JP ADVICE NEEDED URGENTLY-

yon

Hi all, I am getting rom in 4 weeks time and i'm urgently looking for a good JP. Does all JP make you write your own vows and do they meet you before the actually day itself?

Can those who have engaged JP please recommend? Ideally I would like one that makes us write our own vows and meet up with us before the actual day. Thanks!!!! Help!!!

dylan

Hi teddy,

I also replied to you in another thread. Personally, if you ask me, I would recommend Mr Chia Ti Yu who did for us 2 months ago. I found him by calling randomly from the Additional Solemnisers list after I tried calling all the popular ones recommended here but none was available on the slot we wanted.

He met up with us and gave us a full run through of what the proceedings will be like and even a copy summary of proceedings and vows for us to consider for customisation. He also told us each of the segment where we could ask for customisation to suit our needs.

Hence, my recommendation would definitely be Mr Chia if anyone is to ask me.

yon

Hi all,

I have confirmed my solemniser. He is Mr Yeo Woon Soo. Spoken to him this morning and he sounds really friendly and helpful. Will be meeting him soon to go through the process. Really glad that there is someone taking this whole ROM thing as serious as I do.

Not so sure about all the famous JP. I have spoken to one but he just told me to do this n that...doesn't seem to be bothered. Anyway, thats my opinion. Mrs Chia is the only JP that I know and is also serious about the whole matter. Unfortunately she can't do it for me as she will be out of the country.

gracelourdes

so glad that i've managed to get Mr Chia (as recommended by Dylan) to do the ROM for us also...he's very nice and responsible...

like wat Teddy wanted, ialso prefer one that would allow us write our own vows and meet up with us before the actual day so that we would know wat to expect before the ROM...

dylan

Hi, As I received a number of PMs to share my experience, I thought that I would be easier if I post my experience here.

Basically, I found Mr Chia by calling randomly after trying all the other JPs mentioned in the forum were not available on the slot we wanted.

The 1st impression we got while speaking over the phone is that he is extremely friendly and approachable. You get that friendly feeling like a friend talking to you not someone with authority talking down to you.

After he confirmed from his schedule that he is available to solemnise for us, he then asked us whether we have checked out the steps to follow up for our solemnisation and gave us a detailed run-through of what we needed to do and prepare. Thereafter he email us the same instructions in an email so that we can follow-up on it. He also send us a summary of proceedings for the whole ceremony and gave us the choice of customising our vows(which we chose not to).

Prior to the actual date we met up to sign the consent form and he spent about 30 minutes talking to us giving us time to clarify whatever we needed and well as sharing some tips which came very helpful to us.

On the actual day, he came half an hour earlier to have a short rehearsal and run through every thing with us before the actual ceremony.

He even went the extra step to ask for the service staffs to standby to pull and push the chairs at junctures which we need to be seated or stand. He also reminded us to pose for pictures during ring exchange and signing so that all these important moments could be captured.

He also accomodated to our last minute request to change the proceedings to mandarin although we had previously requested for english. He noted that we are nervous and gave us time to relax before commencing. After the ceremony and before the pronoucing of man & wife, he also gave us a meaningful sharing on maintaining a blissful and happy marriage and family.

Basically, both me and my wife are very touched by his attentativeness as he has made us felt important and that he is taking all steps to make sure that the whole ceremony runs smoothly and that he makes it memorable for us.

In essence, no regrets and Thumbs Up!

Other couples who have been solemnised by Mr Chia, you may want to share your experience too.

sleepygal79

hi all, i m planning for my ROM on May. Location not confirm yet. But suppose say I am to hold it at the registry, do I have to choose the JP or any one of the JP will be allocated to us?

mr__mrs_ng

hi sleepygal

if im not wrong, if up you hold your ROM at the registry centre itself, the centre will allocate a JP for you.

sleepygal79

hi ladies and gentlemen, may I know what is the price ranges do JP & solemnisers like Mr Yeo Woon Soo, Mr Chia Ti Yu and Mrs Chia (not sure what's her full name) charges? Thanks.

sleepygal79

hi ladies and gentlemen, may I know what is the price ranges do JP & solemnisers like Mr Yeo Woon Soo, Mr Chia Ti Yu and Mrs Chia (not sure what's her full name) charges? Thanks.

yon

Hi sleepygal,

First of all Mrs Chia's full name is Chia Swee Tin.

Secondly, there are no specific price range. ROM suggest for the couples to give around $28 to cover the JP's transport cost but most couples would give $48, $68 or $88 or more. Its totally up to the couple's own discretion. I think I hear somee couple never give any money but invited the JP for dinner. (Not too sure about that) Therefore, there is no hard and fast rule about how much they cost.

yon

Personally, I have spoken to all 3 (Mr Chia, Mr Yeo and Mrs Chia)and Mrs Chia will definately be my first choice but alas she would not be in SIngapore during my ROM. After speaking to both Mr Chia and Mr Yeo, I find Mr Yeo speaks clearer and sound more confident. He is also very friendly and explain the whole process to me. Will be meeting him soon with my FH!!! Will see!

sleepygal79

Hi all, happy new year.

Other than those 3 mentioned JPs, are there any more recommended JPs? Just started to search for one. Have decided to hold mine outside the registry. Haiz, too little time left for so many things.

sleepygal79

Hi all, happy new year.

Other than those 3 mentioned JPs, are there any more recommended JPs? Just started to search for one. Have decided to hold mine outside the registry. Haiz, too little time left for so many things.

sleepygal79

Hi Justina, normally how long do you have to wait before Mr Chia responds to your email? Had just written to him this morning and I am curious of his response time. Thanks.

sleepygal79

Hi all, just curious that what are the areas that needs to be checked with the JPs when u first meet up? Could someone advise? Thanks. I will be meeting Mr Yeo Woon Soo tml evening?

sleepygal79

Hi all, I have met up with Mr Yeo already. He is a nice guy. Made to right choice to have him as our solemnizer. Thumbs up.

Looking forward to the actual day of the solemenization ceremony in May.

yon

Hi Sleepygal, I had my ROM already n Mr Yeo is fantastic. He made us feel at ease and everything well smoothly! As you already know he is very dedicated and takes the time to explain to you n your FH what the procedures will be and the importance of a marriage. I wish you all the best for your Wedding/ROM..

dylan

Hi Amy Lee,

If I remember correctly, he is also from the grassroots in Pasir Ris but his name is under the Additional Solemnisers list.

I was trying to contact all the recommended JPs in the forum as was rejected as all of them could not make it. So I tried the Additional Solemniser's List, as mine was done at Aranda Country Club, I decided to choose a solemniser from the same postal district of 51XXXX which is the Pasir Ris postal district. If I am not wrong, he is the only one in that district.

yapvan

Hi Dylan,

Yeah, do agree with you abour Mr. Chia. He is really nice person. He gave me some precious info. about ROM procedure (better than ROM officer responses). He did agree our date 8/6/08. Will meet up him in April to discuss.

Anyway, thank you so much for your recommend (if you are also Terence), I also will suggest him.

bearyhip

Hi Dylan

Not sure whether you are the one that recommend Mr Chia to us when I am searching for a JP...
Anyway, he is one great guy...friendly and helpful and super patient...Suppose to have our ceremony at 630pm but our guests came late and he waited patiently from 6pm to 8pm...
happy.gif

He still give us trial before the actual ceremony...Glad he stay for the dinner if not me and hb paiseh for making wait so long...thumbs up for him....

dylan

Hi Vivian & Bear,

Welcome! I really find him very outstanding that why I thought that may be we highlight it for other couples reference. Maybe we can have a thread on him.

pinklady23

Hi all,

Planning for ROM next month, needed to find a JP. Read through the thread, seems like Mr Chia is not a bad choice. Does anyone has a photo of him? Will he be willing to travel another places to solemnize beside the district that he is in? Thanks.

joyce_ling

Hi all,

Can email me Mrs Chia & Mr Yeo contact since everyone have good recommendation on them? I will try Mr Chia too as Dylan have very strong recommendation for him. Haha... My email is [email protected]. Thanks!

dylan

Hi Kara,

Sent the picture to your email.

We bascially introduce ourselves and indicated that we would like to have our wedding solemnisation on XXXXXX date. And ask if we would have the honour to invite him to preside over the solemnisation for us.

After he said yes, then we told him that we are not sure of the procedures and needed him to guide us through.

starjoy

Thanks Sleepygal. Mr Yeo & Mr Chia is unavailable for my ROM date of 28 Dec 2008. sighh.. any other recommendations pls? thanks!

sleepygal79

Hi Starjoy, probably u can try Mr Yeo's wife, Ms Tang I-Sha, Isabel. Also on the same page of the listing. But I am not sure how good is she. Have not come across any threads mentioning her.

Did you also check whether Mrs Chia Swee Tin can make it?

denise_0704

Hi all,

I'm holding my AD in Oct 2008 and solemnisation will be held an hour before my wedding commence. Wondering if is too early to find a JP now?

What if I "booked" them now, will they forget?