King Koil Mattress. Any Advise?

jellybeans

I am currently looking for a mattress and was wondering if anyone has any comments on King Koil mattresses? I was thinking of buying the one for back care. Would appreciate advise as have to make decision to buy a mattress very soon. Other brands' comments also very much appreciated.

Rgds, jellybeans

ssl

Hi jellbeans

i'm also looking at mattress and beframe.
was at robinson city hall and taka last week and saw many promos for mattress. and the sales lady at robinson told me this weekend got promo for this brand called Theraputic. it's manufactured by 4 star using swiss technology. chim hor.

there is another thread on simmoms mattress in this forum which u may want to check it out. But i feel (not slept) on the kingkoil mattress and find that it's abit harder than simmoms.

And the taka sales lady told me that probably in one or two weeks time simmoms may have promo again.

so try to look out the papers.

K

kk

All,

I am only getting my bed next year but will also like to have some advice.

I saw the thread on simmons and it seems to be very good!

ssl

alot of promos going on now cos it's GSS.
happy.gif
just in time for my wedding
hehehe

jellybeans

Hi SSL,

Don't really know much about the mattress & haven't tried the Simmons mattress so can't really compare. But when I was back in S'pore in May, there was a roadshow by Kingkoil in Parkway Parade so I tried sitting on the beds and thot it was not too bad. I must admit that the beds are firmer though. Anyway still in HK right now but going back to S'pore again for my bridal fitting(with details on). Will do my EG also in that appt. Abit late hor? Me also scared not enough time to try the EG before photoshoot in mid July cos' will be in S'pore only for a week before coming back to HK again. After my appt, will be going to Jess for my facial. It's quite frustrating becos' of my schedule, the peelactic treatments that I have with Jess is always on the System 1 and never get to progress. "sigh". Pollution here so bad my face keeps breaking out and after that, the scars are pretty visible.
BTW, how's your wedding preps coming along since our dates are pretty close together. If I remember correctly, your day is 24th Sept?
Nice chatting with you again.

Rgds, jellybeans

B

banet

The best place to shop for mattress is during Deco shows at mostly Expo, or sometimes Suntec.

Robinson, Metro, IMM etc do carry mattress but price abit higher. Can go there survey first, but don't buy there.

Heard that KingCoil is assembled in Singapore, dunno how true.

Personally I bought SlumberLand during one of the home shows at Expo. Originally $1k+, after discount, got near to $800. Open date, anytime can collect. Just hope they don't close shop
happy.gif

Simmon mattress quite expensive. There's a Simmon showrm downstairs of Piket & Rail @ MPH house. Alot of ranges, go take a look.

banet

K

kk

Banet,

Oh really? Deco shows will have better bargains for mattress?
But i seldom see simmons at shows. I dun know whether i have missed it.

SSL,

Looks like u can go for deco shows instead of just book fairs.. hahaa..

kpo

hi,

kingkoil mattresses are among the firmest. check out Roland's (West coast)..their prices are very reasonable...& i believe much lower than what u can find elsewhere.

ssl

Hi jellybeans

u have good memory.
happy.gif
yes my wedding is 24 sept. Have just finished photoshoot and selected my photos for the album. going to send cards for printing this sat. having food tasting in July. so now shopping and looking around for mattress and bedframes. heeehee

Hi banet

How would u rate the comfyness bet SImmoms and Slumberland?? Thks for the info on the Simmons Gallery at Stamford House. will check it out.

Hi KPO

Does Roland sells alot of diff brands of mattress? do they have Simmoms?? How long can they hold my order? cos i will only be needing the bed in mid sept.

you have their exact address and contact no.

kpo

no..roland doesn't sell simmons.
they've kingkoil, sealy, magickoil, dunlopillo, edinburgh, fourstar. the address is Blk 501 West Coast Dr.

we bought all our mattresses from there. the prices are quite good. can try to negotiate further.

jes

SSL

Rolands Furniture is at Blk 501, West Coast Drive #01-300.
tel: 7732311 / 7730211

their mattresses price is cheaper than dept store

B

banet

Hi all,

Come to think of it, I really don't recall seeing Simmons during Deco shows! Perhaps it's to maintain their high-class image. To me, I think Simmon brand mattress is higher class.

Hi kk,

During Deco show, the price is actually bargain-able. THis will depends on your skill. I recall seeing a "space-age" rubber that can retain the shape of your body after u get up, during a show. When I say I wanna consider, that lady immediately say she can give me abit more discount... so u know lah. But I'm not sure abt other, more reputable brands thou.

Hi SSL,

I never get to compare Simmons mattress with other brands matterss. To me, regardless of brands, as the price gets higher into the $1k and above range, the comfortness is more of less reach saturation point. Meaning to say, most mattress will be comfortable enough such that u can't tell the difference. it's only the degree of firm-ness that you can choose from their different series/ranges.

banet

ssl

Hi jes

i've bought my mattress and bedframe today at anchorpoint. it was a surprise find for us cos we didnt expect to find them there.

Anyway for full "story" u can check out the thread unders Simmons.

happy.gif

siegeperilous

I bought King Coil Mr America Extra Firm from Rolands. The head board was great. (Have not delivered mine though...)
However, on a personal note, I prefer Slumberland similar range.

S

sleepwell

Hi siegeperilious,
Personally, I feel that the Mr America Extra Firm mattress is too hard. Did you try lying onto the mattress and toss around for about 5 to 15 minutes for testing, just like that you will do when you sleep? If you didn't, most likely you will find that this mattress is too hard after only one week of sleeping on it.

mio

Hi, I juz got a king koil divan set from aero furnishing. The model name is orthotonic I..but I check the web and look thru the whole forum, couldn't find this model...thinking if I was conned by them...It is very firm and the mattress costs $1450 (after 50% discount) and the divan costs $1000, it is not very ex..but feel cheated if there is no such model by king koil...anyone got any comments? Or anyone out there using orthotonic? Thank you

priviledged

Dear mio,
Don't worry too much. We had the same question too. According to the King Koil agent, every store that sells King Koil has unique model names. When they supply to the different stores, the stores have to name the models differently. Thus, Metro and Robinsons and Aero etc may actually sell the same model but their names will be totally different. It's a strange policy, but when they look at the model name, they'll know where you purchased it.

The only way to compare is to compare the price ranges. Actually $1450 (after 50%) seems quite a lot. You must have bought the top of the line model. We bought our King Koil from Metro in Sengkang during a promotion for $760 for a King Sized Orthopedic model. It was a middle-range model.

pinocchio

Dear mio,
For such price, I think you have bought a pocketed spring mattress. Have you checked with them how many springs are there in the mattress. Usuallly it should have at least 800.

mio

Hi Privilegded and pinocchio,

Thank you for the assurance, I'm not sure how many springs are there in the mattress, but I know it's the best mattress that aero carry for king koil. We find it quite expensive after I've gone to Harvey Norman and compared prices yesterday. King Koil divan sets Harvey Norman is selling are around $900 to 1500, now then we realise...but we cannot refund anymore. They made us pay $1450 deposit..and they said it's a must...SIGH

riksnake

Hi Mio,
Do not worry, I am sure you got a really high end mattresses. Like what pinocchio mentioned, it seems only the deposit is different. I just found out on Monday from the sale staff from Robinson. His name is Kahlib and very friendly.

Top end King Koil is very expensive, my friends will confirm his order of bed frame and mattress from King Koil. Model is something like Visorelastic if I am not wrong. all in all that comes to about over 2K plus. But the form is not ordinary, spring and the design are all vast enhancement from older matress.

That is all after 40% discount so you know what you pay is not cheated, beside he can arrange for delivery up to a year later. as for deposit, he require only S$50.00.

Hope you feel better.

Regards

blueblue

Hi rik

Do u know whether yr friend bought king or queen size? My husband bought a mattress fr Robinson 3 mths ago but he paid almost $3K & that is excluding the bed frame..

It has viso in it but the name is something else..

elinwokk

there is a shop at marina near barang barang and they claim they sell the cheapest king koil mattresses around. i am not sure if its true but when i was windown shopping last month for frames they said that. just thought it may help all looking for cheapest value for money same item king koil mattress.

keypers

hi
Anyone over here bought their mattress from Robinson?
I went to Robinson today, Fell inlove with a Memory Foam ViscoElastic mattress. The cost is about 2k ++++

anyone using that? Anyone know what quote it belongs too? How is it?
All the salesman gave me was UP presidential

Also saw 1 that is Visoelastic + Latax + Spring and it cost 4k!!!! oh my but super comforty

thanks!!

lilacgal

hi davi

I tik king koil is hving 50% sale now, not sure whether it is island wide....i hv tried this king koil ViscoElastic spring mattress and it costs close to 3K (king size) after discount...it has this sink-in feeling once u lie on the bed (i heard this visco material is a very expensive material...Tempur mattress r also made of this visco material)

Not sure if i hv tried the same Visco mattress as u...there is also a Latex spring mattress which is also soft and comfortable...but the feeling is different from Visco...

As for the visco + latex + spring...not sure abt this, hv not tried it before.......4K is after discount? Wow! But i believe with all these materials, the bed is super comforty........
happy.gif

keypers

Dear Lilacgal

Hmm,the 50% king koil sale where is it at?
Is it at Robinson?
I think the king kong mattress we want are in-house brand for robinson.

Do let me know

Thanks heaps!!!!!

lilacgal

i was at this king koil shop (2nd floor) at thomson plaza....not sure if now sale still on......u all can try...
happy.gif

fr wat i understand, the mattress material are actually the same except for each king koil agent they may package the mattress differently with differnt model name (like the same mattress, wat u see in robinsons has a different name from wat u see in courts....)

price wise i dunno i hv yet to check how much exactly robinsons sells for this visco elastic...courts i saw sold it for $3999 king size....

keypers

dear lilacgal

hmm, not too sure leh, from what i understand, and i have asked those outside shops to check with the agent, they said that they are not allowed to sell what robinson selling because it is their in-house model.

Yes, they may have the same visco elastic but the thickness is different??

We went to Marina Square king koil shop to try their visco elastic but can't seem to get it right?

Alrightly, now we will head to thomson plaza! yeah!!! thanks!!

Robinson visco elastic during the sale i saw was 2.4k for queen size
and there is one more a mixture of 3 different layers is 4k plus

lilacgal

halo davi,

the thickness of the visco elastic mattress is higher than the standard pocketed spring mattress...so when u get bedsheet need to take down the mattress measurement to get the exact ones...the standard bedsheet won't fit...

i still tik they only hv 1 visco elastic model leh....just than each agent may hv their own special 'in-house' name for the mattress....
happy.gif

u may wat to call this thomson plaza outlet at 6454 0858 or IMM outlet at 6565 6685 to check with them.....cheers!

keypers

Yo Lilacgal!

thanks!!!! if there is cheaper ones I want hee :p
thanks for the numbers!!!! :p :p :p

will be waiting for your robinson update!

you have msn? add me @ [email protected]

lilacgal, you got ur bed already huh?

lilacgal

hihi davi
happy.gif

ok i tik robinsons after all the discount for the mattress, the price is quite good, the guy quoted me 2.6k++ for the visco elastic king size....yup i saw the 3 diff layers mattress u mentioned...i must say they are extremely deluxe models lor (found in 6 stars hotels kind).....

so i tik it is quite a gd deal to get the mattress fr robinsons, he mentioned something abt price guarantee also...means if u confirm the order now but not yet delivered and the price of the mattress fluctuates, robinsons will guarantee tat u will pay the lowest price upon delivery....

yup i hv added u to msn liao.......

xfiles_wolvie

Hi all,

We bought King Koil (KK) matteress recently from KK gallery at MArina square opposite barang barang which is also above levis. we went to other places before as well but not much. Wat i learn from buying mattress is dun rely on the model of the bed. cos different places have different models and u can nvr compare the models from different shops. just feel it.

Jeannie served us initially when we went there in March. we wanted to market survey 1st. so was recommended the display set and we lie on it. since my wife is not so particular on bed, I became the sole decision maker in this. I m picky abt bed. (Of cos, individual preferences on beds) I lie on it and was like not bad leh. can consider. after asking on the price, and the promo, quite a gd steal. 1.7k++ with free super single divan bedframe with KK matteress and also that divan have a additional metal structure for you to pull out from the bottom of the bed and comes also with a KK matteress but is single. she even can help u with the wines if u r getting married. cos her coli, a younger lady just got married in jan or feb. so she gt that contact. it turns out the contact is parker's wine. another hot fave in this forum. hehe.

We wanted smething like tat for the guest room so decided to kiv this place as our reno is nt yet started. we went back in jun during GSS of cos, and ask if the promo is still on. she said yes. so we gotten the whole package as it is in march ( i tink). It was delivered accordingly and up to my satisfaction. my package includes 1 queen bed, 1 super single bed, 1 single bed, the free super single divan with the single-sized metal structure that can be extended and bring up to be on the same level as the divan, 2 pillows, 2 mattress protector (single size dun hve). I tink thats all.

Her service is good, the delivery time will be settled on the spot when u pay in the shop. she said the delivery guys will most likely be late. so no ned to wait so early for them. True enuff, with the timing of 9-1pm, the delivery guys call me at 1255pm. and said coming in 15mins. when they came, they fixed the divan and delivered all items without any issue.

Recommended by me based on my experience. This shop price is not really cheap compare to elsewhere...but like i said, depends on ur feel, cant compare models. The model i bought, i did not see it anywhere else based on my previous searching.

charlesphoon

Visco-elastic is actually from Tempur.They are the only ones who are certified by NASA..The rest of the companies are actually copying Tempur.....If you are looking for a very comfortable mattress(not luxurious) then try Tempur....

hapict

charles
i also love tempur after having tested it just once at furniture mall. it really moulded itself to fit your body contours n it was really really good but 5k+++ for king sized mattress a bit too much for FH to accept.. *sigh*

charlesphoon

Hi hapict you can actually get a Tempur 12cm King size at $3299 before 10% discount.It comes with 2 free pillow now during GSS....
You may want to check this website for mattress pricing.... Their Tempur prices are before 10% so you can have an idea how much it will cost.... www.hommage-furniture.com