Joyden hall. Anyone had the banquet there b4?

kinder

Hi, I am looking at booking joyden hall at illuma for my wedding. This is a new hall n features themed wedding but I hv not seen any reviews here so far. Anyone done Ur wedding there before? Pls give Ur reviews

bobviolet

From my personal experience, they are quite slow in replying and I decided to go for another hotel in the end. Who did you liaise with?

serendipity82

Just my own views... I'm actually considering Joyden Hall for my wedding dinner next year. I've been there a few times. My company had their seminars there last year, and then returned agained for our D&D. The food was good, think that's one of the reason why my boss went back. We previously always did at 4-5 star hotels. Attended a friend's wedding dinner 3 months ago there also. Food was good and I liked how they did up the venue with huge lanterns. Very drama... Pretty unconventional if you ask me...

Only down-side is that they don't have a hotel room. But both my hubby-to-be and I are ok with that. Heard from my colleague that they seem to be busy with corporate events, maybe that's why they have not really promoted their weddin packages yet? Waiting for their next RS. Missed the one last month. Saw lots of perks! Good luck!

xiaojojojo

I have attended my friend wedding there Last yr, you can view the pics at Style wedding magazine. The ballroom is huge! And the food is quite tasty. Overall quite a good experience.

Jane68

Yes I'm also interested in this place. But my concern was the food and service! Glad to find reviews here :):) - any one able to comment on the service?

Just went to the fair @ Vivo last wkend and found the packages quite competitive compared to hotels. But tbh the weekend package is pricier compared to other hall venues or restaurants. Guess if we do sign, its more for the hall and decor - really nice!!!

clin

Hi Jane68 - can you share the weekend package? Thinking about using Joyden Hall too.. thanks! :)

My fried held church wedding there...crew is really nice....esp this guy called Ryan....they just went through a change of management, so perhaps if u register w them now, they may be better prepared to respond to you...my friend did her wedding during their management change, whc resulted in slow replies...

Over the place is accessible though parking is expensive n they dont absorb even the bride and groom parking....

If u take their package, in-house caterer is Stamford Catering

Jane68

Oh really? Hmm, I think they changed the menu/caterer too. :) Was told its a restaurant offering standard 8/9 courses for lunch & dinner.

Any reviews on actual day service tho?

Eva Thng

Hi Jane68, i am interested in holding my wedding at Joyden Hall. Can share the package? Who do you liaise with?

ToRome

So reassuring to see positive comments on Joyden Hall here! I'm having my wedding there in November (next month!!) and just had the sudden urge to check online as to what the reviews are. Didn't really dare b4 as I was worried that we may have made a risky move by trying a new venue.

However, I must say that the entire experience has been very good so far. We were actually won over by the service and also food quality. From what I understand, Joyden Hall has its own Chinese Restaurant called Joyden Seafood. It's pretty low key, but the food is good. The reviews on HungryGoWhere are quite good also. Our coordinator is the Sales Director (I think because she didn't pass us her namecard). She mentioned that all the weddings are serviced by Joyden Seafood, unless the couple requires Halal or special/customized menus which Joyden Seafood cannot provide. She's been really nice and accommodating, and points out a lot of things that we should take note of, even if its not directly related to the dinner. Am impressed by her professionalism. She accommodated all our timings and was even there till like 9pm for our video testing.

We like their high ceiling. Even though it's not grand like a ballroom, they have quite a lot of interesting themes that really transforms the place. We're using the Garden Theme.

Fingers crossed that all will go well! Based on my experience so far, will definitely recommend this place to all brides-to-be.

KiKiMouse

Hihi ToRome!

Same here! Think we have the same coordinator! She's the sales director, but understand she does mostly corporate events and has another manager specializing in weddings. So quite fortunate to have her as coordinator. Her service has been great so far, even replying promptly when I whatsapp her like 10+pm at night and as you have mentioned, been really accommodating.

My wedding is coming up at Joyden next month also and I was getting last minute jitters about whether things will go well given it is a relatively new venue for weddings. I've been there for corporate events and the past experiences have been good. Wonder why they don't publicize more for weddings, but heard their focus is corporate events. Fingers crossed that it'll be the same or better for my wedding!

sharrie

Hello Jane68, I'm currently looking for a venue to hold my wedding and the place seems to be relatively pleasant. Are you able to PM me the package you have got?

Thanks in advance

GenevieveP

Hello im looking at Joyden Hall too as i have about 35-40 tables for my wedding. However cause it's new and there aren't many pictures on it.
Would appreciate if anyone could share their package and pictures with me :)

Castella

Hello Btbs :) I'm a little out of place here, as I'm married already! Just had my wedding at Joyden Hall this month and we had such a wonderful experience that both my hubby and I decided that we wanted to openly share our wedding experience with other btbs. Also partly because our coordinator was just lovely and we couldn't fault her for anything and we think this is probably the best way to show our appreciation for her efforts.

She actually took over our wedding handling half-way through as the original IC left a while back. We were initially worried but she handled everything so professionally, and so was patient throughout, including answering my msg and emails in the wee hours. She went out of her way to coordinate multiple rehearsal sessions for us, something that I really don't think other venues would do, especially after hours, and foc. And she also remained super patient and helpful when we kept changing our menus. Towards the end, I found myself msging her for little things and she was just really reassuring and sensitive to all our questions and requests.

Food wise, they are really good. Not fanciful or super sophisticated, but I can now confidently say on hind-sight, that their food is better than many of the hotels' dinners I've attended :p So that you don't think I'm bias, we actually gathered feedback from our guests after the dinner, and they also had good things to say. Their technical team was also very helpful during all our trials and rehearsals, plus we really really loved their sound system and HUGE projector screen. My hubby's singing turned out so beautifully! Decoration was also very unique. Different from the run-of-the-mill decoration.

They are a boutique venue, so the team is pretty small and they can only take in a certain number of weddings/events each year from what I understand. So I guess that's why their response may be slower at times. I felt quite bad for my coordinator actually. Could see that she was really swamped and tired, but yet she remained so attentive and professional throughout. I can't speak about all the sales personnel, but mine was great. Sorry for the long post! PM me if you need her contact :) and all the best to the btbs!

Fabee

Hi Genevieve and Sharrie, I just confirmed my wedding with them for next year. The new 2014 themes are really nice, especially the Fairytales Dreams. What I like is that they don't have the typical wedding decoration, and are also able to customize themes at minimum additional charges. Sorry but I don't have the pics also, but I think you can arrange to meet up with them so that they can run you through the themes. The packages are very reasonable, especially after the perks they throw in. Starts $8xx+ for weekends. Only downside is that they don't have hotel accommodation, but we're ok with that as we plan to book a room somewhere nearby. I tried the food before confirming. It is good. If you're keen, can PM me for my sales IC contact.

GenevieveP

Thank you Fabee and Castella for your reply! Castella CONGRATS! Already PM you guys! Thanks so much!

Btw i wanted to find a date in April 2015, however went to temple shi fu, was told that tongshu for 2015 not out yet, so does anyone has any idea how to find a date early like that?

Fabee

Hey Genevieve, replied your msg :) I think you can only know the dates for 2015 sometime mid 2014. Maybe others can share? Most places' 2015 packages aren't out yet, or they might add a 5-10% surcharge on their 2014 packages. Might want to try to negotiate to still get 2014 rates if you book by this year.

bengzx7

Hi Castella,

Congrats on your marriage. Could you please share your package with Joyden with me? I am interested in the venue for my wedding.

Thanks!

harlelynn

Hi all btb, I also planning to hold my wedding at Joyden Hall ! Alot of good reviews ! :) gonna check out their theme soon.. My AD will be on early 2015..Don't know if they allow me to book first :p

Hi all btb, I also planning to hold my wedding at Joyden Hall ! Alot of good reviews ! :) gonna check out their theme soon.. My AD will be on early 2015..Don't know if they allow me to book first :p

Are u doing lunch or dinner? Yeah let us know about the place and package. Heard joyden hall is quite good

Can email me their 2015 wedding packages? Emailed them about a week ago but no response. They are participating in the upcoming Her World bridal show

bengzx7

I don't hav the details yet as I will be going down to the venue for viewing. She will share with me then. Maybe update you again

bengzx7

I went to view the hall. It is spacious and the tables they use are bigger than the usual hotel ones, so no prob to put 11 ppl at a table if the need arises. The hall decorations are very pretty with fresh florals. The screen is huge so no worries about any blocked view.

Their min tables for lunch is 20 and dinner is 25. The pricing is still according to 2014 as long as u book before the end of their roadshow in Jan. The most ex wkend dinner package is $968+ if I dun rmb wrongly. Food wise sounds very delicate, most are in individual portions.

Hope it helps!

harlelynn

Hi, I went to view the venue already. It's so different compared to hotels. The bride and groom enters automatic curtains instead of door during march in. It's very spacious in their hall. They got 4 different themes, got lantern , fairy tale and vintage and forest. But the most welcome theme is the lantern and fairy tale theme. They got $7XX + package for lunch and dinner , $8XX+ & $9XX package for dinner. All 8 courses. For minimum of tables is 25. But can nego with them . They serve also halal and vegetarian individual portions but must top up $8X ++. I contacted jeffrey. Very nice guy. They got upcoming roadshow on 10,11 ,12 jan 2014 at marina square . More perks *^* . Hope I have helped alittle :)

leong_en_ling

So reassuring to see positive comments on Joyden Hall here! I'm having my wedding there in November (next month!!) and just had the sudden urge to check online as to what the reviews are. Didn't really dare b4 as I was worried that we may have made a risky move by trying a new venue.

However, I must say that the entire experience has been very good so far. We were actually won over by the service and also food quality. From what I understand, Joyden Hall has its own Chinese Restaurant called Joyden Seafood. It's pretty low key, but the food is good. The reviews on HungryGoWhere are quite good also. Our coordinator is the Sales Director (I think because she didn't pass us her namecard). She mentioned that all the weddings are serviced by Joyden Seafood, unless the couple requires Halal or special/customized menus which Joyden Seafood cannot provide. She's been really nice and accommodating, and points out a lot of things that we should take note of, even if its not directly related to the dinner. Am impressed by her professionalism. She accommodated all our timings and was even there till like 9pm for our video testing.

We like their high ceiling. Even though it's not grand like a ballroom, they have quite a lot of interesting themes that really transforms the place. We're using the Garden Theme.

Fingers crossed that all will go well! Based on my experience so far, will definitely recommend this place to all brides-to-be.

Hi ToRome, I have just signed up the wedding dinner banquet package with Joydenhall! nothing can describe how excited I am now to prepare for that big day (May 2015). I see that you mentioned you have used the garden theme. DO you mind sharing with me pictures on your wedding last year? I had checked with my sales coordinator and she mentioned there is only one pic of thegarden theme which I didn find it useful. I cant wait to see how the theme looks like!
My email add is: [email protected]

leong_en_ling

For the rest of the interested Joydenhall btb, fyi, we have signed up the banquet dinner package with Joydenhall during their May roadshow! Overall we were attracted to the location, the high ceiling hall as well as the attractive perks they threw in! The only fuss that I had with the venue is the wall adverts just right outside the hall which will be the wedding reception area, that didn look too glam but with the savings from the deal, its definitely worth getting something to cover up that wall, maybe a banner or something. Other than that, the rest were awesome! I had Amber as my coordinator and so far she has been very patient and accommodating to our neverending queries. Will share my updates nearing the big day, so exciting!

Rol-10

For the rest of the interested Joydenhall btb, fyi, we have signed up the banquet dinner package with Joydenhall during their May roadshow! Overall we were attracted to the location, the high ceiling hall as well as the attractive perks they threw in! The only fuss that I had with the venue is the wall adverts just right outside the hall which will be the wedding reception area, that didn look too glam but with the savings from the deal, its definitely worth getting something to cover up that wall, maybe a banner or something. Other than that, the rest were awesome! I had Amber as my coordinator and so far she has been very patient and accommodating to our neverending queries. Will share my updates nearing the big day, so exciting!

Care to share your package?

Lindsey_09

Hope I am not replying late. Actually, one of my friends booked a luxurious weddings venue for her wedding celebration. I will consult with her and share her feedback with you. Hope it will be helpful for you.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Joyden Hall upcoming wedding showcase "Lights, Camera and Action! A Glamorous Red Carpet Affair" happening on 25 October

the-joyden-hall-251014-02.jpg

More details at http://singaporebrides.com/events/2014/10/the-joyden-hall-251014.php