Japan trip - Chan Brother or CTC ?

emcee

Mei
Thanks...anyway i will be staying at Ginza area ... could be walking distance to fish market by looking at the map

mooniiie

hi mei,

thks =)

roughly wat's the price for a meal there?
ala-carte or set meal?

haha bring back liao then won't be fresh.
now you have an excuse to visit again soon =)

lu_meihua

hi mooniie,
what kind of meal? most of my meals inclusive in package. i onli rem spending 550-700 yen for my ramen...keekee...rest HB paid so i just eat! usually it's ala-carte, unless u having western meal then got set.

for the fish mkt, my set (comes with 1 miso soup and 7-9 pcs of sushi) was 3150 yen while ala-carte is about 400 yen per pc.

mooniiie

hi mei,

oh i'm actually asking about the meal at the fish market =)
which means can choose to order ala-carte (per pc) or set lor hehehe

by the way, wat's the name of the restuarant your fren recommends??

emcee

Mei
Thanks for the info , still wondering which stall to go actually

one more month to go ... i holiday mood liao lor ...

lu_meihua

Mooniiie, oh...good. would be good weather. hope not too cold.

Emcee, u also gg in dec? good. hope i get the name in chinese character correct. if u going, and if order set, please do take a pic of the set before eat and send to me can? cos' i too anxious to eat and forgot to take pic!!!

emcee

yeah .. going in Dec ... will be going to fish market as I have planned in my iternery already ... i will take wat ever i see and choose that best for u

yoki26

hi emcee and meilu,
this is the photo of the sushi store at tsukijishi fish market.
425296.jpg

yoki26

btw, for those who wish to buy souvenier for ur frens, relatives, etc. You may like to buy them inside the departure hall of Narita airport coz it excludes the 5% tax. Some items sold OUTSIDE the departure hall may not be INSIDE the departure hall such as the Sarubobo (lucky charm sold in the Takayama castle)

Er..actually i wana get somemore items from Japan and if anyone willing to help me, please let me know..small items..heehee...

Got alot of things to share but in writing would be bery long..haha...for those who hv been to Japan, shd feel the same as me, right?

lu_meihua

Hi yoki, I've this (and Mooniie, my mistake. it's 大和, as seen from the pic) too! Thanks!! I just dun have the sushi set meal i ate. = ((

yap agree. i only realised that AFTER i enter inside the hall. realised that the things i wanna buy outside departure hall is not sold inside. end up i no buy and was so upset and angry with myself...= ((

wish i can go back again...

emcee

just came back from the briefing at SA tour ... they said that currnecy exchange can only be done at banks or hotel a very low rate ... so get us to change more YEN over ...

Wondering how much is enough ... i mean average for per pax per day ....

anyone can advice??

yoki26

hi emcee
if you are going tour with SA, you need to standby the tippings $ which is ard 500yen/day/pax.

basically, SA tour will provide u most of the meals. If you intend to buy alot of stuff, prepare at least 1K/pax. Try to change more coz in japan, rates not so good. And nt convenient to use Credit card unless in big dept store. Per meal in Japan ard $7-$10. Even mcdonald is more expensive than spore. But do try the MoS burger. Nicer than Singapore one.

Oh, if u like cosmetics like kose, kanebo, shiseido and Fancl. Then bring more cash. Currently, japan yen rates are very good.

hi mei,
true..i wish i can go back too..,miss japan so much..i like the culture there. Very polite and very clean environment. Clean until u have hard time finding dustbin. Heard fr tour guide, japanese throw their rubbish in a plastic bags and put inside their bags
happy.gif

Mi still got many items need to buy manz!!

emcee

hi Yoki26

thanks for the info...

urs tips 500yen onli ... the briefing session attended yesterday ... there is a brochure indicated that a total of 650yen for the coach driver/tour leader/tour guide....

since u like so much ... thats give u a reason to go back again lor .... haha

hanabiwaiwai

i was at the SA hokkaido tour briefing on sunday too... that time when we signed up, we were told that total tips is 4100 yens per pax for the whole trip... then the brochure from the briefing, total tips add up to be 650 x 6 = 3900 yens... confused...

anyway thinking of bring S$1k over for both me and hubby.. coz think will spend most $$ on snacks and souvenir only... not going to buy cosmetics or clothes since not really that much cheaper there... but if u are going to buy crabs back then may need to bring more $$..

bluegal

Hi
I just came back from Japan too, true enough, it's hard to change money in Japan and credit card are not so common in Japan. We also brought S$1K there including 4400 Yen of tips per pax. To buy snacks and souvenirs is more than enough. We spend most of our money on snacks which is about 1050Yen per box. Their 100 Yen shops also quite ineteresting. For those who are going to universal studio, there's one hard rock cafe nearby. Our tour guide told us that everything in Japan is expensive than s'pore except for car and cigarettes. Oh ya for ladies who like the brand of burberry, there's one sister brand call burberry blue label, this brand is only authorise to sell in Japan.

emcee

Hi mei

I'm back liao ... but hor i never take photo of the sushi set leh ...

dunno why that morning a lot of pple ... almost 10over on the queue ... then the weather not so good... as if going to rain ... so i walk past then i left already ... so sorry hor ...

chrissrp

Hi Gals,

I'll be gg for a 10D trip next mth on our own.. Just wondering, Im planning to include Roppongi, Tokyo & Ginza in 1 day.. Is it too much? Frm my research, these places are all dept stores.. So, dun waste much time.. Is it true?

baby_jo

Hi!

I am planning to go Japan for honeymoon.
Can someone pls. advise me:
* Which tour agency is better?
* How much am I expect to spend for the whole trip?
* How much yen to bring there? Better to exchange here or there?
* How much tipping to prepare?

Sorry for asking soo many questions.

chrissrp

Hi Gals,
Another help! I would like to go to Nikko for a day trip. As i wld like to set off to Nikko very early.. The Nikko Pass counter is not open yet. I wld like to know if i can puchase the Nikko Pass a few days in advance?

s__h

Hi Chris,

Ginza and tokyo city area mainly r shopping so unless u r keen on shopping, if not no point, in my opinion

baby_jo

hi S & H,

i wanted to go japan disneyland + universal studios. went to check out a few agencies, package that includes these 2 places cost more than S$2K per pax.

as cheap as possible lor.
got limited budget. spend too much on wedding.

s__h

Hi baby,

the 2 places are in diff part of Japan hence the cost is high...unless u DIY the tour, it maybe a little bit cheaper

emcee

it's better to DIY. if not the tour agent will control your time in the theme park.

I diy myself last year ... spend almost 12 hrs in disney... see all play all and shopp all... good!!!!

s__h

I agree with emcee....

DIY gives u more freedom but that freedoom comes with more planing and headache lah

everafter

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how's the service btw CTC & SA tour for Cantral Jpn pkg?? I'm deciding btw the 2. Like CTC cos includes all the places that i wanna go. though i knw that tour grp will be very rushing. I will be extending few days in Tokyo after that.

lingling2

Hi all,

I am tinking of going Japan for hoiliday in April. Interested to go Sanrio Land, Nikko...But duno which agency shuld I choose...Any recommnedations?

Is it cheaper to sign up with agencies during natas fair? or during their in-house fair? Cos I know every yr there are 2 natas fair, one in mar the other in sept...

Is HOkkiado nice?

I am actually a fan of hello kitty so wan to go Japan to buy lots of HK things back. Apart frm Sanrio land, is there anywhere I can buy HK things? ;p

Whats the difference btw Disneyland and universal studios?

s__h

Hi ger2,

Hokkaido is very beautiful ...i been there 2X in summer and autum.

If u like scenery, then will be enjoy for u. April is around where sakura bloom.

NATAS fair and in-house fair pricing is abt the same.
I believe most agency hardly go to hello kitty land althought there are a few only so that limit ur choice of agency already

lingling2

S & H,

Tks for the infor =)...Me just called CTC b4 lunch, they do have pkg going to hello kitty land, but their apr pkg is not out yet. Was told to call them next wk...

Hokkaido is famous for visting during winter rite?

Yup, sakura season is just nice for me...is it consider Spring?

Actually I wanted to go Japan, main aim is to view their scenery and also to buy hello kitty stuffs bk to spore =). Hv u seen those hello kitty stuffs in anywhere of tokyo? Say like in supermarkets etc?Actually me looking for hello kitty hsehold items, towels etc...hmm...

Sorry for asking so many questions as this is my 1st time there, so abit mountain turtle..hee

s__h

Hi ger2,

Hokkaido is famous in winter in the sense that there is a festive in sapporo where there r many ice scruptures in a park...

I did not really observe Hello kitty stuff in tokyo but i am sure there are plentiful in those 100 yen shops (similiar to $2 shop here).

to see Sakura is depends on ur luck as the location in diff parts of japan will bloom at diff timing...i think is spring season in april but then again...the weather nowadays have changed so dramatically....

btw, would you be extending ur stay in tokyo at the end of the tour ? If yes, i like to recommand some hotels and u can compare the rate u r paying via tour agency and see if mine recommendation is cheaper than what u r paying via agency.

lingling2

S & H,
tks for the explanations...

We were tinking of joining a 5day tour and then etend our stay...Maybe you can let me k now which hotel u stayed b4? tks =)

lingling2

S & H,
tks tks... Will be waiting for you good news...hee..When will you be back? Holiday?

Just curious hor, is there any nice places to go in Tokyo? hmm....just started on my research so everything is zero...

Was wondering if their supermarkets have hello kitty foodstuff or hsehold items ...hmm... Tink they have those 100 Yen shops also hor? Is it like our Daiso here in spore?

Will read through the link and ask you for advise again...tks alot =).

s__h

s__h

Hi ger2,

have you check out Prime agency b4?
They have a in-house fair on the 4 March 07 at river view hotel from 1pm onwards.

schnauzie

no lah just tot we might be leaving on same day or wat mah,..

u not goin japan on holiday ah? tot date is always the first thing to be confirmed?

s__h

For those who are taking CTC agency,
use POSB everday credit card got 1% rebate...tour must be > $500 though

lingling2

S & H,
tks for all the links....the sakura hse seems not bad hor..hmm...
Me looking at the link now..

Prime agency? Din hear of it before leh...have u?

True lor, Tokyo is so ex...believe all the things will be lor...For me I am looking for items like :

1)
455668.jpg

2)
455669.jpg

3)
455670.jpg

Thats y wondering if Japan has them..hmm...