J&C Bridal Collections

forest

wow.. this thread is really active!!!

well, i jus attended j&c's show on sat.. n also attended styles weddings bash on sun...

have to say... j&c is nice.. dint get to talk to cynthia personally.. but their photos r veri veri nice n natural... very enticed by the work of their photography... gowns r also great..
happy.gif

married: oh u know already?? hmmm... so 'qiao' hor... to actually spk to u here!!
biggrin.gif

O

oli

Btw, APPLE did you get your package thr a bridal show?

Wenn, so happy to hear from you again. Btw, which hotel will you be getting for your dinner? I am in the midst of planning but not sure which one to get.

Can the seniors pls advice me too? Thanks!

wenn

Hi forest,
did u sign up with J&C?
happy.gif

Hi married,
saw ur WG on display at the bridal show
happy.gif

Hi Oli,
my banquet is at Noble House restaurant. when's ur customary date? u got ur customary date yet? use that date to call up the hotels that suit ur number of tables
happy.gif
when's ur next appt with J&C?

Hi Smiley,
me kpo, when's ur next appt with J&C? when's ur customary date?
happy.gif

O

oli

Me will be next year. Probably in may or june. What about you, Wenn? I have not chosen the date with yet nor decided on the restaurant. Any recommendations for restaurant? As for the appt with j&c, it will be in november. Btw, how was your first appt? just call izzit? What next then? I am really blur....Btw, wenn, did you use the chinese calendar to choose the date? How to get it? Pls advice.

wenn

Hi <FONT COLOR="0000ff">Oli</FONT>
Wow, u signed up for package b4 finalising ur date??? My customary will be nov 03, initially was sep 03... changed it due to some clashes..

My 1st appt was very good, spent 3 hours there. Choose my WG &amp; EG liao. Going in may to settle trial makeup, fitting &amp; FH's suits.. Quite relaxed &amp; fun lor
happy.gif
Just call them to fix a date lor. But i think yours still early, so Cyn may want u to call &amp; fix appt later.. But no harm trying..

Yup, i got my dad's fren to choose the dates for me. The dates chosen must not clash with our horoscopes &amp; that of our parents, sister or brother or helpers lor.. u need contact can email me at [email protected]

I chose Noble House cos I like Tung Lok's food. You can find the listing of restaurants in the bridal mags like Wedding Travel, Her World or Female
happy.gif

married

hi gals
happy.gif

had just send u all some photos from my outdr ps. not sure if i missed anyone out??

oh wenn, u saw my gown
happy.gif
i did a lot of 'homework' b'4 deciding on the designs of my WG &amp; EG...glad 2 know it's gd enuf 2 b put on display...hehee...but of course credit mus go to cynthia for being able to tailor exactly wat i want...so rest of the gals, dun worry abt cynthia's skills....

forest: hope u can c the front n back view of my WG from the photos...u might have seen it at the bridal show too since wenn saw it...

oli:i dun usually put on makeup, so i was not used to having 'colors' on my face...hee...but my frens says it looks ok...so dun worry...it's more of personal preference...

jus for everyone's ref, think i got abt 10 corsages (incl hubby's) + wrist corsages for my 'jie meis'...car not included in the package thou'...

O

oli

I thot you have the date for year 2004 in chinese calendar. Hee....so have to go through a long process. Gosh!

Yupp! I signed up before finalising the date! Cos was so attracted to the WG designs and have gone for a few bridal shows. Think J&amp;C are very good so decided to give it a try lor!

Hee..you must share your experience with me at the end of the day! I am so happy for you that you have chosen Noble House cos Tung Lok's food is really good. I have heard alot about them!

Where is Noble House located? Any other recommendations?

apple

oh Oo.. i'm so blur
uhoh.gif
my PS is on 21 May! Trial mkup on 7 May, 2pm. sorri for the confusion ladies..
embarrassed.gif

TkS roro.. hey, do u noe u can take pic with ur gown after u hv confirm.
biggrin.gif

Helo Oli.. nope i did not my package fr any bridal show.
happy.gif
for ur chinese wedding banquet, tink u shld first determine:
1. how many tables u r catering for
2. budget for each table
3. get at least 3 dates so tat more convenient when chking wif restaurants.

Yup smiley, most likely will be using own car for wedding day. how did u guess?

hey married.. it's great tat J&amp;C gave u wrist corsages for ur 'jie meis'. my package only hv corsages for men. hmm.. will try &amp; ask cyn on my next visit. thks for the tip!

apple

married! rec'd ur pics! they were great! i reali can't tell tat it was taken in sentosa! i've been to fort canning &amp; botanical garden. but feel tat these places r so recognisable (if u noe wat i mean)
biggrin.gif
hmm.. maybe i will consider sentosa for my PS too!

i lurve ur 2nd gown too! well, ur figure is GREAT which is y can carry the gown so well! *sigh* envy envy..

wenn

wow, me went for dinner, come back so many postings!

hey married,
ur photos r very nice! u got 2 WGs for sentosa shoot issit? thanks for the corsage tip too!

oli,
u can check out the tungluk rests at www.tunglok.com they have imperium, club chinois, charming garden for banquets too.. or u can read the banquet threads in this website
happy.gif

Noble House is at UIC building, in front of DBS hq building..

actually, my initial choice of 14 nov was taken, so we chose sep 03... then found that got clashes, so went back to change,,, so qiao 14 nov available again cos the other couple postponed theirs
biggrin.gif

married

hi apple
happy.gif

oh, the 2nd one is actually 2pcs with pants...told cynthia i wanted something 'special' for my ps n she selected tis...i like the design for the top...hav u selected ur gowns for ur ps? u can consider tis...
hahaa...eric (photographer) said it's better for me to wear pants cos i very 'chor lor'...
dun need to envy me, every girl wil look great in their wedding gowns. u will too
happy.gif

wenn

hi married
happy.gif

I've seen the 2-piece one b4.. another bride oso chose it for her PS... nice nice
biggrin.gif
I might only have 1 gown for outdoor... see hor
happy.gif

apple

hiyee married.. hmm din notice tat u r wearing pants! COOL &amp; indeed veri special..
wink.gif
i feel tat the top is veri nice too! so u took ur actual WG &amp; pants WG for ur outdoor PS. I tot of hving actual WG for indoor shoot onli. afraid tat i will dirty it if i wear it for outdoor.
lame.gif
nope, hv not select my gowns for PS yet. will be selecting soon.

apple

ah married.. tks for ur kind words. i reali hope tat it will not turn out too bad. coz i hv alot of dark freckles on my face!
sad.gif

wenn.. hv u tot wat style of WG u wan for ur outdoor PS?

wenn

apple,
i like one halter neck &amp; patterns on the skirt.. used to be on display at the ground floor lift area... if dun have that one, i'll see wat else cynthia has
happy.gif

married

oh, i actually broke out in rashes (on my body) 2 days before the ps...was so upset...got little red patches all over. but dun worry, makeup and photo touchup will do the tricks...

ya, actually i dirtied my WG during outdr....the one where i sat on the swing lor, din noticed it was mud underneath so i jus sat dwn w/o adjusting the train n the next min i hear cynthia 'scream'...hahaa....tk gdness it can b washed off...

sklek

wowwww! so excited to see all your postings!
biggrin.gif

hi married,
you are sooo pretty! The photos attached are wonderful, all very natural and both of you are so loving, really "xian mu si ren" ah! Will defintitely so my hubby the photos, bet he'll say the same thing. Can't tell at all you were wearing pants, I tot it's those mermaid style skirt...

hi wenn, hi oli,
i am also in for tunglok food, heard good comments about it. Wanted to go for the Imperium roadshow but was cancelled, so now have to wait lor...anyway, tong shu not out yet.

hi apple,
hey, ur ps on 21 may ah? maybe can get to see you leh! u got night shoots or not?

hi forest,
have u made an appt with cynthia yet?

see so many postings about each other's WG/EG and ps, now can't wait for my own to start soon
lame.gif

forest

hi wenn/sklek,
actually, i hve not signed up with j&amp;c yet.. cos' its the 2nd bridal tt i saw.. n i wanted to see more b4 deciding.. anyway.. i wont b deciding so soon yet.. cos' my wedding shd b later part of next yr or might even b 2005.. but cos' i 'kan cheong'.. n love to look at gowns...
biggrin.gif

hi married,
i think i dint get ur email leh.. can u resend to me????????? really want to see the gowns.. esp. after all the rave comments on it frm the rest! tks n sorry for the trouble!!
happy.gif

sklek

Hi forest,

oic! no hurry then, I also encourage you to visit a few more bridals. Afterall, bridal is not a cheap investment
lame.gif
One personal tip though, every bridal have its own style, so try to restrict yourself to about 5 bridals or you might get confused lor

Hi valen25,
thank you! this site would be useful indeed. how's your search for your ring pillow?

V

valen25

Hi sklek,
I saw the ring pillows in taka.. quite worth it..only $20+.
happy.gif
but not buying yet though.. look around just to check at prices to decide if should ask mummy to sew.
wink.gif

married

morning forest
happy.gif

tried sending again but got error msg....ur mailbox full?? or...??
agree wif sklek, dun visit too many bridal shops or u'll end u getting confused...

tks everyone for the compliments...the credit shld go to eric. he managed to capture me at the nicest angles...

roro

hey wenn,
got ur email, thk U dear, *muack*
kiss.gif

hi gals, just wanted to know, if we need to get nite shots, do we need to pay extra, since the PS hours is until a certain time rite.. correct me if I'm wrong.

and the hula exercise is good, i do 20mins everyday. waist area really feel "firmer"!
happy.gif

sklek

hi roro,

i did ask them about night shots coz we're keen to include that in our album. No extra charges, but the time to start is different. For example, if you're taking just day shots, the ps for indoors will start early (about 9am) and ends about 5pm. If you wan to take night shots, then the ps for indoors will start later (about 11am) and ends about 7pm. Hope this helps.

hi valen25,
you can also try your luck at KALMS and there's one shop selling wedding gifts at Marina Square (dun know if still around or not), but forgot the name liao

wenn

hi roro,

glad to help
biggrin.gif

great! the hula thing worked for u too!!

hi forest,
take ur time... but dun confuse urself hor
happy.gif

for me, i avoided all the bridal shops that my frens &amp; colleagues went too cos i dun wanna look like them
lame.gif

V

valen25

sklek..yeah..i did go to the marina square one.. and tt's the shop that's selling $88 and above for ring pillows...way too ex for me.
happy.gif

forest

hi sklek/married,
thanks for the tips... i will try to list those bridals tt fit the style i m interested in.. wun wan to end up being confused also!
rofl.gif

married,
hmmm.. mayb the file is too big.. cos' hotmail only max 2MB... can u resend to [email protected]
sorry for the trouble!!
happy.gif

forest

hi wenn,
tat's another valid suggestion hor... i.e. not visiting the same bridals... wah.. for me, most of my cousins got married w/in this yr or 2.. so, i def hve bridals to avoid man!!!
biggrin.gif

apple

hi sklek, J&amp;C has arranged my PS time that i can hv nite shoot. yup, maybe i'll get to c u tat nite!
wink.gif

wenn

hi apple,
i went down to look for Cynthia yesterday,, i went w/o appt
lame.gif
collected my photos that Eric took the other day,,, but hor... not so nice,, cos can see the uneven colour tones on my teeth
sad.gif

i saw the Attitude Photography's album,, PS style is more like fashion spread.. but no touch ups,, can see freckles lor....

sklek

hi apple, so exciting! PS coming soon, remember to rest well, eat well
happy.gif
we'll be waiting to hear your experience

roro

Hi wenn, u mean u went for ur PS oredi..?? uhmm, dun worry lah, they will do touch up for U. the after effect will be different.

hi Apple, good luck &amp; enjoy the process!!!

wenn

Paiseh Roro, not PS... just that at the bridal show, Eric will take 3 photos of the couple lor
happy.gif

yup, they will do touch ups...

O

oli

Hi Wenn, our EG are mtm so is it for us to keep after the wedding or must we return to j&amp;c for trademark purpose? Heee....anyone got idea on this? Thanks!

O

oli

The PS must be quite long and taxing. I really cannot imagine one whole day of phototaking. Btw, Wenn and roro, must we suggest the place for our PS?

O

oli

Hey Wenn, dun wori about the photos, you know something they always say that on the wedding day, the bride will always look the best. God is always so great!

wenn

Hi Roro
happy.gif

kekeke...

Hi Oli,
The MTM EGs are on rental... most of the time, Cynthia will sell them off in one of her WG sales
happy.gif

As for PS, it is up to u to suggest lor if u have some preference... if not, u can leave it to the photographer to suggest... yup, i know i shouldn't worry about the photos cos they will do touch ups.... just that i've got those kopi stains on my teeth
sad.gif

roro

hi Oli,
wenn is rite, but up to now, still no ideal where is the best place to PS.
happy.gif

hey wenn
start drinking Fresh Milk kekeke

dong

Hi married,
i'm about to sign up with J &amp; C. care to share your photos with me? [email protected]
Thanks in advance!
btw, is Eric a young guy who is quite tall? thot he shld be the one at the bridal show i went to last month 'cos there was this photographer who took shots for couples who attended their show.

wenn

Hi Dong,
U r correct, the guy in white shirt taking photos for couples is Eric. The other guy in khaki top, running around taking photos is one of the actual day photographers, Louis, i think...
happy.gif

apple

hi sklek &amp; roro, tks for ur kind words &amp; wishes! i need it! will definitely share my PS shoot experience with u guys. anyway, i'm kinda scared. i'm not veri fotogenic &amp; natural in front of camera. melt easily (perspire) when under the sun too. *sigh* hope i wil not wipe off all the makeup. *sigh sigh*

sklek

hi apple,

yeap, u'll sure look fabulous! Ever hear brides always have those glows on their faces? Enjoy the process, feel glamourous and beautiful because you are
happy.gif

roro

hey apple,
just prepare watever u need before hand, like perfume, blotters, water, Facial cleanser etc..
i believe Eric will know how to "relax" U.
happy.gif

pray for good weather and be the mei-est bride!!!

ok gals, i'm gg to meet cyn later to choose my WG.. wish me good Luck!!! hope i can find one i like..... adios