Korea - In 1st week of Nov ?

cute1008

Hi,

I am planning to go Korea in the 1st week of Nov.
Is it a good time to go there ? Is the ski resort open at this time ? Pls advise the good hotel and ski resort that you have tried and if possible can share with me your photos..
I will be waiting... tks a lot a lot

my email: [email protected]

yen2

Hi Cynthia,

I went Korea in early Nov 2 years back... the weather was quite unpredictable... but i dun think u can ski then.. it's too early..

dolphin48

Hi Cynthia

I went there around early Dec two years ago and there wasn't much snow then....but not sure if the ski resort is open in Nov. When I was there, they used quite a lot of man made snow mix with natural snow. I went to Yong Pyong Ski Resort - the film site for Winter Sonata. Love the place - very dreamy. Winter always give you that kind of feeling. But I lost weight during my 6 days there cos i can't stand eating kimchi every meal every day...but i will visit there again definitely!

dolphin48

Hi Cynthia

I have one photo taken from the peak of the resort - my favourite pic. See if i can post it here...sorry...it's too big a file....I can send that pic to you if you give me your email addy....

karyinn

Hi Cynthia,

I went to korea 3 times. 1st Nov is definitely not a good time for winter.. Maybe still can catch the last gimpse of Autumn thou.

meaty

Hi Karyinn
Is it cold in end Aug to early Sept?
Planning to visit there.What sort of clothing should we bring along?

karyinn

hi Meaty,

Now it's summer, my korean friends complaint is hot thou. I think end of august still quite warm. but bring a cartigen or jacket there.. during early morning and at night when you go out will still need it
happy.gif

annabelle

Hi karyinn, i'm planning for a trip to korea on mid september... will it be cool? need jacket??? thanks... first time going there dunno wat to expext...
happy.gif
and do we change to won in singapore or bring over there to change???

karyinn

Mid september, i guess still quite warm. U still need a jacket for early morning use or late night use when you are out thou.
and please change won in singapore. OVer there, is quite troublesome to change won as u have to go to Bank. I always change at Parkway, the rate is good.
happy.gif

lilieswhite

hi, i'm going for korea ski trip in late nov. anyone knows how is the temp like?

I check on internet, the temp seems to b 2-10 degrees.

rachel_

hi, i m planning to go Korea in early or mid Dec for my honeymoon. Wish i could see the snowing..will it snow in Dec?

Lilieswhite, have u signed up the package? which travel agency are u signing. mind to share...

Thks.

sinkor

Hi Lilieswhite,

temp on late nov is consider as COOL to Korean but to us singaporean, maybe we consider as cold. Yes, temp really BIG range from 2-10 degree and depend which part of Seoul..... As for ski trip on late nov, maybe only on man made snow, not real snow....
happy.gif

Hi Rachel,

Its really depend on your luck to see snow in korea on early-mid Dec. I could say that the possibility is low..... Best time and 99% guarantee to see snow should be on jan/Feb period.

I went to Korea last year on mid to end Dec and end up only see SNOW RAIN (look like raining) at certain part of Seoul which "rain" for 2-3 hour only!

Should you require any info on korea, feel free to ask me bcos my FH is Korean. :D

Cheers!

lilieswhite

hi rachel,

i've signed up a ski package with Dynasty travel but most probably can only see man-made snow.

If u wan to see snow, its only in late dec or jan like sinkor said.

its a good idea to book duringg natas so u can have better offers.

reismion

hi all

juz chanced on tis thread. mi n my hubby-to-be wld like 2 go korea to see the snow. 'll chk out the rates during nxt yr's natas fair. thks 4 all the helpful info. hopefully not 2 cold then cos my tolerance level 4 cold is v low. :p

btw if go korea 4 2 wks, got anything 2 see a not? is it too long? shld i juz go 4 mayb 7-10 days tour?

puppylove888

I've been to Korea in Jan 00'. It was the coolest winter that Korea has ever encountered... -18 degrees...we were almost frozen to death.....

Women who love to shop will definitely enjoy Korea....lots of stuff to buy....eg. bags, shoes, small small accessories etc ...you can get many cheap & good stuff @ "Tong Ta Man"...

Before we went Korea, we were looking forward to the skiing part...but honestly speaking, it was a real suffer....the weather was so cold, the skiing equipments are damn heavy & worst, we were only allowed to skii at the "flat" platform....after 10mins, 90% of our tour members gave up...

There's a no. of theme parks in Korea....Especially the one with a drive-in Safari is a MUST GO.....

reismion

hi puppylove888

ic. then i better dun go skiing. :p juz an experience but the shopping n theme parks r a must! :D

thks 4 the advice.
happy.gif

rtan

Honestly speaking, those tour packages that have seven days touring Korea and one day ski are a sham. What can you do in one day of skiing? It's like saying go learn diving in one day. Of course everyone gives up. You are given only 3 hours of lessons in the morning, then in the afternoon you go on the slope on your own, not knowing how to turn or stop properly, thus endangering both yourself and others on the ski slope. It's very irresponsible of the tour operators.

Skiing requires at least five days (three days lessons, two days on your own) to be enjoyable. Furthermore, the best time to go is late Jan - Feb in the Northern Hemisphere, and late July - Aug in the Southern Hemisphere.

I have personally skiied in Switzerland, Austria, Australia, and South Korea. The absolute worst place to ski is South Korea; crowded, bad snow, and it's the most expensive place of all! It was expensive because even though we were there for a week, there is no weekly pass, we had to buy a pass for each day which was very expensive. Hope things have changed now.

Australia comes in second worst; crowded, unreliable snow, but not so expensive. Switzerland is expensive, but has reliable snow and is not crowded, and of course the fantastic scenary. Austria is probably the best; not that expensive, reliable snow, and not crowded because there are so many ski resorts in Austria. And the scenary is almost equal to Switzerland.

I heard USA is also not bad for skiing, e.g. Lake Tahoe area. Canada is not bad too especially if you go up into the rockies; reliable snow and not crowded. Never tried Sapporo yet, though my guess is that it might be very crowded.

khoosm

Hi, anybody got any reccomendations where is the best exchange rate for korean won in singapore? Or isit better to exchange in korea?

I'm changing about SGD$5000 to won. Any reccomendations?

kkjc0517

hi,

any 1 going to korea soon?
I just came back from Korea, have some currency left, 107000 won. thinking of exchanging back to S$ at the same rate I changed at, the rate is not bad at 605. so that will make 107000 won = S$176.85.but $176 will do :>i have the korea guide book and map to give away together also

if interested, kindly PM me. Thanks so much!

hildayeo

Hi Cool,
i am planning my honeymoon trip to Korea,
can i borrow your korea guide book?

Can you also share with me what are the food and places which should not be missed?

thanks

kovankitty

Hi,

Anyone can share what is the weather like in Korea around end Oct-early Nov?

What types of clothing do we need to bring?

Thanks.

jong2201

Hi,

I would also like to know what is the weather like in Korea in early Oct (1st half of the month). A bit concerned since bringing young children along.

cloe

<font color="0000ff">kovankitty,
I'm going around the same time as you. Are you going to Jeju-do as well? From this website, http://www.wintertime.com.sg/weather_chart.html, the temp is around 11 - 15°C in Oct and 3 - 9°C in Nov (Seoul only). Seems that we need around 3 layers of clothings (http://www.wintertime.com.sg/what_to_wear.html) but some people said 2 layers are enough. Night time will be colder, esp. if it's windy.

sinkor &amp; others who've been to Korea,
Do you have any recommendations of clothing to wear, where to shop &amp; eat? What are the things worth buying?

TIA!</font>

shimaro

Wingo Travel -6D Korea 21 Jul $748 + $265 Taxes = $1013 only per pax..come and join....

cos need another 5 pax to be a confirm tour

Pls PM me if you need more details