J&C Bridal Collections

pam

Hi,
it is really difficult to tell you the price range of J&C as they tailor the package for you. Like car included or not, tea dress required etc. Why don't you just pump into their shop and talk to them. They're not pushy at all, so no worries of can't get out without signing a package. Moreove, you get to see their gown on display and photo album!

Personally, I like their design very much (that is why i sign up with them).

It might be a good idea to make an appointment with them so that you're sure they have that time slot for you only.

Hi,I have already booked my wedding package already. However, I am trying to rent a convertible or any sporty car for my wedding this year. I wonder whether you provide services as in helping me to rent such a car.

If you do, please do contact me at my mobile 97655805 or you could email me via [email protected].

Thanks,
Jessca

C

chin leng

Hi Jessca,

sorry that we do not have the information you need but we'll keep a look-out for you. SingaporeBrides.com is not a bridal shop or wedding co-ordinatiing service. It is more of a wedding directory where services that wedding couples may find useful are listed. For wedding co-ordinating services, you may wish to approach A Love Affair Wedding Concept.

Let us know when you have found your convertible or sporty car for your wedding so that future couples can benefit from your information.

Congratulations to your wedding!

Best Wishes,
Chin Leng.

A

amythe kpo

Hi Jessca,

So cool! But am sure you have a hard time trying to get one. When you know where to get it, PLEASE tell us!

J

js

Hi Pam,
Understand that you've signed up with J&C, I am curious to know how do you find their services, from gown, makeup, hair stylist to photography? I've visited their showroom recently and was satisfied with their attitude (not pushy). I think they're relatively new so I'll like more feedback about them before making a decision to sign up with them. Many thanks & congratulations to you!

pam

Hi JS,

So far I'm very happy with their services. The gown is beautiful and I simply love the photos.

Actually, my friend signed up with them first. I was so impressed that I end up with them as well.

Cynthia's gowns are beautiful and she is very adventurous when it comes to designing. Don't worry that she will force you to wear something that is not you. She has more than 10 years of experience in wedding industry. One look at you and she can tell you what kind of dress suits you. And she is very accomodating! She advices and let you decide. She even advice me on how high my shoe should be!

The photoshoot turns out beautiful. The style is what I like, natural. I don't have to freeze my smile for 3 mins before the photographer decides to take a snap. The make up is simple and nice. No wig!

There is a lot of communication in J&C, and that is what I like!

seeya
(^u^)/

C

chin leng

Hi Jessca,

I have a friend whose friend's wedding car was a MG. But the wedding was two years ago. Anyway, the car was from the local dealer/agent and it was a special arrangement. Maybe, you can try calling the agents and dealers and give it a try? Tell them it is for your wedding, they may do it for the publicity.

Tell us how it goes, okay?

Regards,
Chin Leng.

J

js

Hi Pam,
I passed by Tanjong Pagar the other day & was quite impressed by the window display of the gowns at some boutiques there. I'll probably look around there before going back to J&C again. Anyway, thank you for your advice & congratulations to you.

eli

hello,
I have signed up with J&C. But i found that J&C gave a better deal to some other person. Is it ok that I go back to the shop, and ask for the same deal? Need some advice. I signed with J&C around 2 to 3 weeks back.

J

js

Hi eli,
Which package did you sign up for? What's missing in your package? I believe you can talk to Cynthia about it as she seems to be a nice person.

amy

Hi eli,

Is there a lot of difference in the package? When did this the other person sign on? Is it during a promotion or so?

Guess you can try to talk to the shop but don't be too pushy. Afterall, you've to work together till your wedding day.

apple

Hi eli,
i signed up with j&c, too! Is there anything I should take note of...eg was it really different price for about the same package or etc, which i shld talk to cynthia about? pls advise...thks!

eli

hi,

It was a different package. It was the package that was mentioned in the other forum i think love-affairs some $3388 package, which i called up to clarify. It was a different package from what I took. The person only needed one gown, mtm wedding gown or evening gown. Hence the price difference.

Which package did u take? I did not really ask, bargain or exchange anything. But we can exchange details if you like? I took the package which includes the car. Too lazy to hunt around for the car.. 8P

apple

Hi eli,
i think the package which includes the car is quite ex, rite? the $3888 or $4000+ one?

I had a "customised" package - $3388 for the following:
mtm wedding gown (rental)
mtm men's suit (keep)
2 hand bouquets
1 8R tabletop
20 15R pics
hair & makeup - day only

i think that is about it. I took out the portrait,trial & nite makeup/hair, car, 3R pics, evening gown.

we may even bump into each other unknowingly :D

blee

Hi apple,

Just being kpo, you don't need the nite makeup?! Are you having your banquet another day or you have other arrangements? And what about your evening gown?

Sorry for being so KPO.
8P

apple

Hi blee,
don't think u are kaypoh:) I am as curious about other brides' agenda, too!

I am not having banquet bec' we want something casual and informal for our friends and families...so only having solemnisation in the afternoon tea reception..a get together to share our in joy.

so, are you booking for wedding banquet :D

margaret

Hi apple,
I am interested in Allure so did you visit them before you signed with J&C? Plse tell me your experience if you went to see them.

Or did anyone go to Allure, plse share experience with me. Thx :)

C

chin leng

Hi apple,

Er...you are not the apple who has signed-up with Hotel Inter-continental?

Regards,
Chin Leng.

hwey

The sales asst at Allure is very friendly, very willing to serve. She even encouraged me to try on their gowns to have a feel.

blee

Hi apple,

heehee, I'm all through with these \(^u^)/

So where are you having the tea reception? Good for you that your parents agree to it! When I suggested to skip the banquet, my mum's face changed :(

eli

hi apple,

I had a normal package at 3588 for following:
wedding gown /evening (rental)
men's suit (rental)
2 hand bouquets
1 8R tabletop
20 15R pics
24 3R of 2 to 4 diff poses
hair & makeup - day/night and studio i think.
Car, car decor and driver.

Option to upgrade to 3888 package, which the wedding gown and evening is both mtm

apple

hi folks!
margaret,
nope...i didn't visit allure...

chin leng,
ya! it's me lah...i signed up with intercon :)

blee,
not exactly very easy to skip the banquet...but thank goodness...this matter is settled already!

hi eli,
sigh, i think sometimes so hard to compare packages. your package looks reasonable...you also drop the portriat?

kate

hi eli, the 3588 package you mentioned is with J&C right? How are their pictures like? Any similarities to the more known photographers from The Edge or Chris Ling?

eli

hello,
I have not seen the photos of the edge and chris ling. Did not really go around shopping for the bridal stuff. Only been to one other shop ivory isle. Why don't you pop down riverside and take a look at the photos and talk to cynthia. She will not pressure you into signing with her.

kate

Thanks Chin Leng, I've been to the site but can't really see from there. I might pop by one day but it seems a little "out of the way" cos I can't pinpoint a bus which goes there! :)

C

chin leng

Hi Kate,

There is actually another way of getting there. Just go to Clarke Quay. There is a bridge that links Clarke Quay with Riverside Point. You may want to try this route.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

J

js

To all the brides-to-be,
I will like to share with you my experience with J&C, which I am quite disappointed with their services. I have signed up with J&C and have made an appointment with Cynthia recently to discuss over some issues. I reached her shop at the appointed time, but sad to say, I failed to talk to her for more than 10 minutes as her studio is crowded with a few groups of people whom she is too busy to serve. I guessed these people must be her potential customers and she was very eager to close their deals. So, I volunteered to go back an hour later hoping that she would be able to attend to me then. To my disappointment, an hour later, she was still busy with the few groups of people whom I saw an hour earlier. When she saw me, again she did not talk to me for more than 10 minutes. As it was getting late (shop almost closing) and my fiance was unwilling to wait any longer, I left her shop feeling very down and pissed off. Now, I actually regretted signing up with them since they do not offer very professional services but charge me a very high professional fee. My warning to all of you is to discuss all issues (from gowns, photos, hairstyles, accessories, makeup, services) before signing up and making any payment. In addition, always make a few trips to the studio, try as many gowns and get to know as many people there (from staff to customers) before signing the invoice. Remember to be super-kiasu rather than to regret later and you will definitely have a better experience than me. Good luck!

eli

hello,
I think weekends and weekday nites are very busy times for bridal boutiques. And boutiques are especially busy during the Sep, Oct, and Dec, as they are nearer to auspicious months. Usually, to get undivided attention, it is best to go to weekday afternoons. I have sign up with J&C also. I have also been there during a weekday noon and weekday nite. So i know the difference, and I try to be more understanding. I don't really have much problems with them.

I hope you are able to settle your stuff with cynthia soon.

J

js

Hi eli,
I am glad you have no problem with J&C and I really do not wish to have anymore bad experiences with them. However, this experience has given me a very bad impression about their services. How will you feel if you were in my shoes? I've called to make an appointment a few days before, waited for more than an hour without achieving what I want. I can be understanding but I think this is beyond what I can tolerate. I think they should have postpone my appointment if they really have no time for me. I have been very disheartened by this issue and I think I will not want to arrange for any appointment with them. I will be 'super-understanding' to them and patiently wait for their scheduled appointment instead.

A

alyce

js,

hang in there. I know how you feel. I had a similar experience once. (but not with j&c. I wish you all the best

apple

Hi,

Heard a lot about J&C in this forum and I did signed up with them. However, their attitude seems to have changed recently. Cynthia is always busy with the customers though I have make appointment with her. And the thing that worried me most is that they do not have nice evening gown. I am thinking of sourcing for another boutique for the evening wear.

BTW, if I like some design from another boutique, can I actually request another designer to "cut and paste" the design for me. Is that legally wrong? Thanks

C

chin leng

Hi Apple,

You may like to visit and have a look at Doreen Chee's evening gowns? She recently has a new collection. Just give her a visit at

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">Le Galleria
333 Orchard Road
#02-06
Mandarin Hotel Shopping Arcade
Singapore 238867</FONT>

Tel: 7377101

Operating Hours:
Monday - Saturday: 11.00 AM to 8.00 PM.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

blee

Hi apple,

Legally, there is nothing wrong about that.

I would suggest you to describe the gown's design to your designer, rather than telling her strict at the face that 'I want this evening gown designed by XXX shop'. I think that might be a bit hurting for a designer. Who knows, maybe she can improve on it :)

angela

Hi !

So how is the service now? Any updates for me? I am looking for a boutique now and J&amp;C is one of my choice

apple

hi angela!
so far, my appointments with J&amp;C has been pretty good. Cynthia is a rather friendly &amp; patient person and she really does take time to talk to us whenever we are there.

Let us know how it goes, if u make a trip there!

elcube

Hi Apple,
Do you mind telling us how much is you have to pay for your package?? Did you managed to bargain for more or better deals? Thanks. I would like to know how much we can negotiate with her.

elcube

Hi apple,
it's me again, u don't have to answer my prev quest cos i happened to read yr prev posting above regarding the package you took.

eli

hi,
For me, so far my appointments with Cynthia is good. She does not give different service before you sign up and after you sign up. She is really accomodating. As apple say, she is very patient. I have tried on more than 20 to 30 gowns just to get my wedding gown, and even change my wedding gown once. She is ok with that.

Cynthia returns negatives for those photos you take, and she gives back the 3R of those photos you take. If your request is reasonable, she will try to accomdate them even after signing.

I do not know what you can bargain with her, becos most of the stuff i wanted was in the package. From experience, she is not like those shops, that you decide not to sign, they throws in abit more n abit more. She is quite upfront with what she can offer, so normally there is not much extra you can bargain for, unless you want to exchange items for something else. She will not push you to sign, however she will not purposely throw in stuff or lower price to make a potential client sign.

apple

Hi elcube,
u got my package price up there :)
I think i heard that her prices have increased as they usually do adjustment annually or semi-annually.

Like what eli mentioned, she is as friendly before and after i signed up and she doesn't really throw in a lot of freebies to entice u to sign up. most things are quite upfront and there are no hidden cost. She can be quite flexible...but it really depends on whether it is reasonable.

eli, btw, i just realised that she only return the negatives if you choose an additional 10 pictures...was that what u had, too? I haven't asked her whether i cld keep the 3R of pics which we will choose...

elcube

Hi apple &amp; eli,
Regarding the negatives, yeah.. she also told us that she'll return all the negatives for the selected photos only if we buy additional 10 photos.
I think she also said that the 3R proofs are returnable too with those extra 10 photos purchased. And since we will definitely buy more photos and get negatives back, we're thinking of swapping the 24 3R's in the package with 100 Thank You photo cards.

apple

hi elcube,
oh...so we get to keep the 3R proofs of the selected ones. Are you still shopping around for your bridal boutique?

vicky

Hi apple and eli,

who is your makeup artist? I understand from Cynthia that we have no choice although she has a number of inhouse makeup artist. Also, how is the photogragher. Thanks

apple

hi vicky,
i think we can't choose our makeup person. As for photographer, I think Eric is pretty good and cynthia most likely wld recommend him.

have you signed up with J&amp;C??