Japan trip - where to go

littlegirl

blur blur

just nw was @ Chinatown, saw it @ 15.75 though.

I m gng on 22/23 Dec. No extns allowed cos SQ rejects all deviations during peak period.

My nx trip will b Hokkaido also.

Blur blur, hw cme u nv go to Hello Kitty land? Nt fun?

ppgroom

hi tobevride,

nope, i'm taking group tour package.

hi ah ger,

wow, so 15.75 is more ex la... so shd get the 15.60 one better deal...

ublur

ger, too short a time to go to hello kitty land... but i din noe there is hello kitty land.. where is it?? think i heard tt it's a small one..

littlegirl

PPGroom:
I just siam abit nia, nv go & rackee.

Blur blur,
Yeap, the so-called Sanrio or something, bt they commonly call it Hello Kitty Land? Or the other way round, i also dunno. My fren went tare, she said unless u like those cutie stuff then u wil njoy.

ppgroom

Ho tobebride,

I booked with Chan Bros. It's a 7D Scenic Delight package:

Day 1: S'pore to Tokyo

Day 2: Tokyo to Osaka
Go to temple, some shopping street etc, then evening take domestic flight to Osaka

Day 3: Osaka to Kyoto to Lake Biwa
Visit some castle thingie, to a major shopping belt, more temples and overnight stay at Lake Biwa

Day 4: Lake Biwa to Takayama
Visit town with traditional houses, visit Matsuri underground Museum.

Day 5: Takayama to Mt Fuji
Visit a fresh market, then to a Ramen House, then to a winery to sample Jap wines, then to a Wasabi Farm then go for a hot spring bath and overnight stay at Mt Fuji.

Day 6: Mt Fuji to Tokyo
To Disneyland (whole day)

Day 7: Tokyo to S'pore

All these cost S$1929 per person (inclusive of airport tax).

magix

hi PPgroom, ur deal sounds fairly reasonable... when r u leaving? wats the temperature like when u go there? thks 4 sharing,
happy.gif

magix

hi blur blur, i see tt u managed to spend less than $4K for 2 in Japan for 8, 9 days... wow!
happy.gif

can u share how u did ur research? i am keen to find out as i am planning to go japan, but not on a big bugdet, thus under $2K/pax is ideal.
happy.gif

sorry for the consecutive postings here...
lame.gif

ppgroom

hi magic_wand,

i'll be leaving around mid Jan 2005. Temp shd be cold i think... between 5-10 degrees???

exchange rate is roughly S$15.80 can change Y$1000... i agar agar only wor... so dun quote me huh hehehe
biggrin.gif

ppgroom

forgot to add, my package includes 90% of meals too
happy.gif

as for F&E or pkg... really depends... i'm on honeymoon thus dun wish to hassle with planning... just follow the group tour and relax...

ublur

ger, oh i c.. but i think disneyland is more worthgoing... mayb next trip i will go to kittyland.. kekek.. love japan so much, definately will go back again...

magix_wand, yaya.. we din spend a lot.. food there aren't tt ex unless u go for very high class ones.. i gave myself one good treat on the snow crab sashimi.. delicious!!!! normal days, we have meals at small restuarants which are very good too!! thumbs up!! u will never get sick of the food in japan!

me n my FH did a lot of research.. first of all, a guide book is definately a must if u going F n E! i strongly recommend Japan from lonely planet!! it tells u where to visit, where to get cheap accom, maps etc... hence, before we go, we already more or less know the street names, how railway lines, the popular places to go, etc etc...

Next, net surfing is definately useful.. there are a few website i had visit..
http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng
http://www.japan-guide.com
the 2 websites are good.. u can even post up questions in the forumn to clear ur doubts.. i book my hotels online too... cheap ones..

If u going for the first time , my suggestions to u is tt kyoto n tokyo is a must!!! this will probably take u week already.. 4 days in kyoto n 3 days in tokyo... trust me, too many days in tokyo u will find bored.. cos everywhere is shopping n crowded.. kyoto is another side of japan where lts of shrines, temples located.. they are magnificant!! if u got more days, go to nara n osaka via railway train.. no need to stay in osaka actually... accom in kyoto is cheaper n travelling from kyoto to nara or osaka is less than 1.5 hr trip.. very accessible... nara is pretty small which u can cover less than a day.. famous for it's deer park and daitoguchi temple.. osaka is very city like jus like tokyo..

like wat ppgroom say, if u wan to relax n hassle free, jus follow tour group...hope my info helps..

littlegirl

heng my Honshu covers all of them - Kyoto, Tokyo & Osaka.

hi gals, TGIF!

On leave yest then nw lots of things to clear.

cawaii

hi, any idea which travel agency has tours to japan that cover hello kitty land? saw chanbrothers, sa & ctc only has tour grps to universal studio or disneyland. been to the one in usa so want to skip these places...

littlegirl

hi hi,

PPgroom:
U r already 1 of our jie meis mah. Ha ha ha....

sorry lah, so nw I greet u lor, hv a gd day ahead!

Btw everyone, the rate has gone up le. I went to change my currency 2day. Most of the $$-changers are charging 162, or 162 or 160 liao. I managed to find one tat is at 159.5. I changed only $1k.

Hw u calculate is like this $162 = Yen 10,000. Which means to say Yen 100 = S$1.62.

If any of u managed to find a plc w/ lower rate, please let me know cos we may or may not change more.

Thks in adv.

cloudlessly

Hi Ah ger,

Care to share where did you get the best rate for the change of currency ($159.5 = Yen 10 000) I've been trying to find one that has a good rate....so boring the Yen currency is so ex nw..
happy.gif

ppgroom

hi ah ger,

WAH.... me one of the jie mei liao???? my wife sees this she'll FAINT!!! kekekeke!!!!!

huh??? Yen go up liao ah? sian liao loh... just 2 weeks back and they still Y$100 --> S$1.58 only...

ppgroom

i am thinking for extending my tour for 3 more days. called up agent to check and per night extension is S$350 for hotel room. is it normal to be this ex??

also, since the extension will be F&E, and it will be at Tokyo, thus wondering where can we go in 3 days? any recommendations?

littlegirl

Let em repeat my whole post, bt in short.

Yun:
I changed @ the bldg w/ Hong Thai Travel, then w/ KFC & Mac one. The one infront of People's Park Complex. I changed w/ the $$-changer beside UOB Bank, facing main road. U may or may nt get back 159, or perhaps heng u cna get lower, bt I doubt so cos near to Xmas le & more families are going on hols liao.

PPGroom:
U r the only guy here mah......... dun tell ur wife, if tn I cham leh.

Yeap Yen went up le. Tats y I ks abit told hb must change now.

Which hotel r u extending? Cos Jan is Jpn's peak season still.

Hw's ur itin like?

ppgroom

hi ah ger,

not sure which hotel... think it's something Princess one... my itin ah? it's slightly further up the threads,cos i re-posted recently again...

tentative dep date is 15 Jan and return on 21 Jan, so if extend 3 more days will mean return on 23 Jan (cos 21 Jan itself is counted as 1 day-1 night liao)

magix

hi people! thks 4 the reply. now i gotta decide when to go for the trip. it seems that its very cold in Jan & Feb... so wondering if i shld go anot... it shld b snowing then rite?
uhoh.gif
i wan to see snow, but at the same time i am afraid of the cold!
sad.gif

PPgroom, $350 sounds abit more than the one i found out... an agency quoted me $240/room/nite. Perhaps ur room is better?

btw anyone got any idea if the accomodation will b very small in japan? i juz got the idea that since everything so expensive there, the room shld b small bah... true anot?

ppgroom

hi magix,

heard that Tokyo seldom snow one... cold yes, but it doesn't snow in Tokyo... if you wanna see snow, shd go to Hokkaido.

huh?? your room so much cheaper?? any idea which hotel?

littlegirl

hi hi

PPGroom, perhaps u wanna go on internet & chk out the hotel rates c hw much it is then u can tell if it's exp lor.

@ 1st if I can do extn I wanna extend 5D one leh, bt nw failed lor.

Then hor, if u wanna know more info, u can go to The Jap Association @ Nassim Rd, & get some free brochures tare.

magix

hi PPgroom,

really it dun snow in tokyo?
uhoh.gif
then how come the agency staff told me it prob will b snowing as temp will hit under zero deg? i am not intendting to go hokkaido lah... wanna go ard central japan to sight-see and shop.
happy.gif

if i am not wrong, its something like Sunshine hotel? heard of it b4? cheap meh? i still think its quite exp...

btw wat r the clothes and prep u will b doing 4 this trip? coz we still hv not decided to go there in jan or when its not so cold like in mar/apr...

ublur

magix, yup u r right, the room aren't big.. jus sufficient to accomodate both of u...
i would definately suggest u to go in mar or apr to c those beautiful sakura... winter time in central tokyo is not tt nice. hokkaido will b nicer... jus my 2 cents worth...

magix

hi blur, thks 4 ur advice... why wun it b nice? too cold 4 comfort?

oh so in mar/apr, there will b sakura? in tokyo?
happy.gif

actually i wld prefer to go when its not tt cold... coz we cant stand too cold temperatures... but i am so keen to pack & go japan now! hahahahahaa
lol.gif

ppgroom

hi magix, at least yours is cheaper than mine wor...

for me, i wanted to choose winter cos i like cold.. but my wife can't tahan cold, so gotta spend money to buy winter wear liao hee hee...

ah ger, thanks for the tips...

ublur

magix, i mean comparatively to autumn in nov when there is maple leaves and spring time when there is sukura, winter wun b nice.. it will b cold n everyone will b staying in house.. if u wan cold cold, go during autumn, it's pretty cold too abt 10-15 degress.... also..u wun b seeing too much of those "109" gals wearing sexy and nice nice clothes during winter time..

think now yahoo mail got prob.. send invite to u later..

magix

PPgroom, nvm lah. as long as u enjoy the trip, then no need to worry abt the difference. stick to wat u hv.
happy.gif

the staff at the agency gave me a breakdown of the temperatures in Japan 4 the entire year, and i saw that the temp in Jan is like -2 to 10 deg C. wah.... like very cold. i dun like extreme coldness but i like cooling weather. so we will probably go in mar/apr... no choice since we dun enjoy extreme coldness.
crazy.gif

blur, got ur email alrdy. thks. will view thru the pix when i am free.
happy.gif

yah i wan to see those pretty ladies wearing more fanciful outfits leh. if go in winter, think they will b wrapped up... heeee...
lol.gif

odae

Hi PPgroom,
Juz came back fr Jap. Fyi, we did our own extn in Tokyo, putting up @ Sunshine City hotel. Booked thru internet & got it near $200 per night for a semi-double room. It's very small but afterall, we were out most of the time so was oni in the rm wen need to slp & bathe lor. U may wan to consider it. It's oso linked to a shopping mall.

ublur

ppgroom, in shinbuya (tokyo) , there is a shopping centre called 109 shopping centre.. young gals there like to "suntan" themselves until dark dark.. which i took a photo for my FH n those gals.. these gals specially go to those beauty centre to have the tanning.. these gals are known as "109" gals..

magix.. yup. u r right.. i would love to go during spring time for the sakura.. if u r going, do share wif us ur photos..

odae, how was ur trip? got photo to share??

ppgroom

blur blur, i see... no wonder winter no '109' gals la
happy.gif

odae, ok, i'll check with my agent first... maybe ask them to help me get a cheaper hotel for the extension...

magix

odae, sunshine city hotel was the one i mentioned to PPgroom. how's the room like? any pix to show us? i think its considered one of the cheapest room ard based on the quotes from the agency. wats a semi-dbl room? do u share a dbl bed or izzit separate ones?

blur, i am going to view ur pix after this posting. oh sure, if i go japan, will share my pix... but haven decided yet lah, though i gian-gian wanna go alrdy!
biggrin.gif

PPgroom, yah perhaps u can check wif ur agency 1st.
happy.gif

magix

blur, juz viewed ur pix!
happy.gif

hey u not cold ah? wearing short skirts and still looking so pretty! hahahaa...
lol.gif

wat was the temperature like when u visited japan?

u both managed to get pple to snap those pix 4 u? very nice leh! and u both looked so en-ai!
happy.gif

ur hubby was very cute & funky! i love the pix 33! so nice scenery and breath-taking!

generally u both can pose quite well leh.... not like those usual boring shots i took wif my hubby leh...
lame.gif

the disneyland is simply simple lovely!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
i am definitely going to visit there if i am ever going to japan!!!!

thks 4 sharing the pix, its simply fantastic & wonderful!
happy.gif

btw anyone went to disney Sea? wanna see how it actually looks like inside...

odae

Hi ppl,
Sorry no pic cos haven download yet. Anyway din take much & digi cam din work very well at nite wen it's very dark.

Blur,
Can share share ur pics with me? Tks in adv. [email protected]

Hi Magix,
Ya...dat's the one u recommended to Ppgroom. Semi-dbl is small in size, having a queen size bed fitted into it, a dressing table, small wardrobe & a chest of drawers with tv sitting on top of it, plus a toilet lor.

magix

odae, the description sounds pretty good leh. we dun need a big room, as long as no need to sleep on dbl deck bed, it sounds good enuff! hahaha
lol.gif

odae

Ppgroom,
Not all hotel rms in Jap are small..or perhaps it depends very much on the location. Few dat we had in Hokkaido were pretty big after seeing the small ones. Same applies to bathroom. Among all, I like the bathroom in Metropolitan hotel (Tokyo) the best.

Hi Magix,
But hor...the hotel is a little on the dim, dark side due to it's furnishings leh. Overall, it's still acceptable to me lah. Hahaaa...dbl-decked beds????

odae

Hi Ppgroom,
Not too sure leh cos I oni stayed there for a nite. But visited one at 25th (did i rem wrongly??) flr. View was great!

Hi Ah ger,
So ur trip confirmed liao?

Hi Blur,
Tks!!! I'll check it out in another while!