Korea 8D with Hong Thai

dreamer17

Hi

May i know who have book 8D Korea with Jeju with Hong Thai?...may i know how much u guys paid for it when u book at NATAS?...

Also if guys whi have been to Korea with Hong Thai, could u kindly share ur experience?..gd or bad?

Thank u

bluegal

Hi
I booked 8D all in deluxe with Hong Thai, we paid $1800 + $100(insurance) / pax. We booked during Jul not with NATAS fair. Our departure date is 28 Dec till 4th Jan.

dreamer17

Hi

u booked before NATAS?

I ask Hong Thai yesterday..they quoted me 2000 per pax include taxes but exclude insurance....

could i ask how come u chose hong thai as they dun provide ski rental in their package? becoz i seen some agency they do prvode and their price abt 100 more per pax...

i am still thinking if i wan to take up the offer...as i will be paying abt 200 more per pax.

bluegal

Hi Dreamer,
Saw today's today page 10, there's a few korea package on promotion from various agency. You may want to take a look, departure date was also stated clearly.

bluegal

I choose Hong Thai because they were awarded the best itinery from the Korea Tourism Board, i read it somewhere if i remember correctly.

dashtan

Hi ppl,anyone went with hong thai b4 care to commends on the 5* koreana hotel stay?? is it comfortable and nice?? Thanks!!!

dreamer17

Hi bluegal...

those prices are depart in Jan i suppose...anyway will call again to enquire...hoping for last minute discount coz i heard that they increase more flights so need to fill up as agencies shld have guarantee seats with airlines

Hi TS..

u can google it and see the hotel...

dashtan

Hi dreamer17,i will love to hear reviews from fellow travellers in singaporebrides who went with hong thai b4 and get a chance to stay in the 5* koreana hotel as sometimes the hotel we see on the web is not exactly what it is in reality.
happy.gif

bluegal

Hi Dreamer17,
There's Dec departure too, Today's today have the advertisement again, please refer to attach.
842164.jpg

dreamer17

Hi Bluegal

thanks for ur effort in scanning...i called some yesterday...prices still abt 2K for mid dec departure...if end of dec depart the abt 1.7K

so far Wingo is the cheapest abt 1.9K for mid dec departure...include ski rental and stay in 5-6 stars hotels.....but recently saw a bad feedback in the forum...dunno if it is tat bad

a_pinglim

Hi All,

i got $100 voucher from Hong Thai which could be used to offset any travel package and willing to let go for $30.

We joined Hong Thai for 8 days all in korea.
overall trip was good and memorable.

PM me if interested.

hope your all get the best deal.

happy.gif

lsling

need advise again.

from forum, ppl always recommend that we change krw in korea airport not in sgd.
i kinda worried by the time i visit korea (28/12) ... the krw would have strengthened further again ... how?

though i have already changed enough krw in s'pore, my intention now was to change more in korea (to even out my loss ... and also to buy lots of stuffs) ...

can someone advise me? pls?

renarena

Hi Bluegal,

Do update us with your review when you are back from your trip.. :D
I'm traveling with Hong Thai for 8 days all in package too, departure date 26th Jan...

Cheers,
Rena

bluegal

Hi Rena,
I am back, thumbs up for the itinery, love most of the itinery they arrange for us but too many places to go so very tiring. We buy things from all the specialty shop (Ginsend, Cordycep and Amethyst) so spend quite a lot. Do not expect the hotel rating to be the same as Singapore. Their 5* can't be camparable even to our 4* but nevermind we only went back to sleep. We do not have any tour leader following us cos there's only 17 pax. Our tour guide was Kate, she was good. Only set-back is, we are only given 1.5 hrs for shoppings and theme parks. for the everland, we still manage to take a few ride, but for the lotte world, all the queue was 45-60 mins so we skip the rides and walk around the lotte world lor. As for shopping, 1.5 hrs enough meh so expect to only window shopping, Myeongdong got lots of those cosmetic shops so i only buy from those shops as they are supper cheap compare to singapore, these shops are The face shop, skin food, etude house, laneige etc..... Oh ya our hotel is not near those shopping district need at least 1hr taxi ride. Best way to shop is to extent your trip with 1 or 2 days F&E, i'll do that if i we going again.

renarena

Woah, thanks for your reviews! Appreciate it..

Yeah, 1.5hrs for shopping & theme park is indeed very short and quite sad to hear that our hotels are 1hr away from shopping district by taxi. It's a pity that we are not extending our trip cos not enough leave... I heard from the tour consultant that my group has 22 pax now so i think there will be a SIN tour leader following us ya?

Did you ski at the ski resort? How much did you pay for the rental of ski equipment etc?

I'm glad that you enjoyed your trip, I'm looking forward to mine too.

Cheers!

bluegal

Hi Rena,
We also spend about 1.5 hrs skiing, 1st they'll bring us to rent ski jacket, pants and goggles (not sure if i spell correctly) so the 2 of us paid 65000 Won for 2 jackets + 2 pants + 2 goggles + 1 glove (i bought it). Then when you reach the ski resort, need to pay 27000 Won/Pax for the ski equipment rental and 1000 Won for the locker. So in total the 1.5 hrs skiing (time including 10 mins coaching) cost both of us 120000 Won. But my hubby said wanna go skiing again this year end. so worth spending for the experience if you never ski before since you already travel all the way there. Oh ya we skip the hot spring cos have to be naked so will be saperated between female and male, if wanna stay together can only go to the swiming pool. Same only given 1.5 hrs for the hot spring so we rather give it a miss and rest in hotel. Not sure how cold the weather will it be during the time you travel. Ours was between -17 to 6 degree. Guess moisturiser cream from here is not good enough, i came back with lots of wounded skin, it crack by itself with very deep cut all over my hands and legs. Recommend to use olive oil, which i just learn from my colleagues after i am back and show them the wounds.

jeslin70

winter... looking forward to the tour. I'm going with them on 3 Feb 2009. Hope to see snowing. Is just normal boots or leather shoes enough to protect our feet???

renarena

Hi Bluegal,

120000 Won in total for both is quite reasonable, skiing is 1 of the main reason why I choose to go korea in winter. Hehe! Noted about the hot spring.

Sorry to hear about your deep cut wounds, must be very pain when you bath...
I bought body cream and lip balm from L'occitane and I thought it would be good enough. I shall heed your advice to bring olive oil too. Many thanks!

I'm also not sure how cold the weather will be, been monitoring the temperature nowadays. Same as Jeslin, I hope to see snow shower too.

Jeslin,

I think normal boots or leather shoes are perfectly ok, just need to wear winter socks to protect our feet..

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers!

annabella

Hi,

I'm just back from Korea a week ago. I didn't wear leather shoes or boots, so I can't comment much on that. However I wear winter socks (95% wool) and legging, I still find very cold. So on some of the days when the temp drop below - deg, I use the feet heat pad and I think it does helps. Remember to get hand heat pad as well. Wearing leather gloves is def. not enough, when the temp. drop below -, hand heat pad is a must.

I use Avene shower gel and body moisturizer and have no problem with my skin. I think you will need to use the appropriate body care products for your winter trip. I put on hydrating face mask everyday, no problem with my face as well.

The ski rental set is inclusive in my tour package, do you need to pay extra for the goggles? Googles actually is not necessary for beginners.

jeslin70

ok. Thanks. will get those wool sock.

Annabella, so you mean wearing long john, legging and jean is still very cold??? Then should I buy those ski pant?
Is the feet heat pad the same as normal heat pad? How abt the face moisturiser? I scare mine is not moisturise enough n scare my face will crack...

annabella

Hi Jeslin,
I'm not sure if ski pant will helps. Most of us feel coldness on our hands and feet/leg (the body is always well protected with outer coat). So it's best that you can get a good pair of gloves, long socks. When the wind blow, the face can numb within minutes, I use scarf to protect my face, you can wear face mask (selling everywhere in korea).

I think the feet heat pad is smaller. I brought mine at OG. I use my daily skin care product (demalogica) and have no problem with my (dry and sensitive skin) face. It helps putting on hydrating face mask daily.

shimaro

Wingo Travel -6D Korea 21 Jul $748 + $265 Taxes = $1013 only per pax..come and join....

cos need another 5 pax to be a confirm tour

Pls PM me if you need more details

i not earning anything