Jurong West Ave 3

dollyrac

Hi, I was wondering if you guys have any problems with pest on the walls? I live at Blk 276B. there seems to be small mites on the walls near the windows but I'm note too sure what that is. Any ppl with the same problems. Just moved in onli
sad.gif

vividz

pest on the wall? so far haven't see, maybe can check with Angel, cos u two just stay next block to each other. When I moved in I saw lot of ants, after buying those combat for ants, not so much now. my side currently doing painting, so my hse become dirty very easily. yesterday I went downstair, the smell of their paint quite smelly, sour sour smelly, like kept for very long ald.

Ashley, I tried walking from Boon Lay MRT back hm too, after midnite show, hee hee, I took abt 20-25min, hee hee. =P

xuer21

hey guys... need some advice.. anyone renovate ur toilets too? as in hacking the floor tiles and changing the doors... can advise me roughly how much?????

puffykel

Harlow guys... sorry I've been missing for sometime. Was really busy preparing for house & wedding. Last Saturday was my wedding dinner. Super last minute preps. Heng everything went smoothly. I moved in on Monday... it has been a week. Wah piang, I also hate hanging my clothes to dry. I tink my neighbours living above has no washing machine. All the clothes she hangs out drips water onto mineeeee...arghh
I stay blk 273B... super no sunlight. dunno where to dry my clothes. at least iris your house should have plenty of sunlight. i am also considering walking home from mrt... it looks near. but 25mins.. wah... haha... maybe only on saturdays.

vividz

kel, i got the same prob as u too. my neighbours also drips water from upstair and even can throw things down, so i dun dare to dry my clothes. my side not much sunlight onli, mine is corner side, my kitchen window can see ur block kitchen too, mine it's the one block by my own block so no wind and sunlight. only can see the carpark from my rooms. I also just move in last week.
happy.gif

witch

Even though my house has not much sunlight, our clothes still dry pretty fast when we hang them up inside the kitchen. Of course it would be great if my clothes get some sunlight but i would rather not risk it cos my neighbour upstairs hang their dripping clothes everyday. I pity the poor neighbours below me whose clothes kerna the dripping from upstairs all the time.

witch

To update the list:

@ Jurong West Ave 3

Witch - 274A
Vividz - 273A
Angel_77 - 276C
dollyrac - 276B
xuer21 - 275D
puffykel - 273B

angel_77

HI,

Im Back... I oso discover lot of ants in my hse too, even tots i sweep n mop my floor everyday. As for small mites, izzit small small one, look alike like ant but abit white white? I got this prob oso... I oso discover the nest at the sofa, i wonder is tat ant or white mites. I use the combats for ant oso, all killed.

witch

I have another prob now....missing newspapers! Anyone has your newspapers stolen every morning also?

puffykel

Hey Iris, haha... we are the same... I also can see the carpark from all my windows.. Invited some relatives to see my house and they commented ppl can look into my house from the carpark. My windows also face alot of corners from my own block n the carpark. They commented that fengshui no good lar. Wah. Anyone knows what should I do to prevent the corners thingy? These kinda comments really affect me, I better put earplugs during my house warming...hehe if i hold one.
Angel, I also have those little mites and some ants in my kitchen. I juz squeeze them wif my finger. yikes. you very *gao lat* lor, sweep and mop everyday... I mop like 2 times a wk the most and vacumm alternate days. My hair is all over the floor.
Ashley, did you call the agent to check if they did send u newspapers?

vividz

hi kel, so far no one comment tat my hse facing lot of corners not gd, so I dun care. which floor u staying? i stay 8th flr higher than the carpark so at least got some wind coming into my master bedroom. If u want to know how to prevent it's better to get a fengshi guy to take a look but u might need to change most of ur layout of ur furniture and etc, super troublesome.

Ashley, I dun order newspaper so I'm not sure but the other day i overhead my neighbours talking abt shoes missing. my living room near corridor so always can hear ppl talking.

witch

Hello neighbours...happy new year!

We have checked with the newspaper agent and they told us to note down the dates when the papers are missing. Nowadays it's a bit better, no more missing newspapers.

For countering the sharp corners, I heard from some ppl that you can place plants in your house that faces the sharp corners. My BIL commented that our fengshui is not very good too...cos of the sharp corners from the opp block but HDB flats are mostly like that, so can't be helped.

puffykel

i juz went to a crystal shop today at 492 market.
bought 4 small mirrors with red words and drawings on it. the lady boss said they can reflect back the corners. cost me about 5bucks each. i tink my hubby will freak out if he noe i bought tis. :p

vividz

Happy New Year & Happy Birthday to everyone today.

Kel, wat red words and drawings are on it? I know from fengshui point, mirror can be gd and bad, so I dun dare to have too many mirror at hm. I saw my friend put a empty CD, quite interesting, i tink is the same as using mirror too, so creative. I have an amulet beside the door to help prevent problem cos my neighbour's door and my door are facing each other, I bought it from jurong point crystal shop.

I also not sure where are the shape corners, I tink i saw quite a few but can't confirm so I didn't really bother. my friend just told me tat her master bedroom is facing the sharp corner tat's y she always so tired after waking up. I forgot wat she told me wat she did to counter this ald.=P

witch

Last night, there were some ppl burning joss papers in the neighbourhood...did anyone noticed? The smoke were pretty strong cos I can see it outside my window even though I'm on the 7th floor.. and the burning smell was very strong too. This morning, found some ashes in the house cos we didn't close the windows...there's also a yellow joss paper that flew up and landed on my balcony.

vividz

ya, I smell it too. they were praying for the 9th day of cny, I know it so once I smell it I asked my husband to close all the windows. this morning I walked to gek poh shopping centre, I saw many joss paper and sugar cane on the floor too.

puffykel

i smell it too. very very strong. next day, ashes were all on the sides of my window. i quickly wipe them off in case wind blows and all ashes fly in. the red wordings arh... in chinese... left side is yue(moon) right side is re(day?) and several pretty chim words with pictures of mountain.

vividz

oic, I nvr see this mirror before. so had ur hubby saw those mirror? if i bought those mirror, my hubby will freak out too, i tink he won't let me put those.

puffykel

havent. my dad will be helping to drill holes and put hook so i can hang. stoopid 7th floor everytime drip water. my hubby pants was almost drying but went half wet when they hang theirs. her house really no washing machine. i bought a standing hanging clothes thingy. decided to hang them along the corridors.

vividz

I also have two standing hanging clothes thing, I put them at one of the empty bedroom for drying clothes cos my kitchen there no sunlight also, those above me also dun have washing machine.

angel_77

My neighbour upsrair more worst, they throw down a spoonful of porridge down n stain on my clothes. I only found out aft it is dry, n by the time i found out, it is oreadi dry n harden liao.... I was so angry until feel like going up to say them. Cos it is not the 1st time oreadi. Sometime they smoke by the window, n throw ash dwn. Wind beri big n blow all the ash into my window. Lucky no cigrette brutt, or else my carpet on fire liao... Orange eat liao, the tissue with seed oso throw dwn n stain on the window. I think the only safe way is to close all my window at all time, but that i will zhi4 xi1 er2 si3, hahaha.... Haiz... nowasay keep raining too, clothes didnt get sunlight i dun dare to keep in cupbroad

vividz

oh, so bad huh? I dun tink local ppl will be so bad, must be some of those foreign family too used to their living habits. my neighbour upstair also always smoke by the window, then the smell blow to my room, can't tahan, always need to close window. now i seem dry my clothes outside cos scare later got ppl anyhow throw things.

I noticed both my toilets always get dirty easily, dun know y. the floor, the basin, the toilet bowl everything got dirty within 1-2days. Few days ago, I found some stains on my toilet floor, dun know which insects passed by, so scary. did u all encounter toilet always get dirty easily?

puffykel

My toilet too. No matter how I wash(the floors)... it'll be dirty the moment me or my hubby steps in. HDB toilet floors... super prone to dirt. I seldom open the windows of my house. The other day I swept instead of vacumn cuz I was in a hurry. Was in a shock when I swept up so much dust! I had actually vacumnned the pevious day. Too much dust in our area. Now I know we are stepping on alot of dust everyday. Dunno if it is because of the many large vehicles from industry areas passing by?

puffykel

Angel, looking at your pics again, I am using white table top in the kitchen. They are kinda driving me crazy. Very easily stain. Do you have the same problem? Some are easily removed by dish liquid... but some stubborn ones I have to use terpertine(dunno how to spell) leh. YOurs?? Oh by the way... I complained about the 7th floor always hanging dripping clothes the other time, they probably strike lottery. Their unit came in 2nd prize. Wah lau...

m57

Kel, I can totally understand you frustrstion on the dust part. Though I sm not staying in your area but I have been experiencing the same prob too. 10min after mopping the floor, I can use my hand to fee; the grainy stuffs on the floors already. So irritating. The only wide-opened windows are at the kitchen then still got such prob.

m57

With the stains...I wipe them off immediately with detergent or stain remover. Me using white surface top too. Will the terpentine be harsh on the kitchen top material not?

vividz

ya,I also dun understand how the dust came into the toilets, even my toilet bowl also like tat, the toilet bowl kept on having dirty water stains, wash and wash also will come out, wondering how come the water for flushing so dirty? dun even dare to image on, hee hee.

xuer21

hai... mine not only dirty and dusty... dunno y my wooden furniture always got those Mould at the sides ... then my husband says it might be due to too much water vapour in the air... so sian.. always got to wipe and wipe... going crazy soon...

xuer21

so sian le... then recently got ants also.. all because of some idiots who threw rotten wood outside my flat near the stair landing... hope no termites le..... so worry......

witch

Anyone of you engage part time helpers to clean your house? Am thinking of getting one to come over to my house once a week or fortnight. Hubby and I are hopeless with housework!

xuer21

ya i got engage.. 4 hrs whole house wipe windows, displays, doors, cabinets outside, toilets, floor for $50... she use to work for my mother ... and is now helping to clean my house and my sis... quite a friendly lady from china...

m57

Michelle, is the part time maid from China used to bond by an agency? Cos usually, its about $10/hr for part timers eh. If she's already helping out with ya mum and sis so thought she would charge a better rate. Just wonder only.

Think my hubby is rotating his those house work by weekly or bi-monthly. Can save cost in long term. Good also to hire part timer if they are trustworthy and done a really clean job.

xuer21

She charges $12/hr.. cos its ard the market rate now le... last time is $10.. but its quite clean or maybe i like her way of cleaning lo...

How many times u wanna clean is up to u... but normally u can tell her how long u wan her to clean.. i always clean 4 hrs at a go.. but only once a mth...

Ya.. she is from china.. dun think she is bond by agency... she also charge my sis 12/hr..

witch

once a month? that's what I wanted for my house too... cos hubby and i will still do our cleaning weekly...just that it would be better to get a "pro" to really help us clean the house when are we busy / tired.

I called a part time help before and told her if she can help us once a month and she exclaimed that it's tough cos to clean once a month means the house would be very dirty and she is not too keen.

vividz

if your hubby and u will be cleaning weekly, I dun tink will be tat dirty, I guess she finds it's too little money to clean a hse for just once a mth, maybe she prefer weekly type.

xuer21

ya i agree with iris_met.. cos my sis also ask the aunty to come once a mth or sometimes even once every 2 mths.. she still comes le... sometimes she works for more slightly more than 4 hrs.. she will just accept $50 only.. that is for the aUNTY who is working for me and my sis la...

if u wan to try.. then i can email u her contacts..

vividz

wondering if u all had heard dog barking for quite a while almost every nite, so irriating. now I'm hearing it again, wondering wat happen to the owner, just let the dog bark like tat, nvr teach the dog properly, or might be the owner nvr let it eat tat's y kept barking. sigh.. now still barking, so poor thing.

v4l3n

the flat right below mine own a dog and is always barking!! midnite also bark n alot times make me wan to call police. By hearing the way the dog bark, the own must have locked the dog in the toliet! Imagine masterbed room is so near to the kitchen toliet!

vividz

I can understand how disturbing it can be, which block u stay? I also can't stand those ppl upstair or downstair smoking. I can even smell it at my living room and study room, so smelly.

xuer21

Does any one of ur house actually get dusty easily... my house hor.. very easily dusty one.. sianz... clean until i also tired..

witch

mine also! dust and moulds!....and there are spiders in my house too...those with small body and long skinny legs. How do I get ride of them once and for all?

xuer21

wah Ashley,
sama sama... my moulds are giving me a BIG BIG prob... so tired of cleaning and cleaning.. spiders i've yet to see... dust hor.. just a few days nv clean.. the floor is powdery and.. walk a bit my leg beneath... becomes black!!! not kua zhang but its the truth... sian...