Justice of Peace-Prof Yu Shi Ming

carolchan80

Hi ebearz,

How you manage to convince Prof Yu?
I have tried asking him but he mentioned that he can confirm only in Jul. Kindly seek your advice pls

Cheers
Carol

ebearz

hi Carol,

actually my FH is the one who contacted him.. Prof Yu asked my FH to email him, believed after he checked his schedule, he replied and said that he has penciled down our request, and to confirm with him again when the ROM registration opens in Aug.. hmmm.. this is considered that he will be our solemnizer right?

your solemnization date is in Oct? is it cos of the NUS exams may crash with your chosen date?

rinnie

Hi ya, me also getting Prof Yu to be my solemnisation..same process..he also asked me to email him and told me to confirm with him again 3 mths before..guess this should be safe ba....

rinnie

My ROM's together with my banquet on 3 Dec..so I guess will call him some time in Sept again.. what about u ebearz? I originally wanted to get Mr Chan after hearing all the gd comments about him but when I called last week, he was already booked..so I called Prof Yu.=)

ebearz

our rom is on 11 Nov.. also wanted to get Mr Chan in the first place.. but he couldn't make it for our date.. so in the end, we get Prof Yu.. =)

jsim15

hi galz..if Prof Yu says he pencil now ..he will really follow up cos i book him at least 6mths ago & he actually email mi whether my date still confirm anot..dun worry

tokyoboyz

hi guys..
i email prof yu..but i m afraid he cant make it cos my rom is on dec...is it kinda rush..now i m thinking of other options..any help?

koko_coco

Hi all.. I've invited Prof Yu to solemnise my ROM.. Called him early April for my ROM in early July.. When I called him, he said to email him instead.. I told him the date and details of my ROM and he confirmed that he will be available to be my solemniser within a few days.. Very quick response from Prof Yu..

ebearz

oic.. since he mentioned that he has penciled down our requests, then should be okie.. don't worry too much.. =)

kfkbmel

Hi,

How much does it cost to invite a solemniser to solemnise your ROM at an outdoor venue? I'm kind of interested in asking Prof Yu too but I heard from some relatives that it's really expensive to invite them to solemnise. Also, how do you pay them?

rinnie

Hi kfkbmel, it doesn't cost a lot to invite them, by ROM standards, we should give them $28. However, most ppl would probably give a little more...also, if you're having a dinner after that, it's always nice to invite them to stay behind..it's given thru Ang Bao...

ngfifi

Hi kfkbmel

A lot of old folks have the thinking that its very ex to engage a JP to solemnize at your banquet area

However, its not a must do to give extra AP to ur JP as a token of appreciation

Like wat Rinnie says, ROM website only states that u need to pay $28 for the paperwork and procedures.

Also, most JP wld nt stay for the dinner but it wld be courtesy to just invite them

princess_fifi

Hi gals,

Help... i cant find a JP.
I called up Mr Chan, Mr Koh & even Prof Yu and three of them are fully booked on my day and the timing i need
sad.gif

Can anyone recommand me another other JP who is good, friendly and humorous?
I need someone biliguial (English & Chinese)

Thanks

puffykel

It's very up to individual. If you are being stretched by all the wedding expenditure, a $28 ang bao should be able to cover their transportation.
Being a Soleminiser is not a part of their jobs.
As professionals, they sacrifice their time to bless us and making it a memorable occasion. I know they are not doing it for the money but I personally will give more than $28. I am not rich. I am quite tight actually. Again, it is my personal opinion.
happy.gif

xixi0310

Hey ppl

Yeah my JP also yu shi ming..response very fast...my rom will be on jan 12..tink he willing to conduct our ceremony so we shd gif him more than 28..we will gif ard 50..me n bf nt rich either..summore we spend quite alot on rom and need to save for our wedding
happy.gif

blissful_jas

Hi,

My ROM will be held in June 2008 and I intend to invite Prof Yu as my solemniser. Will it be too early for me to invite him now?

xixi0310

hi blissful

ya too early..he will ask u email him 3 mths b4 ur rom day..tts wad happen between me n my boy..y dun 4 mths b4 ur rom day u email him see hw

blissful_jas

Hi Joyce,

Thanks for your advice. I'll email him 4 mths in advance then.

Btw, may I know why Prof Yu is so popular? Is he as humourous and nice as David Loh? Did you girls arrange for an emcee to announce your entrance?

xixi0310

hi blissful..

i duno y my bf chose him leh..maybe cuz he is a prof ba

Hi grace
i tink u can drop him an email..he responnd very fast one..hehe

auntyoink

Hi there

Anyone has Prof Yu's email? Where can i locate it? Any other recommendations? My AD is on 19 July so thought i should start looking nw

xixi0310

Hi ppl

I just had my rom last sat; 12 Jan..
My JP was PRof YU Shi ming..I strongly recommend him..
HE is a very humourous JP..Reali very very funny..ANd he can conducts the ceremony in both eng and chn..hehe..

He will guide us wad to do softly during the ceremony and create jokes..STrongly recommedn him.. HE made my ceremony very enjoyable..
anything can email me: [email protected]

shybride

Hello,

my htb just called Prof Yu this afternoon.. our AD is 3 June.. but Prof Yu said it's too early to ask him now.. told us to call him in 1-2 months' time.. probably going to search for other JPs now so that we can confirm one earlier..

piyoiscute

Hi,

Besides Prof Yu, there is mention of this Mr Chan. May I know the full name? I'm sourcing for a good JP for my wedding in Sep 08.

leejeslyn

i wrote an email to Prof Yu during Jan for his availiabilty on 4th Oct to be our solemiser but he mentioned it is much too early...asked me to contact him 3 mths b4...

i wrote to him again last week but he told me he's not available!
sad.gif

This is veri disappointing cos i know my AD is a hot date tat's y im being KS to ask him early but now he told me he cant make it...so sad...

jule

Jeslyn, dont be sad. I guess he could be tied up with other commitments such as work, thus he would rather confirm with you closer to the date.

Now still got time to find other JP.