. firstly it's outdoor, secondly i think the rides are more interesting, thirdly, it's a more beautiful. lotteworld is largely indoors so there's a limit on the type of indoor activities it can have.

bel_yeo

Haiz... no wonder they only give us Admission to Everland but Big 5 @ Lotte World! @_@

So what is must play/visit in Everland? I know Safari is a must.

psyduck

Ha ha.. bel.. lotte world not that bad lah. u just need to know what to play. i suggest u go visit their websites to see what do they offer. then u can decide on what sort of rides u will be interested in. think most likely the tour guide will bring u on the safari ride.

kitty_li

Hey gals,
May I ask...how much KRW to change if I'm going to be in Korea for a few days - 4 days. I am totally clueless here. How much is say, a decent bowl of noodles?

Thanks!

sweetpea

Hi Psyduckie

Thanks for your very useful info. I will be leaving on 23rd Oct with SA tours, so the info will come in very handy!

Hi
I guess many of you should have known about the north korea's nuclear test.,.. dunno is there any impact on south korea hor?

Hi CSI Fan
The SA guide gave us a brief and she said its about $15 for a decent meal... if no money can buy instant noodle, hearsay its super nice... I'll definitely buy a few bowls back...

psyduck

Hi CSI Fan,

You can visit the korean tourism website for info on the estimated cost of food in korea. heard that the quality of instant noodles are more original over there. think how much won u need to change will depend on what u want to do over there. bring more if u intend to shop and buy things rather than just seeing around.

eugo

Hi CSI Fan,

I think a kimchi soup set is about 5,000 won. The price range from 3,000/4,000 won. I rem I had porridge in a restaurant is about 7,000 won. There is a 24hrs store selling Korean food. The price there vary on the food you order. Price ranging from about 3,000 won.

The dunkin donut price range from 700 or 800 won.

The MacDonald's meal price range is about 3,000/4,000 won.

Instant noodle price range is about 800 won and above.

eugo

Hi summer,

Yesterday I watched the Arirang News.. they mentioned that so far... the impact is still not so obvious... but it will surface out sooner or later...